14 way stand bag

Got a Cobra stand bag last year, the leg stand mechanism is so horrible, I am ready to toss it. It is difficult to engage the legs and the spread is so narrow that my bag has fallen over countless times. Anyway, I brought my Titleist 14 way stand bag out of retirement, and realized that I really do like the 14 way top. I rarely walk but I do like having a stand for the range. Light weight is not a huge criteria for me, neither is being waterproof.

14 way top / smart design / stylish are my biggest wants

Top of my list are:

Titleist 14 hybrid = 5.6 lbs

I liked my last Titleist bag, decent amount of wear after 3 years or so. zipper areas seams parting, fraying where clubs go in / out. Would have liked a bit better durabilitySun Mountain 4.5 LS 14 way = 5.2 lbs

Never had a Sun Mountain bag, seems to always pull great reviews. Not a fan of many of their color combos, but black would be OKVessel Players 2.0 stand = 5.75 lbs

Top of my list for style. Seems that there have been some issues with durability when people use the cart strap on their stand bag. I don;t mind that things wear, but if I am paying top dollar - I'd want a good degree of durability vs wear marks in year 1.Ping Hoofer 14 = 5.4 lbs

Never had a Ping Hoofer but seems to get lots of praise. seems as though there are also complaints about the newer stands though. Color combos are mehthoughts? alternatives?

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

I've had the SM 4.5 for a few years and it's getting a little frayed so I just received a Titleist 14 Hybrid.

The SM is durable, well appointed and has a great strap system for me but I'm 57 now and wanted something lighter so I opted for the Titleist. It's a nice bag but I'm not sure the straps are going to be as comfortable. I've not carried it yet so we'll see.

If I didn't carry but wanted a stand bag, I'd get the SM for sure.

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Titleist 14 way hybrid is by far the best as a cart rider mostly imo. The thing is has that others do not is the ability to remove the straps completely. Its incredibly nice to use on a cart with no straps. Only feature its lacking in my option is a magnetic flap range finder pocket. Otherwise I like my Hoofer14 as a close second, but if I could I would switch to the Titleist in a heartbeat.

Had the Ping Hoofer 14 and absolutely hated it. The dividers are not full length and everything tangles horribly, big miss by Ping. I got rid of it after 3 months and now the current owner hates it lol.

I now have the Sun Mountain 4.5 LS 14 way and it is 1000 times better in every single way. If i needed to replace if for any reason I would buy another Sun Mountain in a heart beat.

I had a SM C130 Stand bag and loved it. Wanted something a little different after about 4 years so I went with the Ogio 514 RTC. It is awesome. It is basically a cart bag with legs. I would not recommend it if you are walking much but if you want a riding/push cart bag but with legs when you are at the range, Ogio is the way to go. I play oversized grips which is a pain in the butt if it does not have full length dividers. This bag has that so all good!

WITB
Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0*

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 15* 

Taylormade Sim2 Ti 19* 

Ping i525 4-UW

Titleist Vokey SM8- 54* and 58*

Custom Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

I have a 2017 Hoofer 14 and the club tangle is a pain in the neck. Not sure why they don't just go full length on all the dividers. I doubt it would add much weight. And the best color options are always the 14 way dividers lol

PING G25

PING G25 4W

TaylorMade Burner 3H

PING i200 4 - U

Cleveland RTX 2.0 54°, 58°

Mizuno MCraft II

What options are out there for 14way stand bags with full length dividers ? Have a Callaway fusion and some of the dividers have started to rip but its still better than without the individual full length dividers. Hopefully something else is more durable.

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-4g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket @13*, Aldila NV Green 55x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, Aldila NV Green 55x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), Project x Catalyst 60 6.0 +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r Standard

Ball: TP5X 2019/2024

The Taylormade 14 way is the best IMO. I thought the Callaway fusion was horrible. No cart strap through makes the thing bounces all over when/if you ride and the top design is really not intuitive to me at all (at least for my club set up). Didn't know where to put the putter, standard Super Stroke barely fit into the front slots which meant I had to go driver putter in the back two big ones, which then meant my three wood head cover kept going on top of the closest iron and banging around the shaft. I also don't particularly like the leg design of Sun Mountain/Callaway when riding, the stand to trigger the legs always seemed to make the bag to big to fit into the cart without going at an odd angle.

Taylormade FlexTech has an intuitive top design to me (driver/putter/3-wood at the top, three wedges at the bottom, 8 irons in the other 8 slots) and if I played another wood the center hole in the bottom is also bigger to allow for a bigger grip if I wanted putter to be there. Easy range finder pocket, easily accessible valuables pocket while walking. Strap through also means it doesn't move when I ride and because the leg mechanism is hidden, kind of similar to a ping, the bottom fits well on the cart. If all I did was walk I wouldn't want a 14 way but for the 2 months or so that we were walking only at my course with COVID it was comfortable on my back and worked well as a walking bag.

