Callaway Epic Max 10.5 Mitsubishi AVBlue 65 S
Callaway Paradigm HL 3 wood Hazardous Silver 60S
Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue AV

Ping I25 4-LW ZZ65 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2013

Bridgestone B RX
God Bless America

Stay Free

Would love to see/hear more about the Red... I think people too quickly wrote off this Mid spin, Mid/High launch shaft since its siblings by default fit into the majority's category mentally without taking angle of attack and/or tipping into consideration or in simpler terms, without much technical/logical thought behind it. Pretty sure Fujikura didn't make a Red because they were bored... 

• Like 1

TSR3 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6S

Stealth+ 15* w/ Ventus Blue 7S

TSR3 18* w/ Tour AD UB 8S

23' T200 4-6 w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

23' T150 7-PW w/ AMT White S300 Onyx

RTX 6 ZipCore 52, 56, 60 w/ DG Spinner

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

Please don't tempt me with your WTS/WTT posts...

9 hours ago, stevechooster said:

Would love to see/hear more about the Red... I think people too quickly wrote off this Mid spin, Mid/High launch shaft since its siblings by default fit into the majority's category mentally without taking angle of attack and/or tipping into consideration or in simpler terms, without much technical/logical thought behind it. Pretty sure Fujikura didn't make a Red because they were bored... 

Correct! Definitely not bored 🙂 It's a completely unique profile with stiff handle and softer tip than Blue & Black. And let's face it, with today's ultra low spin drivers drivers...golfers need some spin! that being said it's more of a mid spin shaft, by no means high spinning. 

• Like 2

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

30 minutes ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Correct! Definitely not bored 🙂 It's a completely unique profile with stiff handle and softer tip than Blue & Black. And let's face it, with today's ultra low spin drivers drivers...golfers need some spin! that being said it's more of a mid spin shaft, by no means high spinning. 

Fujikura - I'm sure no one would've have thought the Ventus Velocore would take off like this. To your point about driver heads being designed to be low spin (more than ever), do you see a pattern in the shaft industry for the majority of golfers and/or fitters gravitating towards the low spin shafts first? 

I don't see many people throughout forums or even at golf shops saying "you know what, using a shaft like a Red Velocore would be worthwhile considering vs a Blue/Black" and instead everyone gravitates towards the low spin / low launch shaft first. I guess part of me thinks this profile exists for a reason, but from a shaft manufacturer perspective, is the trend going away from a profile like a Red but still offered for marketing/strategic reasons? Is there something the general population isn't considering or being misinformed about or developing misconceptions based on what we see?

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

2 hours ago, stevechooster said:

Fujikura - I'm sure no one would've have thought the Ventus Velocore would take off like this. To your point about driver heads being designed to be low spin (more than ever), do you see a pattern in the shaft industry for the majority of golfers and/or fitters gravitating towards the low spin shafts first? 

I don't see many people throughout forums or even at golf shops saying "you know what, using a shaft like a Red Velocore would be worthwhile considering vs a Blue/Black" and instead everyone gravitates towards the low spin / low launch shaft first. I guess part of me thinks this profile exists for a reason, but from a shaft manufacturer perspective, is the trend going away from a profile like a Red but still offered for marketing/strategic reasons? Is there something the general population isn't considering or being misinformed about or developing misconceptions based on what we see?

When we started seeing improved center face contact and tighter dispersion on mishits we knew we had a winner. But yes, the popularity now is exceptional considering we launched the blue profile on Tour way back at the first event of the 2018-19 Tour Season in Napa! It is great to see.

In the late summer of 2019 when we launched the red & black additional profiles we did so to meet a need & demand on Tour and with our dealers/clubfitters to expand the line to offer different bend profiles and launch/spin options. We stand by being a fitting company and will never only offer a "one size fits all" approach. Look at Motore X F1 & F3. ATMOS TS Red, Blue, Black, etc.

There is not necessarily a trend right now other than occasionally Tour reps looking for a bit more spin for their players...but that does not mean they go towards ventus red over ventus black - it's whatever works best for their player's swing and clubhead setup. In the aftermarket all 3 of the profiles are strong with VENTUS Blue 6-S being the most popular/sold. That one is a great middle ground for a wide range of players with the stable tip and softer handle helping golfers load the club a bit better. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 10:22 AM, bladehunter said:

I’m still loving how when I stuck with the red  last year before it caught on , I got tons of crap for playing “ the high spin shaft “ .... I even had a guy I know well try to tell me that -during a round- as i hit it by his driver hole after hole. Lol.
I clocked 78% fairways hit with that combo this season .  And hit my all time longest several times.  That still shocks me , but I track everything round. So numbers dont lie.  It just flies straight.  And it gets up quick for me and flattens out.  I’m a low bullet hitter.  And always looking to get more carry.  This shaft does that without adjusting anything else.  And yet doesn’t raise spin.  Magical in a way.  

hilarous to see everyone want to try it now that Adam is playing it and quigley showed us just how good it is on his mini driver.  

it’s maybe the best kept shaft secret on earth in my opinion.  

It feels to me in recent years that low/low has become the desired characteristics and I personally see a lot of guys with low/low shafts that definitely should not be in them.  For many, many, everyday players w/sub 105 SS like myself that little bit of extra launch and spin you get w/a shaft like the Ventus Red is awesome.  Helps the ball stay in the air a little longer but you can still get some release and roll.  Its nice to see the pendulum swing back a bit.

• Like 2

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

2 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

When we started seeing improved center face contact and tighter dispersion on mishits we knew we had a winner. But yes, the popularity now is exceptional considering we launched the blue profile on Tour way back at the first event of the 2018-19 Tour Season in Napa! It is great to see.

In the late summer of 2019 when we launched the red & black additional profiles we did so to meet a need & demand on Tour and with our dealers/clubfitters to expand the line to offer different bend profiles and launch/spin options. We stand by being a fitting company and will never only offer a "one size fits all" approach. Look at Motore X F1 & F3. ATMOS TS Red, Blue, Black, etc.

There is not necessarily a trend right now other than occasionally Tour reps looking for a bit more spin for their players...but that does not mean they go towards ventus red over ventus black - it's whatever works best for their player's swing and clubhead setup. In the aftermarket all 3 of the profiles are strong with VENTUS Blue 6-S being the most popular/sold. That one is a great middle ground for a wide range of players with the stable tip and softer handle helping golfers load the club a bit better. 

Makes sense. I actually have a Motore X F1 6S and just picked up a Velocore Blue 6S from the BST forum, so I'm curious how this ends up! I do recall Trottie trying a few shafts at the Kingdom with a Fuji rep in one of his recent videos. 

You guys continue to make such a reliable and smooth shaft, it's unbelievable. Just like the Speeder debut, I'm sure this Ventus will be around for many years. Bravo, Fuji! 

• Like 1

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

18 minutes ago, stevechooster said:

Makes sense. I actually have a Motore X F1 6S and just picked up a Velocore Blue 6S from the BST forum, so I'm curious how this ends up! I do recall Trottie trying a few shafts at the Kingdom with a Fuji rep in one of his recent videos. 

You guys continue to make such a reliable and smooth shaft, it's unbelievable. Just like the Speeder debut, I'm sure this Ventus will be around for many years. Bravo, Fuji! 

Thank you! let us know how you like Ventus Blue

• Like 1

I’ve got the Red 7X in my Mavrik 3 wood.  Fantastic.  It keeps up easily with the TM Sim Rocket with 7X Blue in it and it’s a full degree higher loft (Sim is 14, Mavrik is 15).  Love the flight and it just flat out performs.  

Edited by My2Dogs
  • Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 hour ago, Rpete33 said:

Anyone know if you can tip a Ventus red more than two inches

I bought one tipped 2” , I’ll see if I can get the cpm #

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Unsure if this belongs here, but Louis O. was rockin' a Ventus Red in his wood (7W if I recall) today during the Masters. 

That red lightsaber look is looking mighty nice the more I see it... but like someone else said, it can be an expensive project haha. 

Edited by stevechooster
  • Like 1

Mezz.1 Max

ProV1

put me down as a 106-110 driver guy that does better with a little extra spin in the shaft ... and the head

When I finally dumped my 400 LST and low spin shafts and went back to the G400 max  .... and use a TI Blueboard 53x or Fubuki K 60x, the dispersion improvement was phenomenal

I have a motherload of Fuji shafts, probably 50, a lot of them the old school tour spec models.  Feel is incredible

I'm going to try a red 6x straight into the new G425, and if there was a 5x I'd give that a whirl

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

On 11/9/2020 at 1:32 PM, QuigleyDU said:

It is really good. I think it is just misguided or misinformed stigma.

