MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

Heading in to get PRK’d in a few.

Hopefully be able to read the thread again by Tuesday.

This should give you an idea of my next few days in case anyone cares (or is bored)

https://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/a-week-ago-i-got-prk-laser-eye-surgery-and-have-gone-from-20200-to-2020/

If I do go blind, I am still expecting to defend my net division title at the stroke play. I’ll just find one of those beeping balls and hire a seeing eye caddy.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

Dropped off some clubs at Golf Care Center on my way to get eye surgery. Had a nice talk with Jack (I think - is he bald?) about finding a club you love no matter what it looks like (inspired by the PM 64*).

Originally thought I was going to have to get him to mail me the clubs (lie adjustments) but he said he could get them turned around today and to stop back by after my surgery. Seemed like a great place, just wish I lived closer to it. I recommend them solely based on emails and this one conversation so you know it's good!

Jack responding to your emails is the biggest upset of 2018.

If you catch him on a conversation topic he agrees with you, it's always a good chat, but it's more entertaining to get him on a rant about something he doesn't like.

Dropped off some clubs at Golf Care Center on my way to get eye surgery. Had a nice talk with Jack (I think - is he bald?) about finding a club you love no matter what it looks like (inspired by the PM 64*).

Originally thought I was going to have to get him to mail me the clubs (lie adjustments) but he said he could get them turned around today and to stop back by after my surgery. Seemed like a great place, just wish I lived closer to it. I recommend them solely based on emails and this one conversation so you know it's good!

Hope your surgery goes well! LASIK for me was the best money ever spent. Was able to see after waking up from a deep slumber after surgery.

I know PRK is a little different, but I don't see how you're going to be able to pick your clubs up after surgery today. Twenty minutes after the eye surgery, it was near impossible to keep my eyes open and not want to sleep. That was mostly the valium and tylenol pm they gave me, but still. You also never realize how often you rub your eyes until you're not allowed to do so.

Hope your surgery goes well! LASIK for me was the best money ever spent. Was able to see after waking up from a deep slumber after surgery.

I know PRK is a little different, but I don't see how you're going to be able to pick your clubs up after surgery today. Twenty minutes after the eye surgery, it was near impossible to keep my eyes open and not want to sleep. That was mostly the valium and tylenol pm they gave me, but still. You also never realize how often you rub your eyes until you're not allowed to do so.

Agreed. My doc even told me not to F around for a few days. Watch tv. Sit around and do nothing. Wear the goggles.

Just had my 3rd annual checkup, can still read the 20-15 line.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I'm getting toward the end of my bout with pink eye and my vision is blurry AF. I may have to get lasik tomorrow. I can't handle this.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Totally have some senioritis today and don't want to be at work. More than normal. I'm taking off tomorrow and Monday for the golfs. Have a charity scramble tomorrow at Bull Run, with an open beverage cart all day! Fried chicken and pig roast to follow. On Monday I'm playing my first VSGA one day event at River Creek. Everything has been paid for awhile now, so it feels like free golf.

Snuck out for an afternoon round at Blue Mash with GoTime and my buddy Aaron. Really had it going on the front. (+1) with a brain fart 2nd ball par. Lots of birdie putts (made 1). Literally forgot how to play golf on holes 10-13. Came back with 3 straight pars, then bogey bogey to finish with a 3 putt from 6 feet on 18. Really felt tired for some reason starting on Hole 14, and I was riding. Long week at work I guess.

Finished at 79. Worst feeling sub 80 round ever, lol. Hope you guys are out enjoying this beautiful weather as well.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

hey all....just joined the board (are these things still called message boards?) and hoping to get to a club event soon.

in the interim, i'm usually good for at least one round per weekend (played 36 at PB Dye last Sunday when my wife went out of town for a work trip), but my buddies--though good golfers--aren't as devoted as i am, which typically leaves me looking for golf partners. let me know if you ever need a single to join.

hey all....just joined the board (are these things still called message boards?) and hoping to get to a club event soon.

in the interim, i'm usually good for at least one round per weekend (played 36 at PB Dye last Sunday when my wife went out of town for a work trip), but my buddies--though good golfers--aren't as devoted as i am, which typically leaves me looking for golf partners. let me know if you ever need a single to join.

Welcome. Love the user name. Grew up on the North Shore, but parents are currently retired on the Cape. Get to play out there a couple times a year.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

We had an AirWolf foursome at Waverly Woods yesterday. Weather was a PURE 10. We played with AirWolf multiplying EVERYTHING. We're working on standardizing the game, because it's so much fun.

