2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb

6 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

I don't know if I'd go that far.  I have no issue owning a Tyson Lamb ball marker but am really not interested in owning a Tyson Lamb putter.  I have as good a putter in the DH89 that his would not offer anything mine doesn't already have.  Also, mine is made from GSS and I am sure I couldn't touch a Tyson Lamb GSS for less than $8,000 or so. 

I get the analogies of a Circle T headcover on a Cleveland putter or a Mercedes steering wheel on a Ford F150.  I feel the same way regarding the BMW M badging on a car that isn't an authentic M.  I own a BMW F36 and would never think to put M badging on my car to make it appear as something it is not.

This brings me to my point.  I can critique what I do for me but I won't ever tell someone, or infer, what they do is not right, is tacky or what ever.  Who am I to offer my opinion to what someone else does if it does not directly impact me?  So for those who want a Circle T headcover on their non-Circle T putter, Mercedes steering wheel on a Ford F150, or M badging on a non-M car who is it for me to make a comment?  At the end of the day unless I am feeding them, funding them or f****** them it is none of my business.  I will keep my opinions to myself and move along.

I get what you're saying and the logic behind it... but your last statement on keeping your opinions to yourself... I think you just offered a very good opinion prior to that statement.... There's nothing wrong in voicing opinions as long as the listening public is not forced to accept it against their will.  

I'm with you on your M badging btw.

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - Callaway Paradym 20* Arch-Kams UTH
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

7 minutes ago, LionGolfer said:

I get what you're saying and the logic behind it... but your last statement on keeping your opinions to yourself... I think you just offered a very good opinion prior to that statement.... There's nothing wrong in voicing opinions as long as the listening public is not forced to accept it against their will.  

I'm with you on your M badging btw.

I may have.  😁  

At the end of the day I’ve come to realize that what a person does with their money is their business.  Unless some asks me my opinion it really shouldn’t matter.  who am I to rain on someone’s parade.  Cheers!

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

• 7 months later...

I followed him on IG since the beginning. He’d post a lot, haven’t seen a post in a while. Same with stories. 

i guess at the end of the day, he’s a putter maker for his friends only? 

Idk why I bumped this thread but I had saw a ball marker of his for sale and remembered I haven’t heard from this name in a long time. I remember the old thread. 

Edited by Yanki01

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

45 minutes ago, italianstallion said:

I got royally screwed over by a deep-pocketed Lambassador after I found a deal on a rare Halloween cover on eBay. Two hours after I purchased the headcover for $385 my order was canceled. Someone had posted the original insane deal I got to the Lamb Facebook page, congratulating whoever it was that landed it. After my order was canceled I came forward on the post explaining that my order was canceled. A ton of people got riled up about it, including inner circle people who vowed that if someone undercut me they would not be welcome in the community. A Lambassador reached out to me and offered to sell me one of his extras for $1,300, which was a nice gesture but I didn't have that kind of cash for a head cover.  After a few months of some expert level sleuthing I found out the person who had made the deal with the eBay seller was the same Lambassador who offered to sell me his extra for $1,300. I had pictures, messages with the eBay seller confirming who purchased it out from under me, and a documented trail of lies and deception from the Lambassador in question all along the way. Privately, other Lambassadors and Tyson's mom gave the impression that they would help me, but when I realized I was just being paid lipservice I decided to take it more public. I posted all that information to the Facebook group, where for two hours it had to have been the most popular post ever made in that group. After the post was made, all the Lambassadors circled the wagons and went silent. Two hours later Tyson's mom deleted the post and any evidence of what happened. The guy who screwed me over ended up selling the headcover for $2,100 and is still welcome to all the big Lamb events. He even got a prototype putter 2 months later.

The people in that inner circle post about how it's all a community and everyone is equal, but these are people you are better off not being around. It's not about community or friendship or anything like that. To them it's only about using Tyson to make a buck, which to me is sad. 