It is funny, I showed it to a swing coach last Friday and he was shocked I had the red. He asked why that? It spins too much. Its a high handicap shaft and you swing too hard. I told him it does exactly what I want it to do. Launches a bit higher but is very very straight and I still get all the distance I could want out of it. 

I have a buddy who got 'fit' into the Pro 2.0 (standard, not TS) X Flex with a ~120MPH SS and he somehow hits it with 1800 spin and almost 300yds+ normally.

Have no idea how he does that with a 'blue' profile shaft, but he does.

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

2 hours ago, cardoustie said:

put me down as a 106-110 driver guy that does better with a little extra spin in the shaft ... and the head

When I finally dumped my 400 LST and low spin shafts and went back to the G400 max  .... and use a TI Blueboard 53x or Fubuki K 60x, the dispersion improvement was phenomenal

I have a motherload of Fuji shafts, probably 50, a lot of them the old school tour spec models.  Feel is incredible

I'm going to try a red 6x straight into the new G425, and if there was a 5x I'd give that a whirl

Pondering the same thing. If I get the message from Fuji right, Red 2 inches tipped = Black untipped

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 Mizuno MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Whatever the hell that new combo TS4i + Ventus red fits him like a glove 🥊 

1017B01E-DA6A-404C-A493-26DB95F6C009.jpeg.f121da70c48698a433de933320942a83.jpeg

• Like 2

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Fuji has a chart on the web stating the tip of the red is “Firm” and the black is “Stiff”, however these descriptions are relative. I played the black untipped in a SIM (and yes I made sure no standard TM 1 inch shaft tipping), and the tip was super stiff, not just “stiff” so I’m wondering if the velocore really stabilizes the red such that it plays like a relatively stiff tip shaft?  

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

On 11/12/2020 at 8:22 AM, drbonesvt said:

I bought one tipped 2” , I’ll see if I can get the cpm #

90x Tipped 2” ~ 285 to 295 ish depends on head weight , at that juncture at 90gram weight moving to black 9x is prob the answer 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

14 hours ago, Lemonde said:

Pondering the same thing. If I get the message from Fuji right, Red 2 inches tipped = Black untipped

This is not entirely accurate. Red also has a softer mid section than black, so they won't be identical. Again tipping 2" is extreme and you're essentially nullifying the softer tip section and preventing it to play as it was designed - to be higher launching than blue & black. if you think you need 2" tip on red then you should try Black.  We do not design our shafts to be tipped (especially not more than 1"), so by doing so you're changing the intent of the design.

4 hours ago, Lemonde said:

Fuji has a chart on the web stating the tip of the red is “Firm” and the black is “Stiff”, however these descriptions are relative. I played the black untipped in a SIM (and yes I made sure no standard TM 1 inch shaft tipping), and the tip was super stiff, not just “stiff” so I’m wondering if the velocore really stabilizes the red such that it plays like a relatively stiff tip shaft?  

Correct they are relative. Also, as a reminder VeloCore is a full-length technology- it is 4 layers of the bias core to stabilize the entire shaft, not just the tip. Yes the blue & black are the stiffest tip sections we've ever created, so that + VeloCore is a deadly combo of stability. VENTUS Red still has a fairly stiff tip relative to our other shaft lines, for reference in 6-X is comparable in Tip Flex to ATMOS TS Blue: Ventus 95, ATS Blue 99

• Like 2

Red 6x, no tipping for me.  Talking with my fitter right now in Toronto

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

16 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I have a buddy who got 'fit' into the Pro 2.0 (standard, not TS) X Flex with a ~120MPH SS and he somehow hits it with 1800 spin and almost 300yds+ normally.

Have no idea how he does that with a 'blue' profile shaft, but he does.

Most likely without seeing the gentleman’s swing , ++AOA and proper non flip release

unnamed individual has a majestic but powerful swing  

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

1 minute ago, drbonesvt said:

Not thread related , im going prob speak for most on here and tip our hat to fujikura for being on these threads and gutting out in the forum trenches with us every day golfer - thanks again for your time and product knowledge 

thank you for the shout out, it's our pleasure, happy to help!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cardoustie said:

Red 6x, no tipping for me.  Talking with my fitter right now in Toronto

Please provide an update.  I’m very curious.  Thxs. 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

On 11/13/2020 at 12:12 PM, Fujikura Golf said:

thank you for the shout out, it's our pleasure, happy to help!

C167660F-6A7B-45E2-A1D4-BAEF9E0E1A92.jpeg.c8e318b89478f48b7990de8321ce3140.jpeg

• Like 2

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN