2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

NEW Aldila RIP-X Prototype Shaft Pics and Infomation

TollBros

> > @Rosco1216 said:

> > > @TollBros said:

> > > > @Rosco1216 said:

> > > > Oh here we go, welcome back to wrx. Finally!

> > >

> > > There you are! Haha.

> >

> > That redesign was a nightmare. It singlehandedly ruined wrx for me for 6 months.

>

> I've heard that from a lot of customers. It really hurt business for a few months too. Thankfully that phase is over.

Oh I imagine so.

This shaft looks promising

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

JT - I’m wondering if the tip stability, low torque and tight feel would allow me to not have to tip it as much as usual?

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

> @TollBros said:

> > @Rosco1216 said:

> > JT - I’m wondering if the tip stability, low torque and tight feel would allow me to not have to tip it as much as usual?

>

> I'd say that's accurate. We are tipping these a bit differently than most other shafts.

How does this compare to the RIPa version before this one?

> @Trying4Better said:

> > @TollBros said:

> > > @Rosco1216 said:

> > > JT - I’m wondering if the tip stability, low torque and tight feel would allow me to not have to tip it as much as usual?

> >

> > I'd say that's accurate. We are tipping these a bit differently than most other shafts.

>

> How does this compare to the RIPa version before this one?

Similar overall launch, but lower spin. Less overall boardy feeling with the extremely stiff tip, but still firm. What I really like about it is the accuracy that quicker tempo players are gaining with it. It's really good in that aspect and provides a very stiff tip and low torque performance but without it feeling so harsh, as sometimes shafts like this can.

How does the tip stiffness compare to something like the Ventus Black? Would launch and spin be similar?

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

> @TollBros said:

> > @Trying4Better said:

> > > @TollBros said:

> > > > @Rosco1216 said:

> > > > JT - I’m wondering if the tip stability, low torque and tight feel would allow me to not have to tip it as much as usual?

> > >

> > > I'd say that's accurate. We are tipping these a bit differently than most other shafts.

> >

> > How does this compare to the RIPa version before this one?

>

> Similar overall launch, but lower spin. Less overall boardy feeling with the extremely stiff tip, but still firm. What I really like about it is the accuracy that quicker tempo players are gaining with it. It's really good in that aspect and provides a very stiff tip and low torque performance but without it feeling so harsh, as sometimes shafts like this can.

The alpha I have now is crazy accurate. It really is amazing that for a stock shaft it can get that tight. Wonder if there is any distance gain/loss from the lower spin on the new one?

> @Snodork said:

> Subscribed!

>

> I'm still rocking the Rip Alpha 80s in my 3wd and the Rip Alpha 105s HYB in my 3 driving Iron, Both Are Superb still.

I have Rip Alpha's 70 and 80 ready to go in the rotation, if need be, along with the 105 Hybrid in my 2 driving iron. And, I agree with you...they are still relevant.

> @Trying4Better said:

> > @TollBros said:

> > > @Trying4Better said:

> > > > @TollBros said:

> > > > > @Rosco1216 said:

> > > > > JT - I’m wondering if the tip stability, low torque and tight feel would allow me to not have to tip it as much as usual?

> > > >

> > > > I'd say that's accurate. We are tipping these a bit differently than most other shafts.

> > >

> > > How does this compare to the RIPa version before this one?

> >

> > Similar overall launch, but lower spin. Less overall boardy feeling with the extremely stiff tip, but still firm. What I really like about it is the accuracy that quicker tempo players are gaining with it. It's really good in that aspect and provides a very stiff tip and low torque performance but without it feeling so harsh, as sometimes shafts like this can.

>

> The alpha I have now is crazy accurate. It really is amazing that for a stock shaft it can get that tight. Wonder if there is any distance gain/loss from the lower spin on the new one?

That would really depend on your launch data and what you need for your individual game. This could be the greatest shaft in the world for one player and simultaneously not well suited to another.

