2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

43 minutes ago, CardsChamps11 said:

Very true. I think the main question has to be overall value. When time comes to sell, which route provides you with the best return? That's the main question in my mind. 

It's not the easiest decision. For me, I have my own small business, so cash flow is huge. Some months are slower than others especially during the holidays. That's why I went with the BLP over the GC3 as $4k is a lot upfront. The con is the $800/year is dead money and I'll never get it back. At the same time, can deduct it as an expense for computer equipment / expenses and I do have some clients in the golf industry.

Kinda works out for me, but just depends on your situation. If I had the extra $4k lying around, I would definitely go for the GC3. I like the blue finish on it as well over the BLP orange (I didn't go to Ok State 😉 )

Edited by Frank_Dux

Woohoo my BLP says it has shipped and arriving Friday! I was part of the 3rd release. 

@Frank_Dux I think the BLP has a solid value still. 5 year pay off period for software is a long time unless you plan on taking your software to a QC Quad in the future. I guess it depends on your use case. Hopefully you get your BLP shipping info soon! 

• Like 1

Just now, Balboa said:

Woohoo my BLP says it has shipped and arriving Friday! I was part of the 3rd release. 

@Frank_Dux I think the BLP has a solid value still. 5 year pay off period for software is a long time unless you plan on taking your software to a QC Quad in the future. I guess it depends on your use case. Hopefully you get your BLP shipping info soon! 

Congrats! You beat me to it! Just got the email right now too! Friday!!! 🍻 Cheers!

15 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

That is great news. So with the BLP Gold, you can use the FSX 2020 AND FSX Pro both on the PC based on what you said above. Have you also tried to use FSX Pro on an android or iPad tablet? Thanks!

Yes, both applications are available on PC to gold subscribers. I believe silver too. 

I have not tried the mobile applications. 

21 minutes ago, Topher925 said:

Yes, both applications are available on PC to gold subscribers. I believe silver too. 

I have not tried the mobile applications. 

Thanks for sharing. Sorry for being a Noob, but can you use the device out of the box for just the data numbers (spin, carry, etc.) without registering it?

I won't be able to use it for about 11 days this Xmas/NY. Was thinking it would be great if I can use just the unit for the data numbers then activate it for the 30 day free Gold after to save 11 days. If not, I'll just register it 😆 

Edited by Frank_Dux

34 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

It's not the easiest decision. For me, I have my own small business, so cash flow is huge. Some months are slower than others especially during the holidays. That's why I went with the BLP over the GC3 as $4k is a lot upfront. The con is the $800/year is dead money and I'll never get it back. At the same time, can deduct it as an expense for computer equipment / expenses and I do have some clients in the golf industry.

Kinda works out for me, but just depends on your situation. If I had the extra $4k lying around, I would definitely go for the GC3. I like the blue finish on it as well over the BLP orange (I didn't go to Ok State 😉 )

I ran some calculations based on a 5 year time horizon and when I compare the NPV (net present value) of the two options it's not that large of a difference. Money today is always worth more than money tomorrow (especially with the inflation we're now seeing).

Key factors will however be: will subscription cost go up or stay at 800 / year, will you need to pay for FSX upgrade at some point if going for GC3, what will the re-sale value for both options be after year 5. 

Will likely pull the trigger on the BLP due to the lower upfront cost.

1 minute ago, TRS said:

I ran some calculations based on a 5 year time horizon and when I compare the NPV (net present value) of the two options it's not that large of a difference. Money today is always worth more than money tomorrow (especially with the inflation we're now seeing).

Key factors will however be: will subscription cost go up or stay at 800 / year, will you need to pay for FSX upgrade at some point if going for GC3, what will the re-sale value for both options be after year 5. 

Will likely pull the trigger on the BLP due to the lower upfront cost.

