GAINBRIDGE LPGA (FEB 25-28)

8 hours ago, Stooch said:

That's why I would recommend getting a generator, sure it sits around 95% of the time collecting dust and you question why you purchased it.  Then something like this happens and it pays for itself.  We had an Ice storm a couple years back and lost power for 3 days at Xmas (in Northern Canada) and I didn't miss a beat.  Although I do have a wood stove in my home so even sitting in the dark wouldn't have been horrible as I still would have been warm.

2013 ice storm by any chance? I still remember it a bit since I just moved into a new house then... I think we got our power by night but lost it at 10am... 

9 hours ago, Lobby said:

No.   We left San Antonio to stay with kids in Houston, because surely apartment complexes would have a better chance of keeping the utilities on than a private residence.

Yeah, right. 

Our house didn't lose power nor water.  No busted pipes either.

But apartment?  48 hrs without power, 72 hrs w/o water, plus a boil water notice when water came back on.

Apartment got to temps in the 40's F during the storm.  Brrr.

Sorry to hear... have

a friend lost power in their house in woodlands for 24hrs and temps also got into 40s... They're originally from tropical southeast Asia, much like the Jutanugarns, Kelly Tans and Bianca... Needless to say, I had to give them tips to survive those temps indoors... hand warmers and layering... 

Edited by HMHS
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 3:34 AM, Argonne69 said:

I don't see any reason she can't average 69.5, similar to her scoring average in 2015. Hit some fairways with moderate length, and take advantage of her excellent short game and putter. She's probably in the best physical condition of her young career. The courses haven't changed much over the past half decade, so there's really no reason she can't return to her peak form. 

Like Jordan, she simply needs to keep the technical aspects of her swing out of her head, and swing freely. 

I don't disagree with the above.  I keep struggling with what this will translate to in terms of wins.  Up until now I've thought even if she was "back," 20 wins / 3 majors would be a pretty good end outcome (roughly saying she has 5 more years of peak playing time).  Just that there are many other players that can win any week (all the stuff mentioned before), and having to "go for it" vs. beating everyone to death in the game of consistency (when her, Stacy, and Inbee were winning the most).

But if she can get the driving to around average (both distance and accuracy), she may surprise on the upside (I think when I looked before JYK driving was not really a strength, just not a big hole and she clobbered the field elsewhere).  Some people just have something else in them that produces results.

It's kind of a question from here forward is she (just) a really good tour player (but largely forgotten once done) or someone that forever lasts in the history books (although not at the pace she was on).  Obviously because of her record to date, she will be in the history books so my question is a bit nuanced.  I wonder the same for Spieth.  Hopefully the show is entertaining, as they are both good for their tours.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 18majors said:

@Lobby, @MagicClassic407 and I believe in Lydia Ko enough to pick her for our contest.

One of the biggest questions is whether Jin Young Ko or Sei Young Kim can play at their near-69.00 or sub-69.00 level.  I've my doubt, and I'm betting Nelly/Brooke/Lydia combo will beat out Jin Young/Sei Young/Inbee this year.

A big call!

Edited by Raving Shanker

I am sure that Lydia can win again. I still think length is overrated - because certain courses do not play to the long bomber game. Every time a big hitter wins a tournament, men or women, we get analysts out of the woodwork explaining to us that the writing is on the wall for the mid-length hitters. Then some skilled, mid-length players win and they go quiet for a few weeks. I am conceding that golf in general, men's and women's, is getting longer, and the short hitters are left behind. But the length of the women is evolving faster than the golf courses can match.

And anyway, Lydia is mid-length, not short.

Working against Lydia is the depth of very good players, but that afflicts everyone.

• Like 2

I went down and then up the tee times at Lake Nona.  Jenny Shin has starred on Insta since Covid started.  There isn't a close 2nd.  Whan should have acknowledged her before he quit.  Salas, NYC & the other Khang are also inspirational Insta stars.  In Gee Chun is on the list too, although her posts are mainly driver's license and passport photos.   

Edited by fanofseri

Go Jin-young equipped with a new swing, Kim Se-young raised physical strength, and Park Seong-hyun pledged to revive.

"While staying in Korea, Jinyoung went down to Gangjin, Jeollanam-do and trained for about two weeks, focusing on swing correction, which he had been doing since last year. I left with faith in the changed swing because I had only been stuck with swing correction until I went to the United States."

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 1

Duncan and Ko are both members there so I would assume they're going to play well.

Our members have been practicing there with them quite a bit (Song, Haeji K, not sure about Yang she might have been in S Korea recently) so I assume they will as well.

It's a nice course. Still no spectators allowed and which is probably WHY Lake Nona let them play the Gainbridge there, Lake Nona is a really stuffy club and not setup for a public event.

Hopefully one of my buddies can grab a few tickets for me.

• Like 3

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

30 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

Dear Santa,  Please send me Annika's swing - I'd love to have something so seemingly simple and consistent the rest of my days.  P.S. Don't send money - send it to my friends, with her swing I'll end up with it anyway. Yours truly, Lifetime Believer

I know right?!  Her swing has held up because it's so simple and repeatable.

• Like 2

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

3 minutes ago, tbowles411 said:

I know right?!  Her swing has held up because it's so simple and repeatable.

And I'm sure an expert will tell me why I'm wrong but to me you could put her and Langer side by side and I see a lot of similarities - maybe those have something to do with longevity (in her case, yes I understand she hasn't been competing),

Edited by Hawkeye77
  • Like 1

Lydia sure looks like Lydia of old. Decent day driving. A little short, but definitely straight. Solid iron play. Hot putter. Voila. Fun to watch. 

OK, or should I say KO, I did get a chuckle out of the Ko-leader joke. 

Otherwise not a lot of surprises, including Yani DFL, and Maria not far ahead. Oy. 

Danielle slow out of the gate. Hope she can get hot quickly. Ditto Sei Young. 

We've beat this one to death, but Brooke needs a fresh set of eyes looking at her putting. 

Course looks tough. They'll have a fairly rare over par cutline. Definitely like these new courses over the past year mixing it up. 

Oh, Tom? Lake Nona is a we but further from Tiburon than 30 minutes. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

10 hours ago, Argonne69 said:

We've beat this one to death, but Brooke needs a fresh set of eyes looking at her putting. 

The most frustrating thing for me with Brooke, is it's her speed control from all distances.  Speed control is literally the one  thing you can practice in putting and improve on lol.  So I gotta start questioning the commitment being put in to improve that aspect.

• Like 2

Lydia will have to fight for this one... the vultures are circling. 

What on earth has happened to Sung Huyn Park? Almost at the bottom of the field. I can't believe her technique has collapsed. Is it something emotional/social? Or a recurrence of the shoulder injury? She's been playing on the KLPGA, didn't check her results there. 

Edited by pmcuk

According to LPGA.com  NBC Sports is streaming 2:30-5:30

nbcap_live_200x200.jpg?w=55

• February 25 Golf Channel (Stream ET)2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
  • February 26 Golf Channel (Stream ET)2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
  • February 27 Golf Channel (Stream ET)12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
  • February 28 Golf Channel (Stream ET)12:00 - 3:00 p.m.

24 minutes ago, MagicClassic407 said:

Well, if +2 holds up, Annika is in. Even more impressive for me with her story thrust into the public eye this week, is Madelene Sagstrom. After shooting a 77 yesterday and being +6 thru 15 today, she went birdie - birdie - eagle to finish at +2. SISU Nordic sista.

Pretty awesome finish.  Watching her and Annika on the coverage yesterday was great.  Like the earlier poster I would love Annika’s swing.  It looks so simple.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi1 10 degree driver 

TM Stealth 4 and 7 woods
M6 hybrid
PXG 0211 irons (5 to G)
Vokey 54 D grind 58 D grind
Scotty Newport 2.5 Special Select

TM Tour Response balls

H2NO stand bag

1 hour ago, 8602081 said:

According to LPGA.com  NBC Sports is streaming 2:30-5:30

nbcap_live_200x200.jpg?w=55

• February 25 Golf Channel (Stream ET)2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
  • February 26 Golf Channel (Stream ET)2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
  • February 27 Golf Channel (Stream ET)12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
  • February 28 Golf Channel (Stream ET)12:00 - 3:00 p.m.

Strange, I saw it on the NBC Sports schedule earlier but now it seems to have dropped off? Was hoping to stream it today.