Total blast. HIghlights, and lowlights. Sorry to do this to you, Fabb.

Domes birdies 1 on like a 18 foot curly. Nice putt.

On 2, Fabb and PQ go for it and are right in front. Domes, stroking, hits a wedge to about 18 inches. Q tells me, "you better sink this one" and I fly the flag by a yard, dead on. 8 feet. Fabb chips first and hits it to a foot. Birdie. PQ goes next and putts it in from in front of the green. Eagle. We gave domes his birdie, then I finesse my birdie into the hole for another birdie. -5 on the hole.

Fabb hits a great looking shot on 7 and goes AirWolf (4X multiplier). Playing 202 and he's about 20 feet. I go next and stick one to about 10 feet to steal the greenie. But, the hole pushes and the "4" carries over.

Halve 8, so 9 is going to be worth 6, but Domes, getting the only stroke, pipes one down the middle and goes AirWolf to make the hole worth 24. :nyam: He sticks his next one to 8 feet. I hit the green from the fairway bunker, but fail to get the sandy and Domes takes the whole 24 for a 35 point front.

Skip to hole 18. Carry-over. PQ is AirWolf. Domes is stroking. PQ hits one into the left junk. He passes on Fabb. Passes on me. Domes, who is running on fumes at this point, tops one into the junk. PQ is now lone wolf and puts his second ball in the fairway. Hole is worth 4 now.

Well, Fabb has crushed a drive and hits a hybrid from 215 to about 6 feet. Lying 2. Q is lying 3 in the fairway and misses the green right. So, we're looking at birdie/eagle, win the carryover, with an extra dot and just laying waste to PQ's wallet. Also, I have about 12 feet for bird.

Well, PQ CHIPS IN for a second ball par eagle 5. Fabb runs his 6 foot eagle putt about 2 feet past and misses the poke-in for birdie so we halve the hole. I'm like :cheesy: and Fabb is :angry22: .

Domes got 1 dot on the back for 36 but was still the big winner. He got more on hole 9 than anyone else got all day, except me (25).

Your winner (if the link works)....

8_ZCMt_Gf87_U2wv_Fa9w_JVEZ2_B6ay2_QZglh5_Wix_Cl_G55_htt_Cnhyto0_Crzyn_YXp2_6up_Kj_Lv_AEd4ot_YHVZd7al_Ou_EX_m_BH_a_BMCFMRb_TKvm_Tw_LBlb9k_Gk_P9x_FWh_P2i6_Nxz3_PKfi4n_FYjc4_w600_h315_p_k.jpg

Solid Mexican food after the round. I order the Salsa Verde Pork and waitress tells me that's her fave. She comes back by and goes, "how's the pork". Without even realizing it, I go, "It's f***-- oh, sorry, it's really good."

She goes, "that's all right; I f----ing love it."

Solid stop after a round at Waverly. Not as nice a space for a hang, but much better food than Players. Same strip mall.

Related : we're going on a trip next year, so I bought this zoom lens for our SLR and took it out on the course yesterday. Got A LOT of pics. Poor framing, and face shadows on most of them, but there's a few cool ones in there. Domes mixed in a couple of vids. LINK TO ALBUM.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Related : we're going on a trip next year, so I bought this zoom lens for our SLR and took it out on the course yesterday. Got A LOT of pics. Poor framing, and face shadows on most of them, but there's a few cool ones in there. Domes mixed in a couple of vids. LINK TO ALBUM.

What kind of camera? I bought a new Sony RX100V for Scotland - and still have my OG RX100 in my bag as a backup. I had sold my D7000 last year but am always tinkering with jumping back in.

I think the quality of some of the point and shoots now - and even the mirrorless options - are so, so good though.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Really great afternoon yesterday. Domes made the trek to join City, PQ, and me for a round at Waverly.

It was my first round of AirWolf, and I'm all-in on it. We made a few tweaks, and I think it's just about ready for prime time.

<Removed. City posted a recap before I finished typing. The finish on 18 was the definition of tragic comedy.>

The game was excellent. I'd say the final dot totals very well represented the quality of play from each person.

With the exception of his wedge game, City is just so freaking dialed in right now. He's splitting fairways all day. He had the greenie on every single par 3. Even missing basically 100% of the 50/50 range putts he had yesterday, he put up a 74.

Domes came out firing early, and faded over the last 4'ish holes. His win on 9 is the current leader in the clubhouse for most dots won on a single hole in AirWolf.