Love it! That's awesome breaking that down. So it's basically $800/year vs. $4000 upfront to unlock or GC3. Are you saying better to pay the $800 now, take the $3200 difference, invest it in stock (say Tesla or Google), let the stock marinate and in 5 years, sell the BLP and buy a GCQuad and have left over money?!? 😆

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Frank_Dux said:

Love it! That's awesome breaking that down. So it's basically $800/year vs. $4000 upfront to unlock or GC3. Are you saying better to pay the $800 now, take the $3200 difference, invest it in stock (say Tesla or Google), let the stock marinate and in 5 years, sell the BLP and buy a GCQuad and have left over money?!? 😆

Heh, well the GC3 still comes out as a slightly more cost effective option but the difference for the npv narrows the gap (I guess they thought this through as well...). So yes you can invest in stock or other instruments and on top of that right now inflation will mean that wages will go up so the 800 (assuming it stays) is not really 800 after a few years. 

The largest unknown which drives the total cost of ownership is the residual value which at this time is difficult to judge. GC2 has held up quite nicely so would assume GC3 will be fairly good as well and for the BLP difficult to say. And who knows if our iphone in 5 years can do the same job, then it's all worthless 🙂 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TRS said:

Heh, well the GC3 still comes out as a slightly more cost effective option but the difference for the npv narrows the gap (I guess they thought this through as well...). So yes you can invest in stock or other instruments and on top of that right now inflation will mean that wages will go up so the 800 (assuming it stays) is not really 800 after a few years. 

The largest unknown which drives the total cost of ownership is the residual value which at this time is difficult to judge. GC2 has held up quite nicely so would assume GC3 will be fairly good as well and for the BLP difficult to say. And who knows if our iphone in 5 years can do the same job, then it's all worthless 🙂 

IMHO I think the BLP will hold up nicely because it has a larger addressable market of users. More people can afford the subscription model compared to the outright expense of a GC3. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

Thanks for sharing. Sorry for being a Noob, but can you use the device out of the box for just the data numbers (spin, carry, etc.) without registering it?

I won't be able to use it for about 11 days this Xmas/NY. Was thinking it would be great if I can use just the unit for the data numbers then activate it for the 30 day free Gold after to save 11 days. If not, I'll just register it 😆 

same question here

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 12:04 PM, CBMC said:

Another question which I haven't seen discussed(sorry if it has been). What does future upgrades of software (after fsx play, which I've heard will be included) mean for the blp vs the gc3. Will the subscription always give you the newest version of fsx? Or will updates stop after fsx play? I would assume on the gc3 any updates after fsx play will come at a cost.

I spoke with a Foresight rep today about buying a new GC3. He said that when the new GSPro-like version of their sim software (FXS Play) is released in a few months, they will charge a "nominal" upgrade fee (amount unannounced) and FXS Play will remain an upgrade, NOT a replacement for the current FSX 2020. He said it would likely be 200+ days before all the courses were converted to FSX Play.

1 hour ago, Wildest1 said:

I spoke with a Foresight rep today about buying a new GC3. He said that when the new GSPro-like version of their sim software (FXS Play) is released in a few months, they will charge a "nominal" upgrade fee (amount unannounced) and FXS Play will remain an upgrade, NOT a replacement for the current FSX 2020. He said it would likely be 200+ days before all the courses were converted to FSX Play.

Wait I gotta pay more for FSX Play? Unbelievable 

25 minutes ago, CardsChamps11 said:

Wait I gotta pay more for FSX Play? Unbelievable 

Just a “nominal” fee they say. That’s pretty subjective. When they sell a GC Quad and GC Hawk for $18-20k. I might not want to know what “nominal” means to them 😂

BTW It’s 3pm PST. Bushnell LP’s 4th presale only up to 53% purchased right now. Looks like a slow down in sales or could be an increase in inventory. Or maybe it’s like those sites that say “this person just bought this item” to give a sense of urgency. LOL

Edited by Frank_Dux

2 hours ago, Wildest1 said:

It seems the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing in this case. Whether or not we'll have to pay is different according to each rep although knowing Foresight I'm more inclined to believe the upgrade fee than a free upgrade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wildest1 said:

Not saying this conversation didn't take place...

But isn't this the complete opposite of what everyone was being told in conversations with sales reps just last month?

The fact is, their simulator software should already be FSX Play because FSX2020 has been a subpar sim platform for years. As a quad owner I'll be very upset if in fact they charge upgrade fees for FSX Play because we grossly overpaid for subpar sim software from the get go . The more I think about it, I just can't imagine they'd give every GC3 buyer a big middle finger and more charges/fees for an upgrade just months after purchase - but I wouldn't put it past Foresight.

• Like 1

Has anyone experienced carry distance issues with BLP? I have a CCE mat and I’ve read that it does impact distance.

I know my distances very well. However, the BLP consistently measures 20-30 yards shorter than my of course results.

I’ve also read about “indoor syndrome” but there is no way I’m hitting a 7i 135 yards.

Are there any other contributing factors? My indoor/garage setup has zero swing restrictions.

Any trouble shooting ideas would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, b_Jammin said:

Has anyone experienced carry distance issues with BLP? I have a CCE mat and I’ve read that it does impact distance.

I know my distances very well. However, the BLP consistently measures 20-30 yards shorter than my of course results.

I’ve also read about “indoor syndrome” but there is no way I’m hitting a 7i 135 yards.

Are there any other contributing factors? My indoor/garage setup has zero swing restrictions.

It reads at sea level so if you live above sea level it’s likely reading shorter 

1 hour ago, CardsChamps11 said:

It reads at sea level so if you live above sea level it’s likely reading shorter 

GC3 was fixed with a firmware release last week.  Not sure if that impacted BLP though I sure think it would.  Check device for updates and/or turn barometer on.  I was a bit shorter to start because of the sea level thing but now it’s normal for my course distances.  I actually now hit it further than ever after cleaning up path from my swipey cut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, b_Jammin said:

Check your AoA too. First time hitting in soft mats like CCE I took a huge hit on carry. On real turf I think I get away with being a bit steep. But I think some turfs just kill steep attacks 

15 hours ago, b_Jammin said:

Mat effect typically inflates carry via lower spin, not the other way around. When it comes to irons, the foresight monitors are extremely accurate. Some possibilities

-Indoor swing syndrome

-You are a bit shallow and play fluffy fairways, so you might be getting away with slightly fat shots on the course, where as the CCE mat is grabby

-You don't hit it quite as far as you think (at the very least carry it). The screen just gives you carry numbers, if you hit a low ball or dont have a bunch of spin, you might be understating how much roll you typically get. How often on the course is your ball mark  pin high?

-Some combination of all of the above.

15 hours ago, b_Jammin said:

Send a screenshot of your numbers from FSX live (so we can see All of the parameters, not just a couple) 

1 hour ago, Frank_Dux said:

Anybody know if you can use the BLP straight out of the box and get the numbers on the device's screen?

Or do you need to register it first and get the subscription? Thanks.

Mine is being delivered today and I'll let you know.  Looking at the manual online it looks like you have to register right after you connect to the internet

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DS12312 said:

Mine is being delivered today and I'll let you know.  Looking at the manual online it looks like you have to register right after you connect to the internet

OK. Appreciate it. Have fun with it. Getting mine tomorrow! Some people asked what case they used. I was going to get a bag too but remember I have this extra drone sling by Hazard 4. It’s the perfect shape. Hoping it fits in this as the pockets are padded and adjustable. 

645072BF-66C8-42D7-9EDA-DDBB973E144A.jpeg

18 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

OK. Appreciate it. Have fun with it. Getting mine tomorrow! Some people asked what case they used. I was going to get a bag too but remember I have this extra drone sling by Hazard 4. It’s the perfect shape. Hoping it fits in this as the pockets are padded and adjustable. 

645072BF-66C8-42D7-9EDA-DDBB973E144A.jpeg

In the initial setup it looks like you can skip the internet setup and use the device as standalone.  Can't be 100% sure as I just turned it on late last night but didn't set anything up

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, DS12312 said:

In the initial setup it looks like you can skip the internet setup and use the device as standalone.  Can't be 100% sure as I just turned it on late last night but didn't set anything up

I used the GC3 without registering for a couple of days.  I would imagine the BLP will work as well without registering but will only provide ball data on the device screen.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, kwettig said:

I used the GC3 without registering for a couple of days.  I would imagine the BLP will work as well without registering but will only provide ball data on the device screen.

@DS12312 @kwettig thanks guys. Yes, was going through the manual last night and saw that option to skip registration but wasn’t sure if it would work. 

CCDA8C1C-5D76-49B5-8593-390C57B7A439.jpeg