More information than you're probably looking for, but my advice is to find a different guy to make you a putter, play golf, and skip the drama.

sheesh. nope not a cult. 

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Rather get something handmade by @golfluvzme Lamont Mann or @majic Tad Moore , who I actually think are class gentlemen. I am absolutely not going to bash Tyson Lamb, as don’t know the guy- just the group association seems to have more red flags 🚩 than a Chinese Communist Party parade. 

Edited by Mitchell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

6 minutes ago, Yanki01 said:

sheesh. nope not a cult. 

When I went to sell all my stuff you should’ve seen the sharks in the water. I had top Lamb guys reaching out to me with lowball offers on my putter trying to get it at a good price so they themselves could flip it. I let a lot of my accessories go for cost to people I knew were just average collectors, but I made sure to get top dollar for my putter on the way out the door. 

• Like 1

[sign here]

7 hours ago, Yanki01 said:

I followed him on IG since the beginning. He’d post a lot, haven’t seen a post in a while. Same with stories. 

i guess at the end of the day, he’s a putter maker for his friends only? 

Idk why I bumped this thread but I had saw a ball marker of his for sale and remembered I haven’t heard from this name in a long time. I remember the old thread. 

Prob mad that scheffler went with Logan when lambs in DFW 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

48 minutes ago, rjp322 said:

Lambs suck plain and simple. They are complete idiots when it comes to business. I used to collect a ton and got tired of dealing with their BS. Tana and I have gotten into it multiple times

Well this sounds like story time. 

Big glass of tea, extra hot. 

• Haha 3

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

9 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Well this sounds like story time. 

Big glass of tea, extra hot. 

lol they just make promises they can’t keep and are fueled by greed. That’s the cliff notes. They want you so spend spend spend and give you false hope that you can eventually get a putter and given they don’t make putters, it’s just a blatant lie

• Like 1

in a fairness lambs website DOES NOT mention putter production, products NOT putters , machining expensive ball markers 👍

IMG_7829.jpeg.714c7599a3a7f84ac60293cce841968d.jpeg

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

29 minutes ago, drbonesvt said:

in a fairness lambs website DOES NOT mention putter production, products NOT putters , machining expensive ball markers 👍

IMG_7829.jpeg.714c7599a3a7f84ac60293cce841968d.jpeg

Then why does he post pics of putters hes made on Instagram all the time?  They deserve 0 fairness at this point.  They have shafted hundreds of collectors with the promise of a putter that never came

• Like 2

Stories like this is why I prefer working with small boutique putter makers who aren't out to fleece people for what they can.  I have found that there are putter makers who do it because of the love of the game and the craft (Byron Morgan, David Mills, LaMont Mann, etc.).  Then there are some who catch lightning in a bottle and their brand becomes bigger than they are.  I know of two putter makers who got bigger than their britches and they have amassed a cult following.  I am sure there are more than two but just for discussion's sake we'll keep it at two.  Their putters go for incredibly high prices, their accessories (putter head covers, ball markers, divot tools, etc) are almost as insane, especially the limited run stuff.  And yet there are many an average Joe lining up thinking they are invited into the inner sanctum of the cult kingdom.  The reality is that those firmly affixed in that inner sanctum scoffs and mocks those who they call friend, from the side of their crooked mouths and forked tongues.  I saw this with another putter maker with a huge cult following back in the mid/late 2000s.  @italianstallion, sorry this happened to you.  It really sucks and lacks ethics and integrity.  However, those vultures who circle above certain putter makers don't give a Rat's behind about you, me or the average Joe.  Best of luck in whatever path you take in finding a great putter maker.  Cheers!

Edited by RobotDoctor
  • Thanks 1

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Guess i don't understand the obsession.  If you're in the click - congrats, if you're not in the click don't waste your time trying.   Guy makes putters and overpriced ball markers ... you can live without them. 

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

1 hour ago, rjp322 said:

Then why does he post pics of putters hes made on Instagram all the time?  They deserve 0 fairness at this point.  They have shafted hundreds of collectors with the promise of a putter that never came

My post was a bit tongue and cheek , admittedly I’ve only followed the situation loosely.

If im to understand the situation correct , being that you purchase head covers ball markers all the other swag , then your supposed to get an offer or shot at buying a putter ?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Just now, drbonesvt said:

My post was a bit tongue and cheek , admittedly I’ve only followed the situation loosely.

If im to understand the situation correct , being that you purchase head covers ball markers all the other swag , then your supposed to get an offer or shot at buying a putter ?

At some point yes.  He promised people monthly putter drawing back like 5 years ago where he would make say 15 putters a month and there would be a raffle to have a chance to buy.  I could have lived with that.  It happened twice.  I personally was told word for word by Tana "Just keep buying like you are and you will eventually be able to get a putter).  This was back in like 2018 or so.  Had I continued to buy, there still has not been an opportunity for an outsider like myself to purchase a putter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobotDoctor said:

Stories like this is why I prefer working with small boutique putter makers who aren't out to fleece people for what they can.  I have found that there are putter makers who do it because of the love of the game and the craft (Byron Morgan, David Mills, LaMont Mann, etc.).  Then there are some who catch lightning in a bottle and their brand becomes bigger than they are.  I know of two putter makers who got bigger than their britches and they have amassed a cult following.  I am sure there are more than two but just for discussion's sake we'll keep it at two.  Their putters go for incredibly high prices, their accessories (putter head covers, ball markers, divot tools, etc) are almost as insane, especially the limited run stuff.  And yet there are many an average Joe lining up thinking they are invited into the inner sanctum of the cult kingdom.  The reality is that those firmly affixed in that inner sanctum scoffs and mocks those who they call friend, from the side of their crooked mouths and forked tongues.  I saw this with another putter maker with a huge cult following back in the mid/late 2000s.  @italianstallion, sorry this happened to you.  It really sucks and lacks ethics and integrity.  However, those vultures who circle above certain putter makers don't give a Rat's behind about you, me or the average Joe.  Best of luck in whatever path you take in finding a great putter maker.  Cheers!

Thanks for the kind words. In general I think all of us are looking for some sort of community in our lives, and early on it seemed like that’s what the brand was set up to be. You are 100% right about the bolded part, and the top guys do have their own separate group chat to discuss that stuff privately. I never saw it, but I was made aware of conversations being had about me in it. Through the whole ordeal, I got a good taste of the how’s and why’s of what hands things end up in.  While not getting the cover hurt me personally as a collector, the loss of that community magic hurt me more. It’s sad because I did have some really great interactions with some ‘average’ collectors. But I do know it's their name on the business, so they can run it however they want. I just don't agree with it.

I won my Lamb putter in a lottery and I honestly putted great with it, but I wasn’t going to continue using it after all that. So I found someone else who made a similarly spec’d putter in weight and toe-hang. They ended up being super responsive (I’m talking day-of email responses back and forth) and a month after I reached out to them I had my customer putter for $3,200 less than I sold my Lamb for. The new putter feels and looks like the Lamb, and I used the profits on a nice golf trip for myself. Now I focus my time and funds on golf architecture and playing great courses. First world problems indeed.

40 minutes ago, rjp322 said:

At some point yes.  He promised people monthly putter drawing back like 5 years ago where he would make say 15 putters a month and there would be a raffle to have a chance to buy.  I could have lived with that.  It happened twice.  I personally was told word for word by Tana "Just keep buying like you are and you will eventually be able to get a putter).  This was back in like 2018 or so.  Had I continued to buy, there still has not been an opportunity for an outsider like myself to purchase a putter

You know this, but as a reminder for the people who don't: if you're just buying every release on the site (and now, every Lamb trip meet up) you will not be given an opportunity to purchase a putter. The guy who undercut me started collecting either in late 2019 or early 2020 and by the end of 2021 he had multiple Lamb putters along with some seriously custom Lamb trinkets. Also featured on his IG were nice cars, multiple Rolex watches, extravagant vacations, and nice houses. I think we can all make the correlation from there.

Why do I bring all this up years later? Honestly I just feel bad for people who get strung along and think they have a chance. Follow @Phabs advice, and don't waste your time.

• Like 2

[sign here]

1 hour ago, rjp322 said:

Uh huh pretty sure Bernie Madoff said the same thing. 

• Haha 3

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

@italianstallion, I have seen friendships wrecked because of the edict to choose a side.  These were people who got together and created a community because of their shared love of putters.  What I have witnessed was nasty, cruel and lacked ethics and integrity.  Why, just because some people chose being a part of a clique or riding the coat tails of a preeminent putter designer.  Some chose to side with doing what was right compared to other choosing to side with the ability of being able to buy more putters, head covers, divot tools, trinkets, clothing, oil rags, and being in the good graces of the putter designer, himself.  While I wasn't an insider by any stretch of the means, I befriended some who were and was privileged to have earned the trust of some who shared some information, screenshots of the private forum and posts.  When it comes to being able to own a perceived valuable trinket or to honor friendships/ethics/integrity, we all have a choice to make if confronted with that scenario.  Back then I never perceived myself to be a collector of this designer's putters but had owned 15 in the past, comprised of a few OTRs and several limited editions.  I had come to learn my collection was minuscule compared to some, and I mean microscopic.  That said, for those who want to collect putters, persimmon woods, coins, old irons, what ever, more power to them.  But to turn a blind's eye to what is right is something that person will have to face one day. 

• Like 2

If that dude would have played his cards right, he would have eventually replaced Scotty or been the next KIA but he lost his way. I would not even consider him a putter maker anymore. I know these guys make way for on their trinkits and headcovers than putters due to man hours. Anyways he totally lost his momentum that he had years ago. 

• Thanks 1

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

3 hours ago, Wardonation said:

If that dude would have played his cards right, he would have eventually replaced Scotty or been the next KIA but he lost his way. I would not even consider him a putter maker anymore. I know these guys make way for on their trinkits and headcovers than putters due to man hours. Anyways he totally lost his momentum that he had years ago. 

I have to agree with this. He played his cards wrong imo. He definitely made lots of money fast ...but it all seems very artificial tbh. I've played hundreds of rounds and never seen a single person with a lamb piece of swag ..definitely not a putter.   Lamb nothing burger in the putter world right now and it is because of their business model.

• Like 1

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

When you can load a fixture into the cnc and make 40-50 parts in 8 hours. Which in turn you blow out in less than a day for 200-300 bucks per…. Why make putters?

My work machines an incredibly intricate super car part for a shop that takes us 4.5 days to machine a single part.  We require them to order 10 at a time and we sell them for 40k per.  That machine is locked up for a month and a half ….it better be worth it. 

• Like 1

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

Work with as guy like Lamont and you'll find someone who works for primarily Love of the craft (putters/golf), secondly money.  I would imagine some of the younger guys that blow up do it for the opposite reasons. 

Edited by 5hort5tuff
  • Thanks 1

PING G400 Max 
Maltby STi2  Fairway

Maltby STi2 Hybrid 

Maltby STI2 Irons 
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 54 58

BBFandCo Roulette
MannKrafted Carbon Rattler XL
TP Mills Stainless Softtail
Krew Blade

Mannkrafted HotRod

On 2/19/2024 at 7:42 AM, rjp322 said:

lol they just make promises they can’t keep and are fueled by greed. That’s the cliff notes. They want you so spend spend spend and give you false hope that you can eventually get a putter and given they don’t make putters, it’s just a blatant lie

Exactly right, he doesn't make putters.

On 2/20/2024 at 11:25 AM, rjp322 said:

Don't worry, there is stock line coming soon that everyone will be able to get 😉