2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @bladehunter said:

> So. After some calls , hand wringing etc. it looks like nobody is getting a set if it includes x100 shafts , cord grips or a 3 iron until mid June. And they willl not amend an order.

>

>

> I had a plan and a backup plan to get a set and both have fallen through. Unless I wait till mid June.

>

> One set which was the backup was/is a store stock set allocated to a green grass pro shop that’s been in same location since the 70s. A shop that’s had a TM account since literally day one. This set was ordered almost 4 weeks ago. And is now back ordered until June 13th.

>

> Now how do we explain this ? The only explanation is that there aren’t more than 20 sets of these currently in existence. That or some genius thought nobody would order the 3 iron. Either for wall hanger or play. Who doesn’t order the whole set of these ????? But I don’t buy that being the case. Otherwise why not amend the order. Ship the 4-Pw now and then the 3 when it comes in ? Answer. They don’t have any to ship. Two days till release date and they are backordered a month and a half. And yet only 3 sets have arrived to members here. Which has to make up 2/3 of the total sales of these. Hmmmm. Somethings kind of fishy.

I’m glad I got my set when I did. Normally, I am the one waiting for months on end to get my set.

Got to hit a 7 iron today and it was pretty sweet. I love my Apex MBs, never thought I would find something better until today. Hit them both side by side and at least today The P7TW won me over. It looks better that address, like way better. Longer heel to toe and a more pleasing topline. Its definitely firmer than then Apex, which is something I didn't know that I would like. It just has a really solid feel.

Blade, if that is true I’m betting there will be some unhappy people come 5/1 myself included. I ordered mine the exact way you mentioned and was told they would ship on 5-1. However, when I called and checked in to see if there were any updates I was told they didn’t have any new info. I’m doubtful they will ship on 5/1 even though I preordered and was told it was one of the sets available from the rep. If they don’t ship 5-1 I’ll simply cancel my order and get a refund.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @bluejeeprubi said:

> Blade, if that is true I’m betting there will be some unhappy people come 5/1 myself included. I ordered mine the exact way you mentioned and was told they would ship on 5-1. However, when I called and checked in to see if there were any updates I was told they didn’t have any new info. I’m doubtful they will ship on 5/1 even though I preordered and was told it was one of the sets available from the rep. If they don’t ship 5-1 I’ll simply cancel my order and get a refund.

Already took my name off my set. They aren’t shipping and I’m not able to wait. There will be some on the secondary market for sale by then. Or more likely I’ll just keep playing what I have.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > So. After some calls , hand wringing etc. it looks like nobody is getting a set if it includes x100 shafts , cord grips or a 3 iron until mid June. And they willl not amend an order.

> >

> >

> > I had a plan and a backup plan to get a set and both have fallen through. Unless I wait till mid June.

> >

> > One set which was the backup was/is a store stock set allocated to a green grass pro shop that’s been in same location since the 70s. A shop that’s had a TM account since literally day one. This set was ordered almost 4 weeks ago. And is now back ordered until June 13th.

> >

> > Now how do we explain this ? The only explanation is that there aren’t more than 20 sets of these currently in existence. That or some genius thought nobody would order the 3 iron. Either for wall hanger or play. Who doesn’t order the whole set of these ????? But I don’t buy that being the case. Otherwise why not amend the order. Ship the 4-Pw now and then the 3 when it comes in ? Answer. They don’t have any to ship. Two days till release date and they are backordered a month and a half. And yet only 3 sets have arrived to members here. Which has to make up 2/3 of the total sales of these. Hmmmm. Somethings kind of fishy.

>

> Yea, they just don't have much stock is all, the same thing happened with the p730 last year and it wasn't a big release. Never thought I would run into a backordered issue on a blade like p730.

>

> The last couple groups who did the TM trips on here and got fitted sets, if you followed along, they all ended up waiting months for their clubs to ship do to out of stock issues. Wedge would show up one day, few weeks later couple irons, month later putter would arrive, lol.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > So. After some calls , hand wringing etc. it looks like nobody is getting a set if it includes x100 shafts , cord grips or a 3 iron until mid June. And they willl not amend an order.