I tried to get rid of my Nike Hybrid and couldn't. I tried the SM C-130 and it was great on the cart and push cart but it was terrible to take to the range. I just sold that. I also had a Ping cart bag, which was very stylish but the layout was not the best. I have been using the Nike for going on 5 or 6 years now....its great to carry, good on the push cart and good as a cart bag. Plus its the Volt color which I really like.

Yep same issue here with the PING. Looking seriously at the Titleist Hybrid14

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Just transferred my clubs from the Four5 to the Hybrid14... the Hybrid14's dividers go the full length BUT there's not enough of them for every hole/club. In other words, each hole's not surrounded by divider so the clubs still get tangled down at the grips.

Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

A little off topic but think this is the best thread for my question - has anybody else found the sm4.5 to be really uncomfortable to carry?

I bought one a week ago and was quite excited because I really like my C-130. Been using a cheapo carry bag for a couple years and decided to invest in a quality one since I’ve made carrying a habit. After a few rounds, I’m still finding the fit pretty uncomfortable. I like for the bag to hang pretty much horizontal to the ground but when I adjust the straps to do so, the top/divider ends resting on my back while the pad sits beyond my left side.

im really hoping this is a result of my inability to get the straps adjusted properly as I love all the other features of the bag. Any advice?

if this is a common problem, I think I’m going to have to return this and replace with another bag. Thinking the titelist hybrid 14 would be my first alternative.

any help would be much appreciated!

I've owned all on the list minus the Vessel.

Depending on the year of your Titleist 14 way bag, you might actually have a Sun Mountain. SM made Titleist bags until around 2015ish. Here's my take on the ones I've owned.

Titleist Hybrid 14: Best looking of all of them in my opinion (if you like bold branding). Hybrid 14 (with cartstrap passthrough) much improved on the previous years Titleist 14 way bags. The previous models had crappy zippers and shoulder straps. The Hybrid 14 fixed those. Significantly better zippers and straps you could use if carrying. Good colors, plenty of pockets for organization. Reliable stand. Detachable straps (as mentioned earlier). But I hated the 14 way layout on top. If you can deal with it, it's a non-issue. But I didn't like the way my club arrangement lined up in there.

SM 4.5 14 Way: Best 14 way layout in my opinion. I like the 3, 4, 4, 3 layout. Great construction. Great straps. Finally added a cartstrap passthrough. Honestly can't go wrong. Could use some additional smaller pockets for more organization. Some colors are ugly.

Ping Hoofer 14: Bulletproof construction. Best straps. Best pocket layout / organization. Integrated rain hood, it is nice that it doesn't waste any pocket space. Magnetic range finder pocket is such a nice simple feature. Club tangle is a nightmare. If they fixed that, it would be the perfect bag IMO.

Nike Hybrid: Most comparable to SM 4.5 IMO. Good top organization, good stand mechanism. Pocket layout is average. Straps are ok. A solid "non branded" bag with more visual pop than a Sun Mountain IMO.

All that said, I have used a Ping Hoofer (5 way top) for a season and a half now. Love the "pocket layout / feature / quality" ratio. It kinda does everything for me. IMO the 5 way top lessens club tangle compared to the Hoofer 14, but it's still there. I deal with it due to the other strengths of the bag.

You'd very likely be satisfied with any of the above bags. They are all quality.

• Like 1

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus TR Blue 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X

Ping G430 3H, Ventus HB Blue 9X

Ping i230 4i DG S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Tri Hot 5k Seven CH

Ping Hoofer Lite

• 2 weeks later...

Made my decision...Just ordered a 2020 Titleist Hybrid 14...Grey/White/Mint.

• Like 1

Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

I just noticed the Titleist 14 way Hybrid is not full divider. Plus the retailer did not have the color I wanted...so the hunt continues. Is the Titleist non full diver an issue (club tangle) for those who have it? Tempted to go for the Sun Mountain 4.5 now (colors don't wow me though)

Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

Club tangle on the Titleist Hybrid 14 is far less than the club tangle on a Ping Hoofer 14. It's pretty negligible. Club ingress and egress on a SM 4.5 14 Way is second to none however.

Ping G430 MAX 10K 9*, Ventus TR Blue 6X
Ping G430 MAX 3W 15*, Ventus TR Red 7X

Ping G430 3H, Ventus HB Blue 9X

Ping i230 4i DG S300

Ping Blueprint S, 5-PW DG 120 S300

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F, 54S, 58M

Odyssey Tri Hot 5k Seven CH

Ping Hoofer Lite

I was kinda bummed to find that not all of the dividers were full length in my new Titleist Hybrid 14 HOWEVER I've not noticed ANY tangle in the ~6 rounds I've played with it so far. In other words, no difference between it and my SM Four5. Pleasantly surprised.

Also, I carried 9 holes last Friday for the first time with my Hybrid14 and though the bag worked, hung and executed just fine, I'm REALLY looking forward to receiving the Clickgear 4.0 I ordered 2 months ago.

Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron