2021 LPGA Contest

18majors

16 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

After a rough early season, at least she's now in the conversation. 

I like Yealimi's mental fortitude, she isn't easily discouraged.

She didn't start the year well in Florida; but her wheels came off when she's penalized $10,000 for slow play at Kia Classic.  She had 13 three putts at Kia and missed the cut at ANA a week after.  It took another ten tournaments before she notched her first Top-10 at Dow.  She had two more since.

Yealimi wasn't a young prodigy.  Her junior career paled in comparison to Lucy Li or Rose Zhang.  People didn't know her until she won Junior PGA, US Girls' Junior and Canadian Women's Amateur in succession in 3 weeks in summer of 2018.  She literally came of age then.  She capped the year by winning AJGA Rolex Player of the Year.

She's invited to play her first professional tournament at CP Women's Open (August 23-26, 2018) because of her Canadian Women's Amateur win.  She's already 17.  By comparison, Atthaya Thitikul has already won her first LET title at 14.  Yuka Saso is a month older and Atthaya 19 months younger than Yealimi.  Both are much further in professional development than Yealimi.

I found Yealimi to be the most similar to Nelly Korda.  Like Yealimi, Nelly had a good but not the most storied junior career and wasn't highly touted when she turned pro in 2017. 

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 1

At the conclusion of Trust Golf Women's Scottish Open on Sunday, August 15, 2021:

Congratulations to @MagicClassic407for the win!

This Week                           2021 Season

1.    @MagicClassic407                               30.34                                 406.32
  2.    @Lobby                                                24.12                                  472.28
  3.    @18majors                                            24.12                                  849.26
  4.    @BadgerLin                                          11.24                                  649.43
  5.    @Golf Dino                                            11.24                                 753.80
  6.    @agolf1                                                 11.24                                 776.67
  7.    @Argonne69                                         11.24                                 729.35
  8.    @jumpcut                                               8.58                                 424.29
  9.    @Sharrow                                              8.58                                  446.65
  10.    @Stooch                                                5.62                                  418.93
  11.    @Supermilo                                            1.48                                  324.27

Top-10 Players:

1.    Nelly Korda                                                                                          324.95
  2.    Lydia Ko                                                                                               223.61
  3.    Minjee Lee                                                                                           145.69
  4.    Jin Young Ko                                                                                       128.81
  5.    Brooke Henderson                                                                              122.82
  6.    Jessica Korda                                                                                      106.92
  7.    Jeong Eun Lee6                                                                                  106.26
  8.    Danielle Kang                                                                                       99.98
  9.    Sei Young Kim                                                                                      98.37
  10.    Hannah Green                                                                                      95.45

Bottom-5 Players:

1.    Bianca Pagdanganan                                                                          3.66
  2.    Sung Hyun Park                                                                                  5.54
  3.    Maria Fassi                                                                                          12.67
  4.    Brittany Lang                                                                                      16.23
  5.    A Lim Kim                                                                                            17.76

On 8/16/2021 at 9:26 AM, 18majors said:

At the conclusion of Trust Golf Women's Scottish Open on Sunday, August 15, 2021:

Congratulations to @MagicClassic407for the win!

This Week                           2021 Season

1.    @MagicClassic407                               30.34                                 406.32
  2.    @Lobby                                                24.12                                  472.28
  3.    @18majors                                            24.12                                  849.26
  4.    @BadgerLin                                          11.24                                  649.43
  5.    @Golf Dino                                            11.24                                 753.80
  6.    @agolf1                                                 11.24                                 776.67
  7.    @Argonne69                                         11.24                                 729.35
  8.    @jumpcut                                               8.58                                 424.29
  9.    @Sharrow                                              8.58                                  446.65
  10.    @Stooch                                                5.62                                  418.93
  11.    @Supermilo                                            1.48                                  324.27

Top-10 Players:

1.    Nelly Korda                                                                                          324.95
  2.    Lydia Ko                                                                                               223.61
  3.    Minjee Lee                                                                                           145.69
  4.    Jin Young Ko                                                                                       128.81
  5.    Brooke Henderson                                                                              122.82
  6.    Jessica Korda                                                                                      106.92
  7.    Jeong Eun Lee6                                                                                  106.26
  8.    Danielle Kang                                                                                       99.98
  9.    Sei Young Kim                                                                                      98.37
  10.    Hannah Green                                                                                      95.45

Bottom-5 Players:

1.    Bianca Pagdanganan                                                                          3.66
  2.    Sung Hyun Park                                                                                  5.54
  3.    Maria Fassi                                                                                          12.67
  4.    Brittany Lang                                                                                      16.23
  5.    A Lim Kim                                                                                            17.76

hopeless... hopeless... on to the next year LOL 🤣... let's track this year's qschool for new recruits! LOL 