> >

> >

> > I had a plan and a backup plan to get a set and both have fallen through. Unless I wait till mid June.

> >

> > One set which was the backup was/is a store stock set allocated to a green grass pro shop that’s been in same location since the 70s. A shop that’s had a TM account since literally day one. This set was ordered almost 4 weeks ago. And is now back ordered until June 13th.

> >

> > Now how do we explain this ? The only explanation is that there aren’t more than 20 sets of these currently in existence. That or some genius thought nobody would order the 3 iron. Either for wall hanger or play. Who doesn’t order the whole set of these ????? But I don’t buy that being the case. Otherwise why not amend the order. Ship the 4-Pw now and then the 3 when it comes in ? Answer. They don’t have any to ship. Two days till release date and they are backordered a month and a half. And yet only 3 sets have arrived to members here. Which has to make up 2/3 of the total sales of these. Hmmmm. Somethings kind of fishy.

>

> Yea, they just don't have much stock is all, the same thing happened with the p730 last year and it wasn't a big release. Never thought I would run into a backordered issue on a blade like p730.

>

> The last couple groups who did the TM trips on here and got fitted sets, if you followed along, they all ended up waiting months for their clubs to ship do to out of stock issues. Wedge would show up one day, few weeks later couple irons, month later putter would arrive, lol.

Wow. Nope. I didn’t follow that. Had no idea nor would I have dreamed that the 730 would have been an issue to keep up with demand for.

I just don’t have the time to wait half the summer for a set of irons.

To say I’m disappointed is an understatement. And that’s on the retail set. I also had another demo set lined up which got called back from the player who had them. Since he wasn’t putting them in play. All that fell like dominoes this morning. This would have been my first truly brand new set of irons . Oh well.

Just can’t understand how someone released an iron with none to sell ?

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Got mine today. They are gorgeous. I think I ordered them in x100 but got s400. I used to play those and hemmed and hawed about which one to get for a while so I don’t mind too much. Have a tournament on Thursday. I don’t want to break them in then so I’m going to maybe play them on Friday.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

> @bladehunter said:

> So. After some calls , hand wringing etc. it looks like nobody is getting a set if it includes x100 shafts , cord grips or a 3 iron until mid June. And they willl not amend an order.

>

>

> I had a plan and a backup plan to get a set and both have fallen through. Unless I wait till mid June.

>

> One set which was the backup was/is a store stock set allocated to a green grass pro shop that’s been in same location since the 70s. A shop that’s had a TM account since literally day one. This set was ordered almost 4 weeks ago. And is now back ordered until June 13th.

>

> Now how do we explain this ? The only explanation is that there aren’t more than 20 sets of these currently in existence. That or some genius thought nobody would order the 3 iron. Either for wall hanger or play. Who doesn’t order the whole set of these ????? But I don’t buy that being the case. Otherwise why not amend the order. Ship the 4-Pw now and then the 3 when it comes in ? Answer. They don’t have any to ship. Two days till release date and they are backordered a month and a half. And yet only 3 sets have arrived to members here. Which has to make up 2/3 of the total sales of these. Hmmmm. Somethings kind of fishy.

You're sure the info you received was for all orders and not just those after the initial allotment was already gone? I don't have info either way, but I find it hard to believe an OEM would announce a ship date only a few weeks out without having component stock to fulfill their initial projections. It just doesn't pass the smell test. But I suppose it's possible.

Since we haven't even hit the official availability date yet, I'm going to sit tight and hope my order ships on time...but I'm worried...

• Like 1

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9.0, Ventus TR Blue 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), Ventus TR Red 7X, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

> @bladehunter said:

>

>

>

>

I didn’t order the 3 iron, as there is 0 chance I’m putting it in play. It’s either the udi 2 iron or a hybrid. With that said, it sounds like if they were cord grips or x100 it’s still the same issue, correct?