I'm starting to get really frustrated with my play. I had a few inexcusable club club choice-driving error mistakes early. I hit 12 greens and a fringe. I honestly felt pretty fine about the way I was rolling my putts, but I made nothing. I made a minor adjustment on 14 tee, and hit every single fairway and green coming in from there. I had 6ft-7ft-6ft with maybe 8-10" of break total in all 3 to finish birdie-birdie-eagle. I made 3 pars. On one hand, I'm probably being narcissistic in not admitting that I'm just not as good as I think I should be. On the other hand, I do think there's something to me just not playing the game well. I don't feel like I lack the golf skills to be scoring the ball better than I am at the moment.

What kind of camera? I bought a new Sony RX100V for Scotland - and still have my OG RX100 in my bag as a backup. I had sold my D7000 last year but am always tinkering with jumping back in.

I think the quality of some of the point and shoots now - and even the mirrorless options - are so, so good though.

Yeah, there's some sweet stuff out there now. I actually just saw that Nikon came out with a mirrorless to compete with those Sony's. I saw in your trip report about that Sony. It's a nice camera.

Ours is just the Nikon D3100. The entry level DSLR. We got it mostly for the wife to take jewelry photographs 5 or 6 years ago and we have a decent 60mm macro lens for it. It's fine. Imagine how I think about golf equipment is how I think about camera equipment.

The lens I got was a used Tamron 18mm-270mm zoom, with AF and Vibration Control. I was just trying to play with the aperture, and zoom. I want to get a feel for how fast the card fills up with different image size/quality, and the battery usage. We're in late-stage planning of a trip to Tanzania, and it's possible there won't be places to charge it or get a new card.

The 18-270 should cover almost anything I need to do. A good "travel lens", supposedly.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

The lens I got was a used Tamron 18mm-270mm zoom, with AF and Vibration Control. I was just trying to play with the aperture, and zoom. I want to get a feel for how fast the card fills up with different image size/quality, and the battery usage. We're in late-stage planning of a trip to Tanzania, and it's possible there won't be places to charge it or get a new card.

The 18-270 should cover almost anything I need to do. A good "travel lens", supposedly.

Really good choice IMO. Almost the exact same lens I bought to Tanzania - mine was an 18-300 but basically the same idea. My concern was mostly in driving around for two weeks that I wouldnt want to change lenses when it was all dusty - at it was - and I knew gunk was going to get in the lens threads if I was changing them all the time. It worked perfectly. You'll see people lugging huge bags with tons of stuff but man it was so nice to just have only one lens.

So damn jelly, you are going to love it.

One tip I got before I went - not that anything happened but just in case - was to buy a ton of smaller memory cards and switch every day. That way if a card gets corrupted for whatever reason, you only lose one day of pics and not your whole trip.

One thing I dont do enough is what you're doing, just using the camera. My wife and I go walking every night and I've started bringing it, just playing with the macro mode, practicing changing the different settings etc. Definitely starting to get more used to all the options.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Snuck out for an afternoon round at Blue Mash with GoTime and my buddy Aaron. Really had it going on the front. (+1) with a brain fart 2nd ball par. Lots of birdie putts (made 1). Literally forgot how to play golf on holes 10-13. Came back with 3 straight pars, then bogey bogey to finish with a 3 putt from 6 feet on 18. Really felt tired for some reason starting on Hole 14, and I was riding. Long week at work I guess.

Finished at 79. Worst feeling sub 80 round ever, lol. Hope you guys are out enjoying this beautiful weather as well.

The weather is so nice, I might actually get out.... and go putt-putting.

I just needed to get a post into the new thread so I would know where to go when I come back to the site. I usually just hit the search for all threads I participated in and most are from like May or 2017. Y'all left me trying to post in the old thread wondering wtf why can't I reply.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

The weather is so nice, I might actually get out.... and go putt-putting.

I just needed to get a post into the new thread so I would know where to go when I come back to the site. I usually just hit the search for all threads I participated in and most are from like May or 2017. Y'all left me trying to post in the old thread wondering wtf why can't I reply.

InsignificantUltimateDrake-size_restricted.gif

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

InsignificantUltimateDrake-size_restricted.gif

Just a guy trying to avoid Tiger threads and rules debates in the main forums...

tenor.gif

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

The making and breaking of alliances ends up being really entertaining in AirWolf.

