2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Huge PXG Sale

meliaant

6 hours ago, sukkeun78 said:

Was looking at driver and hybrid...but $60 shipping was making me reconsider....Clubs are great deal though

Forgive me if Iam wrong, but I think that Discount Dans will do free/lesser shipping on PXG stuff.  Many, including myself, have dealt with them in the past and they are top notch.  

Really wanted a LH 19 degree hybrid but they were sold out! Bummer

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

16 hours ago, brkuck said:

Forgive me if Iam wrong, but I think that Discount Dans will do free/lesser shipping on PXG stuff.  Many, including myself, have dealt with them in the past and they are top notch.  

Does one lose the money back guarantee if they purchase through Discount Dans?

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

8 minutes ago, Dpavs said:

They dropped several prices again yesterday including the new 0211 irons which is now $99 per or $94 per if you order over the phone. That extra 40 off  on a set of 8 sure helps take the bite out of the $60 shipping.

Taking nothing away from the price drops, which is great, but the savings get eaten up quickly if lightweight MMT graphite or Elevate 95/Tour shafts don't work for you (that is, their no up-charge shaft selection sucks). 

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 and 5 Woods, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

So if I wanted to try a putter - a One and Done Armlock - and want to avoid the shipping charge ($30) can I order that through Discount Dan's?

Titleist TSR2 9* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evo II 661 X (with 20g weight in butt)

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5* w/ Graphite Design AD-DI 7S

Titleist TSR3 18* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist u505 3i 20* w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ 9S

Srixon ZX4 MkII w/ Project X LZ 6.0 5-PW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50@49* - Taylormade MG4 56* and 60*

LAB Golf Mezz Max Broom 79.5* lie, 45" or one of my Armlocks

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV or Maxfli Tour X

1 hour ago, jeffrey r said:

Taking nothing away from the price drops, which is great, but the savings get eaten up quickly if lightweight MMT graphite or Elevate 95/Tour shafts don't work for you (that is, their no up-charge shaft selection sucks). 

Agree on the shaft selection, especially regarding the steel shafts. It seems like they could offer a better selection of both their no charge and up-charge shafts. That said,  if I compare the 0211 to most other new offerings with say the Aerotech shafts ... the PXG are still hundreds less per set.

18 hours ago, Dpavs said:

Agree on the shaft selection, especially regarding the steel shafts. It seems like they could offer a better selection of both their no charge and up-charge shafts. That said,  if I compare the 0211 to most other new offerings with say the Aerotech shafts ... the PXG are still hundreds less per set.

Not really. When you add up charge for shafts grips and the shipping, could come out much better on something like the 921 HMP. 

it was actually a much better deal last year when the the prices were higher and the up charge shafts were $25

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JackpotJohnny said:

Not really. When you add up charge for shafts grips and the shipping, could come out much better on something like the 921 HMP. 

it was actually a much better deal last year when the the prices were higher and the up charge shafts were $25

Not sure I see that at all.. if I price both with Aerotechs for example here is what I come up with for a set of 8 clubs-

JPX 921 HMP with Aerotechs - $1399.99 (modified to reflect a less erroneous MSRP after seeing that GG was up-charging 108 per shaft for the SF's!)
PXG 0211 with Aerotechs, choice of grips and shipping $1,284.00

Edited by Dpavs

1 hour ago, Dpavs said:

Not sure I see that at all.. if I price both with Aerotechs for example here is what I come up with for a set of 8 clubs-

JPX 921 HMP with Aerotechs - $1,863.99
PXG 0211 with Aerotechs, choice of grips and shipping $1,284.00

My bad on that. I thought the steel fibers were a no charge on the miz. 
Not sure how you got over 1800. When I built 8 it came out to just less than $20 difference between the 2 after PXG tax and shipping vs going thru DD for the HMP. 
And if you bought them last week @ 115 the HMP would have worked out to be $60 cheaper. 

another example is back in March when the hybrids were $225 and the pro 2.0 was free. In reality it was cheaper than it was last week when it was down to $130 + the 100 UC. 
They are doing a great marketing a “sale” while moving the goalposts on everyone, but aren’t really as good of deals as they seem. 

1 hour ago, JackpotJohnny said:

My bad on that. I thought the steel fibers were a no charge on the miz. 
Not sure how you got over 1800. When I built 8 it came out to just less than $20 difference between the 2 after PXG tax and shipping vs going thru DD for the HMP. 
And if you bought them last week @ 115 the HMP would have worked out to be $60 cheaper. 

another example is back in March when the hybrids were $225 and the pro 2.0 was free. In reality it was cheaper than it was last week when it was down to $130 + the 100 UC. 
They are doing a great marketing a “sale” while moving the goalposts on everyone, but aren’t really as good of deals as they seem. 

Initially I went to the GG website and did a custom build on 8 clubs. I think their site pricing must be wrong... just checked it at another site and MSRP was only 1399.00. Went back and looked at GG again and they are up-charging 108 per shaft for the SF's... sheesh! Modified my post to reflect the correction.

Spot on regarding the shifting pricing. It's a lot like you do with CPO. As the offers change, you might easily find that the new offer is not really as good as the old one.

I also think it gets dicey when we start going down the road of what is a fair comparison and what is not I guess. I think the answer to that is more subjective than anything else. What the perceived value is for any two different things is going to be different for each of us. 

Edited by Dpavs

1 hour ago, Dpavs said:

Initially I went to the GG website and did a custom build on 8 clubs. I think their site pricing must be wrong... just checked it at another site and MSRP was only 1399.00. Went back and looked at GG again and they are up-charging 108 per shaft for the SF's... sheesh! Modified my post to reflect the correction.

Spot on regarding the shifting pricing. It's a lot like you do with CPO. As the offers change, you might easily find that the new offer is not really as good as the old one.

I also think it gets dicey when we start going down the road of what is a fair comparison and what is not I guess. I think the answer to that is more subjective than anything else. What the perceived value is for any two different things is going to be different for each of us. 

And in my mind, that’s the real genius behind all of it. They are pissing off their core faction, and the entire  industry so much with their discounts, that people even can’t help themselves but continue to buy even more product..products that aren’t even really a deal to begin with. 

And thats not even getting into how the discounts are designed to push people into stock offerings they shouldn’t be in anyways, so they can make even more $. 
It’s either, get fit and pay extra on the up-charges, or buy stock at a discount and we make it up on volume escalators in our contracts with Mitsubishi, TT and lamkin. 
They aren’t loosing $ either way, and they are busier than ever, and are adding jobs to the economy in the middle of a national crisis. The whole thing is a master class in marketing and strategy. 

14 hours ago, JackpotJohnny said:

And in my mind, that’s the real genius behind all of it. They are pissing off their core faction, and the entire  industry so much with their discounts, that people even can’t help themselves but continue to buy even more product..products that aren’t even really a deal to begin with. 

And thats not even getting into how the discounts are designed to push people into stock offerings they shouldn’t be in anyways, so they can make even more $. 
It’s either, get fit and pay extra on the up-charges, or buy stock at a discount and we make it up on volume escalators in our contracts with Mitsubishi, TT and lamkin. 
They aren’t loosing $ either way, and they are busier than ever, and are adding jobs to the economy in the middle of a national crisis. The whole thing is a master class in marketing and strategy. 

True to some extent I suppose but I don't agree that these are not a good deal. I sincerely feel that the clubs PXG offers are really very, very good sticks and I think that if you took a club like the new 0211's and stuck a name like Callaway or TM on it.. you'd see even the PXG custom order pricing jacked up another 300-400 easily. In this regards I believe they are offering a good value and true bargain.

Edited by Dpavs
  • Like 1

I don't understand where PXG wants to go from here. They've built this reputation (deservedly or not) on high end performance for a high end price. That has come with a level of exclusiveness for the brand. However, for the past 6-9 months, they've been selling some clubs at over 50% off. I can't imagine that they can go back to selling at full price again, so will they shift the brand image to a bang for the buck company? Or maybe they look to emphasize more of their clothing line?

7 minutes ago, bmrowe said:

I don't understand where PXG wants to go from here. They've built this reputation (deservedly or not) on high end performance for a high end price. That has come with a level of exclusiveness for the brand. However, for the past 6-9 months, they've been selling some clubs at over 50% off. I can't imagine that they can go back to selling at full price again, so will they shift the brand image to a bang for the buck company? Or maybe they look to emphasize more of their clothing line?

I'm thinking if they might be working towards setting up 3 tiers of pricing for their clubs... not sure though... I am kind of waiting to see what they come out with for the Gen 4 series. That may tell us more about what direction they are heading.