> @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> How much less are you tipping these than the Rogue 130 M.S.I. Series? If you tipped a Rogue 130 silver M.S.I. 70TX 1 inch what would you consider appropriate for the Rip-X prototype? I am considering ordering one of these in the coming weeks and am a bit curious. Also, do you have any launch or comparison data?

I'd be happy to go over all that with you when you are ready. It's not info I would be allowed to post openly as we use it you fit people.

> @shot-savior said:

> > @Snodork said:

> > Subscribed!

> >

> > I'm still rocking the Rip Alpha 80s in my 3wd and the Rip Alpha 105s HYB in my 3 driving Iron, Both Are Superb still.

>

> I have Rip Alpha's 70 and 80 ready to go in the rotation, if need be, along with the 105 Hybrid in my 2 driving iron. And, I agree with you...they are still relevant.

This is a modern, exotic material shaft based off of that profile. Just better feel, dispersion and energy transfer.

> @dan040286 said:

> Toll: any idea when the data and analysis will be coming in this one? Very interested for 2020. Thanks

That’s no longer their business model.

They test, give limited info on the hot ticket shafts they bring on for OEM’s, then fit you based on private conversations that are at a cost unless you buy the shaft from them

> @therealjonzone said:

> > @dan040286 said:

> > Toll: any idea when the data and analysis will be coming in this one? Very interested for 2020. Thanks

>

> That’s no longer their business model.

> They test, give limited info on the hot ticket shafts they bring on for OEM’s, then fit you based on private conversations that are at a cost unless you buy the shaft from them

>

>

Actually we have several customers who will be giving feedback on the product along with our data. We are simply waiting until those reviews start coming in so that everything happens together.

As for charging for time and info, we don't. We offer a consult with every customer, free of charge, to make sure the shaft suits them, and to make sure we get the set up correct. It does require a $40 good faith deposit which is 100% applicable toward purchase, so as I said, free of charge for legitimate customers. This helps us to use company time and resources in a way that is beneficial for BOTH parties involved, not just guys wanting free advice, which is honestly something we give plenty of in our posts and data. We love the interaction on the forums and spend a good deal of time answering questions and posting info, but as a business, the free stuff needs to be consolidated to the public forums.

> @TollBros said:

>

>

> > @therealjonzone said:

> > > @dan040286 said:

> > > Toll: any idea when the data and analysis will be coming in this one? Very interested for 2020. Thanks

> >

> > That’s no longer their business model.

> > They test, give limited info on the hot ticket shafts they bring on for OEM’s, then fit you based on private conversations that are at a cost unless you buy the shaft from them

> >

> >

>

> Actually we have several customers who will be giving feedback on the product along with our data. We are simply waiting until those reviews start coming in so that everything happens together.

>

> As for charging for time and info, we don't. We offer a consult with every customer, free of charge, to make sure the shaft suits them, and to make sure we get the set up correct. It does require a $40 good faith deposit which is 100% applicable toward purchase, so as I said, free of charge for legitimate customers. This helps us to use company time and resources in a way that is beneficial for BOTH parties involved, not just guys wanting free advice, which is honestly something we give plenty of in our posts and data. We love the interaction on the forums and spend a good deal of time answering questions and posting info, but as a business, the free stuff needs to be consolidated to the public forums.

Totally agree with you Jerry, I was simply stating that when you started you did provide a ton of free feedback and reviews, which supported the initial growth and revenue needed by partnering with WRX, and now allowed you to have the model which is in place today but still well received on here.

> @therealjonzone said:

> > @TollBros said:

> >

> >

> > > @therealjonzone said:

> > > > @dan040286 said:

> > > > Toll: any idea when the data and analysis will be coming in this one? Very interested for 2020. Thanks

> > >

> > > That’s no longer their business model.

> > > They test, give limited info on the hot ticket shafts they bring on for OEM’s, then fit you based on private conversations that are at a cost unless you buy the shaft from them

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Actually we have several customers who will be giving feedback on the product along with our data. We are simply waiting until those reviews start coming in so that everything happens together.

> >

> > As for charging for time and info, we don't. We offer a consult with every customer, free of charge, to make sure the shaft suits them, and to make sure we get the set up correct. It does require a $40 good faith deposit which is 100% applicable toward purchase, so as I said, free of charge for legitimate customers. This helps us to use company time and resources in a way that is beneficial for BOTH parties involved, not just guys wanting free advice, which is honestly something we give plenty of in our posts and data. We love the interaction on the forums and spend a good deal of time answering questions and posting info, but as a business, the free stuff needs to be consolidated to the public forums.

>

> Totally agree with you Jerry, I was simply stating that when you started you did provide a ton of free feedback and reviews, which supported the initial growth and revenue needed by partnering with WRX, and now allowed you to have the model which is in place today but still well received on here.

You're also correct sir. We do need to post more data, however it has been a pretty slow summer/fall for Protos and new releases. We've really only had a few proto lines all summer/fall. I'm hoping over the winter and into spring to get back to more data collection and posting. It's quite fun for me and I hope fun for the membership as well. It's a fine line between posting data and fun threads and being obnoxious. Haha. I never want to over saturate the forums with GGE posts and topics. Unless of course that's what you guys want us to do. :)

Just to let those know who have not used Toll's service. Or may wonder how a consult over the phone could possibly work.

I wanted a new shaft and started the process with Toll. I gave him all my numbers I could remember from a recent quad 4 session. SS, spin, launch smash. He gave me a couple.options he thought would work.

We discussed those options and based on how I like a shaft to feel we went with the Rogue White 130. He suggested a certain tipping also. Love at first Hit. The feel was exactly what I wanted and exactly what Toll said it would be. Ball flight was what he said it would be too.

As long as you give Toll real numbers and honest assessment of your swing. You will get a shaft that works.

Sorry. I'm a broken record about the Rogue White but it is going to save me a bunch of money. This shaft stays until I get too old and slow for it.

> @"mizuno player" said:

> Just to let those know who have not used Toll's service. Or may wonder how a consult over the phone could possibly work.

>

> I wanted a new shaft and started the process with Toll. I gave him all my numbers I could remember from a recent quad 4 session. SS, spin, launch smash. He gave me a couple.options he thought would work.

>

> We discussed those options and based on how I like a shaft to feel we went with the Rogue White 130. He suggested a certain tipping also. Love at first Hit. The feel was exactly what I wanted and exactly what Toll said it would be. Ball flight was what he said it would be too.

>

> As long as you give Toll real numbers and honest assessment of your swing. You will get a shaft that works.

>

> Sorry. I'm a broken record about the Rogue White but it is going to save me a bunch of money. This shaft stays until I get too old and slow for it.

Thank you. I'm very happy to hear how well the shaft is still working out for you. We've sold a ton of them and I know from customer feedback that many people feel the same way. Like the title says, it can be a real game changer. Aldila's high end lines are spectacular and can go head to head with any company in golf, both in quality and performance. They have really turned a corner the last 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple pics for you guys. Graphic are pretty sick IMO! I cracked something loose in my m5 head during the first round of testing and then switched to the m3 head mid round. As soon as I got the settings right it started to come alive. Weather the next 3 days will be almost 70 so I will have much more feedback for you guys!

Piretti Savona 

0scs4kepaq9b.jpeg

3x37w5ctl46z.jpeg

t7v43b8ottpa.jpeg

Piretti Savona 

I’ve been testing out this shaft and I’m absolutely loving it. It’s extremely tight and stable feeling yet responsive. Definitely a low/low shaft. All shafts I’ve tried over the years I’ve tipped around 2” and had playing loft 6.5-7.5* to get launch and spin in the window I wanted. I have this tipped 1” and actually went up in loft a full degree and it launching right where I want and WILL NOT go left.

If anyone has any questions or wants to know any more thoughts just let me know!

Piretti Savona 

Feels more stable in tip IMO. I could lose the white white left but not this yet.

I believe JT plans on releasing a little bit of data on the numbers it produces compared to other shafts in the same spectrum. On course testing has me sold thus far.

Piretti Savona