I was the wolf on 11, and I hit a stinker off to the right. City steps up next and hits it right down the middle so I claim him. He's mad because he thinks I'm out of the hole off the tee. Domes is mad because he's stroking and I slighted him by picking somebody before he hit. Then he's more mad because my response was, "I needed a sure thing" lol.

Just got back from the definition of a dew sweeper round at EPP with ahoop. He's taking lessons and it's showing. His driver wasn't excellent, but the rule is you can't get upset about shots you hit before 7am, which was basically everything until the 9th hole. We hit drives on #1 at 5:52am, and we only found his, because we heard it hit a tree and it was sitting on the cart path. I found someone else's ball and used it the rest of the day.

Ahoops after-7am irons were excellent.

2 rounds in 18 hours for me. Now it's time to get some juice. It's a left arm day.

Just got back from the definition of a dew sweeper round at EPP with ahoop. He's taking lessons and it's showing. His driver wasn't excellent, but the rule is you can't get upset about shots you hit before 7am, which was basically everything until the 9th hole. We hit drives on #1 at 5:52am, and we only found his, because we heard it hit a tree and it was sitting on the cart path. I found someone else's ball and used it the rest of the day.

2 rounds in 18 hours for me. Now it's time to get some juice. It's a left arm day.

Absolutely perfect morning, besides getting a call from my boss about 2 minutes after pulling out of the parking lot and needing to get on a call with her and her boss on my drive home :)

Played better today than I have been. Had a bunch of good looks on the back - need to convert some of the putts. If, and its always a big if for me, the driver can be even a bit better, I can get back to some decent golf.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

Played Rocky Point since a buddy of mine wanted a quick round. Weather was great and course is rebounding nicely. Started off -1 after 4 then somehow I ended the nine +3.. Birdied #10 then ended up being 20 yards short lying 2. Holed out for eagle and we are in business. First eagle since I started playing again. Then #14 is a 225 yards and I double. Birdie the next hole and then on the green in two and I three putt for par. Lip out of #18 for my birdie and manage a 73. I switched back to my old putter and everything is going in. It feels so good to have it back in the bag.

Titleist 917 D3 8.5 Degree 

Tour Edge 3 Wood 15 Degree

Titleist T-MB 2-Iron

735 CM 4-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 52, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 

Played Rocky Point since a buddy of mine wanted a quick round. Weather was great and course is rebounding nicely. Started off -1 after 4 then somehow I ended the nine +3.. Birdied #10 then ended up being 20 yards short lying 2. Holed out for eagle and we are in business. First eagle since I started playing again. Then #14 is a 225 yards and I double. Birdie the next hole and then on the green in two and I three putt for par. Lip out of #18 for my birdie and manage a 73. I switched back to my old putter and everything is going in. It feels so good to have it back in the bag.

Nice round.

RP can have some tricky spots. Always tough picking the right club on 11.

When I first moved to Baltimore I would play about 5 times a year, and went out there with my Dad once. I think I was expecting some gorgeous seaside course. It wasn't that exactly, but I remember having an eagle putt on the second par 5 on the back.

Like Queenstown, it just bothers me that the course doesn't have more of a relationship with the water. Even Pine Ridge has more going on with the reservoir than that place does with the bay.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

There's a lot of damn good golf being played in here lately.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

RP can have some tricky spots. Always tough picking the right club on 11.

When I first moved to Baltimore I would play about 5 times a year, and went out there with my Dad once. I think I was expecting some gorgeous seaside course. It wasn't that exactly, but I remember having an eagle putt on the second par 5 on the back.

Like Queenstown, it just bothers me that the course doesn't have more of a relationship with the water. Even Pine Ridge has more going on with the reservoir than that place does with the bay.

Rocky Point has its quirks but it is a fairly straight forward course if you are patient and hitting fairways. With work I basically just sneak off and play a quick nine after 5 there. The greens are slow and bumpy right now but people complain way too much about them. Might play on Sunday if anyone is playing near or around Baltimore let me know.

Titleist 917 D3 8.5 Degree 

Tour Edge 3 Wood 15 Degree

Titleist T-MB 2-Iron

735 CM 4-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 52, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 

there's a few cool ones in there. Domes mixed in a couple of vids. LINK TO ALBUM.

pics are so good (even the bad ones... especially the bad ones!). thanks for sharing.

i know it can take a lot to snap pics/vids. it can be distracting, especially in a tournament round. the results are usually so worth the trouble tho. wish we could have you "testing" out your camera at all hive events going forward. :)

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5