2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

finally had a chance to watch what the fuss was all about this morning.  Can't happen to a better fan base, i.e. THE EAGLES! ha! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Thank you Commish for all of the enthusiasm, stats and maintenance of the blog. I enjoy ranting actually more than the picking. This is what makes it fun for me. Rooting for teams and posting the residual effects of each game you have the rooting interest in. Lots of fun. You can actually be a fan on here which is nice.

Sadly I finished just shy of 500 but no matter,it is a lot of fun to kid, rib and poke sarcasm into some of the evolving events which transpire in the NFL on a weekly basis.

I actually passed up many softball picks this year because I had no real take. But come next year I will try and build a foundation of positive picks before I take more aggressive pick stances. This was my lesson for the year. You always have to learn something from your mistakes LoL

But the fun is always here and for that I am grateful.

"Many Congratulations are in order for Puttnforthe8" That's a fine finish and a great year of prognostication. A tip of the hat to you Sir, may you never putt for another 8 again! that should be my mantra as well! 

Playoffs are here, and let's' all have a beer!

GO Burgundy and Gold! Brady needs to get rolled! 

Introduce Brady to Sweat and Young! 

Dreaming is nice.

• Like 3

I would like to thank my A, B, C, F, T, and Z teams for helping me right into next to last place. Great job guys. And you have a new playoff team you ask. Well you betcha. My new Brew Crew will be exclusively tanking me thru the playoffs and into oblivion. 

mqdefault.jpg

nov-5-2002-k19517esthe-crew-burt-reynoldssupplied-by-2000credit-image-DN7E7T.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'The 10-6 Dolphins watching the 8-8 Bears and the 7-9 Football Team make the playoffs SHNSTON w BALL TAGOVAILOA'

• Haha 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

3 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

I would like to thank my A, B, C, F, T, and Z teams for helping me right into next to last place. Great job guys. And you have a new playoff team you ask. Well you betcha. My new Brew Crew will be exclusively tanking me thru the playoffs and into oblivion. 

mqdefault.jpg

nov-5-2002-k19517esthe-crew-burt-reynoldssupplied-by-2000credit-image-DN7E7T.jpg

Lower photo. So Q your posse has bi bookends. That's a tad out of the ordinary for a global ladies man now isn't it?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

mqdefault.jpg

Reynolds has velcro closure bone colored senior cruisers (shoes) from the back of Parade magazine also. This is the second time that such fine footwear has graced this thread.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, touch said:

Lower photo. So Q your posse has bi bookends. That's a tad out of the ordinary for a global ladies man now isn't it?

YOU MESSIN' WITH DA CREW. YOU MESS WITH US CUPCAKE. 

webANX3000MilestoGraceland.jpg

• Haha 2

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Ahhhhhhhh that first week back when I was 3-0. Seems like decades ago. 

And yeah Commish you do an exceptionally exceptional job. Everybody knows that, just ask anybody. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Again since it is winter I drive just over an hour south to warmer temperatures on Mondays to play. Asheville is Elev 2388 ft and the upstate of South Carolina is Elev 994 ft. so it is at least 7 degrees warmer. It was a fantastic day weather wise. Sunshine and 54 degrees. 5 mph winds. It is a true treat to have that warm bright sun shining on you straight for 4 hours on a winters day in January. Peeling off a layer every 4 holes is a good thing to experience while golfing in the month of January.  I played the blue tees ( 6425yds - 71.1 - 137)  today because I was striking the ball rather well on the range prior to the round. Often in the winter I move up to the whites. Since I can't practice twice a week and play frequently anymore because of winter my scores have been creeping north. Me a 7 handicap. I started out without a wobble snagging 7 straight pars. I got a bit shaky in the middle of the round and coughed up  2 doubles. I then got it back and started playing really steady once again. Not one birdie but shot my number 79. Hey I've been struggling to break 80 for a few weeks so I'll take it. It was such an enjoyable day golfing. Then as I said I came back to the gratitude messages here from a few of y'all.   

It was a full on Cheshire Cat day as I said.  

I even got a little sunburn. Righteous. 

It was good to be the commish today. 

Runnin' down the avenue
See how the sun shines brightly in the city
On the streets where once was pity
Mr. Blue Sky is living here today, hey hey
Mr. Blue Sky please tell us why
You had to hide away for so long (so long)
Where did we go wrong?

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

Ahhhhhhhh that first week back when I was 3-0. Seems like decades ago. 

And yeah Commish you do an exceptionally exceptional job. Everybody knows that, just ask anybody. 

^ loved that post and your immediately seeing some Qqq 3-0 action. 🙂

Thank you for the kind works Qman. 

• Like 2

Hello from a spot in the U.S. were they grow a great deal of peaches. Spartanburg County, S.C.    

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

Lines for Wildcard Weekend up in the morning. Picking 4 games this week. 

Props!!!!

How about a round of shots for the 3 amigos who went all season long without a push?

Q, P3P, and touch. It's win or lose baby, no stinking ties allowed with these tough guys.

You dudes dig Q's new tat? 

A beer belly can double the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes,  dyslipidemia brain shrinking and sexual disfunction -Pharmacist Olewuezi  Alloy | Nationalimpact

Edited by touch
  • Haha 3

😀

Edited by touch
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, touch said:

Hello from a spot in the U.S. were they grow a great deal of peaches. Spartanburg County, S.C.    

Mike and lp .jpg

You guys need some sun...like real sun....can't tell where the dormant grass ends! 🤣  There has to be a fake tan place open!

Thanks a mil for a very cool NFL year.  I wasn't sure what to expect when I cracked open the door and peeked in...but it was awesome.  I feel lame considering all the other 'trash' posted. A bit like opening the door and seeing mommy and daddy wrastling.

SO..here is one more in memoriam of my regular season victory!!!  If your offended....I am sorry, but equally not sorry:

Edited by puttnforthe8
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

I know you would like to be here, hitting a shot at that tall saguaro on the right, 190 yds and your ball finishing 3 feet from the hole for birdie:

Saguaro Course at We-Ko-Pa Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona, USA | Golf Advisor

I don't play dog tracks with splotchy greens. If I am to pay $1100. monthly dues I want the color of my club's greens to be completely uniform.

And I would cut a 3 hybrid in from the stubbier saguaro behind the left edge of the green which would come to rest 2 feet from the pin. This par three calls for a power cut man. No stinking weak draws coming in from the right side leaving a long 3 footer.     jeez  

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lines for picks      Wildcard Weekend 

Make 4 picks 

Saturday

Indy      at       Buffalo -7                            52

LA Rams   at    Seattle -4 1/2                    42 1/2

Tampa -8 1/2   at   Washington                 45 1/2

Sunday

Baltimore - 3 1/2    at    Tennessee           55

Chicago   at   New Orleans -9 1/2             48

Cleveland    at   Pittsburgh -4 1/2              46 1/2     

• Like 1

8 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

....and if you are offended, I'll be good, and host you at the best course in AZ, at my member rate, if you ever come out here! 🙂

If I am in the land of sunshine then I am taking you up on that offer.

Thank you. 

• Like 2

Wondering on this Tuesday of the first work week in January just what might be some of the topics contained in the fine written words coming from Big Sky Country. I do know we will be getting a take regarding the Browns Steelers rematch. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

So Steely, what cha saying about the game being hosted at Heinz Field this Sunday Night? Will it be a solid enough Pittsburgh performance that sends Baker back to the mistake on the lake unhappy? We need to make 4 picks this weekend and some of us would like to know if you think the Stillers cover the 4 and a hook? 

This week it's a butt shot from ya is it ? Well of course you have a terrible towel in your pocket. Probably a half eaten  Primanti's Bros. sandwich in the pocket out front that ye be savin' too eh? 

Pittsburgh Steelers NFL Steely McBeam 8" Plush Mascot

Oh Q and I DO indeed know of your record off the field with the ladies Steel. Impressive.

NFL Week 14 Picks: Bengals take down Steelers, Texans stun Patriots -  CBSSports.com

Primanti Bros (@primantibros) | Twitter

Iron City Price & Reviews | Drizly

Heinz Field is hiring for event-day jobs: Steelers games, Pitt games,  concerts and more

And just for P3P 

Crosby, Penguins answer back with big win over Canadians to even series |  WKBN.com

Edited by touch
  • Haha 4

Puttfor8 was my final score on no17 at sawgrass after 2 in water but I refused to go to drop zone !

and I will agree. You guys need some real sun! Come to Florida! 

New Year’s Day in Florida was amazing. 60s and lots of sunshine. 

B0132338-9A88-4714-9496-53FF73A13D5C.jpeg.aef5a77d51bcceb321f993a04d24896e.jpeg

• Like 4

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Two weeks ago I focused on #19.  In my head I had Hey 19 by Steely Dan looping through my tiny mind.  The band named after a vibrator didn't propel me to the front of the pack.  My trip to Monterey was Covid cancelled but I still conjured up 5 memorable lines from Clint films and went oneferfive, effing pitiful.  Well, do I feel lucky?  Did I fire all the bullets in my chamber early and the slow descent to the basement is upon me?  We will have to find out.

40 years ago I found myself in the mezzanine enjoying a wonderful Grateful Dead concert, and I had to leave at 10:30 because 8th grade classes started early.  With Jerry at the wheel I am heading to buffalo and this time I am going back that avocado toast eatin' cowboy.  Give me the Bills and let's get Blame Game Rivers riding out of town with his 45 kids back to the big oil can.  BUF -7

I could tell you about the time Ichiro hit my kid with a foul ball, but why?  Rather, I was down with the sickness about 15 years ago, and we made the easy drive to Seattle to take in a couple of Jonathan Richman shows.  I didn't think I was going to make, but then magically about 2 hours before the show my fever broke and I was rockin.  As you probably all know, "They aren't even trying on the dance floor."  And this is the case for Russell Wilson until this week, but now its show time and I think they cover and win.  Hopefully Russell doesn't go to the lesbian bar because it can get out of control.  SEA -4.5

Jonathan Richman - I Was Dancing In The Lesbian Bar Live - YouTube

Steeltown, the home of so many shows.  I saw Jonathan there as well.  But let's go back to my ill-spent youth.  I was fortunate enough to see the 'Mats in a basement in 1988 or so, let's face it, we are all Shiftless when Idle.  BB sat, the other stars/old people sat this past weekend as well.  I think they wanted Cleveland, but at least they didn't pull the plug mid-game like their eastern counterparts which didn't help my prognostications at all by the way.  So I am pigging it on this game.  PGH -4.5 AND the OVER 46.5

Don't forget fellas, Sid Vicious famously said of Jonathan, "If it weren't for Jonathan Richman, all music would suck."  And this is probably why they (Sex Pistols) covered Road Runner.  Good luck to all!

Thanks commish for keeping the stats, I know I appreciate it, and welcome the efforts of all who participate.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, CHuntsman said:

Man, we just cant catch a break.  #BrownsLife

Damn that is so true . Coach Kevin out with a positive test is just now being reported. Special Teams coordinator gets the call. 

Let me see if I can find a few more points for Cleveland.  😁

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

Two weeks ago I focused on #19.  In my head I had Hey 19 by Steely Dan looping through my tiny mind.  The band named after a vibrator didn't propel me to the front of the pack.  My trip to Monterey was Covid cancelled but I still conjured up 5 memorable lines from Clint films and went oneferfive, effing pitiful.  Well, do I feel lucky?  Did I fire all the bullets in my chamber early and the slow descent to the basement is upon me?  We will have to find out.

40 years ago I found myself in the mezzanine enjoying a wonderful Grateful Dead concert, and I had to leave at 10:30 because 8th grade classes started early.  With Jerry at the wheel I am heading to buffalo and this time I am going back that avocado toast eatin' cowboy.  Give me the Bills and let's get Blame Game Rivers riding out of town with his 45 kids back to the big oil can.  BUF -7

I could tell you about the time Ichiro hit my kid with a foul ball, but why?  Rather, I was down with the sickness about 15 years ago, and we made the easy drive to Seattle to take in a couple of Jonathan Richman shows.  I didn't think I was going to make, but then magically about 2 hours before the show my fever broke and I was rockin.  As you probably all know, "They aren't even trying on the dance floor."  And this is the case for Russell Wilson until this week, but now its show time and I think they cover and win.  Hopefully Russell doesn't go to the lesbian bar because it can get out of control.  SEA -4.5

Jonathan Richman - I Was Dancing In The Lesbian Bar Live - YouTube

Steeltown, the home of so many shows.  I saw Jonathan there as well.  But let's go back to my ill-spent youth.  I was fortunate enough to see the 'Mats in a basement in 1988 or so, let's face it, we are all Shiftless when Idle.  BB sat, the other stars/old people sat this past weekend as well.  I think they wanted Cleveland, but at least they didn't pull the plug mid-game like their eastern counterparts which didn't help my prognostications at all by the way.  So I am pigging it on this game.  PGH -4.5 AND the OVER 46.5

Don't forget fellas, Sid Vicious famously said of Jonathan, "If it weren't for Jonathan Richman, all music would suck."  And this is probably why they (Sex Pistols) covered Road Runner.  Good luck to all!

Thanks commish for keeping the stats, I know I appreciate it, and welcome the efforts of all who participate.

most welcome sir 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• touch changed the title to NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly
  • touch locked this topic