Leaving a tee next to someone's ball...

6 minutes ago, JJFWebster said:

What is inconsistent? It has nothing to do with me going in 2. I am hitting driver on a par 5. Is that unreasonable?

No, hitting a driver is not unreasonable.  I have no doubt you did not intend to hit into the group in front of you.  I don't think anyone thinks that.  Getting upset because the group in front left a friendly reminder and confronting them is unreasonable.  Did you even apologize for doing so in the first place?  I have hit into people by accident and have always apologized on the very next tee.  If in a cart I will drive out and offer an apology and then I make sure I don't do it again.  You hit into them so you owed them an apology in the first place.  To get upset because of a tee being left by your ball is a bit overkill, isn't it?

• Like 2

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

1 minute ago, RobotDoctor said:

No, hitting a driver is not unreasonable.  I have no doubt you did not intend to hit into the group in front of you.  I don't think anyone thinks that.  Getting upset because the group in front left a friendly reminder and confronting them is unreasonable.  Did you even apologize for doing so in the first place?  I have hit into people by accident and have always apologized on the very next tee.  If in a cart I will drive out and offer an apology and then I make sure I don't do it again.  You hit into them so you owed them an apology in the first place.  To get upset because of a tee being left by your ball is a bit overkill, isn't it?

I've never had anyone change the lie of my ball, in the 30 years I've played, because I hit near them. I play a decently long ball so I am cautious and obviously I've had to apologize but it's extremely rare.

I tried to explain to the group in front that no one can see them from the tee box and they are likely to have the situation repeat if they continue to park there. I was in the wrong to give the tee back which sparked the drama of "2 balls flew over my head".

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus - 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x  

Taylormade Stealth 2 - 16.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7x  

Taylormade Stealth 2 - 21* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8x  
Ping I20 (4 - GW) - KBS Tour 130 X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 56.14 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Vokey SM4 Nickel - 60.10 - KBS Tour X-Stiff 130g  
Titleist Scotty Phantom X 7  

Titleist Pro V1 Ball | NO1 50-PRO Grips | Nikon Coolshot Pro II Rangefinder

10 minutes ago, JJFWebster said:

I've never had anyone change the lie of my ball, in the 30 years I've played, because I hit near them. I play a decently long ball so I am cautious and obviously I've had to apologize but it's extremely rare.

I tried to explain to the group in front that no one can see them from the tee box and they are likely to have the situation repeat if they continue to park there. I was in the wrong to give the tee back which sparked the drama of "2 balls flew over my head".

Was this the US Open? Who cares if your ball moved by a (by your account) half a ball length?

You hit into them, then you blamed THEM for the offense. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CaseyC said:

Again, they can park in the middle of the fairway, but you can't turn your cart around?  

At the tee box, no. I would have to drive approx 100 yards past it (towards 4) which is not possible when another group is sitting on the path already. No one drives up to check on this hole because it's simply not setup for it and it's a long distance to drive to/from.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JJFWebster said:

At the tee box, no. I would have to drive approx 100 yards past it (towards 4) which is not possible when another group is sitting on the path already. No one drives up to check on this hole because it's simply not setup for it and it's a long distance to drive to/from.

that makes no sense.  Are you saying there is no access to the fairway from the cart path until you are 250 yards from the tee and that short hitters need to drive past their balls by a considerable amount, get on the fairway and drive back towards the tee and their balls to hit their second shots?

1 hour ago, RobotDoctor said:

There’s plenty of room to turn the cart around down the hole.  Driving down the hole to check on golfers who are in a blind area so you don’t hit into them would take no more than 2-3 minutes, maybe 4 minutes.  The group behind you won’t even be on the previous green yet.  You would be back on your tee before they complete the previous hole.  It’s not that you didn’t want to make an effort, you just didn’t make an effort.  

To me the group in front did the right thing in leaving the tee next to your ball.  Your apparent ignorance to what that means is on you and now you’re upset because the group in front left a non-confrontational reminder.  You escalated the situation by confronting them instead of being an adult and simply apologizing for hitting into them and saying you’ll be more careful and it won’t happen again.  

What happened to grace and respect in social situations.  Most people seem to lack this these days.  

40 minutes ago, JJFWebster said:

I defer to my original comment (as shown here). You had the time to drive down the hole and to make sure the golfers in front had cleared.  You chose not to.  The group behind would not have been on the tee box at this point as they would be approaching the previous green or best case been putting when you got back.

I just played the Broadmoor East course at The Broadmoor resort in Colorado Springs twice.  Broadmoor East is where they host US Opens (Senior Mens and Woman) and US Amateurs and on several holes there are blind drives.  We had no issue driving our cart and checking whether the group in front had cleared and we could hit or not.  We did this with groups behind us and never once did the group behind us finish their holes before we were ready to hit.  Not one single solitary time. 

So why are you still trying to convince us you were in the right and those ignorant jerk golfers in front of you (that you hit into apparently twice) are the problem?  The more you respond I can clearly see where the problem is.  By the way I have played golf for 35 years and was once a very long hitter so this scenario did, and still does, occasionally happen.  I always took the side of contrition and apologized and not once was there a confrontation between me and the groups I accidentally hit into.  Maybe it is time to move on.

Edited by RobotDoctor
  • Like 2

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

1 minute ago, CaseyC said:

that makes no sense.  Are you saying there is no access to the fairway from the cart path until you are 250 yards from the tee and that short hitters need to drive past their balls by a considerable amount, get on the fairway and drive back towards the tee and their balls to hit their second shots?

With stake to stake, shorter hitters do often have to drive back to their ball. In this case, the 250 yards refers to how far I would need to drive to see the people sitting on the down-slope. 300 yards to see the green as it dog legs left.

"hey ya'll behind me, I'm going to go check if it's clear, brb"

"sorry for hitting into you, I thought you all were clear"

This could have been you, and it would not have been the first time a golfer has heard or used these exact lines.

• Like 3

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

3 minutes ago, CaseyC said:

Then why can't you turn enter the fairway there and drive to where you can see them, turn around in the fairway and drive back?

The issue is turning around at the tee box, particularly after the group behind arrives, not in the fairway. 

• Haha 2

I hit my second shot into a Par 5 that caught the front bunker with a group not finished around the green yesterday. 

They walked off the the left of the green which to me looked like they were done as I lost them behind some tree's an could not see them anymore. So I hit and as my ball is in the air I see them walk back out towards the green. Ooops..

They walked over to say hi to their friends on a nearby tee box..

Regardless it is my fault. I walked up and said sorry I thought you guys walked off the hole. They were ok and said not too worry. 

Not sure why so many people get bent out of shape over this if its a error of judgement. Just move on...

and who cares if your ball moved a bit when you removed the tee..you going to DQ yourself or something? have fun

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CaseyC said:

Reverse.  

Or leave the cart at the up tee box and walk back.  

Or as noted, have your playing partner tell the group behind to wait.

Reverse 150 yards? Then tell the group that just arrived to flip it in reverse and do the same? Lol. I'm sure the green next door will love that. You guys do some interesting things on the golf course.

I play single often because I can only play late afternoon/evening after work. Rarely can even get 18 before dark. If I walk I suppose I should bring my running shoes?

Edited by JJFWebster
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CaseyC said:

Some people always find and excuse for not doing the right thing...

Because it's all about them.  The power of today's society where everyone is the most special person and anyone else doesn't matter.  

The excuses are getting worse.  

• Like 3

The few in here that understand are probably the same ones with a SS over 110. I hate the rest of you bunters. You can't just be ignorant, sitting in blind spots for extended periods of time, and then touch other people's balls when one rolls near you. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JJFWebster said:

The few in here that understand are probably the same ones with a SS over 110. I hate the rest of you bunters. You can't just be ignorant, sitting in blind spots for extended periods of time, and then touch other people's balls when one rolls near you. 

Keep blaming others for your screw up. Just take the blame, apologize, and move on. How hard would that of been? But hey let's complain about someone moving your golf ball 1/16 of an inch...

Edited by krtgolfing
  • Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 60

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - Fujikura Ventus Blue 6

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade Sim2 Rescue - Tensei AV Raw Blue

4I - GW: Taylor Made PSI - KBS C-Taper 105

SW: Titleist SM5 - 54 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

LW: Titleist SM5 - 60 - True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter: 2022 Titleist Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

9 minutes ago, JJFWebster said:

Bunters???  Ok Bryson Jr.  Forgive us mere mortals who don't drive the prodigious distance you do.  Or maybe we should refer to you as Kyle Berkshire Jr. 

Justifying this whole scenario just because you think of yourself as a long hitter just shows everybody you will stick up for your faux pas even though many of us have attempted to show the other side and to show contrition and grace. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RobotDoctor said:

Bunters???  Ok Bryson Jr.  Forgive us mere mortals who don't drive the prodigious distance you do.  Or maybe we should refer to you as Kyle Berkshire Jr. 

Justifying this whole scenario just because you think of yourself as a long hitter just shows everybody you will stick up for your faux pas even though many of us have attempted to show the other side and to show contrition and grace. 

Just keep your hands on your Pinnacle and we can all get along. 

Just now, JJFWebster said:

Just keep your hands on your Pinnacle and we can all get along. 

😂🤣😂  Pinnacle.  Too funny.  It might surprise you that I am a little better skill wise to use a hard ball like that.  Let's not start comparing the quality of golfer here, you just might be surprised Skippy.  You want to retort my comments fine but keep it above the belt.  I suspect you're older than 12 so I hope you act like it.  And don't worry, I don't want to touch your balls.

I'd love to know that course the OP is a member at.  That would tell me what course to avoid at any cost.

• Like 1