2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Random Bandon Thread

buzlin

2 minutes ago, mallrat said:

Call around 5:30 - 7 pst. I have called 4 times in the last month and never had a wait. 

Lolz - what do you think 9am EST is?

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

9 minutes ago, mallrat said:

Call around 5:30 - 7 pst. I have called 4 times in the last month and never had a wait. 

From what I experienced this morning, today, before 6:00 PST, you got a recording asking you to leave a message, which tells me they were not taking calls.  Right at 6:00 PST, the calls started to queue up.

10 minutes ago, T2GRNN2 said:

From what I experienced this morning, today, before 6:00 PST, you got a recording asking you to leave a message, which tells me they were not taking calls.  Right at 6:00 PST, the calls started to queue up.

I called both right before 6 and got that message, and immediately at 6 and got put in the permanent queue then dropped

They had the same issue with dropped calls last year when they opened up the floodgates.  Super frustrating.  Mine got dropped right at the 2 hr mark, then again just after they answered.  Fortunately, they called me right back.  I commented about the long wait and dropped calls, and the reservation agent said they were overwhelmed and the system could not handle the volume.

You'd think they'd have fixed that by now...

"take that, you miserable little white swine!"

1 hour ago, mallrat said:

MY BAD… PM

Gotcha 🙂

I've called all around the clock and today is something else. I've never experienced 2 2hr calls before. For kicks I called 1 number on my phone and another number on Skype and both came out the same.

I remember earlier in this thread saying I'd never made it to the back 9 with DMK before. After today I will never ever make a DMK 'hold music' related joke again.

Edited by duffer987

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

1 hour ago, spud3 said:

They had the same issue with dropped calls last year when they opened up the floodgates.  Super frustrating.  Mine got dropped right at the 2 hr mark, then again just after they answered.  Fortunately, they called me right back.  I commented about the long wait and dropped calls, and the reservation agent said they were overwhelmed and the system could not handle the volume.

You'd think they'd have fixed that by now...

I have to give the credit where credit is due.  On two separate occasions in the leadup to our trip last week, a call to the reservation department was dropped, once immediately after I was connected and before I could confirm a call back number.  They called back almost instantly.

I do agree with you, they should have fixed their system prior to today as this is not the first day that they are slammed coming out of the shoots on opening day and calls are dropped at the 2 hour mark.

Anyway, calling from my office land line, after two dropped calls today at the 2 hour mark, I emailed in a form from the website.  I ended up with one more dropped call at 2 hours and I was on hold for about 50 minutes on my fourth call when I received a call back from them on my cell phone.  I ended up getting almost exactly what I wanted for tee times for our group of 8 and exactly what I wanted for rooms, so it was a stressful morning for nothing at the end of the day.  Only 720 days to wait...... 

Edited by T2GRNN2
Typo, replaced year with week!
  • Like 1

I finally made contact at 1 PST after three drops and almost lost hope after the third one at 11 because I had only been on the line for one hour. A few minutes past the two-hour threshold of my fourth call (how it didn't drop, I'll never know), I heard the sweet sound of a ring and "Bandon Dunes reservations department. Sorry about the wait. Just in case we get disconnect--." At this point, I started banging my head on my desk but, luckily, they called right back. Ultimately, all is well as I got just about the perfect course itinerary (second or third out each day with the earliest possible replay) and my second-choice room. But they have got to do something about the dropped calls. Good luck @jerebear21!

• Like 2

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (35)

3 minutes ago, roadtripper said:

I see they haven't posted the pricing for the rest of '23.  What do the price increases look compared to '22? (not like its going to stop me booking anyway)

She seemed to be on a mission and was moving along and talking pretty quickly.  Our trip is late Nov '23, and she said $100 for each round (I was expecting $110) and as she was looking for the room rates, I said about $210 or $220 for Chrome Lake Doubles and about $320 to $340 for Chrome Lake lofts (we are getting two of each for our group) and she said that's about right, then she came back with the total of $1,940 for our deposit.  I will get the details when the email comes in later tonight, unless they update the website before then, then we'll get to see the exact rates before. 

Thank you gents! All in good form though I’m getting sick of listening to DMK discuss what strafaci has to do over and over again. Ha!

Planning for 16 guys will be tougher than 8 guys.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

5 minutes ago, T2GRNN2 said:

She seemed to be on a mission and was moving along and talking pretty quickly.  Our trip is late Nov '23, and she said $100 for each round (I was expecting $110) and as she was looking for the room rates, I said about $210 or $220 for Chrome Lake Doubles and about $320 to $340 for Chrome Lake lofts (we are getting two of each for our group) and she said that's about right, then she came back with the total of $1,940 for our deposit.  I will get the details when the email comes in later tonight, unless they update the website before then, then we'll get to see the exact rates before. 

Not much of a bump it seems from '22 at that time.  I was/am figuring $20-$30 raise for when I am looking, late Sept, early Oct... if there is anything left.  Congrats on getting your booking.

finally got through after 11 hours.  2nd week of May 2023 for 16 folks from florida.

36-54 a day for 5 straight days. O.o

• Like 3

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

59 minutes ago, spud3 said:

One thing we found out (the hard way) was the Round Lake Room rates are making a big jump from '22 to '23.  They will be basically $100/night more than a room in the Lodge or Inn for a trip in March.

Wow, you're right, they bumped the Round King rate $45 per day. I wasn't willing to book them compared to the Lodge/Inn based on the 2022 rates.

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (35)

I sure miss the old system where you could only book 365 days in advance. You want a booking that starts May 12th 2022, you call May 12th 2021.

The 'new' system where everyone is funnelled into the same few days to book their trip sure is frustrating. 

Does anyone know why they changed it? Seems like spreading out the volume of calls would be easier to manage for them.

16 minutes ago, 2bGood said:

I sure miss the old system where you could only book 365 days in advance. You want a booking that starts May 12th 2022, you call May 12th 2021.

The 'new' system where everyone is funnelled into the same few days to book their trip sure is frustrating. 

Does anyone know why they changed it? Seems like spreading out the volume of calls would be easier to manage for them.

Amen to that. Rang at 9:30 and just got off the phone at 18:30. We got first out times which is key for the winter and the service agent was the usual excellent - she just came straight out with - is this a good number? OK, I'm calling you back right now 😄

F.T.

58 minutes ago, jackbauer said:

Wow, you're right, they bumped the Round King rate $45 per day. I wasn't willing to book them compared to the Lodge/Inn based on the 2022 rates.

2023 is so far off I went with 2 Chrome Lake Lofts instead of a lodge suite and was told to expect a $40-60 increase by the time prices are released.

F.T.