@bladehunter

So you’re saying it’s possible that Tiger and myself are the only ones that have 3-pw??!! Lol

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

> @jll62 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> You're sure the info you received was for all orders and not just those after the initial allotment was already gone? I don't have info either way, but I find it hard to believe an OEM would announce a ship date only a few weeks out without having component stock to fulfill their initial projections. It just doesn't pass the smell test. But I suppose it's possible.

>

> Since we haven't even hit the official availability date yet, I'm going to sit tight and hope my order ships on time...but I'm worried...

Dude. All BS and bias aside. I called myself and spoke to them. Couldn’t get particulars on that order because I didn’t have order number. But was told “ if it was 3-pw it’s back ordered until june1 at least “. So I then went to the pro shop. Had them call with me standing there , and they told him on that specific order “ backordered till at least June 13 ... June 1 on 3 iron and at least two more weeks on the x100 shafts. True temper is running low “. That order stayed in place I just can’t wait that long on a set to play. I’ll be past two events by then and a week from a 3rd. I can play what I have now still just fine. And wait and buy that set I guess. But it’s pretty hard for me to trust they actually ship by that date. Way too many variables . Sounds like a couple months honestly.

The shop owner ( who I know very well) also Called the regional rep to see if he may have a set allocated to himself that he could sell me. No dice. He’s also said there was nothing that could be done about amending the order. They had a meeting or call already explicitly instructing them to make it clear that orders cannot be changed.

Having a tour set taken back is an odd thing too. I’ve not heard of that. Tour guys test and give away / sell cast offs regularly. But if they are that short I can see it , to get to someone else to use or test I suppose.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @denvergolf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> I didn’t order the 3 iron, as there is 0 chance I’m putting it in play. It’s either the udi 2 iron or a hybrid. With that said, it sounds like if they were cord grips or x100 it’s still the same issue, correct?

>

Yes grips and x100 are also issues. But I asked couldn’t they build them 4-pw and any shaft they have in stock plus any grip they have . I’d just reshaft them and wait for 3 iron. Absolutely not we where told. And I have no idea why.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @jll62 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > So. After some calls , hand wringing etc. it looks like nobody is getting a set if it includes x100 shafts , cord grips or a 3 iron until mid June. And they willl not amend an order.

> > >

> > >

> > > I had a plan and a backup plan to get a set and both have fallen through. Unless I wait till mid June.

> > >

> > > One set which was the backup was/is a store stock set allocated to a green grass pro shop that’s been in same location since the 70s. A shop that’s had a TM account since literally day one. This set was ordered almost 4 weeks ago. And is now back ordered until June 13th.

> > >

> > > Now how do we explain this ? The only explanation is that there aren’t more than 20 sets of these currently in existence. That or some genius thought nobody would order the 3 iron. Either for wall hanger or play. Who doesn’t order the whole set of these ????? But I don’t buy that being the case. Otherwise why not amend the order. Ship the 4-Pw now and then the 3 when it comes in ? Answer. They don’t have any to ship. Two days till release date and they are backordered a month and a half. And yet only 3 sets have arrived to members here. Which has to make up 2/3 of the total sales of these. Hmmmm. Somethings kind of fishy.

> >

> > You're sure the info you received was for all orders and not just those after the initial allotment was already gone? I don't have info either way, but I find it hard to believe an OEM would announce a ship date only a few weeks out without having component stock to fulfill their initial projections. It just doesn't pass the smell test. But I suppose it's possible.

> >

> > Since we haven't even hit the official availability date yet, I'm going to sit tight and hope my order ships on time...but I'm worried...

>

> Dude. All BS and bias aside. I called myself and spoke to them. Couldn’t get particulars on that order because I didn’t have order number. But was told “ if it was 3-pw it’s back ordered until june1 at least “. So I then went to the pro shop. Had them call with me standing there , and they told him on that specific order “ backordered till at least June 13 ... June 1 on 3 iron and at least two more weeks on the x100 shafts. True temper is running low “. That order stayed in place I just can’t wait that long on a set to play. I’ll be past two events by then and a week from a 3rd. I can play what I have now still just fine. And wait and buy that set I guess. But it’s pretty hard for me to trust they actually ship by that date. Way too many variables . Sounds like a couple months honestly.

>

> The shop owner ( who I know very well) also Called the regional rep to see if he may have a set allocated to himself that he could sell me. No dice. He’s also said there was nothing that could be done about amending the order. They had a meeting or call already explicitly instructing them to make it clear that orders cannot be changed.

>

> Having a tour set taken back is an odd thing too. I’ve not heard of that. Tour guys test and give away / sell cast offs regularly. But if they are that short I can see it , to get to someone else to use or test I suppose.

*sigh*

Bummer. Thanks for the details. I was hoping to have mine early enough to put into play before my first event in a couple of weeks. Anything past mid-May and I'll have a hard time changing until late July. Fingers still crossed, but it doesn't sound promising.

TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post

Yep. Exactly my thoughts.

This all started because of a warranty issue with the irons I was playing. Ping took great care of me , but rather than replacements I took a refund to buy 1 of the 2 sets of the P7-TW that were offered to me 1st. Now they both fell through. Lol. My luck. So I’m back to playing a worn out set of 17 year old irons. And tournament season fastly approaching. Have to make a decision and get settled quick. Man I wish these releases happened in the off season.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I did it just for the heck of it and it said 4/19/19. Might depend on shaft and grip configurations. > @bladehunter said:

> Yep. Exactly my thoughts.

>

> This all started because of a warranty issue with the irons I was playing. Ping took great care of me , but rather than replacements I took a refund to buy 1 of the 2 sets of the P7-TW that were offered to me 1st. Now they both fell through. Lol. My luck. So I’m back to playing a worn out set of 17 year old irons. And tournament season fastly approaching. Have to make a decision and get settled quick. Man I wish these releases happened in the off season.

Did you try By Pass on 295?

> @BiggErn said:

> I did it just for the heck of it and it said 4/19/19. Might depend on shaft and grip configurations. > @bladehunter said:

> > Yep. Exactly my thoughts.

> >

> > This all started because of a warranty issue with the irons I was playing. Ping took great care of me , but rather than replacements I took a refund to buy 1 of the 2 sets of the P7-TW that were offered to me 1st. Now they both fell through. Lol. My luck. So I’m back to playing a worn out set of 17 year old irons. And tournament season fastly approaching. Have to make a decision and get settled quick. Man I wish these releases happened in the off season.

>

> Did you try By Pass on 295?

Yep. That’s who has the order that’s still open and due June 13. But I appreciate the thought.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > So. After some calls , hand wringing etc. it looks like nobody is getting a set if it includes x100 shafts , cord grips or a 3 iron until mid June. And they willl not amend an order.

> > >

> > >

> > > I had a plan and a backup plan to get a set and both have fallen through. Unless I wait till mid June.

> > >

> > > One set which was the backup was/is a store stock set allocated to a green grass pro shop that’s been in same location since the 70s. A shop that’s had a TM account since literally day one. This set was ordered almost 4 weeks ago. And is now back ordered until June 13th.

> > >

> > > Now how do we explain this ? The only explanation is that there aren’t more than 20 sets of these currently in existence. That or some genius thought nobody would order the 3 iron. Either for wall hanger or play. Who doesn’t order the whole set of these ????? But I don’t buy that being the case. Otherwise why not amend the order. Ship the 4-Pw now and then the 3 when it comes in ? Answer. They don’t have any to ship. Two days till release date and they are backordered a month and a half. And yet only 3 sets have arrived to members here. Which has to make up 2/3 of the total sales of these. Hmmmm. Somethings kind of fishy.

> >

> > I didn’t order the 3 iron, as there is 0 chance I’m putting it in play. It’s either the udi 2 iron or a hybrid. With that said, it sounds like if they were cord grips or x100 it’s still the same issue, correct?