At the conclusion of AIG Women's Open on Sunday, August 22, 2021:

Congratulations to @agolf1for winning the week:

This week                     2021 Season

1.    @agolf1                                  42.69                               819.36
  2.    @Stooch                                 41.44                               460.37
  3.    @BadgerLin                            38.18                                687.61
  4.    @18majors                              33.16                                882.42
  5.    @Golf Dino                              29.76                               783.56
  6.    @Argonne69                           29.76                               759.11
  7.    @Sharrow                                14.17                                460.82
  8.    @MagicClassic407                  13.47                                419.79
  9.    @Lobby                                   13.47                               485.75
  10.    @Supermilo                              12.97                               337.24
  11.    @jumpcut                                 11.62                               435.91

Top-10 Players

1.    Nelly Korda                                                                          334.02
  2.    Lydia Ko                                                                                228.01
  3.    Minjee Lee                                                                            167.69
  4.    Brooke Henderson                                                               131.89
  5.    Jin Young Ko                                                                         128.81
  6.    Jeong Eun Lee6                                                                    108.81
  7.    Jessica Korda                                                                       108.47
  8.    Sei Young Kim                                                                      107.55
  9.    Danielle Kang                                                                        99.98
  10.    Hannah Green                                                                       98.00

Bottom-5 Players:

1.    Bianca Pagdanganan                                                             3.66
  2.    Sung Hyun Park                                                                      5.54
  3.    Maria Fassi                                                                             12.67
  4.    Brittany Lang                                                                          16.23
  5.    A Lim Kim                                                                                17.76                                                         

Yealimi Noh has moved to Dallas, Texas.  Most likely to Frisco where Sei Young Kim, Jin Young Ko and In Gee Chun also call home.

Texas has no state income tax; which is super attractive compare to California's top marginal state income tax of 13.3%.   The more she succeeds, the more money she saves in Texas.

Edited by 18majors

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

Yealimi Noh has moved to Dallas, Texas. 

Could they just be renting a condo and simply using it as a mailing and tax address?

Noh is young...I think she might spend quite a bit of time at home in Cali with her family???

Unless she switched to a coach based in Dallas?

I believe SYR was influenced to move to DFW for tax and coaching reasons (Cameron McCormick).

I think Dallas has a bit of a Korean population....I think KJ Choi and MJ Hur live in DFW too???

FWIW...the club I belong to..... has a KJ Choi and Bruce Lee member....hopefully one day we get a Hee Young Park and In Gee Chun member.🤣

I think 80% of the twilight membership is Korean.

Does the IRS or other state tax agencies???...do principal residence audits?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, KBong said:

Noh is young...I think she might spend quite a bit of time at home in Cali with her family???

Yealimi has been the bread winner of the family since she signed a substantial endorsement contract with Hana Financial Group in February, 2019.  Her parents closed their Japanese restaurant in Concord, California in early 2020.

Yealimi doesn't have a driver license yet, so her parents travel with her to every and each tournament.  The only exception is her recent European trip; presumably because her parents were moving the family from California to Texas.  But, basically Yealimi is a baby girl who not only lives with her parents but can't live away from them.

Yealimi's swing coach, like when Lydia Ko in New Zealand, is a local guy based in Alameda, California.  It shouldn't be difficult for them to get together if needed.

Edited by 18majors

19 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Her parents closed their Japanese restaurant in Concord, California in early 2020.

I think there are 200+ sushi/Japanese restaurants here in the GVRD....there are quite a few owned/operated by the Chinese and Koreans....the one I frequent most is Chinese ownership.

I LUV sushi/sashimi. 

Just bought the $10.49 Costco chicken pot pie...never had it but supposedly really good...it went up 50 cents.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Do they have a young daughter like a young Yealimi Noh serving and waitressing?

"A little girl that could!"

I just do take-out.

A woman working the till and 2 guys making the sushi.

I get the $8.99 chicken teriyaki, cali roll, tempera and salad bento box....it use to be $6.99 pre-Covid.

The guy I golf with the most has a Japanese wife...she's an amazing cook.....took home economics as a major in Japan.

20 hours ago, KBong said:

I think there are 200+ sushi/Japanese restaurants here in the GVRD....there are quite a few owned/operated by the Chinese and Koreans....the one I frequent most is Chinese ownership.

I LUV sushi/sashimi. 

Just bought the $10.49 Costco chicken pot pie...never had it but supposedly really good...it went up 50 cents.

Yeah, true that.  But too bad so many have imitation crab instead of real crab.  Apparently that is happening with sushi places all over North America because of the over demand for crab and it is being met with imitation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

Yeah, true that.  But too bad so many have imitation crab instead of real crab.  Apparently that is happening with sushi places all over North America because of the over demand for crab and it is being met with imitation.

Since they're in Private Idaho (in the Symetra Tour), and we're talking imitation crabs here, might as well replace them with "Rock Lobsters!" 😛 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Golf Dino said:

Please use SPELL CHECK.

It's TRU DAT.🤣

This has been going on for years....do you know how much a Cali roll would cost if they used REAL crab?

Food prices have gone through the roof the last 2 years.

I was in the mall getting my haircut today.

I walked through the food court.

A 2 item on rice meal is $12.50 at Manchu Wok...WTH.

If you want some cheapa** food...have you been to a Chinese slop house in Chinatown called Kent's Kitchen....only $7.99 jammed pack filled 2 items on rice...this place also caters to the homeless addicts on East Hastings...LOL.

In 1992, when I got transferred out here.... a manager asked me if I wanted to go for lunch...I said yes.....he took me to Kent's Kitchen.

It was $3.99 or $4.99???....we ate there...both in suits.

This guy was spitting out his chicken bones on the floor...LMAO.

He told me....."you do know you don't bring Caucasian women here".🤣

I'm kinda addicted to this slop.

My wife threw up eating it for the 1st time in 1995...she HATES the garbage.

BTW/FWIW...took the wife to Tojo's in 97 for her Bday....I wasn't impressed...OVERPRICED and so so.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KBong said:

BTW/FWIW...took the wife to Tojo's in 97 for her Bday....I wasn't impressed...OVERPRICED and so so.

Well, that is the other side of the coin.  Tojo's was one of the leading restaurants in bringing sushi into the mainstream in North America.  And that has led to the above average prices.  

7 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

Please define "Love Shacks". I once choreographed the B-52s version of Love Shack for my dance students.

music videos 80s GIF

Huggin' and a-kissin', dancin' and a-lovin'
Wearin' next to nothing 'cause it's hot as an oven
The whole shack shimmies
Yeah the whole shack shimmies

i think you get the drift... I don't wanna be banned here LOL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Huggin' and a-kissin', dancin' and a-lovin'
Wearin' next to nothing 'cause it's hot as an oven
The whole shack shimmies
Yeah the whole shack shimmies

i think you get the drift... I don't wanna be banned here LOL 

Lol. I wrote an R-rated parody of the song, "Love Shaft." 

Got me a package that's as big as a whale... 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

4 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Well since you did write about  love shaft, it better be at least R-rated 😛

Well, it could be about a guy from West Virginia who's really into coal mining. 

I guess it would been titled "Mine Shaft."

🙃

Edited by Argonne69

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

1 minute ago, Argonne69 said:

Well, it could be about a guy from West Virginia who's really into coal mining. 

I guess it would been titled "Mine Shaft."

🙃

well, let's bring it back to golf, maybe someone can say golf shaft -- then turn it into something back related to the forum (blame it on me for digressing this topic all the way to idaho and b-52s -- LOL) 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

well, let's bring it back to golf, maybe someone can say golf shaft -- then turn it into something back related to the forum (blame it on me for digressing this topic all the way to idaho and b-52s -- LOL) 

I got me a driver, I hit it 2-20.. 

A stiff shaft,... 

Of course, these days it's more of a senior flex. 😕

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yealimi Noh has to be the luckiest person on earth:

1.    She shot +6 over ten holes at the last round of 2021 Marathon; but that round was wiped out clean because of the weather
  2.    She played just well enough to be picked for Solheim Cup
  3.    She played decent but was carried by Mina Harigae to win their 4-balls; then she played woeful but was gifted her Singles Match by Mel Reid
  4.    Meanwhile, her Instagram followers has increased from 38,100 to 47,300 since her best event of solo third at Amundi Evian Championship

Clearly, there're talents behind all those good lucks; but she really needs to count solely on her talent because luck will run out eventually.

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

Yealimi Noh has to be the luckiest person on earth:

1.    She shot +6 over ten holes at the last round of 2021 Marathon; but that round was wiped out clean because of the weather
  2.    She played just well enough to be picked for Solheim Cup
  3.    She played decent but was carried by Mina Harigae to win their 4-balls; then she played woeful but was gifted her Singles Match by Mel Reid
  4.    Meanwhile, her Instagram followers has increased from 38,100 to 47,300 since her best event of solo third at Amundi Evian Championship

Clearly, there're talents behind all those good lucks; but she really needs to count solely on her talent because luck will run out eventually.

I still think she was a good Captain's pick. Gotta give the young players a chance, so they'll be experienced in years to come.

• Like 3