Do you have red balls?

lefthack

I wish I had the cartoon that went with that line, oh well.

So I got my order of Spalding Molitor gloss red, Pure Speed matte red, Nitro Pulsar matte red, and Nitro Eclipse red and white to go with my Srixon Divide.

The Nitro Eclipse has an interesting look to it. The white is kind of transparent and the division from the red isn't nearly as clean as the Srixon. They are also less than half the price, so there is that. I really like the look of the Pulsar. Both the Spalding's are a deep red, not sure if I like it yet. Fun to try something different.

PXL_20210507_202649287.jpg

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

A little background. In high school, a friend's mom taught ESL and had gotten a book about phrasing and interpretation. It had scenarios that pointed out how something you say can be taken incorrectly.

A kid walks into a sporting goods store and asks the clerk "Do you have red balls?" The kid is picturing dodge balls while the clerk is looking down his pants. We would break out this book while drinking, it was hilarious and she never used it in class. 

/coolstorybro

• Haha 1

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

I fudged the rules once and played 2 balls at a time - alternating between 3 Noodle Neon matte balls:  one red, one green, and one yellow.  The red one got lost the most easy (though it did stick out like a sore thumb in a few odd positions).  The yellow got lost in the afternoon, late summer sun.  The green was the most consistently visible for me at the time.

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

I started with orange Nitros, then got a box of red. I like the orange, but the red seems easier to follow. For whatever reason the red is sold out everywhere and not sure when it will be available.

I really like the feel of the Pulsar in my hand, see how it plays tomorrow. The color and the matte finish look great. They are a buck a ball, so not terrible. 

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

1 hour ago, GatorNate11 said:

I've never played red but had a short experiment with yellow, and played an orange Nike back in the day one time (cannot remember what that ball was. Maybe a One something or other). Ended up always looking weird to me and stuck with white

Tell me the same when you’re 50+ with failing eyesight !

I was a traditionalist all my golfing life until that point. But now a Yellow / Green TP5X is just so much easier on the eye in terms of focusing: from tee box to hole. Inc searching in the undergrowth between times 🤣

Good luck !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

I’m currently playing the Vice Pro in „Neon Red“. I love the color, it’s easy to spot from a distance, but harder to track in the air. I’m not hitting massive slices or hooks (usually), so no problem. 
I like that I know right away which one is mine when our group walks up to the landing area. It’s the one out front, ha. 

• Like 2

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime

I have some yellow, but the orange and red look a little better at address. My "usual" mix is 1 nitro (orange or red), 1 Nike, and 1 Srixon Q Star. 

Bridgestone E6 will replace the Nikes when they are gone. I still some have NXT's, too.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Right now the only one I am pretty sure will be a no go is the Eclipse. It might surprise me, but it looks really cheap. 🤣

I will hit each at least once this morning. If nobody is out, I might have a range day out there.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Half my pitching practice balls are red, the other half yellow. I use different wedges to see which one works best from different yardages.

The Callaway red is very vivid and is quite pretty.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Red and green balls are my favourites. Love the Vice Pro in those colours. Thought I'd see if there was a cheaper route available and got some red and green Wilson Staff Duo Optics. They feel nice but the durability seems very poor and they do not spin at all, noticeably less than most other non urethane balls I've played.

• Like 1

So I played a Nike "Distance"(?), Titleist NXT, Spalding Pure Speed, and Nitro Pulsar. I hit 6 of 9 greens with at least 2 balls. I was really happy with how both reds played overall. The Spalding was easy to track in the air, but it disappears on the ground. I never saw it bounce. It shows up pretty good on the ground, but I never saw it hit. I thought I had blown the green twice with it. It also sounds a little different. Not bad, but distinct.

The Pulsar is awesome. I could see that being a gamer. But I honestly didn't notice a huge difference in any of the balls I was playing.

PXL_20210508_145205740.jpg

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

I didn't hit an eclipse because I forgot to put some in my bag.  I also didn't lose any today and that doesn't happen hardly ever. But overall I felt like I was hitting everything well.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Ive switched to the Vice hyper yellow to be different from my playing partners. Now they have made a switch to yellow as well so who know, Red balls might be in my future. I know I have checked off blue balls as of this morning. 🤣

• Haha 1

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

The Pulsar can be spotted from a ways. I shanked one into the trees and I could see it from 30 yards out.

PXL_20210508_151015466.jpg

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

18 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

I was a traditionalist all my golfing life until that point. But now a Yellow / Green TP5X is just so much easier on the eye in terms of focusing: from tee box to hole. Inc searching in the undergrowth between times 🤣

Good luck !

All jokes aside, have you used any of the Tru-vis/Pix balls? Just wondered if they made any discernable difference

I'm red-green colorblind, so red balls are not for me. I even tell playing partners if they're playing red that I'm no use if it comes to looking for a ball they can't find. I'm not going to know a ball is on the green grass unless I step on it. 

• Sad 1

Ping G25 10.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70 x5ct stiff (set -0.5 to 10*)

Sub70 Pro Tour 5w w/ Aldila NV NXT 85 stiff

Wishon EQ1-NX 4h, 5i-GW single-length built to 37.5" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 286 52/10, 286 56/12, and JB 60/6 wedges, black, built to 36.75" w/ Nippon Modus3 120 stiff

Sub70 Sycamore Mallet putter @ 36.5" with Winn midsize pistol grip

On 5/7/2021 at 10:07 PM, sevenfourate said:

Good luck !

I'm 40 and my prescription is -11.  I always tell my golfing buddies to stand behind me and watch where my ball goes.  I get ya bro.  I love the Snell neon yellow.  I can't really see them in the air, but I can find them more easily in the rough and OB. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

So oddly enough, the Spalding Pure Speed plays the best. Maybe it's coincidence, but it is by far the straightest and most consistent. I wish it was a little easier to spot in the grass, but it feels great off the iron and is dead straight. 

The Eclipse seem to be a little dead off the club. Not sure if I'm not hitting it clean, but it seems to be 10 to 15 yards short.

I also lost a Pulsar in the creek. Somehow lost an Eclipse in the swamp. I thought those would be easier to spot, guess not.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

1 hour ago, phizzy30 said:

I'm 40 and my prescription is -11.  I always tell my golfing buddies to stand behind me and watch where my ball goes.  I get ya bro.  I love the Snell neon yellow.  I can't really see them in the air, but I can find them more easily in the rough and OB. 

+11 wow !! I’m +2 and +3. Not even close to you. I’ll quit my complaining right here 😁

Seriously: I’m nearly 50; fit as a fiddle, never ill and strong as an ox. Of all the Heath ‘fears’ / thoughts that ran through my head as a youngster NEVER did I even think for a second it would be eyesight and the whole contacts / glasses issue that would be my first hurdle golf wise.

Its taken me quite a few months: a few pairs of glasses along with a few tweaks; and perhaps 30 or 40 rounds to get  comfortable with wearing glasses.

AND - using a Yellow TP5X has really REALLY helped the new me too 😍

Good golfing bro 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sevenfourate said:

+11 wow !! I’m +2 and +3. Not even close to you. I’ll quit my complaining right here 😁

Seriously: I’m nearly 50; fit as a fiddle, never ill and strong as an ox. Of all the Heath ‘fears’ / thoughts that ran through my head as a youngster NEVER did I even think for a second it would be eyesight and the whole contacts / glasses issue that would be my first hurdle golf wise.

Its taken me quite a few months: a few pairs of glasses along with a few tweaks; and perhaps 30 or 40 rounds to get  comfortable with wearing glasses.

AND - using a Yellow TP5X has really REALLY helped the new me too 😍

Good golfing bro 👍

I right with you except a couple things.  I'm as healthy as I can be for my age being a personal trainer for over 15 years, competed in bodybuilding shows many years ago and having fitness one of the focal points in my life.  I was born with liver disease so I was screwed from the get go.  I've had two organ transplants as well.  My vitals are excellent with the exception of anemia but that's from genetics and the after effects of my transplants.  Btw, you can always get lasik.  😉

• Thanks 1

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

22 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

I right with you except a couple things.  I'm as healthy as I can be for my age being a personal trainer for over 15 years, competed in bodybuilding shows many years ago and having fitness one of the focal points in my life.  I was born with liver disease so I was screwed from the get go.  I've had two organ transplants as well.  My vitals are excellent with the exception of anemia but that's from genetics and the after effects of my transplants.  Btw, you can always get lasik.  😉

Holy smokes. I’m humbled and will never complain again 😳

Contacts sucked for me. I’m ok with glasses at the moment. Perhaps lasik should be on my radar though. Cheers…..

So the Eclipse look awful. They seem to play ok, but they look horrible. I've also managed to lose 2 already.

I am loving the Spalding's, but the dark red is tough to spot. I got a discount coupon and ordered the Pure Spin in orange. See if the orange is easier to spot.

The issue is now I have about 400 balls again when I was finally starting to make a dent.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Depends on the person red is really hard to see, more me red balls I can lose on an open field, orange balls I can spot a mile away. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

The Pulsars while matte red are still wicked bright and easy to spot. The red Nitro Crossfire's are pretty easy to spot, it's just the blood red of the Spalding's that look like pine cones or I just plain don't see them.

Should have the Pure Spin this week. I hope they are matte orange, I really like the matte orange of the Wilson Staff.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

7 hours ago, lefthack said:

So the Eclipse look awful. They seem to play ok, but they look horrible. I've also managed to lose 2 already.

I am loving the Spalding's, but the dark red is tough to spot. I got a discount coupon and ordered the Pure Spin in orange. See if the orange is easier to spot.

The issue is now I have about 400 balls again when I was finally starting to make a dent.

You need help bro.  Sounds like you hoard golf balls.  I hear the show Hoarders is looking for people to be on their show.  😅

Edited by phizzy30

1 minute ago, phizzy30 said:

You need help bro.  Sounds like you hoard golf balls.  I hear the show Hoarders is looking for people to be on their show.  😅

Seriously. I end up getting a few dozen and next thing I know...

I'm not hoarding, I'm just not as terrible as I was and I'm not losing nearly enough of them. But I'm also not looking very hard for them either, so my pace of play is awesome.

• Like 1

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 1:07 AM, sevenfourate said:

Good luck !

Yeah- I find red balls easier to track in the sky. At my age, I lose sight of white and even yellow balls when they land. 

• Like 2