> >

>

>

> Yes grips and x100 are also issues. But I asked couldn’t they build them 4-pw and any shaft they have in stock plus any grip they have . I’d just reshaft them and wait for 3 iron. Absolutely not we where told. And I have no idea why.

I literally just got a notice from TM that mine shipped today. 4-W, Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord, X100 tour issue

Update from Dubai - my local TM dealership informed me that there's a 1-2 week shipping delay and my set should arrive sometime mid-May (not confirmed). Something to do about shortage of shafts and grips. They have no idea if these will arrive as standard spec or Tiger spec (loft, lie, shafts) - all they know is that the order was placed based on what was offered by TM before TW won the Masters. Frankly, with at least another 4 other sets of blades (all custom fitted) in the house, I could care less for another another set in 'standard' spec. I want the TM irons in TW specs to experience what HE plays - X100, weaker lofts, etc - out of sheer curiosity more than anything.

What I'm going to end up with seems to be a bit of a guess at the moment - I really wish I could get my hands on the actual order sheet so I KNOW what I'm getting, other than a set of irons made in China - while I can appreciate that Chinese forgings (not to be confused with forgeries) are much better than they were before, the appeal of the Japanese work ethic and attention to detail is hard to beat...

Srixon Z785 w/ PX 6.0 HZRDUS yellow (S) shaft
Srizon F65 3w (15*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
Srixon Z U85 20* driving iron
Taylormade P7TW irons (3-PW) in S400 tour issue shafts
Taylormade Hi Toe 54 and 58 wedges
Bettinardi Studio Stock 8 putter

> @denvergolf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > So. After some calls , hand wringing etc. it looks like nobody is getting a set if it includes x100 shafts , cord grips or a 3 iron until mid June. And they willl not amend an order.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I had a plan and a backup plan to get a set and both have fallen through. Unless I wait till mid June.

> > > >

> > > > One set which was the backup was/is a store stock set allocated to a green grass pro shop that’s been in same location since the 70s. A shop that’s had a TM account since literally day one. This set was ordered almost 4 weeks ago. And is now back ordered until June 13th.

> > > >

> > > > Now how do we explain this ? The only explanation is that there aren’t more than 20 sets of these currently in existence. That or some genius thought nobody would order the 3 iron. Either for wall hanger or play. Who doesn’t order the whole set of these ????? But I don’t buy that being the case. Otherwise why not amend the order. Ship the 4-Pw now and then the 3 when it comes in ? Answer. They don’t have any to ship. Two days till release date and they are backordered a month and a half. And yet only 3 sets have arrived to members here. Which has to make up 2/3 of the total sales of these. Hmmmm. Somethings kind of fishy.

> > >

> > > I didn’t order the 3 iron, as there is 0 chance I’m putting it in play. It’s either the udi 2 iron or a hybrid. With that said, it sounds like if they were cord grips or x100 it’s still the same issue, correct?

> > >

> >

> >

> > Yes grips and x100 are also issues. But I asked couldn’t they build them 4-pw and any shaft they have in stock plus any grip they have . I’d just reshaft them and wait for 3 iron. Absolutely not we where told. And I have no idea why.

>

> I literally just got a notice from TM that mine shipped today. 4-W, Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord, X100 tour issue

Yep. I’m guessing they have no 3 iron heads at all. And enough 4-Pw to fill the first preorders for 4-pw. But not enough to fill the 3-pw orders minus he 3 irons. Otherwise they’d let us change the order to 4-Pw.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"TaylorMade Golf" said:

> Sold out. #15

> ktlht7631obz.jpg

>

I guess this wasn’t a lie after all. But a truth that wasn’t meant to be said out loud judging by the “ i was just kidding “ retraction. #wordgames.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @amaru said:

> How anybody can hit a ball with those is beyond me. Hit a ball as in damage the club, not ability to hit a ball, I mean.

>

> They are so pretty.

All that flat, shiny chrome is just a blank canvas for some incredible bag chatter in a few years. They'll age very nicely.

TaylorMade TP5x (2024)

My WITB Post