Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @BirdieBob said:

> > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > When people ordered the Tiger specs did they ask for Tiger’s bounces. Obviously bending these to Tiger’s lofts aren’t going to produce Tiger’s bounces. I seriously doubt they are going to mill grind the soles to his correct bounces.

> > Funny you mention this....I got some pretty cool info last night on the bent vs built debate from this thread. I heard from a VERY TRUSTWORTHY source (a guy who has been featured on the front page of this website and has built/engineered golf clubs...) that Tiger DOES actually BEND them from their built state BECAUSE he likes how they look and perform AFTER being bent to his specs (Tiger lofts/specs). By bending them from the original state to Tiger lofts/specs, it takes out the offset and changes the bounce....two things he likes.....

> > I am sure people will argue against this, but, I take this guys word as the gospel when it comes to golf gear. In addition to being feature on this site, he's been on the Golf Channel......he's super kind and honest guy and knows more about Tiger's specs than anyone I've ever met.....

> > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. **And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).**

> >

>

> So....The retail specs are not to Tigers specs for bounce and offset! One must have them bent to get what Tiger is playing in bounce/offset, according to what you say.

> So.... What bounce and offset are the retail specs set to if not Tigers? TM seemed to think they ARE built at Tigers specs!

>

>

>

I would take it with a grain of salt.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

> @"Classic 59" said:

> I am a realist and understand that I am not getting the exact same irons as TW. However, 2K is a little high for forgings made in China and clubs assembled in Mexico. (IMOP)

>

> Have a set on order and a little disappointed about the limited edition, not limited edition thing as well.

>

Is there any confirmation these are forged in China just curious

> @ponce9 said:

> > @"Classic 59" said:

> > I am a realist and understand that I am not getting the exact same irons as TW. However, 2K is a little high for forgings made in China and clubs assembled in Mexico. (IMOP)

> >

> > Have a set on order and a little disappointed about the limited edition, not limited edition thing as well.

> >

>

> Is there any confirmation these are forged in China just curious

There is a sticker on the iron that says so.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"Classic 59" said:

> > This video made my whole day.

> > [https://youtube.com/watch?v=666IMkyIiYE](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=666IMkyIiYE "https://youtube.com/watch?v=666IMkyIiYE")

>

> Now that did make me laugh. ALot like watching an orangutan play with a rifle. “ milled face “ “ made in America “ and “ get this blank out of here “.were the catch phrases I noticed inside a minute. Awesome !

Can't forget "I just hit it as hard as I F**** can"

Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
Byron Morgan 006 GSS

> @"Classic 59" said:

> > @ponce9 said:

> > > @"Classic 59" said:

> > > I am a realist and understand that I am not getting the exact same irons as TW. However, 2K is a little high for forgings made in China and clubs assembled in Mexico. (IMOP)

> > >

> > > Have a set on order and a little disappointed about the limited edition, not limited edition thing as well.

> > >

> >

> > Is there any confirmation these are forged in China just curious

> There is a sticker on the iron that says so.

Dang thats pretty lame!! Thanks for the info

> @BirdieBob said:

> > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > When people ordered the Tiger specs did they ask for Tiger’s bounces. Obviously bending these to Tiger’s lofts aren’t going to produce Tiger’s bounces. I seriously doubt they are going to mill grind the soles to his correct bounces.

> > Funny you mention this....I got some pretty cool info last night on the bent vs built debate from this thread. I heard from a VERY TRUSTWORTHY source (a guy who has been featured on the front page of this website and has built/engineered golf clubs...) that Tiger DOES actually BEND them from their built state BECAUSE he likes how they look and perform AFTER being bent to his specs (Tiger lofts/specs). By bending them from the original state to Tiger lofts/specs, it takes out the offset and changes the bounce....two things he likes.....

> > I am sure people will argue against this, but, I take this guys word as the gospel when it comes to golf gear. In addition to being feature on this site, he's been on the Golf Channel......he's super kind and honest guy and knows more about Tiger's specs than anyone I've ever met.....

> > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. **And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).**

> >

>

> So....The retail specs are not to Tigers specs for bounce and offset! One must have them bent to get what Tiger is playing in bounce/offset, according to what you say.

> So.... What bounce and offset are the retail specs set to if not Tigers? TM seemed to think they ARE built at Tigers specs!

>

>

>

Not sure on that, bud! But, yes, it's my understanding from a trusted source that..... one more have them bent to what Tiger plays (which TM does list on the order page).

> @mjbaker80 said:

> > @BirdieBob said:

> > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > > When people ordered the Tiger specs did they ask for Tiger’s bounces. Obviously bending these to Tiger’s lofts aren’t going to produce Tiger’s bounces. I seriously doubt they are going to mill grind the soles to his correct bounces.

> > > Funny you mention this....I got some pretty cool info last night on the bent vs built debate from this thread. I heard from a VERY TRUSTWORTHY source (a guy who has been featured on the front page of this website and has built/engineered golf clubs...) that Tiger DOES actually BEND them from their built state BECAUSE he likes how they look and perform AFTER being bent to his specs (Tiger lofts/specs). By bending them from the original state to Tiger lofts/specs, it takes out the offset and changes the bounce....two things he likes.....

> > > I am sure people will argue against this, but, I take this guys word as the gospel when it comes to golf gear. In addition to being feature on this site, he's been on the Golf Channel......he's super kind and honest guy and knows more about Tiger's specs than anyone I've ever met.....

> > > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. **And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).**

> > >

> >

> > So....The retail specs are not to Tigers specs for bounce and offset! One must have them bent to get what Tiger is playing in bounce/offset, according to what you say.

> > So.... What bounce and offset are the retail specs set to if not Tigers? TM seemed to think they ARE built at Tigers specs!

> >

> >

> >

>

> Not sure on that, bud! But, yes, it's my understanding from a trusted source that..... one more have them bent to what Tiger plays (which TM does list on the order page).

Someone actually sold you on the fact Tiger's irons AREN'T built to his specs (including the Milled Grind) they're actually forged and ground so that they have to be bent to be correct? Hahahaha that must be one heck of a salesman.

> @mjbaker80 said:

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > When people ordered the Tiger specs did they ask for Tiger’s bounces. Obviously bending these to Tiger’s lofts aren’t going to produce Tiger’s bounces. I seriously doubt they are going to mill grind the soles to his correct bounces.

> Funny you mention this....I got some pretty cool info last night on the bent vs built debate from this thread. I heard from a VERY TRUSTWORTHY source (a guy who has been featured on the front page of this website and has built/engineered golf clubs...) that Tiger DOES actually BEND them from their built state BECAUSE he likes how they look and perform AFTER being bent to his specs (Tiger lofts/specs). By bending them from the original state to Tiger lofts/specs, it takes out the offset and changes the bounce....two things he likes.....

> I am sure people will argue against this, but, I take this guys word as the gospel when it comes to golf gear. In addition to being feature on this site, he's been on the Golf Channel......he's super kind and honest guy and knows more about Tiger's specs than anyone I've ever met.....

> So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).

>

I don’t understand being bent from their built state. Surely they could replicate that look and spec as the starting build state. At this point in 2+ years of development I sure hope Tiger doesn’t have to bend every set of irons from their original built state to produce a look he likes. That makes it sound like the starting “built state” isn’t the loft or offset or bounce he likes..kind of puzzling. If that is the case it would be impossible to ever order a true Tiger spec as he would have eyeball each one as representative of his gamers..

Many companies in the past (like Ping), had fixtures and jigs to press the offset out without impacting lofts and bounces as much as bending the offset out

> @Pinging77 said:

> > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > @Pinging77 said:

> > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).

> >

> I don’t understand being bent from their built state. Surely they could replicate that look and spec as the starting build state. At this point in 2+ years of development I sure hope Tiger doesn’t have to bend every set of irons from their original built state to produce a look he likes. That makes it sound like the starting “built state” isn’t the loft or offset or bounce he likes..kind of puzzling. If that is the case it would be impossible to ever order a true Tiger spec as he would have eyeball each one as representative of his gamers..

>

> Many companies in the past (like Ping), had fixtures and jigs to press the offset out without impacting lofts and bounces as much as bending the offset out

>

I think what this means is that when these sets are bent weak, they match Tiger’s specs regarding loft and offset (edit: and bounce).

These irons have a small amount of offset. when you bend irons weaker they gain bounce and loft, but they also lose offset as well.

> @ponce9 said:

> > @"Classic 59" said:

> > > @ponce9 said:

> > > > @"Classic 59" said:

> > > > I am a realist and understand that I am not getting the exact same irons as TW. However, 2K is a little high for forgings made in China and clubs assembled in Mexico. (IMOP)

> > > >

> > > > Have a set on order and a little disappointed about the limited edition, not limited edition thing as well.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Is there any confirmation these are forged in China just curious

> > There is a sticker on the iron that says so.

> Dang thats pretty lame!! Thanks for the info

>

Must be pot metal junk.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @jll62 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @Ziggy5599 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter not sure what to tell ya there. Not sure if the guy I ordered through was allowed 2 sets I was his 2nd order that he placed and told me his TM rep told him not to sell anymore

> > > > >

> > > > > Yea. I’ve accused TM of tracking IP addresses before. Wouldn’t shock me to know that my order got black balled . That and I did mention the retailer a few pages back. Wouldn’t take a super sleuth to identify the order. Lol. If they can get cell numbers to sick attorneys on members here For posting m4 pics then it’s plausible. Anyway. See above edit. Just not meant to be. You guys enjoy and hit them well.

> > > >

> > > > Come on. You're going to pass this up? ;)

> > > > 7cbdth3h7vn0.jpeg

> > > > sa1y5m5h6wfr.jpeg

> > > >

> > >

> > > Lol. Yep. Nice try. And it does look good. But it’s just not supposed to be this difficult to spend $2k.

> >

> > Patience grasshopper:)

>

> Not about the wait. It’s about the misleading , misinfo laden release. I remember being called out at the onset of this thread for griping because my questions were ignored here by TM. Seems like I was correct to be put off . Nobody has called to let anyone know why some of these irons are 2 months back ordered. We’ve all had to call and badger to get any info. If you build a set on the custom shop now it says earliest ship date 7-12. That’s 2 months out. From date of release they can’t ship sooner than 2 months ? This isn’t a bespoke iron. It’s an OTR release. And it’s pretty pitiful. I’d love t know the truth as to how many sets they had on hand when they started announcing sleeps. ID bet it was less than 250. And I’d love to believe that my order was just outside that first number and that’s bad luck. But the evidence says no. A poster above orders the 20th and gets them yesterday. My order for the same shaft and 3-pw went in the 8th ( or 9th depending on how they route orders from phone call to in line ). There’s some mishandling , rep politics , favoritisms or something at work.

>

> Bright side is that some other oems are reading this thread. And taking note as to what not to do when releasing an item that has been hyped for months.

I’m sure you will get them eventually:)

For those worried about playability due to the added bounce, I wouldn’t worry about it. From experience as a higher swing speed player with a shallower angle of attack, I’ve played VR Pro blades for years with no loss in playability bending my irons weak 2-3* from stock lofts.

However, those worried about losing distance due to the weaker lofts, that should be a given. You should expect to lose some distance.

> @bambam said:

> However, those worried about losing distance due to the weaker lofts, that should be a given. You should expect to lose some distance.

Never understood the concern with this. Just call your 8 iron a 9 iron if it bothers you. It’s just a number.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

> @Ty_Webb said:

> > @bambam said:

> > However, those worried about losing distance due to the weaker lofts, that should be a given. You should expect to lose some distance.

>

> Never understood the concern with this. Just call your 8 iron a 9 iron if it bothers you. It’s just a number.

Because Tiger calls it an 8 iron ?

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > > > When people ordered the Tiger specs did they ask for Tiger’s bounces. Obviously bending these to Tiger’s lofts aren’t going to produce Tiger’s bounces. I seriously doubt they are going to mill grind the soles to his correct bounces.

> > > > Funny you mention this....I got some pretty cool info last night on the bent vs built debate from this thread. I heard from a VERY TRUSTWORTHY source (a guy who has been featured on the front page of this website and has built/engineered golf clubs...) that Tiger DOES actually BEND them from their built state BECAUSE he likes how they look and perform AFTER being bent to his specs (Tiger lofts/specs). By bending them from the original state to Tiger lofts/specs, it takes out the offset and changes the bounce....two things he likes.....

> > > > I am sure people will argue against this, but, I take this guys word as the gospel when it comes to golf gear. In addition to being feature on this site, he's been on the Golf Channel......he's super kind and honest guy and knows more about Tiger's specs than anyone I've ever met.....

> > > > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. **And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).**

> > > >

> > >

> > > So....The retail specs are not to Tigers specs for bounce and offset! One must have them bent to get what Tiger is playing in bounce/offset, according to what you say.

> > > So.... What bounce and offset are the retail specs set to if not Tigers? TM seemed to think they ARE built at Tigers specs!

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Not sure on that, bud! But, yes, it's my understanding from a trusted source that..... one more have them bent to what Tiger plays (which TM does list on the order page).

>

> Someone actually sold you on the fact Tiger's irons AREN'T built to his specs (including the Milled Grind) they're actually forged and ground so that they have to be bent to be correct? Hahahaha that must be one heck of a salesman.

Thanks for the lovely and ignorant comment. Gotta love the positivity...

.....perhaps you don't understand. The clubs AS BUILT are bent SO THAT they fit his specs and HE PREFERS THAT. If you understand the bending of irons, you understand that bending them effects both bounce and hosel positioning. There are 100s of PGA pros that bend their WEDGES SO THAT BOUNCE IS increased/decreased. According to my source (the salesman, which, sorry to report has never sold me anything....), Tiger LIKES HOW THEY LOOK AFTER they are bent to his spec. In fact, I do this with Vokeys... I was actually fit into a BENT wedge of a certain loft and grind because it FIT ME BETTER when bent bc it has less bounce that way.....

Why this is hard for you to grasp (or beleive), I'm entirely unsure. One thing I am quite sure of, however, is that you are one heck of a troll. So, good job with that....

Lastly, maybe you could help me gather up all the bent wedges on tour (and drivers that are not set to STANDARD on their adapter) so that we can send them back to the OEM to be rebuilt....I mean, why would a TOUR player ever want their clubs adjusted or have to settle for that?! CRAZY TALK!............

Sigh.....

> @Pinging77 said:

> > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > @Pinging77 said:

> > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).

> >

> I don’t understand being bent from their built state. Surely they could replicate that look and spec as the starting build state. At this point in 2+ years of development I sure hope Tiger doesn’t have to bend every set of irons from their original built state to produce a look he likes. That makes it sound like the starting “built state” isn’t the loft or offset or bounce he likes..kind of puzzling. If that is the case it would be impossible to ever order a true Tiger spec as he would have eyeball each one as representative of his gamers..

>

> Many companies in the past (like Ping), had fixtures and jigs to press the offset out without impacting lofts and bounces as much as bending the offset out

>

I actually completely agree with you that it's super odd! But, as a I said, my source said he's always done this!

> @bambam said:

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > > When people ordered the Tiger specs did they ask for Tiger’s bounces. Obviously bending these to Tiger’s lofts aren’t going to produce Tiger’s bounces. I seriously doubt they are going to mill grind the soles to his correct bounces.

> > > Funny you mention this....I got some pretty cool info last night on the bent vs built debate from this thread. I heard from a VERY TRUSTWORTHY source (a guy who has been featured on the front page of this website and has built/engineered golf clubs...) that Tiger DOES actually BEND them from their built state BECAUSE he likes how they look and perform AFTER being bent to his specs (Tiger lofts/specs). By bending them from the original state to Tiger lofts/specs, it takes out the offset and changes the bounce....two things he likes.....

> > > I am sure people will argue against this, but, I take this guys word as the gospel when it comes to golf gear. In addition to being feature on this site, he's been on the Golf Channel......he's super kind and honest guy and knows more about Tiger's specs than anyone I've ever met.....

> > > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).

> > >

> > I don’t understand being bent from their built state. Surely they could replicate that look and spec as the starting build state. At this point in 2+ years of development I sure hope Tiger doesn’t have to bend every set of irons from their original built state to produce a look he likes. That makes it sound like the starting “built state” isn’t the loft or offset or bounce he likes..kind of puzzling. If that is the case it would be impossible to ever order a true Tiger spec as he would have eyeball each one as representative of his gamers..

> >

> > Many companies in the past (like Ping), had fixtures and jigs to press the offset out without impacting lofts and bounces as much as bending the offset out

> >

>

> I think what this means is that when these sets are bent weak, they match Tiger’s specs regarding loft and offset (edit: and bounce).

>

> These irons have a small amount of offset. when you bend irons weaker they gain bounce and loft, but they also lose offset as well.

BINGO. DEAD ON summary of my overly wordy nonsense! Thank you! :)

> @mjbaker80 said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > > > > When people ordered the Tiger specs did they ask for Tiger’s bounces. Obviously bending these to Tiger’s lofts aren’t going to produce Tiger’s bounces. I seriously doubt they are going to mill grind the soles to his correct bounces.

> > > > > Funny you mention this....I got some pretty cool info last night on the bent vs built debate from this thread. I heard from a VERY TRUSTWORTHY source (a guy who has been featured on the front page of this website and has built/engineered golf clubs...) that Tiger DOES actually BEND them from their built state BECAUSE he likes how they look and perform AFTER being bent to his specs (Tiger lofts/specs). By bending them from the original state to Tiger lofts/specs, it takes out the offset and changes the bounce....two things he likes.....

> > > > > I am sure people will argue against this, but, I take this guys word as the gospel when it comes to golf gear. In addition to being feature on this site, he's been on the Golf Channel......he's super kind and honest guy and knows more about Tiger's specs than anyone I've ever met.....

> > > > > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. **And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).**

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > So....The retail specs are not to Tigers specs for bounce and offset! One must have them bent to get what Tiger is playing in bounce/offset, according to what you say.

> > > > So.... What bounce and offset are the retail specs set to if not Tigers? TM seemed to think they ARE built at Tigers specs!

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Not sure on that, bud! But, yes, it's my understanding from a trusted source that..... one more have them bent to what Tiger plays (which TM does list on the order page).

> >

> > Someone actually sold you on the fact Tiger's irons AREN'T built to his specs (including the Milled Grind) they're actually forged and ground so that they have to be bent to be correct? Hahahaha that must be one heck of a salesman.

>

> Thanks for the lovely and ignorant comment. Gotta love the positivity...

>

> .....perhaps you don't understand. The clubs AS BUILT are bent SO THAT they fit his specs and HE PREFERS THAT. If you understand the bending of irons, you understand that bending them effects both bounce and hosel positioning. There are 100s of PGA pros that bend their WEDGES SO THAT BOUNCE IS increased/decreased. According to my source (the salesman, which, sorry to report has never sold me anything....), Tiger LIKES HOW THEY LOOK AFTER they are bent to his spec. In fact, I do this with Vokeys... I was actually fit into a BENT wedge of a certain loft and grind because it FIT ME BETTER when bent bc it has less bounce that way.....

> Why this is hard for you to grasp (or beleive), I'm entirely unsure. One thing I am quite sure of, however, is that you are one heck of a troll. So, good job with that....

> Lastly, maybe you could help me gather up all the bent wedges on tour (and drivers that are not set to STANDARD on their adapter) so that we can send them back to the OEM to be rebuilt....I mean, why would a TOUR player ever want their clubs adjusted or have to settle for that?! CRAZY TALK!............

> Sigh.....

These clubs are designed for Tiger, it's not like they're taking the 730's and bending the general shape to his preference. THIS IS HIS DESIGN. WHY WOULDN"T THEY DESIGN THEM WITH HIS DESIRED OFFSET AND BOUNCE AT THE FORGING STAGE OF THIS DESIGN PROCESS??? If this was an off the rack design your concept would be valid, but these are BUILT FOR TIGER FROM SCRATCH. These aren't Vokeys, these aren't 730's, these are TW own iron line built for him from "scratch"!!!!!! Think about it!! These should reflect his final specs all the way from the Inventor or Solidworks renderings! I understand what you're talking about modifying the look/bounce with bending, but that's not how you manufacture something like this! You do that to accommodate people and their preferences after the design is done!

> @bambam said:

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).

> > >

> > I don’t understand being bent from their built state. Surely they could replicate that look and spec as the starting build state. At this point in 2+ years of development I sure hope Tiger doesn’t have to bend every set of irons from their original built state to produce a look he likes. That makes it sound like the starting “built state” isn’t the loft or offset or bounce he likes..kind of puzzling. If that is the case it would be impossible to ever order a true Tiger spec as he would have eyeball each one as representative of his gamers..

> >

> > Many companies in the past (like Ping), had fixtures and jigs to press the offset out without impacting lofts and bounces as much as bending the offset out

> >

>

> I think what this means is that when these sets are bent weak, they match Tiger’s specs regarding loft and offset (edit: and bounce).

>

> These irons have a small amount of offset. when you bend irons weaker they gain bounce and loft, but they also lose offset as well.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18887692#Comment_18887692

I already asked TM about how the TW Specs listed at TM are built.....yes they are bent....BUT whether they are at TW spec for bounce/offset after being bent was the question as TM suggested the retail specs for bounce/offset were TW specs. Bending them would then change that.

We now see from the above remarks that the bending does produce the TW specs for loft/lie/bounce/offset, which means that the retail are not at TW specs.

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > > > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > > > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > > > > > When people ordered the Tiger specs did they ask for Tiger’s bounces. Obviously bending these to Tiger’s lofts aren’t going to produce Tiger’s bounces. I seriously doubt they are going to mill grind the soles to his correct bounces.

> > > > > > Funny you mention this....I got some pretty cool info last night on the bent vs built debate from this thread. I heard from a VERY TRUSTWORTHY source (a guy who has been featured on the front page of this website and has built/engineered golf clubs...) that Tiger DOES actually BEND them from their built state BECAUSE he likes how they look and perform AFTER being bent to his specs (Tiger lofts/specs). By bending them from the original state to Tiger lofts/specs, it takes out the offset and changes the bounce....two things he likes.....

> > > > > > I am sure people will argue against this, but, I take this guys word as the gospel when it comes to golf gear. In addition to being feature on this site, he's been on the Golf Channel......he's super kind and honest guy and knows more about Tiger's specs than anyone I've ever met.....

> > > > > > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. **And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).**

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So....The retail specs are not to Tigers specs for bounce and offset! One must have them bent to get what Tiger is playing in bounce/offset, according to what you say.

> > > > > So.... What bounce and offset are the retail specs set to if not Tigers? TM seemed to think they ARE built at Tigers specs!

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Not sure on that, bud! But, yes, it's my understanding from a trusted source that..... one more have them bent to what Tiger plays (which TM does list on the order page).

> > >

> > > Someone actually sold you on the fact Tiger's irons AREN'T built to his specs (including the Milled Grind) they're actually forged and ground so that they have to be bent to be correct? Hahahaha that must be one heck of a salesman.

> >

> > Thanks for the lovely and ignorant comment. Gotta love the positivity...

> >

> > .....perhaps you don't understand. The clubs AS BUILT are bent SO THAT they fit his specs and HE PREFERS THAT. If you understand the bending of irons, you understand that bending them effects both bounce and hosel positioning. There are 100s of PGA pros that bend their WEDGES SO THAT BOUNCE IS increased/decreased. According to my source (the salesman, which, sorry to report has never sold me anything....), Tiger LIKES HOW THEY LOOK AFTER they are bent to his spec. In fact, I do this with Vokeys... I was actually fit into a BENT wedge of a certain loft and grind because it FIT ME BETTER when bent bc it has less bounce that way.....

> > Why this is hard for you to grasp (or beleive), I'm entirely unsure. One thing I am quite sure of, however, is that you are one heck of a troll. So, good job with that....

> > Lastly, maybe you could help me gather up all the bent wedges on tour (and drivers that are not set to STANDARD on their adapter) so that we can send them back to the OEM to be rebuilt....I mean, why would a TOUR player ever want their clubs adjusted or have to settle for that?! CRAZY TALK!............

> > Sigh.....

>

> These clubs are designed for Tiger, it's not like they're taking the 730's and bending the general shape to his preference. THIS IS HIS DESIGN. WHY WOULDN"T THEY DESIGN THEM WITH HIS DESIRED OFFSET AND BOUNCE AT THE FORGING STAGE OF THIS DESIGN PROCESS??? If this was an off the rack design your concept would be valid, but these are BUILT FOR TIGER FROM SCRATCH. These aren't Vokeys, these aren't 730's, these are TW own iron line built for him from "scratch"!!!!!! Think about it!! These should reflect his final specs all the way from the Inventor or Solidworks renderings! I understand what you're talking about modifying the look/bounce with bending, but that's not how you manufacture something like this! You do that to accommodate people and their preferences after the design is done!

Tiger isn’t above bending his clubs to suit him better even though his clubs are made to his spec. He would often add or take off loft on his woods by bending them. I’ve heard him say ‘This one is a little hot, might need to and a degree or half a degree to this one’ about his woods. There’s video evidence of this as well. You can find him saying this in his clinic when he was testing Vapor Pro woods (the blue ones).

Back when Tiger was with Titleist and could have had any wedge built to his spec (and did), you know what he did for his SW? He took a 258.08 head and bent it to 56* with 6* loft.

My takeaway is still that (edit: MJBaker’s source, in different words than what I wrote before, means the clubs are made to Tiger’s spec, but they’re bent down to appease most golfers who are used to today’s stronger lofts and are the listed retail specs.) Bend them back to Tiger lofts, and they’ll match Tiger’s spec in terms of loft, offset and bounce.

Either way, I think they’ll look better bent weak to my eye because it’ll lessen the amount of offset they already have and won’t look much different than my VR Pro Blades that are also bent weak.

> @bambam said:

> > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > > > > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > > > > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > > > > > > When people ordered the Tiger specs did they ask for Tiger’s bounces. Obviously bending these to Tiger’s lofts aren’t going to produce Tiger’s bounces. I seriously doubt they are going to mill grind the soles to his correct bounces.

> > > > > > > Funny you mention this....I got some pretty cool info last night on the bent vs built debate from this thread. I heard from a VERY TRUSTWORTHY source (a guy who has been featured on the front page of this website and has built/engineered golf clubs...) that Tiger DOES actually BEND them from their built state BECAUSE he likes how they look and perform AFTER being bent to his specs (Tiger lofts/specs). By bending them from the original state to Tiger lofts/specs, it takes out the offset and changes the bounce....two things he likes.....

> > > > > > > I am sure people will argue against this, but, I take this guys word as the gospel when it comes to golf gear. In addition to being feature on this site, he's been on the Golf Channel......he's super kind and honest guy and knows more about Tiger's specs than anyone I've ever met.....

> > > > > > > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. **And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).**

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So....The retail specs are not to Tigers specs for bounce and offset! One must have them bent to get what Tiger is playing in bounce/offset, according to what you say.

> > > > > > So.... What bounce and offset are the retail specs set to if not Tigers? TM seemed to think they ARE built at Tigers specs!

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Not sure on that, bud! But, yes, it's my understanding from a trusted source that..... one more have them bent to what Tiger plays (which TM does list on the order page).

> > > >

> > > > Someone actually sold you on the fact Tiger's irons AREN'T built to his specs (including the Milled Grind) they're actually forged and ground so that they have to be bent to be correct? Hahahaha that must be one heck of a salesman.

