Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

@Frank_Dux. You can't play pebble or spyglass without a very high purchase price.

Only these courses are available with Gold

Beaver Hills CC

Blue Bayou Golf and Fishing Club

Broken Tree

Butterfield Country Club (Blue/Red)

Kinsale Golf and Fitness Club

Linfield National

Tall Pines

Teton Pines(downloaded with FSX)

The Farms Golf Course

Willow Crest Golf Club

Edited by DS12312
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DS12312 said:

@Frank_Dux. You can't play pebble or spyglass without a very high purchase price.

Only these courses are available with Gold

Beaver Hills CC

Blue Bayou Golf and Fishing Club

Broken Tree

Butterfield Country Club (Blue/Red)

Kinsale Golf and Fitness Club

Linfield National

Tall Pines

Teton Pines(downloaded with FSX)

The Farms Golf Course

Willow Crest Golf Club

Finally got the iPad to work. 

Oh thanks. Wow. That sucks. Do you guys have the GC3 and can play Pebble and others? You figure for paying $800/yr you’d have the the same features as the GC3

I've been using my BLP on merely my iPad (or simply device screen only), but I've now got a gaming laptop with the required specs (Nvidia gaming card with i5 processor).  I have a gold subscription.  I follwed the FSX launch pro download guide and installed that version of FSX 2020. 

Every time I try to open FSX on my gaming laptop, it immediately closes out.  No idea what's going on.  Anyone have a similar issue/know how to resolve? 

Edited by Indygolf21

On 12/26/2021 at 10:10 PM, Indygolf21 said:

I've been using my BLP on merely my iPad (or simply device screen only), but I've now got a gaming laptop with the required specs (Nvidia gaming card with i5 processor).  I have a gold subscription.  I follwed the FSX launch pro download guide and installed that version of FSX 2020. 

Every time I try to open FSX on my gaming laptop, it immediately closes out.  No idea what's going on.  Anyone have a similar issue/know how to resolve? 

Well, I was able to get this issue resolved by disabling the Intel graphics so that the app would default to my laptop's Nvidia card.  It now launches FSX with no issues.

But NOW the issue is that FSX cannot "find" the BLP - they're both connected to the same wifi network, but, nothing. Anyone else have this issue?

Edited by Indygolf21

2 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

Finally got the iPad to work. 

Oh thanks. Wow. That sucks. Do you guys have the GC3 and can play Pebble and others? You figure for paying $800/yr you’d have the the same features as the GC3

The 10 courses you get with the gold subscription are the same courses that come with the GC3 or unlocked BLP. Courses like Pebble have to be purchased separately as an add-on. Supposedly FSX Play is going to be moving to some kind of subscription service more like VG2 from Trackman to some degree but we have no visibility yet on what that may look like.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kiddoc said:

I have the Gold, but purchased Sim in a box and received an additional 10 premium courses including Pebble, Spy, Spanish, St. Andrews, Carnasty…..

Oh nice! Congrats on the SIM in a box package. I just got the BLP Gold and it came with the Poor Man’s Torrey Pines “Teton Pines” 😂 

Edited by Frank_Dux
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Indygolf21 said:

Well, I was able to get this issue resolved by disabling the Intel graphics so that the app would default to my laptop's Nvidia card.  It now launches FSX with no issues.

But NOW the issue is that FSX cannot "find" the BLP - they're both connected to the same wifi network, but, nothing. Anyone else have this issue?

Comically user-unfriendly software set up experience.  This should not be this difficult!

I agree. They weren’t probably ready for this much consumer demand I assume and are playing catch up. 

I boot up my BLP, wait for it to fully load, then connect the USB C to my PC and it loads. Sometimes it shows I have 0 days in my subscription so I have to close out and restart. 

Most here have said boot up the BLP first, then connect the cables and refresh FSX

11 hours ago, Indygolf21 said:

Make sure you have the FSX Subscription version...FSX 2020 will not connect to a BLP

27 minutes ago, AdamHermsdorfer said:

@Indygolf21 - I have the same issue.  I put in a support ticket on the 23rd and haven't heard back.  Will post after they respond.

Support ticket with Bushnell or Foresight? As far as I can tell the Bushnell support team barely seems to know that the LP exists, their only function seems to be to refer people to Foresight.

• Like 1

@whumber - at least they are consistent!  I've had the same experience on my phone calls with the Bushnell team.  I placed the ticket with Bushnell.  Am hoping that the online form is more efficient.  If not, sounds like the best route is to go directly to Foresight.  

Some things to check for are firmware updates and subscription software updates.  Make sure your video card settings are correct.  As many have stated do not use the 5ghz band of your WiFi.  Make sure both computer and device are not on 5ghz.  There seems to be an order of operations for many.  Turn on LP or GC3 and open FSX only after it connects to WiFi.  If you still have issues while you are waiting for support I would try uninstalling and downloading the FSX software again.

edit:  if you get the device connected make sure it’s set to connect automatically.

Edited by kwettig
  • Like 2

Been using the BLP on Gold trial for about 2 weeks now and here are my thoughts. Would love to know yours as well.

PROS

-Accuracy of numbers

-Reliability of picking up shots

-Portability on course or range

-Battery Life

-Data points on Gold

CONS

-PC/iPad Connectivity is not the easiest (might need a slight tech degree LOL)

-Gold 10 Courses only

In all fairness, I totally get that this was more of a commercial device. However, now that FS is targeting consumers, they should really step up their software game. Also, a little bummed for the unlocked GC3 or BLP Gold price point, you only get a measly 10 courses for the price. Even on a Skytrack subscription, you get Bandon Dunes, Pebble, etc. We only really use the range right now and what I feel like we're just getting super reliable spin, club path, AOA and a simulator range for $800/yr. 

Overall, I love this thing and hopefully they can work out all the software kinks. This is a BIG upgrade for us from the Skytrak and Mevo+. 

I just had a session in the garage connected to my computer and had zero issues.  If anyone has any issues, update the firmware and turn on the BLP before connecting to the computer or iPad.  I've only ever used WiFi and haven't had issues.  My only issue is that FSX connects using the integrated graphics card and the graphics are really choppy until I switch the GPU to the Nvidia.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 10:24 AM, dlow206 said:

I have an outdoor net in my backyard and I am wondering if the BLP will work well outdoors for this use case. I am thinking it would, but is there any issue you guys can think of with this? 

None, you'll love it!

Will work just as well indoor or outdoor. Net or no net. 

1 hour ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Another interesting question: I’ve been blowing through pro-v1’s in my basement sim. Are there any balls that hold up better over time going against an impact screen?

I've found that Srixon Z-Star hold up well.  The worst by far for me have been Cut golf balls.  Maxfli Tour X have been decent too and are generally cheaper than other tour level balls.

Are the covers scuffing or the balls actually breaking?  Do you keep the balls out in a cold garage or is everything in inside? How many shots are you hitting daily?

2 minutes ago, DS12312 said:

I've found that Srixon Z-Star hold up well.  The worst by far for me have been Cut golf balls.  Maxfli Tour X have been decent too and are generally cheaper than other tour level balls.

Are the covers scuffing or the balls actually breaking?  Do you keep the balls out in a cold garage or is everything in inside? How many shots are you hitting daily?

I’ve cracked a few maxfli tour x’s and a few titleists, chrome softs.  But for $100 for 48 maxflis it’s not a huge deal.  The covers are very durable and much better than anything else I’ve used unlike the Kirklands which are terrible.  Last year’s gamer Srixon xv’s(the couple I had left) have held up well so far.  But I’m all in on the maxflis for the sim and possibly the course next season.  Mid iron spin is a little low but peak height and descent angle is good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AdamHermsdorfer said:

@Indygolf21 - I have the same issue.  I put in a support ticket on the 23rd and haven't heard back.  Will post after they respond.

Thanks. I gave up on connecting wirelessly and just connected it via USB to my laptop and got everything working. But would certainly prefer to do it wirelessly if possible. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Indygolf21 said:

Comically user-unfriendly software set up experience.  This should not be this difficult!

I wouldn’t disable the other card 

I just right click on FSX subscription icon on my desktop and click “run with high end Nivida processor” or whatever. 

Obviously a lot of people on this thread actually have the BLP or GC3, my question is how many of of you are hitting into a net then looking on a TV or PC screen or do you have a full sim set up with a screen and projector. I have a Skytrak now and just hit into a net, trying to justify the upgrade just to hit into a net. 

On 12/26/2021 at 9:10 PM, Indygolf21 said:

Try this, it worked for me:   https://www.foresightsports.com/nvidia-graphics-card-settings

On 12/19/2021 at 12:57 PM, Dallas said:

Did anyone else have an issue getting the FSX Live password to work in the iPad app? If so, how did you get it resolved?  I get an error every time I put it in. Also, how do I find my FSX Pro license? I can’t find any information on the license in e-mails or otherwise to put into the app start screen.

I’m having this exact problem.