Dormie Club - Fully Private Starting 5/1/21

spineshank

such a bummer. I love Dormie but the hassle now of having to "make a call" is really a bummer. Hopefully once southern pines is complete that trifecta of Mid Pines and Pine Needles will keep me content. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X
Miura AS-1 4-P Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 50,55,60 Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron X5

It is hard to imagine they have enough people paying membership fees to go full private. Every time I played out there, it was about half capacity. I don't like that I cant book there any longer. 

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM2 9* AD-BB7x
Taylormade M2 3W
Titleist 913Hd 20*
Srixon Z585 w/Nippon 125TX 
Cleveland CBX2 50* & 56*
Odyssey 2Ball Fang

1 minute ago, alaaro said:

Well good thing Im playing it in April. Very excited - been on my bucket list for a while. 

Have to let us know what you think of it.  I personally think it is a fantastic course but I like C&C courses. End of March for our group. I am the only one who has played it prior so everyone in our party is excited to see it.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mljones99 said:

Sad to hear as it's one of my favorites but I've played it 3 times so I'm not going out of my way to try and get on before they shut down public play.

Same. Ive had the pleasure of playing it like 6 times. Still will be bummed i cant anymore. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5*

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

Titleist T150 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM9 54* | 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

• 2 weeks later...

I called a few days ago to find out if I could get on while I'm down here in Pinehurst for about a month. They told me I'd have to book a package through Talamore. I'd love to play it, but not badly enough to book a package when I already have a place to stay and other courses on my list. Bummer it's not easier to get on while it's still public.

9 hours ago, jdg0928 said:

I called a few days ago to find out if I could get on while I'm down here in Pinehurst for about a month. They told me I'd have to book a package through Talamore. I'd love to play it, but not badly enough to book a package when I already have a place to stay and other courses on my list. Bummer it's not easier to get on while it's still public.

You can book a one round package through the travel company... You don't have to book other rounds or a hotel.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

• 4 weeks later...

Im visiting Pinehurst in mid April for two weeks and would love to play Dormie.

Is booking through Talamore the only option?

WITB 2023

Titleist TSR3 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6x
Callaway Apex UT 17 Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7x
Sim 2 Rescue 19* Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85X

TaylorMade P770 2017 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 120x
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*,54*,58*
Scoty Cameron Phantom X 9.5
Titleist Pro V 1 or TP5.

Titleist Linksmaster Club Bag

That's really odd news to hear.  I've played it twice, but didn't think it was worth the drive down from where I was living at the time.  I'd rather save the money and play at Pinehurst or Tobacco Road.  With that being said, I think the 18th hole was one of my favorite finishing holes in the area.

When they first built the place, wasn't it supposed to have two courses and a fishing/hunting club?  Find it hard to believe that they have enough membership (even with the 5+ other courses in their network) to make it.

L-bppuUTwhqvpdKaUMunDz4k4hV-sMF4S9lvBtHv5M_OAX0CkfVgOEonV1dfr_EUrf1o0y-9bOfmzg4vyGcqxNLayNPTwpJebwKwEsh9yNk6cKuk-SqFrmI0gBETqPWfek8cnfbuuWVuDJSX5upcpwcs1LQ53S8kovjc51m8GtXJYUrJnKcq3Nk1AO8yQM9h2PbNM7HQuwVUASfPF4nsXPiGDW37-GC7QJlAaWdoiA5WSu8s-7xhoakVZLHa657uCJqVLaQArBNJdrgpBiUg5AwSsD1NBwecUAtd8qJXyAJLVja-2ZQ3_d1wW2i4-VADbByy5U6PqzPZTA4khUaXJIw2kEIIOX3C8ph1WeHbGIi2tGkLixiZstdmsFdGskoZE2yzPolNfvJallMnGoo5JFLYZ99s8C8s-OTtKMCmLhwANqGBtroeh-bqmxyJNphCc9X_LyZKqXh3ZRqs1eHNGekquv0XbUCYiRBqzPWPSS-ifkDFIG4Qdg-1jQtzmo-76mlXHAiQpacPdWQdAGaFYYtTK475th5xXrFzZUnfj2uAhvjrf7HgOZLSaKMH0diDs1oRMzu575fytw-EFOR9GGf1z8N686om3ClO-NjpV5ym5FvmFdWZ704ZLemaFFlODaHIRYt85bO8_M-a0iBwArS0hpYaIvTTmC9Yn-ictZBRW0OkNag1B-0cKS23zpICPb6kGxSutVp58rYOwxsDhqXEIA=w1537-h867-no?authuser=0

