2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Miura Irons - do they outperform others?

LowAndLeft32

On 9/23/2021 at 8:48 AM, Tree Levino said:

Something about the head weights being higher, the shaping of the clubs... whatever it is they just work for me. Went to a few other things over last off season and the beginning of this year but inevitably my best scores and ball striking are with Miuras. Currently in TC201 which are really nice. Lower offset than some of their other CBs. Short irons still feel like blades. The long irons are a bit spinny for my liking. Going to mess with shafts a bit as the spin with X100 is pretty high and the overall static weight is up there and can get tiring in the long irons when playing a lot. Also, lots of guys don't play the 4 iron because it bunches with the 5 due to excessive spin (Ancer, Ian from TXG and others I've noticed). I'm playing a u500 which gaps much better. Miuras flat out perform. 

You still playing 201s?

Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5*

9 hours ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

So I’m actually looking at Miura’s s55 and mp32. What irons are you playing? What Miura’s have you played? What iron is your favorite? Thanks. 

Currently playing a Blueprint/S55 combo.

I've played Miura RAC, '07 Tournament Blades, MB-001, CB-57, MB-101, TC-201, MG CB-1008, plus various wedges.

Favorite is the Tour Stage Z101. Best irons I've ever played but they're good for about 90-100 rounds and need replacing.

You're Welcome.

Edited by nitram
  • Like 1

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

It’s possible but probably not by much and not noticeable for most people.  The problem is that very few people have access to testing data.  

One friend in golf world says there is a dispersion difference between forged vs cast perimeter weighted for center strikes.  Another friend in golf world says all good forged are more or less the same.  Another friend in golf world has seen the molecular composition and density of Miura vs other brands and says it’s far superior.

I personally think the unique feel is a lot of what some people attribute to it being a superior iron even if performance differences might be close to negligible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nitram said:

I've played Miura RAC, '07 Tournament Blades, MB-001, CB-57, MB-101, TC-201, MG CB-1008, plus various wedges.

Favorite is the Tour Stage Z101. Best irons I've ever played but they're good for about 90-100 rounds and need replacing.

You're Welcome.

Wow quite the list. So I guess I should just stick with the blueprints instead of searching for a replacement? 

3 hours ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

Wow quite the list. So I guess I should just stick with the blueprints instead of searching for a replacement? 

That's up to you and how well you game the BP's. I love Miura irons. But I play 200+ rounds a year and I simply wear them out too quickly. The S55 have been in my top 3 irons all-time since they were introduced almost a decade ago. And their durability is legendary. I still prefer a blade in the scoring irons and am hoping to get more life out of the BP's, since they're made from 8620. So far (since Jan.12) they've served me extremely well.

• Like 1

The answer to better golf is work your butt off and learn how to hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

9 hours ago, nitram said:

That's up to you and how well you game the BP's. I love Miura irons. But I play 200+ rounds a year and I simply wear them out too quickly. The S55 have been in my top 3 irons all-time since they were introduced almost a decade ago. And their durability is legendary. I still prefer a blade in the scoring irons and am hoping to get more life out of the BP's, since they're made from 8620. So far (since Jan.12) they've served me extremely well.

So what other 2 make into nitrate top 3 all time? 

On 4/16/2023 at 7:04 AM, nitram said:

You're Welcome.

Can I ask one last question. Really narrowing it down. How do the s55’s feel vs the Miura’s or other forged blades? Thanks for the help. 

2 hours ago, LowAndLeft32 said:

Can I ask one last question. Really narrowing it down. How do the s55’s feel vs the Miura’s or other forged blades? Thanks for the help. 

I’ll equate the feel and sound of the S55 vs Miura like this. PING irons are traditionally more firm than most JDM irons and S55 are no different. Think Vokey vs just about any forged wedge. The forged usually sound and feel better but considering how many Vokeys are golfers bags, it’s not a critical issue.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nitram said:

I’ll equate the feel and sound of the S55 vs Miura like this. PING irons are traditionally more firm than most JDM irons and S55 are no different. Think Vokey vs just about any forged wedge. The forged usually sound and feel better but considering how many Vokeys are golfers bags, it’s not a critical issue.

It’s a good observation. I will say this about Ping (and I love their products), they sound SO good to me when I hear other people hit them, but it doesn’t translate the same to my senses when I hit them. 

i bought a set of i200s after hitting next to a guy on the range that had a set. They sounded so soft and solid that I had to try them. I got them and they felt solid but sounded much louder and firmer to my ear. That said, my absolute favorite feeling iron was a set of Ping s56s with TIs400 soft stepped. Absolute joy to hit, but I’ve never recreated the feel. 

As for Miura, I picked up a set of CB57s a while back after being blown away by them in the simulator. There is not a better feeling more beautiful iron, IMO, than a traditional Miura forging. On the course, their leading edge didn’t suit me, unfortunately. I much preferred the Blueprints, and would happily game them again. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished a full bag fitting as an anniversary present. Shocked myself and bought the PI-401 irons when I was expecting to buy forged "player's" irons. The performance was really good with the 401s and they felt great despite not being a forged body.

The three best performers for me were the  T-100s, Miura 302, and the PI 401 after hitting virtually every iron in the category with a variety of shafts--and I know that the 401s are not considered "player's" irons. The numbers for me ultimately were noticeably better with the 401 than any other iron so I went that route and am aware that it is not a classic Miura. My numbers weren't as good with the Srixon ZX7 MK 2 but they felt the best to me of non-Miura irons and I currently play Mizuno MP 67s. 

Long story short, I wound up buying Miuras not because I thought they were "better" but because my numbers with one particular model of irons were considerably better than any other iron I was testing. I was able to try any combination of head and shaft I could possibly have wanted to buy so I am comfortable that I bought the best set for me. I like how they feel, but I would buy whatever helps me play best irrespective of looks or feel. 

Edited by DWSharp09

• 6 months later...

@MiuraGolfInc  post considerable research & testing out a LH 6 blade went in for a full set of LH CBs and @MiuraSan these are the simply the very best irons ! Unbelievable improvement in the consistency and limited dispersion compared to my GIs prior to. Thank you Miura San and all the reviewers here you helped me make the decision 🙏🏽 - simply love them and they are so buttery sweet to hit that I am even excited to hit the range regularly now ! Almost made a hole in one the very first round with these clubs . They have virtually erased the often unexpected pulls and wider dispersion I used to have with the previous GI Epic Forged JVs I had .

would highly recommend for anyone being a mid handicapped 12-15 myself 

On 6/10/2021 at 10:12 AM, copegolfer said:

haha Yes, so I am a little biased.

Do they truly outperform others? Prob not, but everybody has a different interpretation of performance. What sold me on them was the attention to detail and the story & process behind the father & sons working together. 

I am a sucker for stuff like that as my brother & I joined the family business once we were of age. 

CP

Thanks for your honest response as I was a little worried that maybe you drank the Kool-Aid Lol! Nothing wrong with being a little biased

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip