Can WRX start a new section for "Better Players" PLEEEEEASE (changed from Scratch)

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Lol. I posted what I posted just to draw some of these comments out. Thanks for the illustrations. This is exactly what happens

>

> ![](https://66.media.tumblr.com/c2e175d8da9ea235b0a978042d65b1b2/tumblr_pn53xqCDOs1xuc4uro1_r1_500.gif "")

>

I know right.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"P.E." said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > I agree with the OP as well as another poster that said it would be difficult to police better players forum as well as for it to grow. IMO there are not nearly as many scratch and plus golfers actively posting on Golfwrx, as there are, say, single-digit golfers.

> >

> > The more common problem in many threads is some people want to express their opinion even when it has no subject merit. Furthermore, too many bogey + and or insecure golfers want to be thought of as equal to better amateurs, while confusing the difference between what differentiates the segments. That's when they personalize the separation. LOL, Could they be part of the give'em a trophy for showing up segment? That's when that certain segment of people classify others as elitists. Notwithstanding, I recognize why some people desire a better players forum. To argue in defense of one's belief based on the personal assessment illustrates why some people want a better players forum. Have a good day.

> >

> >

**> If you want to be part of a public forum then you have to deal with all aspects of being part of that public forum.

**>

> If you want to be part of a private forum create an invitation only group on another platform.

>

>

LOL

Have you noticed there are a HUNDRED Forums on this board ?

I have to "deal with" ALL of them ?

Yeah, didn't think so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @GoIrish17 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @GoIrish17 said:

> > > I don't understand why a scratch golfer wouldn't just use the present forum that is appropriate for their question, and then sift through the responses to see what is responseful and useful to them (kind of how every single other post goes). It's just like any other topic here - you throw your topic out into the ether, and then sit back and figure out what responses most address what you're hoping to have a conversation about, and which to just ignore. I'd guess a scratch golfer wouldn't have much trouble separating the wheat from the chaff when reading through the responses.

> >

> > The issue the OP is trying to address is to do away with all the flaming that happens when certain questions or topics get brought up.

> >

> > I can’t tell you how many topics I’ve discussed behind closed doors with like minded people , simply because starting the thread publicly will cause an instant flame fest, which ultimately leads to an off topic rant , which suppresses real answers etc.

>

> That’s what happens with any questions in a public forum. You sift through the answers and take what’s useful and responsive to your question and leave the rest. If someone’s feelings are too sensitive to overlook a troll comment, then I doubt a whole new safe place for them is going to help.

>

> It sucks that you have to deal with trolls that derail discussions here. But, it’s not like it’s only the good golfers who experience this in some form on GolfWRX. There’s lots of divisive topics here that will bring the trolls out in force. It’s what you do with those comments that effects your experience. It sucks when the bandwidth is clogged with unresponsive posts in threads, but sometimes that is what you have to deal with here. Everyone has their own agenda, and it’s not always to keep discussions on topic, unfortunately. If the site were to start creating safe spaces for every polarizing topic, the site would become impossible to navigate.

>

> That, and the already mentioned enforcement of the handicap requirement for the new, exclusive scratch golfer forum. I have a feeling there’s a lot more “internet scratch” golfers than real life scratch golfers here.

>

>

Yes, you sift through the answers in a thread/forum. Very true.

However, if guys start asking about golf balls in the equipment forum, when there's already a golf ball forum, and keeps doing such things someone is going to report the guy to the mods and they will advise the offender how to proceed going forward.

And it's one thing to sift through answers at least related to the question but quite another to sift through all the posts that have nothing to do with the topic. Some thread drift is allowed and left alone but if someone insists on busting up a thread with silliness someone will report him and he'll be "talked to".

Would you object to a forum solely for instructors ? One where they could bounce teaching ideas off one another and nobody else was allowed to post there. Probably not, right ? So a forum for scratch or better, or 5 or better, or single digits or better ? What's the big deal ?