bPtaDydri1yC-sDvLpS9ICN_jTFiMNuvM540Ou7AwiPnoDQBc-TuzqEfsIIyO5bWasndJvHFrvABZiqqi3NoAwhKV3P2qDfUvFKNxBTqTr49YIQXrEL1JpZhS5pg6-yKNRJiBQESqKZ2K8vrPw9uc6bIeiqtnc0HPs8J4DSCc92SUxMLztVSF44sm295PthMfJ_SfpJ6ImptcS0UwLmDuEX0jAbTYPsyQwgV7bVUNDTGjhkzS196lQP-JborwudR6A01lw7krKCVFZJTHSfJajoFpc1TQQnFOyVfNJEmav1Jb7CJyx7jAdZ6RsCZBKRqm2Be-iLp8EC94ABbcehTYKGLYdLnp3pBOA7jrXeTYvsobxEZx5rd8FTvW_lFvaO9yak_49nirF0WpWyCNG7krtbF7CMa-1ekET_3JzQIKKTOAsNZWNQFCJxrIiXWYsEm7c7qZZ0R1fWj1upO5D4sqtY_GKHEcVlYV1jktgN8uCxWBQgVX3HMyuyv12k3NYOv00SDmsRcVq24BboL_5aNKOH9s8o3KM_fmi_7lCsSSOlw7n2R1dwfSrcKfq1c246HUBXnyEGEyeD2uAaj9Ok6aluGUhWPvNuDZy9mXZ0bedgLXOCf_Qr6gW3Q3QRX5KQ7dQie11rq86BsUHmFJD2Iisr7RbIfnh_el0qTYBU0ihtsIAG7X83Q6k94fL6zAUCtJdgcNItLrpRKGoT0Qk7MNY5rzQ=w1537-h867-no?authuser=0

a9J4GIpIdmjDzM6tIKT4D0Uujm6uYVlOHO5uECuibR-DERHCtK0eumZBZpMglgOfb3A-SxDbEmfUEUSA3DjUNEp_z6sW2YrVzk2asTK2mHlm-IfNxOZIuKxiwLDaCih1hl3voYmy0phP3IwyRx8ebmZPHFea3bPycJdeZfjd9LVA8qBrOGLPc_P6VzC1pFZDTOstHI0GpNhWNojnzMIMkTVu08pfdeddlbbML1Zp8PCtEPQKj-8gI3JzHPAqjXbr1ysazcg2o5CKQO5xKtAAWiBsQvKyNCs-_wVo8F1yoDsGo97j0Jt_VsPzuNeEgajjTMGFwjPuJw5gX7CQ1WWA5mleSZ_Eeg2cL1wtvv6_foSKtXbxCqec5D7ll1TDU9idgrq7O4PSZP4-TaMb64Y3lUiNn7eLdQ3bshGX_WettErIj_nxoqefbrG-BtVpU4mpR8jEfbe17xNuUQlWczAYYUWiEVvZ2CXy3icmRLMg7Ir5W7EU5GQYuABfZPrVWYkdRJYVhPCul004PUFC3EmFf_sNDHQpbqnCIm3-UeQkoDVoY7V1zg_QeLd01bZVkcqYKoXNZUqvtNlFET0qYsELpGZu_Jck3cDA5RUHdq_pCXN47_AoQgd5UCUpLXHXSG-6sUAFYYZAir-0huCSXpOZRytk8JteA0KBTwVr9rS2mPjJKSCCGbkcUc1RivUTR7dP112DXWZ_7D4DGKDdU86FAW3KVw=w1537-h867-no?authuser=0

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

11 hours ago, CactusGolf said:

That's really odd news to hear.  I've played it twice, but didn't think it was worth the drive down from where I was living at the time.  I'd rather save the money and play at Pinehurst or Tobacco Road.  With that being said, I think the 18th hole was one of my favorite finishing holes in the area.

When they first built the place, wasn't it supposed to have two courses and a fishing/hunting club?  Find it hard to believe that they have enough membership (even with the 5+ other courses in their network) to make it.

Didn't we start the tournament on a hole with the tee shot over water? That was a tough tee shot. 

• Haha 1

Taylormade SIM2 9* AD-BB7x
Taylormade M2 3W
Titleist 913Hd 20*
Srixon Z585 w/Nippon 125TX 
Cleveland CBX2 50* & 56*
Odyssey 2Ball Fang

56 minutes ago, PGood said:

Didn't we start the tournament on a hole with the tee shot over water? That was a tough tee shot. 

Yes we did!  I think the 5th hole, super early in the 18.  I remember it because the tee shot I hit was so far on the heel, I nearly missed the ball and was worried that it wouldn't even cover the water.

The next hole was mean too.

• Haha 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2021 at 7:24 PM, CactusGolf said:

L-bppuUTwhqvpdKaUMunDz4k4hV-sMF4S9lvBtHv5M_OAX0CkfVgOEonV1dfr_EUrf1o0y-9bOfmzg4vyGcqxNLayNPTwpJebwKwEsh9yNk6cKuk-SqFrmI0gBETqPWfek8cnfbuuWVuDJSX5upcpwcs1LQ53S8kovjc51m8GtXJYUrJnKcq3Nk1AO8yQM9h2PbNM7HQuwVUASfPF4nsXPiGDW37-GC7QJlAaWdoiA5WSu8s-7xhoakVZLHa657uCJqVLaQArBNJdrgpBiUg5AwSsD1NBwecUAtd8qJXyAJLVja-2ZQ3_d1wW2i4-VADbByy5U6PqzPZTA4khUaXJIw2kEIIOX3C8ph1WeHbGIi2tGkLixiZstdmsFdGskoZE2yzPolNfvJallMnGoo5JFLYZ99s8C8s-OTtKMCmLhwANqGBtroeh-bqmxyJNphCc9X_LyZKqXh3ZRqs1eHNGekquv0XbUCYiRBqzPWPSS-ifkDFIG4Qdg-1jQtzmo-76mlXHAiQpacPdWQdAGaFYYtTK475th5xXrFzZUnfj2uAhvjrf7HgOZLSaKMH0diDs1oRMzu575fytw-EFOR9GGf1z8N686om3ClO-NjpV5ym5FvmFdWZ704ZLemaFFlODaHIRYt85bO8_M-a0iBwArS0hpYaIvTTmC9Yn-ictZBRW0OkNag1B-0cKS23zpICPb6kGxSutVp58rYOwxsDhqXEIA=w1537-h867-no?authuser=0

bPtaDydri1yC-sDvLpS9ICN_jTFiMNuvM540Ou7AwiPnoDQBc-TuzqEfsIIyO5bWasndJvHFrvABZiqqi3NoAwhKV3P2qDfUvFKNxBTqTr49YIQXrEL1JpZhS5pg6-yKNRJiBQESqKZ2K8vrPw9uc6bIeiqtnc0HPs8J4DSCc92SUxMLztVSF44sm295PthMfJ_SfpJ6ImptcS0UwLmDuEX0jAbTYPsyQwgV7bVUNDTGjhkzS196lQP-JborwudR6A01lw7krKCVFZJTHSfJajoFpc1TQQnFOyVfNJEmav1Jb7CJyx7jAdZ6RsCZBKRqm2Be-iLp8EC94ABbcehTYKGLYdLnp3pBOA7jrXeTYvsobxEZx5rd8FTvW_lFvaO9yak_49nirF0WpWyCNG7krtbF7CMa-1ekET_3JzQIKKTOAsNZWNQFCJxrIiXWYsEm7c7qZZ0R1fWj1upO5D4sqtY_GKHEcVlYV1jktgN8uCxWBQgVX3HMyuyv12k3NYOv00SDmsRcVq24BboL_5aNKOH9s8o3KM_fmi_7lCsSSOlw7n2R1dwfSrcKfq1c246HUBXnyEGEyeD2uAaj9Ok6aluGUhWPvNuDZy9mXZ0bedgLXOCf_Qr6gW3Q3QRX5KQ7dQie11rq86BsUHmFJD2Iisr7RbIfnh_el0qTYBU0ihtsIAG7X83Q6k94fL6zAUCtJdgcNItLrpRKGoT0Qk7MNY5rzQ=w1537-h867-no?authuser=0

a9J4GIpIdmjDzM6tIKT4D0Uujm6uYVlOHO5uECuibR-DERHCtK0eumZBZpMglgOfb3A-SxDbEmfUEUSA3DjUNEp_z6sW2YrVzk2asTK2mHlm-IfNxOZIuKxiwLDaCih1hl3voYmy0phP3IwyRx8ebmZPHFea3bPycJdeZfjd9LVA8qBrOGLPc_P6VzC1pFZDTOstHI0GpNhWNojnzMIMkTVu08pfdeddlbbML1Zp8PCtEPQKj-8gI3JzHPAqjXbr1ysazcg2o5CKQO5xKtAAWiBsQvKyNCs-_wVo8F1yoDsGo97j0Jt_VsPzuNeEgajjTMGFwjPuJw5gX7CQ1WWA5mleSZ_Eeg2cL1wtvv6_foSKtXbxCqec5D7ll1TDU9idgrq7O4PSZP4-TaMb64Y3lUiNn7eLdQ3bshGX_WettErIj_nxoqefbrG-BtVpU4mpR8jEfbe17xNuUQlWczAYYUWiEVvZ2CXy3icmRLMg7Ir5W7EU5GQYuABfZPrVWYkdRJYVhPCul004PUFC3EmFf_sNDHQpbqnCIm3-UeQkoDVoY7V1zg_QeLd01bZVkcqYKoXNZUqvtNlFET0qYsELpGZu_Jck3cDA5RUHdq_pCXN47_AoQgd5UCUpLXHXSG-6sUAFYYZAir-0huCSXpOZRytk8JteA0KBTwVr9rS2mPjJKSCCGbkcUc1RivUTR7dP112DXWZ_7D4DGKDdU86FAW3KVw=w1537-h867-no?authuser=0

currently approaching 2000 members (across the whole network) per the guys I talked with at the pro shop. 

I loved it, but then again I love most Coore Crenshaw tracks so I’m biased. 

New clubhouse/pro shop nearly done. Should be looking pretty good by the summer. 

57 minutes ago, CDM said:

Just played it Wednesday.  Cottages and new clubhouse are nearly complete as noted.  Course is just excellent and almost everyone in our group liked it better then No.4  and some better then No.2.   *Think No.2 was playing a bit hard for some of the players LOL

I prefer #4 to #2

#2 has a lot of history, but the difficult green complexes are the real teeth of the course, otherwise it's just long and flat. 

As a "play it regularly" course I'd take Dormie over #2 for sure. #2 is a bucket list course but not one I'd want to play every day. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CDM said:

Just played it Wednesday.  Cottages and new clubhouse are nearly complete as noted.  Course is just excellent and almost everyone in our group liked it better then No.4  and some better then No.2.   *Think No.2 was playing a bit hard for some of the players LOL

NO doubt, Dormie is far superior in my mind to Gil Hanse's cookie cutter re-do of Pinehurst No. 4. I think I remember 1 or 2 holes on No. 4 (we played last October and there's no reason why it shouldn't have been at it's peak conditions).. I've played several other C&C designs including one of their originals, Kapalua Plantation, and I loved Dormie from the very beginning. Few modern courses have better variety and utilize the natural landscapes / terrain better than Dormie. The greens are difficult but in a subtle sneaky way unlike the greens across town at Pinehurst #2 (of course, can't argue with #2's brilliance) Hole #8 (long par-4) - followed by tiny little par-3 9th and then a monstrous (and I hear controversial) par 5 10th are about as good of a 3 hole stretch as any in the Carolina's.

Another thing I really like about it is that it's playable for all levels of golfers. One of C&C's design tenants is that they tend to avoid forced carries, but if there is a forced carry, it's from a perfect lie (i.e. off the tee).

Dormie's about as unique in a positive way as any course I've played in the area, I hope to return one more time before it's off limits.

7 hours ago, putterboy75 said:

The greens are difficult but in a subtle sneaky way unlike the greens across town at Pinehurst #2 (of course, can't argue with #2's brilliance) Hole #8 (long par-4) - followed by tiny little par-3 9th and then a monstrous (and I hear controversial) par 5 10th are about as good of a 3 hole stretch as any in the Carolina's.

Another thing I really like about it is that it's playable for all levels of golfers. One of C&C's design tenants is that they tend to avoid forced carries, but if there is a forced carry, it's from a perfect lie (i.e. off the tee).

Dormie's about as unique in a positive way as any course I've played in the area, I hope to return one more time before it's off limits.

Building off of this, I really like the "playable for all levels" aspect as well. C&C courses for lower level players they are just happy to be in the fairway. Better players you recognize how much the angles matter, or there is a strategically placed cross bunker, or a speed slot you can take advantage of, etc. 

Dormie I really felt like could be more of a "home" course than a resort destination.  A course I could play over and over and find new things to appreciate each time. 

What is controversial about #10? Just the length? I thought it was pretty playable in spite of the length and liked the variety of a true 3 shot par 5...

Dormie checks a ton of boxes for me:

-Short par 4 that you at least think about trying to drive

-Varying length par 3s so you try different shots (from 115 to over 200)

-Elevation changes

-Naturalist/minimalist style

-Great green complexes

-Secluded/non-residential

16 hours ago, ND2005 said:

Building off of this, I really like the "playable for all levels" aspect as well. C&C courses for lower level players they are just happy to be in the fairway. Better players you recognize how much the angles matter, or there is a strategically placed cross bunker, or a speed slot you can take advantage of, etc. 

Dormie I really felt like could be more of a "home" course than a resort destination.  A course I could play over and over and find new things to appreciate each time. 

What is controversial about #10? Just the length? I thought it was pretty playable in spite of the length and liked the variety of a true 3 shot par 5...

Dormie checks a ton of boxes for me:

-Short par 4 that you at least think about trying to drive

-Varying length par 3s so you try different shots (from 115 to over 200)

-Elevation changes

-Naturalist/minimalist style

-Great green complexes

-Secluded/non-residential

I thought #10 was just fine too, but apparently the hole has been changed three times to arrive at its current form (check out this review from Golf Club Atlas for hole-by-hole details) Basically, as the article says, C&C wanted to avoid a forced carry off a downhill lie (re-reading this now I remember how it was pretty difficult) so they modified the wetlands, then the state of NC came in and said the wetlands had been compromised so they had to reverse some of the previous work and ended up cutting the fairway in half at some points.. I think at the end of the day, some people just don't like it because it's too long and hard, and wasn't what C&C originally intended. It does seem a bit out of place but you can't hate a hole because it's hard!

Agree on everyone one of your points about Dormie checking the boxes, I'd add that the staff was very friendly even to first time guests (I'd imagine they really don't like to see these folks on the tee sheet)

We also played in < 4 hours (unfortunately I was playing with my Dad and he made me ride) but there's something to be said for speedy play.

With the elevation changes and seclusion, I'd never have known I was near Pinehurst.

Am planning to play Chechessee Creek down in S.C. in the coming weeks, it looks very similar.

Can you only book rounds at Dormie via Talamore ?

WITB 2023

Titleist TSR3 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6x
Callaway Apex UT 17 Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7x
Sim 2 Rescue 19* Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 85X

TaylorMade P770 2017 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 120x
Titleist Vokey SM8 50*,54*,58*
Scoty Cameron Phantom X 9.5
Titleist Pro V 1 or TP5.

Titleist Linksmaster Club Bag

On 4/4/2021 at 1:28 AM, putterboy75 said:

I thought #10 was just fine too, but apparently the hole has been changed three times to arrive at its current form (check out this review from Golf Club Atlas for hole-by-hole details) Basically, as the article says, C&C wanted to avoid a forced carry off a downhill lie (re-reading this now I remember how it was pretty difficult) so they modified the wetlands, then the state of NC came in and said the wetlands had been compromised so they had to reverse some of the previous work and ended up cutting the fairway in half at some points.. I think at the end of the day, some people just don't like it because it's too long and hard, and wasn't what C&C originally intended. It does seem a bit out of place but you can't hate a hole because it's hard!

Agree on everyone one of your points about Dormie checking the boxes, I'd add that the staff was very friendly even to first time guests (I'd imagine they really don't like to see these folks on the tee sheet)

We also played in < 4 hours (unfortunately I was playing with my Dad and he made me ride) but there's something to be said for speedy play.

With the elevation changes and seclusion, I'd never have known I was near Pinehurst.

Am planning to play Chechessee Creek down in S.C. in the coming weeks, it looks very similar.

You'll love Chechessee. 

I didn't think it was the best hole on the course but I didn't really have a problem with it. Of course I bombed my drive and then hit a lovely R->L three iron that cut to the left of the fairway bunker and left me a nice short iron approach. Easy to not hate the hole when you play it like it is meant to be played...

2 hours ago, gaffs said:

Can you only book rounds at Dormie via Talamore ?

1 hour ago, ND2005 said:

For the next 3 weeks

Until the end of the April. You can book through Talamore and Tobacco Road, not sure if there are others places that can book.   

I think this month the rate went up in the mid $200's for a round.  Not sure just what I heard as last month it was $165.00

On 4/4/2021 at 2:28 AM, putterboy75 said:

Chechessee and Dormie are VERY different golf courses. I'd play Dormie 8/10 rounds between the 2. 

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X
Miura AS-1 4-P Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 50,55,60 Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron X5

11 hours ago, drl1534 said:

Playing Dormie Saturday for the first time (and probably last) through Tobacco Road on a trip package. Any thing specific to know before playing? 

What kind of specifics are you looking for?

It's no frills golf and a construction site currently. The temp clubhouse is a trailer. The driving range is on a temp setup they have to shuttle you to, and is irons only. 

The golf course is in fantastic shape as of a couple weeks ago, greens in particular. 

If you want to know more about the course itself, breaking 80 and golf club atlas have hole-by-hole reviews

26 minutes ago, ND2005 said:

What kind of specifics are you looking for?

It's no frills golf and a construction site currently. The temp clubhouse is a trailer. The driving range is on a temp setup they have to shuttle you to, and is irons only. 

The golf course is in fantastic shape as of a couple weeks ago, greens in particular. 

If you want to know more about the course itself, breaking 80 and golf club atlas have hole-by-hole reviews

Just info on the course and any other “know before you go” type things. I did know about all the construction and range. Thanks for the hole by hole info though. That will be helpful