Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> Why are there people that think it's completely absurd that Tiger would bend his irons weaker instead of having an entire manufacturing process dedicated to making them that way?

>

> It's like people just refuse to even entertain the notion that maybe, just maybe, things are actually pretty normal when it comes to making Tiger's equipment...

We talking about the same guy who senses a 0.5g difference in headweight?

Time after time it’s been shown his equip isn’t run of the mill in any way. So we can’t apply your ‘pretty normal’ logic going forward. I don’t think his building process is ‘normal’ as compared to their other players.

> @BearQ said:

> > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > Why are there people that think it's completely absurd that Tiger would bend his irons weaker instead of having an entire manufacturing process dedicated to making them that way?

> >

> > It's like people just refuse to even entertain the notion that maybe, just maybe, things are actually pretty normal when it comes to making Tiger's equipment...

>

> We talking about the same guy who senses a 0.5g difference in headweight?

>

> Time after time it’s been shown his equip isn’t run of the mill in any way. So we can’t apply your ‘pretty normal’ logic going forward. I don’t think his building process is ‘normal’ as compared to their other players.

>

>

>

>

But what if part of the "normal" process of making Tiger's irons is bending a 47* PW 2* weak to 49*? My point was not to say Tiger's irons are exactly the same as what the consumer gets (or even other Tour Pro's get). However, I don't think it's a stretch to think that he gets his irons forged and then the final step is bending them weak to his exacting loft specifications. Especially if he prefers the look of reduced offset and higher bounce, both of which are achieved by bending irons weaker.

I just find it humerous the people that think there's just no way Tiger would get his irons bent, lol. I remember reading something from Tiger (way back) that he used to play 6* of bounce in both his wedges, so he used to have a Vokey 58* and 60* and bent the 58* stronger to achieve the lower bounce...

• Like 1

> @denvergolf said:

> Tw and 730 pw for those who wondered.

> krgtblsgjhoj.jpeg

>

WOW! I think that P7TW looks so much better... can you post some more comparisons like this with maybe an 8iron and 4iron?

Also, I personally think every OEM needs to put more grooves on their irons. They always look so much better like that! 18 vs. 15 grooves.

It is true he played the same 58 model with one bent to 56 and one to 60

It’s possible if gets them bent weak but I’ve never heard him say it. With all the intel he and TM leaking lately, why not mention that he bends them too.

However I get your premise and can’t say it’s impossible. TM just released a video of him showing how they used to slam and bend clubs back in the day to get to spec hahaha. A lot has changed look at us all brawling over the nitty gritty now :)

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > Why are there people that think it's completely absurd that Tiger would bend his irons weaker instead of having an entire manufacturing process dedicated to making them that way?

> > >

> > > It's like people just refuse to even entertain the notion that maybe, just maybe, things are actually pretty normal when it comes to making Tiger's equipment...

> >

> > We talking about the same guy who senses a 0.5g difference in headweight?

> >

> > Time after time it’s been shown his equip isn’t run of the mill in any way. So we can’t apply your ‘pretty normal’ logic going forward. I don’t think his building process is ‘normal’ as compared to their other players.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> But what if part of the "normal" process of making Tiger's irons is bending a 47* PW 2* weak to 49*? My point was not to say Tiger's irons are exactly the same as what the consumer gets (or even other Tour Pro's get). However, I don't think it's a stretch to think that he gets his irons forged and then the final step is bending them weak to his exacting loft specifications. Especially if he prefers the look of reduced offset and higher bounce, both of which are achieved by bending irons weaker.

>

>

> I just find it humerous the people that think there's just no way Tiger would get his irons bent, lol. I remember reading something from Tiger (way back) that he used to play 6* of bounce in both his wedges, so he used to have a Vokey 58* and 60* and bent the 58* stronger to achieve the lower bounce...

>

Do you not realize you can achieve that "lower offset" and "correct bounce" during the design phase? In manufacturing, you don't design something "close" to the final product and then manipulate it, that takes more time, more QC, and more people. These aren't Vokey wedges, are they? Aren't these irons, designed for, and by, Tiger Woods specially to his preferences? Maybe they just threw something random together with tungsten plugs and they bend and grind them until Tiger says," perfect", just like a stock Vokey wedge being bent to match his offset and bounce preference. It's very possible he does bend his irons, but only because TM's manufacturing or design process didn't get them spot on.

Edit: Unless these aren't built to his specs, and designed for retail specifically, and if he switches to these then when bent they will be correct, which is entirely possible.

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > Why are there people that think it's completely absurd that Tiger would bend his irons weaker instead of having an entire manufacturing process dedicated to making them that way?

> > >

> > > It's like people just refuse to even entertain the notion that maybe, just maybe, things are actually pretty normal when it comes to making Tiger's equipment...

> >

> > We talking about the same guy who senses a 0.5g difference in headweight?

> >

> > Time after time it’s been shown his equip isn’t run of the mill in any way. So we can’t apply your ‘pretty normal’ logic going forward. I don’t think his building process is ‘normal’ as compared to their other players.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> But what if part of the "normal" process of making Tiger's irons is bending a 47* PW 2* weak to 49*? My point was not to say Tiger's irons are exactly the same as what the consumer gets (or even other Tour Pro's get). However, I don't think it's a stretch to think that he gets his irons forged and then the final step is bending them weak to his exacting loft specifications. Especially if he prefers the look of reduced offset and higher bounce, both of which are achieved by bending irons weaker.

>

>

> I just find it humerous the people that think there's just no way Tiger would get his irons bent, lol. I remember reading something from Tiger (way back) that he used to play 6* of bounce in both his wedges, so he used to have a Vokey 58* and 60* and bent the 58* stronger to achieve the lower bounce...

>

Another person who said it better than I could!

More importantly, I think the article on Golf.com this morning can put this debate to bed.... (I'm joking...sort of....)...... here's a quote from Tiger...

“If you didn’t like it, you’d take it over your knee and bend it, and adjust it,” Woods said during a TaylorMade shoot. “You’d keep bending it to how you liked it. And then you’d grab more heads and hit it like that and then say, ‘OK, I need to bend this one just like that. That was your loft and lie.”

So I couldn't wait and took my 7iron out last night to hit about 10 premium balls. I totally get what guys are saying about the feel. Much more dense and less soft feeling than my cb-57's. If I were to rate my Miuras in softness from 1-10 with 10 being melted butter, I'd rate them a 9. With the same parameters, I would rate the p7TW's a 7. With that said, I fell as though there is a breaking in period with new blades and they get softer with time. Maybe I'm just weird too. I also noticed the ball was flying noticeably higher. I got my set from a local shop and totally forgot to get the spec sheet from them. I hope they aren't bent weak.

I am looking forward to testing them more on a hot day.

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > Tw and 730 pw for those who wondered.

> > krgtblsgjhoj.jpeg

> >

>

> WOW! I think that P7TW looks so much better... can you post some more comparisons like this with maybe an 8iron and 4iron?

>

> Also, I personally think every OEM needs to put more grooves on their irons. They always look so much better like that! 18 vs. 15 grooves.

8 and 5 irons respectively

6vymyq8op8jk.jpeg

rjxwrmdqkick.jpeg

• Like 1

Used them today for the first time. I didn’t play great and they’re set up slightly differently from my titleists (I have back weights in my titleists that I didn’t put into the TMs yet). When I hit them well they feel outstanding. It sounds heavier than the titleists but feels softer to me. I really like the look and feel. I definitely noticed how narrow the sole is when I pulled the club out of my bag. Big fan. Distance wise I didn’t notice any difference. I do seem to hit them lower than my current set.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

> @denvergolf said:

>

> > @tgoodspe1991 said:

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > Tw and 730 pw for those who wondered.

> > > krgtblsgjhoj.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > WOW! I think that P7TW looks so much better... can you post some more comparisons like this with maybe an 8iron and 4iron?

> >

> > Also, I personally think every OEM needs to put more grooves on their irons. They always look so much better like that! 18 vs. 15 grooves.

>

> 8 and 5 irons respectively

>

> 6vymyq8op8jk.jpeg

> rjxwrmdqkick.jpeg

>

>

Truly stunning! That 8 iron is beautiful

Im in the UK and they are saying mid-may for delivery. Apparently the heads only arrived on the 1st.

• Like 1

Thank you for positing the 8 and 5 irons. They are really a quality looking blade. I definitely am going to get them in 3-PW towards the end of the year. My 4-PW set (that I couldn’t cancel) is arriving Monday, but I’m going to sell that off and wait for the 3-PW to become available. In the meantime I have two other sets of irons to keep me busy, some people know of one of them so far.. :)

If anyone wants the 4-PW P7TW set message me. I can have it shipped and in your hands by next weekend!

I just had a fitting. These clubs felt great. They weren’t too firm which I was worried about compared to my Mizuno MP32s which I’ve had since 2010. The P730s feel a lot firmer and not too my liking but these feel awesome. They truly do.

I didn’t want it to be the case bc of my Amex bill but I ordered them right then custom to my specs and length and will get to do a whole bag yardage gapping when they come in and we will adjust loft and lie more at that time if needed.

Also, bc I paid extra to have them built from the warehouse, I get them in less than two weeks. Alternative was to wait until mid-July like everyone else but I got the bug real bad and that was a $500 bug. Super excited.

> @jabwind51 said:

> I just had a fitting. These clubs felt great. They weren’t too firm which I was worried about compared to my Mizuno MP32s which I’ve had since 2010. The P730s feel a lot firmer and not too my liking but these feel awesome. They truly do.

>

> I didn’t want it to be the case bc of my Amex bill but I ordered them right then custom to my specs and length and will get to do a whole bag yardage gapping when they come in and we will adjust loft and lie more at that time if needed.

>

> Also, bc I paid extra to have them built from the warehouse, I get them in less than two weeks. Alternative was to wait until mid-July like everyone else but I got the bug real bad and that was a $500 bug. Super excited.

You paid $500 more for them to be built from "the warehouse"? Meaning what exactly?

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

> @rgk5 said:

> > @jabwind51 said:

> > I just had a fitting. These clubs felt great. They weren’t too firm which I was worried about compared to my Mizuno MP32s which I’ve had since 2010. The P730s feel a lot firmer and not too my liking but these feel awesome. They truly do.

> >

> > I didn’t want it to be the case bc of my Amex bill but I ordered them right then custom to my specs and length and will get to do a whole bag yardage gapping when they come in and we will adjust loft and lie more at that time if needed.

> >

> > Also, bc I paid extra to have them built from the warehouse, I get them in less than two weeks. Alternative was to wait until mid-July like everyone else but I got the bug real bad and that was a $500 bug. Super excited.

>

> You paid $500 more for them to be built from "the warehouse"? Meaning what exactly?

Clubfitter I went too has these P7TW heads in stock at their own warehouse in good supply. So my clubs get built through them directly. It doesn’t come from TaylorMade built. So essentially I’m paying for shafts on top of the price of the clubs. Sorry if that was confusing. And yeah it wasn’t pricy no joke. But I may justifying it since I haven’t updated my irons since 2010 and my shaft flex was wayyy off and I get them in 14 days.

> @jabwind51 said:

> > @rgk5 said:

> > > @jabwind51 said:

> > > I just had a fitting. These clubs felt great. They weren’t too firm which I was worried about compared to my Mizuno MP32s which I’ve had since 2010. The P730s feel a lot firmer and not too my liking but these feel awesome. They truly do.

> > >

> > > I didn’t want it to be the case bc of my Amex bill but I ordered them right then custom to my specs and length and will get to do a whole bag yardage gapping when they come in and we will adjust loft and lie more at that time if needed.

> > >

> > > Also, bc I paid extra to have them built from the warehouse, I get them in less than two weeks. Alternative was to wait until mid-July like everyone else but I got the bug real bad and that was a $500 bug. Super excited.

> >

> > You paid $500 more for them to be built from "the warehouse"? Meaning what exactly?

>

> Clubfitter I went to has these P7TW heads in stock at their own warehouse in good supply. So my clubs get built through them directly. It doesn’t come from TaylorMade built. So essentially I’m paying for shafts on top of the price of the clubs. Sorry if that was confusing. And yeah it was pricy...no joke. But I may justifying it since I haven’t updated my irons since 2010 and my shaft flex was wayyy off and I get them in 14 days.

> @tgoodspe1991 said:

> Thank you for positing the 8 and 5 irons. They are really a quality looking blade. I definitely am going to get them in 3-PW towards the end of the year. My 4-PW set (that I couldn’t cancel) is arriving Monday, but I’m going to sell that off and wait for the 3-PW to become available. In the meantime I have two other sets of irons to keep me busy, some people know of one of them so far.. :)

>

> If anyone wants the 4-PW P7TW set message me. I can have it shipped and in your hands by next weekend!