> > >

> > > Thanks for the lovely and ignorant comment. Gotta love the positivity...

> > >

> > > .....perhaps you don't understand. The clubs AS BUILT are bent SO THAT they fit his specs and HE PREFERS THAT. If you understand the bending of irons, you understand that bending them effects both bounce and hosel positioning. There are 100s of PGA pros that bend their WEDGES SO THAT BOUNCE IS increased/decreased. According to my source (the salesman, which, sorry to report has never sold me anything....), Tiger LIKES HOW THEY LOOK AFTER they are bent to his spec. In fact, I do this with Vokeys... I was actually fit into a BENT wedge of a certain loft and grind because it FIT ME BETTER when bent bc it has less bounce that way.....

> > > Why this is hard for you to grasp (or beleive), I'm entirely unsure. One thing I am quite sure of, however, is that you are one heck of a troll. So, good job with that....

> > > Lastly, maybe you could help me gather up all the bent wedges on tour (and drivers that are not set to STANDARD on their adapter) so that we can send them back to the OEM to be rebuilt....I mean, why would a TOUR player ever want their clubs adjusted or have to settle for that?! CRAZY TALK!............

> > > Sigh.....

> >

> > These clubs are designed for Tiger, it's not like they're taking the 730's and bending the general shape to his preference. THIS IS HIS DESIGN. WHY WOULDN"T THEY DESIGN THEM WITH HIS DESIRED OFFSET AND BOUNCE AT THE FORGING STAGE OF THIS DESIGN PROCESS??? If this was an off the rack design your concept would be valid, but these are BUILT FOR TIGER FROM SCRATCH. These aren't Vokeys, these aren't 730's, these are TW own iron line built for him from "scratch"!!!!!! Think about it!! These should reflect his final specs all the way from the Inventor or Solidworks renderings! I understand what you're talking about modifying the look/bounce with bending, but that's not how you manufacture something like this! You do that to accommodate people and their preferences after the design is done!

>

> Tiger isn’t above bending his clubs to suit him better even though his clubs are made to his spec. He would often add or take off loft on his woods by bending them. I’ve heard him say ‘This one is a little hot, might need to and a degree or half a degree to this one’ about his woods. There’s video evidence of this as well. You can find him saying this in his clinic when he was testing Vapor Pro woods (the blue ones).

>

> Back when Tiger was with Titleist and could have had any wedge built to his spec (and did), you know what he did for his SW? He took a 258.08 head and bent it to 56* with 6* loft.

>

> My takeaway is still that (edit: MJBaker’s source, in different words than what I wrote before, **means the clubs are made to Tiger’s spec, but they’re bent down to appease most golfers who are used to today’s stronger lofts and are the listed retail specs.) Bend them back to Tiger lofts, and they’ll match Tiger’s spec in terms of loft, offset and bounce.**

>

> Either way, I think they’ll look better bent weak to my eye because it’ll lessen the amount of offset they already have and won’t look much different than my VR Pro Blades that are also bent weak.

From my conversation with TM as stated above post about this, the irons are all made to retail specs, ie loft/lie...not TW's.

To get TW specs they are bent from the retail irons.

There is only one club made the retail version.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/comment/18887692#Comment_18887692

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

What I used to see when I built clubs was bending 2 degrees weaker gave about 2 degrees more bounce and slightly over 1 mm less offset although relying on machines in those days the 1 mm was often not repeatable when remeasured. This was mostly with forged muscle backs. Things like ping irons pre notch were a bugger (especially BeCu and BeNi) even with heat they seemed to have a memory and would partially return to the original specs. Keep adjusting the Be models and suddenly you had 2 pieces...Ping had fixtures to press offset out of many of their irons and not impact loft or bounce. But when they started plating the S series they wouldn’t do it anymore as the plate would crack..

> @denvergolf said:

> This thread has reached full women's sewing circle stage...

It’s been that since the “ we’re sold out “ announcement and subsequent “ just kidding folks “ retraction .

Reminds me of the time Jo-Ann’s fabrics released those organic free range alpaca spools of yarn. Only in 4 colors. Butterscotch , honey dew , magenta and lilac. Well. As you can imagine they crashed the website , and sold 237 units more than they had in stock. It was pure pandemonium. Martha Spencer still to this day has never got to make her grand daughter that rainbow blanket. And she’s now 14. Way past needing a blankey for cartoon viewing.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > @"DFS PFD" said:

> > > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > > > > @mjbaker80 said:

> > > > > > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > > > > > When people ordered the Tiger specs did they ask for Tiger’s bounces. Obviously bending these to Tiger’s lofts aren’t going to produce Tiger’s bounces. I seriously doubt they are going to mill grind the soles to his correct bounces.

> > > > > > Funny you mention this....I got some pretty cool info last night on the bent vs built debate from this thread. I heard from a VERY TRUSTWORTHY source (a guy who has been featured on the front page of this website and has built/engineered golf clubs...) that Tiger DOES actually BEND them from their built state BECAUSE he likes how they look and perform AFTER being bent to his specs (Tiger lofts/specs). By bending them from the original state to Tiger lofts/specs, it takes out the offset and changes the bounce....two things he likes.....

> > > > > > I am sure people will argue against this, but, I take this guys word as the gospel when it comes to golf gear. In addition to being feature on this site, he's been on the Golf Channel......he's super kind and honest guy and knows more about Tiger's specs than anyone I've ever met.....

> > > > > > So at least for now, this puts the BEND vs BUILT debate to rest for me.... I believe that he DOES have them bent. **And, if you have these ordered/bent to Tiger lofts, they'll essnetially mirror his (minus the minor metal difference that was discussed above).**

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So....The retail specs are not to Tigers specs for bounce and offset! One must have them bent to get what Tiger is playing in bounce/offset, according to what you say.

> > > > > So.... What bounce and offset are the retail specs set to if not Tigers? TM seemed to think they ARE built at Tigers specs!

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Not sure on that, bud! But, yes, it's my understanding from a trusted source that..... one more have them bent to what Tiger plays (which TM does list on the order page).

> > >

> > > Someone actually sold you on the fact Tiger's irons AREN'T built to his specs (including the Milled Grind) they're actually forged and ground so that they have to be bent to be correct? Hahahaha that must be one heck of a salesman.

> >

> > Thanks for the lovely and ignorant comment. Gotta love the positivity...

> >

> > .....perhaps you don't understand. The clubs AS BUILT are bent SO THAT they fit his specs and HE PREFERS THAT. If you understand the bending of irons, you understand that bending them effects both bounce and hosel positioning. There are 100s of PGA pros that bend their WEDGES SO THAT BOUNCE IS increased/decreased. According to my source (the salesman, which, sorry to report has never sold me anything....), Tiger LIKES HOW THEY LOOK AFTER they are bent to his spec. In fact, I do this with Vokeys... I was actually fit into a BENT wedge of a certain loft and grind because it FIT ME BETTER when bent bc it has less bounce that way.....

> > Why this is hard for you to grasp (or beleive), I'm entirely unsure. One thing I am quite sure of, however, is that you are one heck of a troll. So, good job with that....

> > Lastly, maybe you could help me gather up all the bent wedges on tour (and drivers that are not set to STANDARD on their adapter) so that we can send them back to the OEM to be rebuilt....I mean, why would a TOUR player ever want their clubs adjusted or have to settle for that?! CRAZY TALK!............

> > Sigh.....

>

> These clubs are designed for Tiger, it's not like they're taking the 730's and bending the general shape to his preference. THIS IS HIS DESIGN. WHY WOULDN"T THEY DESIGN THEM WITH HIS DESIRED OFFSET AND BOUNCE AT THE FORGING STAGE OF THIS DESIGN PROCESS??? If this was an off the rack design your concept would be valid, but these are BUILT FOR TIGER FROM SCRATCH. These aren't Vokeys, these aren't 730's, these are TW own iron line built for him from "scratch"!!!!!! Think about it!! These should reflect his final specs all the way from the Inventor or Solidworks renderings! I understand what you're talking about modifying the look/bounce with bending, but that's not how you manufacture something like this! You do that to accommodate people and their preferences after the design is done!

I appreciate the much more mature tone of your second response..... did I ever said I knew WHY? No. I said I had information (from a very knowledgeable source) that this is what Tiger prefers. I completely agree that it's odd, counterintuitive and strange. And, as subsequent posters observed, it changes the hosel and bounce. Why they aren't simply BUILT this way, well, you'd have to ask Tiger or Mr. Taylor.

All I said is that I have heard, from a person I trust unequivocally, is that Tiger likes to do it this way.... why that makes my source a "salesman" or warrants a brash reply post, I'm not sure.....

> @bladehunter said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > This thread has reached full women's sewing circle stage...

>

> It’s been that since the “ we’re sold out “ announcement and subsequent “ just kidding folks “ retraction .

>

> Reminds me of the time Jo-Ann’s fabrics released those organic free range alpaca spools of yarn. Only in 4 colors. Butterscotch , honey dew , magenta and lilac. Well. As you can imagine they crashed the website , and sold 237 units more than they had in stock. It was pure pandemonium. Martha Spencer still to this day has never got to make her grand daughter that rainbow blanket. And she’s now 14. Way past needing a blankey for cartoon viewing.

Love me some alpaca yarn. Ive sewn some mean headcovers with the lot I was able to grab.