2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Just now, DS12312 said:

You can even connect to the internet, update the firmware and still not register the device and use with ball only data on the screen.  So far it's been a pretty easy device to set up and just get data from

So technically you can just hold off on the free basic subscription if you keep using the device off the screen only?

I just used FSX 2020 (subscription, PC version) and FSX Pro (iPad) no issues connecting if you power on BLP first and wait a minute or two after it's on and loaded.  I also don't think the graphics are that bad.  People have complained about them but I've seen way worse graphics on sim software.  $800/year ok maybe not that high of a price, but I'd probably pay $400 just to use the simulator software above the 2-D range basic subscription.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Balboa said:

Wow you are lucky! My shipment is delayed until tomorrow 😞 keep us posted on how the unit works. Enjoy!

Thanks! Will do. I had the iPad Air 1st gen. Won’t even update. Apple Card gives u no interest installments and cash back. Worked out. 

At least yours is coming tomorrow. Just go to bed already so it feels faster 😂

Edited by Frank_Dux

7 hours ago, larciel said:

benefit of using GC3 without registering?

I was waiting on my FSX activation email.  Had the device for a few days before they straightened it out.  Actually hated it because carry was off from sea level bug and I couldn’t really interpret ball flight from spin axis numbers…was enlightening seeing flight in FSX and correlating it to the numbers.

1 hour ago, kwettig said:

I was waiting on my FSX activation email.  Had the device for a few days before they straightened it out.  Actually hated it because carry was off from sea level bug and I couldn’t really interpret ball flight from spin axis numbers…was enlightening seeing flight in FSX and correlating it to the numbers.

You can change the display output from totalspin/spinaxis to sidespin/backspin in the settings menu.

Got a dud launch pro. Doesn't turn on when you hit the power button after sitting on the charger for 3 hours... Waiting to hear back from customer service.  Big bummer.

• Sad 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 (10 degrees)[TENSEI Av Raw White] 

Fairway woods: Titleist TSi2 (15.75 degrees), Titleist TS3 (19.5 degrees)[Diamana D+ Limited]

Irons: Taylormade p770 (4)[DG TI X100], Mizuno JPX 900 Tour (5-9)[Project X LZ 6.5]

Wedges: Vokey SM8 (47-11F, 51-13F, 55-15F, 59-7LK)[DG TI S400]

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5

1 hour ago, whumber said:

You can change the display output from totalspin/spinaxis to sidespin/backspin in the settings menu.

I prefer spin axis but without prior experience it was hard to determine how far offline it was.  25° spin axis with a driver is a lot different than with a wedge.  Just inexperience on my part dealing with the numbers and trying to interpret it before seeing flight with the software.  Would have been easier if I was using it outdoors.

24 minutes ago, ShupeSC said:

Got a dud launch pro. Doesn't turn on when you hit the power button after sitting on the charger for 3 hours... Waiting to hear back from customer service.  Big bummer.

That sucks.  I know how much it stinks just waiting for the device…would be hard to get a defective unit after that wait.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ShupeSC said:

Man so sorry to hear and hope they take care of it right away. Mine came charged only 14%. Waiting for it still and it’s been a few hours 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShupeSC said:

Hopefully Bushnell responds quickly to this.  I would hope they just swap it out for one of the "extras" they bundle with their net or simulator packages.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DS12312 said:

Hopefully Bushnell responds quickly to this.  I would hope they just swap it out for one of the "extras" they bundle with their net or simulator packages.

I agree.

1) I was able to connect everything last night except “Fairgrounds.” Has anyone tried Fairgrounds and experienced this?

Downloaded > Installed > Opened Fairgrounds. From there, it doesn’t ask me to log in to FSX Live or connect to the device. Then when I try to exit, it doesn’t let me. I have to click the windows button and close out the program through the task bar. 

My daughter wanted to try it but we just went back to FSX 2020 driving range. 

2) Has anyone tried running FSX 2020 on the PC and FSX Pro on the iPad at the same time? The LM is producing the data then the App is just interpreting it. 

Side note- the BLP fit perfect 😀

6F0B5A36-6AE3-4A40-8C2E-F7C209B004B1.jpeg

Edited by Frank_Dux

1 hour ago, Frank_Dux said:

I agree.

1) I was able to connect everything last night except “Fairgrounds.” Has anyone tried Fairgrounds and experienced this?

Downloaded > Installed > Opened Fairgrounds. From there, it doesn’t ask me to log in to FSX Live or connect to the device. Then when I try to exit, it doesn’t let me. I have to click the windows button and close out the program through the task bar. 

2) Has anyone tried running FSX 2020 on the PC and FSX Pro on the iPad at the same time? The LM is producing the data then the App is just interpreting it. 

I heard that fairgrounds and the zombie game are only available on GC3. But you can purchase them separately for the BLP since they are not included in the subscription model.  

2 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

I agree.

Zombies and Fairgrounds cost $100 to buy the license for BLP (according to the feature screenshot on THP).  Only game available is Glass Break

7 minutes ago, DS12312 said:

Zombies and Fairgrounds cost $100 to buy the license for BLP (according to the feature screenshot on THP).  Only game available is Glass Break

Oh wow. That sucks. I’m on gold trial right now. Live is connected but won’t unlock the courses. 🙄 Just have been using the range lol

1 hour ago, Frank_Dux said:

Oh wow. That sucks. I’m on gold trial right now. Live is connected but won’t unlock the courses. 🙄 Just have been using the range lol

Might be a dumb question, but did you download all the course files?  Only Teton Pines is included in the FSX download.  I was practicing on that course yesterday

9 minutes ago, DS12312 said:

Might be a dumb question, but did you download all the course files?  Only Teton Pines is included in the FSX download.  I was practicing on that course yesterday

I tried to download them one by one. I’ve yet to get that to work. I’m also having a hard time getting data on the iPad and FSX Pro. The app connects and the LP shows the data. It just doesn’t register the data in the iPad

13 minutes ago, DS12312 said:

I'll try FSX Pro tomorrow...I only just connected to it but didn't start a session.

I downloaded all courses from here.

https://www.foresightsports.com/support/software/fsx-subscription

Thanks! Yes it’s a pain downloading one by one. Let us know if it’s east to connect.

I’m taking it to my daughter’s lesson. We’ll have the LP data but would be nice to see it on the iPad too. A few things I’ve noticed:

1) Compared to our Mevo+, numbers seem very consistent and accurate.

2) If we put the ball too forward of the hitting zone, it doesn’t record and this happened a lot. I recall some saying here that it’s better in the back of the zone. It worked better and registered all shots. 

3) The range view was aligned sideways not looking at the pin. Was trying to figure out why but I just reset FSX2020 and it worked. I tried to enable Commentator sound, but then it removed the ball sound effect when it lands. 

4) Courses still show locked although I logged into FSX live, downloaded the courses and I’m on the 30day Gold Trial. 

5) Bummed the iPad FSX Pro is connected and logged in but the range won’t register the data. If you’re paying $3k and $800/yr, it would be nice if it was more refined and easier to connect. 

Just now, DS12312 said:

@Frank_Dux

Are you connecting through your home wireless network with the iPad or a direct connection to the BLP?  I'll try both tomorrow

I connected to it direct to the unit. It said “GC3UNIT#” then I used the iPad to connect to it via WiFi and entered FSSPORTS. 

Have to do more research why it doesn’t work 

Had the same issue with fairgrounds on GC3.  There’s a “fix” posted on foresight fairgrounds page that let me login and exit the game but I still couldn’t connect to my GC3 so I gave up.

https://help.foresightsports.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500007528241-Foresight-Fairgrounds-No-Login-Device-Connection-Settings-Option

left click in mini map aims, right click moves the ball to hit from there.

Had the same issue trying to connect to my iPhone with FSX Pro very spotty and haven’t tried since the firmware updates.

Did you install the courses too?

Ok tested out FSX Pro and against a Mevo+ in my garage...I have some interesting results that I'll compile and share later.  I have to say both Flightscope's app and FSX Pro had connection issues at times. These connection issues caused easy "averages" to be shown across multiple sessions, so it'll take me some time to pull all the data together.

I have had some issues with connection on the FS Golf app over the 6 months I've had it, but overall the connection to the Mevo+ was ok.

FSX Pro connection via home WiFi network...make sure it's on the non-5G connection or you'll never connect.  Make sure you change the iPad screen time out to some ridiculous maximum.  I had mine set on 5 minutes and if I didn't touch the screen to keep it "active" it would turn the screen off and "pause" connection.  If the connection is paused, I had to close the session and reopen a new one.

On initial connection with the BLP, you need to login to FSX Live a 2nd time, after that I didn't have to log in again.  Turn on BLP first and let it load then connect to FSX Pro. Didn't have any connection problems unless my iPad went to sleep.

• Thanks 1