And I don't recall anybody suggesting there being any verification of the handicaps. After all, golfers are supposed to police themselves ON the course - wouldn't you expect them to be able to police themselves on a golf forum ?

Titleist Pro V1X

I'd like to see a section just for lefties since we see the game in a different way.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @nsxguy said:

> > @"P.E." said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > I agree with the OP as well as another poster that said it would be difficult to police better players forum as well as for it to grow. IMO there are not nearly as many scratch and plus golfers actively posting on Golfwrx, as there are, say, single-digit golfers.

> > >

> > > The more common problem in many threads is some people want to express their opinion even when it has no subject merit. Furthermore, too many bogey + and or insecure golfers want to be thought of as equal to better amateurs, while confusing the difference between what differentiates the segments. That's when they personalize the separation. LOL, Could they be part of the give'em a trophy for showing up segment? That's when that certain segment of people classify others as elitists. Notwithstanding, I recognize why some people desire a better players forum. To argue in defense of one's belief based on the personal assessment illustrates why some people want a better players forum. Have a good day.

> > >

> > >

> **> If you want to be part of a public forum then you have to deal with all aspects of being part of that public forum.

> **>

> > If you want to be part of a private forum create an invitation only group on another platform.

> >

> >

>

> LOL

>

> Have you noticed there are a HUNDRED Forums on this board ?

>

> I have to "deal with" ALL of them ?

>

> Yeah, didn't think so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

LOL......you don't have to "deal with" any of them. No one would know and no one would care.

But if you choose to respond to a post then you have to deal with all aspects of being part of that public forum.

Changed title to "Better Players"

Too many got way to hung up on "Scratch" and who will monitor that.... Anyone can enter and talk just know you're in the Better Players area and dont muddy up the conversation with oblivious banter. If the conversation is about playin for par rather then playin for birdie at the end of tourney and how that might take you out of your game dont ask how to fix a slice cause you usually shoot 98 and trying to get sub 95. Or talkin bout playing a low draw to a back left pin in the wind then settling for middle of the green but your down 2 with 4 to go....

The Better Players section will stimulate more advanced playing conversations then is currently going on.

(music) Chops aint gonna relate, there's no hate just cant relate, but its not to late to relate.....

People touting elitism sound like their feelings are hurt.... wow just wowww lol

• Like 1

Can't figure how to like my own posts

> @Petethreeput said:

> Bill Belichick, Pep Guardiola, Gregg Popovich, Scotty Bowman, Butch Harmon, Earl Weaver, etc.

> All world class coaches, very capable, but probably wouldnt qualify by your parameters in their respective sports.

>

>

>

Assume you mean Mourinho?

Pep was capped 40+ times for Spain and played 250+ times for Barca.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @Barfolomew said:

> > Hey Mods where you at...... why don't a few Mods jump in here and join the discussion?

>

> Honestly? I think this is one of the most ludicrous ideas that I've read so far - in a forum full of "helpful" topics and ludicrous ideas.

>

> There you go.

Well not you.... hahaha!

But you went so extreme you lost credibility ...... the most ludicrous idea so far..... really, really is that how you feel. I'm honored to get first place in the most ludicrous idea so far on WRX! Now if you had said you dont think the section will survive because there's not enough Better Players on WRX to partake in supporting that type of new forum.... well that might be more believable lol

> @duffer987 said:

> > @Petethreeput said:

> > Bill Belichick, Pep Guardiola, Gregg Popovich, Scotty Bowman, Butch Harmon, Earl Weaver, etc.

> > All world class coaches, very capable, but probably wouldnt qualify by your parameters in their respective sports.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Assume you mean Mourinho?

> Pep was capped 40+ times for Spain and played 250+ times for Barca.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about him. I will now pick Mourinho, and perhaps Sir Alex Ferguson... but my soccer/futbol history isnt that great.

Could there be a sub-forum for the Better Players sub-forum? Only Better Players who are capable of constructing coherent sentences would be able to post there; sorry, @Barfolomew, guess that means you'd be SOL ... hope that your feelings aren't hurt.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

> @Barfolomew said:

> There are many questions and discussions myself and other scratch golfers would like to get into without the myriad of responses from players that shoot bogey+ golf..... If your a scratch then you know that opinions of bogey golfers dont hold much water and muddy up the conversation on the course or on WRX lol.... its strange but true how little 90+ scoring golfers opinions are not even listened to by better players.... its very rare they can tell you something you dont already know about

>

> example: I started a thread bout whether its advantageous to hit higher/lower to up/down sloping fairways and I realized the guys got stuck on the idea of hitting a flighted shot with driver lol and best to just hit stock shot.... haha its easy to flight a drive down and realized the audience wasnt good enough to discuss the idea... but if it was in a scratch section the right guys would of responded with insight..... I asked a similar question about playing from uneven lies about going with the slope or forcing your will on it for the flight you want and the discussion was useless cause of the ability of the players. Plus it would be a place where bogey+ golfers could ask a good player a question.

>

> I know Obee started that good thread for scratch golfers tourney results and thats great but can we get one section PLEASE..... or at least try it before you say no lol.... Thanks!!!!

This post reeks of elitism. My God.

> @Barfolomew said:

> Changed title to "Better Players"

>

> Too many got way to hung up on "Scratch" and who will monitor that.... Anyone can enter and talk just know you're in the Better Players area and dont muddy up the conversation with oblivious banter. If the conversation is about playin for par rather then playin for birdie at the end of tourney and how that might take you out of your game dont ask how to fix a slice cause you usually shoot 98 and trying to get sub 95. Or talkin bout playing a low draw to a back left pin in the wind then settling for middle of the green but your down 2 with 4 to go....

>

> The Better Players section will stimulate more advanced playing conversations then is currently going on.

>

> (music) Chops aint gonna relate, there's no hate just cant relate, but its not to late to relate.....

>

> People touting elitism sound like their feelings are hurt.... wow just wowww lol

“more advanced playing conversations” GTFO clown

> @"P.E." said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @"P.E." said:

> > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > I agree with the OP as well as another poster that said it would be difficult to police better players forum as well as for it to grow. IMO there are not nearly as many scratch and plus golfers actively posting on Golfwrx, as there are, say, single-digit golfers.

> > > >

> > > > The more common problem in many threads is some people want to express their opinion even when it has no subject merit. Furthermore, too many bogey + and or insecure golfers want to be thought of as equal to better amateurs, while confusing the difference between what differentiates the segments. That's when they personalize the separation. LOL, Could they be part of the give'em a trophy for showing up segment? That's when that certain segment of people classify others as elitists. Notwithstanding, I recognize why some people desire a better players forum. To argue in defense of one's belief based on the personal assessment illustrates why some people want a better players forum. Have a good day.

> > > >

> > > >

> > **> If you want to be part of a public forum then you have to deal with all aspects of being part of that public forum.

> > **>

> > > If you want to be part of a private forum create an invitation only group on another platform.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > LOL

> >

> > Have you noticed there are a HUNDRED Forums on this board ?

> >

> > I have to "deal with" ALL of them ?

> >

> > Yeah, didn't think so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

>

> LOL......you don't have to "deal with" any of them. No one would know and no one would care.

>

> But if you choose to respond to a post then you have to deal with all aspects of being part of that public forum.

I notice you cut out everything I said about having an instructor's forum, or for posting about things clearly in the WRONG forum.

Which IS, after all, the entire POINT of having a "Better Player's Forum".

You trick little Devil you !!! LMAO

Titleist Pro V1X

This is Hilarious.... we have it all... New people telling others to GTFO clown, weve got the grammar police, cat calls of "elitist" followed by hisses and boos and even some citing coaches , as if that has anything to do with the subject .

Its almost like someone said " Ben Hogan " or " tiger"... odd sort of symmetry happening here

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @dcmidnight said:

> > > > @Barfolomew said:

> > > > Hey Mods where you at...... why don't a few Mods jump in here and join the discussion?

> > >

> > > Honestly? I think this is one of the most ludicrous ideas that I've read so far - in a forum full of "helpful" topics and ludicrous ideas.

> > >

> > > There you go.

> >

> > Is the board planning on adding back HCP under the avatar like it was before platforms changed?

>

> Sorry but I have absolutely no idea. The mods have had zero say and have been zero percent involved in any of the recent board software changes.

Intresting. Wonder if that has anything to do with the current site direction or lack of.

> @bladehunter said:

> This is Hilarious.... we have it all... New people telling others to GTFO clown, weve got the grammar police, cat calls of "elitist" followed by hisses and boos and even some citing coaches , as if that has anything to do with the subject .

>

> Its almost like someone said " Ben Hogan " or " tiger"... odd sort of symmetry happening here

It actually does. A 5/6 hdcp can have the same insight as a better player. It is no coincidence many of the great players are not great coaches because there is no cognitive attachment to what they do, rather they simply do it and cannot understand why someone else has to question the proper technique.

So to draw the connection for you, it actually may be a disservice to say a person has to be "X" handicap to reply simply because some folks who may not have the physical skills to be great have the mental acuity to help great players. In fact, in many instances, I would say those folks make the best coaches because they love the game but know the only way to stay in it is to study the game.

Sorry the connection wasn't drawn out, but it is relevant, at least in my eyes.

> @Petethreeput said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > This is Hilarious.... we have it all... New people telling others to GTFO clown, weve got the grammar police, cat calls of "elitist" followed by hisses and boos and even some citing coaches , as if that has anything to do with the subject .

> >

> > Its almost like someone said " Ben Hogan " or " tiger"... odd sort of symmetry happening here

>

> It actually does. A 5/6 hdcp can have the same insight as a better player. It is no coincidence many of the great players are not great coaches because there is no cognitive attachment to what they do, rather they simply do it and cannot understand why someone else has to question the proper technique.

> So to draw the connection for you, it actually may be a disservice to say a person has to be "X" handicap to reply simply because some folks who may not have the physical skills to be great have the mental acuity to help great players. In fact, in many instances, I would say those folks make the best coaches because they love the game but know the only way to stay in it is to study the game.

> Sorry the connection wasn't drawn out, but it is relevant, at least in my eyes.

Yep. And I see that.

I think I’m a perfect world. Anyone who provides good ,genuinely constructive points ,is always welcomed. But I’m just saying that I get the OPs want here. It’s not from a place of actual elitism. It’s from a place of realism. It’s very hard to have a real “ hey I’m a plus handicap and hit a 9 iron 165 yards on a smooth swing and I’m having some distance control issues with my new GI irons “. conversation here. Or “ I put better with no alignment aides “. Or “ my handicap dropped from 1-to +1 when I swapped back to an MB iron set”. All very legitimate conversations that get grenades in seconds by 15 handicaps telling you what you can’t do. ( generalizing handicap of course. )

You’d better be wearing Nomex if you say anything close to thise. That’s only a few random examples of the conversations that are hard to have. Don’t get me started on net handicap competitions. “ just play better “ is the default answer.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @nsxguy said:

> > @"P.E." said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @"P.E." said:

> > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > I agree with the OP as well as another poster that said it would be difficult to police better players forum as well as for it to grow. IMO there are not nearly as many scratch and plus golfers actively posting on Golfwrx, as there are, say, single-digit golfers.

> > > > >

> > > > > The more common problem in many threads is some people want to express their opinion even when it has no subject merit. Furthermore, too many bogey + and or insecure golfers want to be thought of as equal to better amateurs, while confusing the difference between what differentiates the segments. That's when they personalize the separation. LOL, Could they be part of the give'em a trophy for showing up segment? That's when that certain segment of people classify others as elitists. Notwithstanding, I recognize why some people desire a better players forum. To argue in defense of one's belief based on the personal assessment illustrates why some people want a better players forum. Have a good day.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > **> If you want to be part of a public forum then you have to deal with all aspects of being part of that public forum.

> > > **>

> > > > If you want to be part of a private forum create an invitation only group on another platform.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > LOL

> > >

> > > Have you noticed there are a HUNDRED Forums on this board ?

> > >

> > > I have to "deal with" ALL of them ?

> > >

> > > Yeah, didn't think so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

> >

> > LOL......you don't have to "deal with" any of them. No one would know and no one would care.

> >

> > But if you choose to respond to a post then you have to deal with all aspects of being part of that public forum.

>

> I notice you cut out everything I said about having an instructor's forum, or for posting about things clearly in the WRONG forum.

>

> Which IS, after all, the entire POINT of having a "Better Player's Forum".

>

> You trick little Devil you !!! LMAO

@nsxguy I have not "cut out" anything from any of your posts that are connected to you and me.

Perhaps you are confused because the tears in your eyes from laughing so much are clouding your vision.

LOL

@Mikey5e do you really believe that? Anyway, I disagree. If I, as a 2-3, were left out I'd be fine with it. If limits were set maybe they should be single-digit to plus. There are many single-digit golfers that were once scratch or better but I doubt 12-15's fall into that category.

If "anyone" gets their panties in a wad over being left out of a thread it has nothing to do with index but a fragile emotional state. Further, I just don't see scratch golfers as emotionally fragile.

As a 2-3 index, I would ask a question of a scratch or plus golfer a question. What I don't see or value is a 12-15 index answering my question because they'd be guessing. I run a North American business and often pose questions to VP's. There are reasons why I don't pose the same questions to first or second-line managers.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

> @Petethreeput said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > This is Hilarious.... we have it all... New people telling others to GTFO clown, weve got the grammar police, cat calls of "elitist" followed by hisses and boos and even some citing coaches , as if that has anything to do with the subject .

> >

> > Its almost like someone said " Ben Hogan " or " tiger"... odd sort of symmetry happening here

>

> It actually does. A 5/6 hdcp can have the same insight as a better player. It is no coincidence many of the great players are not great coaches because there is no cognitive attachment to what they do, rather they simply do it and cannot understand why someone else has to question the proper technique.

> So to draw the connection for you, **it actually may be a disservice to say a person has to be "X" handicap to reply simply** because some folks who may not have the physical skills to be great have the mental acuity to help great players. In fact, in many instances, I would say those folks make the best coaches because they love the game but know the only way to stay in it is to study the game.

> Sorry the connection wasn't drawn out, but it is relevant, at least in my eyes.

You're missin the point still..... anyone can partake. That's the reason I changed the title and you're still missin it...

Heck I wish some top coaches like Butch Harmon or Pelz would talk in my threads lol..... no one cares if they shoot 120 they got the know how.

Can someone check my grammer me no speeky goody as I gotta run I'm late for work at the circus tent

> @Mikey5e said:

> The scratch golfers would be up in arms if a bogie golfer wanted to start a thread asking for sub ten caps to stay out.

Nope. You rarely see those threads blown up. There are hoards of “ fat bottom girls “ threads that run for a year or more. ( reference to sgi irons ) exceptions exist of course. But. Those deals are cleaned up quickly because of the shear numbers difference.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

@Barfolomew, actually I replied in post #97, you then changed the thread name in post #99. Assuming a linear time which is stamped on the post, my original thought about coaches precludes your name change by about 6 hours. But I am pleased you see some of the logic of my post. Have fun at the circus :)

> @Pepperturbo said:

> @Mikey5e do you really believe that?

No, not really. Actually, I wouldn't mind if there were a better players section because I'm in tune with what a lot of people have said in here. As a 14 handicap golfer I don't think there's a lot I can tell to a scratch golfer that he doesn't already know or that will be helpful to him, at least about golf that is. There are many other topics that any level golfer can be helpful with, although. I would probably enjoy reading posts from scratch golfers as a learning technique. As far as I'm concerned create the section!