Probably the last VR pros in plastic on earth. Very nice find.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @jabwind51 said:

> > @rgk5 said:

> > > @jabwind51 said:

> > > I just had a fitting. These clubs felt great. They weren’t too firm which I was worried about compared to my Mizuno MP32s which I’ve had since 2010. The P730s feel a lot firmer and not too my liking but these feel awesome. They truly do.

> > >

> > > I didn’t want it to be the case bc of my Amex bill but I ordered them right then custom to my specs and length and will get to do a whole bag yardage gapping when they come in and we will adjust loft and lie more at that time if needed.

> > >

> > > Also, bc I paid extra to have them built from the warehouse, I get them in less than two weeks. Alternative was to wait until mid-July like everyone else but I got the bug real bad and that was a $500 bug. Super excited.

> >

> > You paid $500 more for them to be built from "the warehouse"? Meaning what exactly?

>

> Clubfitter I went too has these P7TW heads in stock at their own warehouse in good supply. So my clubs get built through them directly. It doesn’t come from TaylorMade built. So essentially I’m paying for shafts on top of the price of the clubs. Sorry if that was confusing. And yeah it wasn’t pricy no joke. But I may justifying it since I haven’t updated my irons since 2010 and my shaft flex was wayyy off and I get them in 14 days.

Hmmm. Yet another wrinkle in this yarn or yarns. A warehouse full somewhere in an undisclosed location. And the UK will get heir mid May while my set was mid June , ordered day 1. If you made this stuff up nobody would believe it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @jabwind51 said:

> > > @rgk5 said:

> > > > @jabwind51 said:

> > > > I just had a fitting. These clubs felt great. They weren’t too firm which I was worried about compared to my Mizuno MP32s which I’ve had since 2010. The P730s feel a lot firmer and not too my liking but these feel awesome. They truly do.

> > > >

> > > > I didn’t want it to be the case bc of my Amex bill but I ordered them right then custom to my specs and length and will get to do a whole bag yardage gapping when they come in and we will adjust loft and lie more at that time if needed.

> > > >

> > > > Also, bc I paid extra to have them built from the warehouse, I get them in less than two weeks. Alternative was to wait until mid-July like everyone else but I got the bug real bad and that was a $500 bug. Super excited.

> > >

> > > You paid $500 more for them to be built from "the warehouse"? Meaning what exactly?

> >

> > Clubfitter I went too has these P7TW heads in stock at their own warehouse in good supply. So my clubs get built through them directly. It doesn’t come from TaylorMade built. So essentially I’m paying for shafts on top of the price of the clubs. Sorry if that was confusing. And yeah it wasn’t pricy no joke. But I may justifying it since I haven’t updated my irons since 2010 and my shaft flex was wayyy off and I get them in 14 days.

>

> Hmmm. Yet another wrinkle in this yarn or yarns. A warehouse full somewhere in an undisclosed location. And the UK will get heir mid May while my set was mid June , ordered day 1. If you made this stuff up nobody would believe it.

Lol seriously. Sorry bud that you have had these issues. Dunno how im gonna explain it to my wife why these cost over 3x what I spent on my last iron set!

> @jabwind51 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @jabwind51 said:

> > > > @rgk5 said:

> > > > > @jabwind51 said:

> > > > > I just had a fitting. These clubs felt great. They weren’t too firm which I was worried about compared to my Mizuno MP32s which I’ve had since 2010. The P730s feel a lot firmer and not too my liking but these feel awesome. They truly do.

> > > > >

> > > > > I didn’t want it to be the case bc of my Amex bill but I ordered them right then custom to my specs and length and will get to do a whole bag yardage gapping when they come in and we will adjust loft and lie more at that time if needed.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, bc I paid extra to have them built from the warehouse, I get them in less than two weeks. Alternative was to wait until mid-July like everyone else but I got the bug real bad and that was a $500 bug. Super excited.

> > > >

> > > > You paid $500 more for them to be built from "the warehouse"? Meaning what exactly?

> > >

> > > Clubfitter I went too has these P7TW heads in stock at their own warehouse in good supply. So my clubs get built through them directly. It doesn’t come from TaylorMade built. So essentially I’m paying for shafts on top of the price of the clubs. Sorry if that was confusing. And yeah it wasn’t pricy no joke. But I may justifying it since I haven’t updated my irons since 2010 and my shaft flex was wayyy off and I get them in 14 days.

> >

> > Hmmm. Yet another wrinkle in this yarn or yarns. A warehouse full somewhere in an undisclosed location. And the UK will get heir mid May while my set was mid June , ordered day 1. If you made this stuff up nobody would believe it.

>

> Lol seriously. Sorry bud that you have had these issues. Dunno how im gonna explain it to my wife why these cost over 3x what I spent on my last iron set!

Just don’t tell her:)

• Like 2

> @jabwind51 said:

> > @rgk5 said:

> > > @jabwind51 said:

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> Clubfitter I went too has these P7TW heads in stock at their own warehouse in good supply. So my clubs get built through them directly. It doesn’t come from TaylorMade built. So essentially I’m paying for shafts on top of the price of the clubs. Sorry if that was confusing. And yeah it wasn’t pricy no joke. But I may justifying it since I haven’t updated my irons since 2010 and my shaft flex was wayyy off and I get them in 14 days.

Was the "warehouse" in Shanghai? :#

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @jabwind51 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @jabwind51 said:

> > > > > @rgk5 said:

> > > > > > @jabwind51 said:

> > > > > > I just had a fitting. These clubs felt great. They weren’t too firm which I was worried about compared to my Mizuno MP32s which I’ve had since 2010. The P730s feel a lot firmer and not too my liking but these feel awesome. They truly do.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I didn’t want it to be the case bc of my Amex bill but I ordered them right then custom to my specs and length and will get to do a whole bag yardage gapping when they come in and we will adjust loft and lie more at that time if needed.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, bc I paid extra to have them built from the warehouse, I get them in less than two weeks. Alternative was to wait until mid-July like everyone else but I got the bug real bad and that was a $500 bug. Super excited.

> > > > >

> > > > > You paid $500 more for them to be built from "the warehouse"? Meaning what exactly?

> > > >

> > > > Clubfitter I went too has these P7TW heads in stock at their own warehouse in good supply. So my clubs get built through them directly. It doesn’t come from TaylorMade built. So essentially I’m paying for shafts on top of the price of the clubs. Sorry if that was confusing. And yeah it wasn’t pricy no joke. But I may justifying it since I haven’t updated my irons since 2010 and my shaft flex was wayyy off and I get them in 14 days.

> > >

> > > Hmmm. Yet another wrinkle in this yarn or yarns. A warehouse full somewhere in an undisclosed location. And the UK will get heir mid May while my set was mid June , ordered day 1. If you made this stuff up nobody would believe it.

> >

> > Lol seriously. Sorry bud that you have had these issues. Dunno how im gonna explain it to my wife why these cost over 3x what I spent on my last iron set!

>

> Just don’t tell her:)

Rookies >:)

> @kerila07 said:

> Our local shop got one set in, I just wanted to see them firsthand and man are they gorgeous. Even if I did have the game for them I would be scared to use them, good luck to everyone with them.

The club I play at had two boxes sitting in the proshop today, in addition to the ones I have in the bag. Colorado must have been fortunate.

Received mine. I compared them visually to my VR Pro blades. They are virtually identical except for a few details. The back edge of the sole on VR Pros have a slight curve to them whereas the P7TW is straight. The leading edge is every so slightly more blunt from a beveled leading edge in the P7TW. The muscle is also slightly lower where it meets the toe from the 7 iron down to PW; however, the part of the face close to the heel is also slightly more shallow in the P7TW.

If you’re used to playing the Vapor Pros, I think this will be a very very easy transition. It totally makes sense to me as to why Tommy Fleetwood went to these irons so quickly.

Now the question is whether to game these right away after checking/modifying (if needed) the specs or to create a superset from my two VR Pro sets because the grooves are wearing on my 8 iron and play them first.

> @chiva said:

> It’s another blade. Great. I just don’t understand to excitement about them. Yea, they are great clubs. So are the Callaways, Titleists, Hogans, etc. Just another option.

To be fair. That’s just not really how It works . You wouldn’t say “ the ap2 is just another player’s GI club”. Would you ? I don’t think so. You’d compare and contrast the differences between it and say the callaway apex pro , or the cobra forged tech cb or ping i210 etc. but I my self see those irons as just “ blunt wide soled irons with a muted dead feel and a couple plastic badges “. But I know there’s many differences between those choices.

Same here. Many differences.

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock