Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

@Frank_Dux @Balboa

The software difference appears to be very minimal (club compare and tile customization).  The BLP can be turned into a GC3 with the $4k full unlock option.  If you haven't gotten the BLP yet and paid $800 for the first year of Gold, I'd seriously consider the full unlock option if the Club Compare is a big item for you to have

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

@2ndCut16 @DS12312 If they're essentially the same, just curious what would make you want to change and go with the GC3 over the BLP. Thanks. Makes me have FOMO why I did't go with the GC3 😆

If you pay the $4k to unlock they are the same - I bought the BLP because I thought the Gold made them identical, hearing they aren't does make me worried as things update down the road I they won't be available. My other regret, not being a patient person, if I'm going to unlock my BLP, I could have spent a little extra and gotten the Pebble package / I trust Foresight Customer Service more than I trust Bushnell. I know they are under the same company now, but from what I've heard CS with Bushnell has been less than stellar... just my own personal preference.. probably will keep the BLP

• Like 2

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9*| Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*| Ventus Black 7X
Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX
Mizuno 245 5-PW  | Project X LS 6.5
Titleist SM9 46 - 50 - 54 - 58 | PX Rifle 6.0
Odyssey Ai-One Seven CH 

1 hour ago, 2ndCut16 said:

If you pay the $4k to unlock they are the same - I bought the BLP because I thought the Gold made them identical, hearing they aren't does make me worried as things update down the road I they won't be available. My other regret, not being a patient person, if I'm going to unlock my BLP, I could have spent a little extra and gotten the Pebble package / I trust Foresight Customer Service more than I trust Bushnell. I know they are under the same company now, but from what I've heard CS with Bushnell has been less than stellar... just my own personal preference.. probably will keep the BLP

So having gold doesn't get you the same data as GC3 and that you have to get it fully unlocked to be identical to a GC3?  What features are missing from gold that are in unlocked/GC3?

1 minute ago, swoosh21 said:

So having gold doesn't get you the same data as GC3 and that you have to get it fully unlocked to be identical to a GC3?  What features are missing from gold that are in unlocked/GC3?

I think there was a link posted a few posts back, but you don't get the ability to customize tiles, compare clubs, I think you lose a few of the games based on what I saw. In the grand scheme of things, those are minor items, granted I really wanted the compare clubs, especially for this winter, but I can do this without that. For me, it was just that Gold was pitched as a subscription version of the full FSX, maybe I just misunderstood, but it's clearly not. I just question, as FSX updates, what will Gold get / not get. 

Odyssey Ai-One Seven CH 

3 minutes ago, 2ndCut16 said:

I think there was a link posted a few posts back, but you don't get the ability to customize tiles, compare clubs, I think you lose a few of the games based on what I saw. In the grand scheme of things, those are minor items, granted I really wanted the compare clubs, especially for this winter, but I can do this without that. For me, it was just that Gold was pitched as a subscription version of the full FSX, maybe I just misunderstood, but it's clearly not. I just question, as FSX updates, what will Gold get / not get. 

So fully unlocked is equal to the same price as a GC3 but you get less features.  Well this sucks.  I still have mine brand new.  Does Bushnell take returns?

1 minute ago, swoosh21 said:

So fully unlocked is equal to the same price as a GC3 but you get less features.  Well this sucks.  I still have mine brand new.  Does Bushnell take returns?

No sorry - fully unlocked you will get those features of the GC3 - if you do the Gold Subscription ($800/yr) you get less features.  I paid the $800 already, so I'm stuck waiting until next year to unlock, otherwise I lose the $800 as they don't offer a credit. 

Edited by 2ndCut16

Odyssey Ai-One Seven CH 

Just now, swoosh21 said:

Ah got it.  I plan to do fully unlocked after one year of gold.

yeah - so for the 1 year, you will lose a few of the features of the GC3 until you unlock. That is what I'm likely going to have to do. 

Again, it's my own mistake for not fully reading through, but this way I'm spending about $7.8k, where I could have spent $8.5k and got all those extra courses.. but that's what I get for being impatient and blindly buying golf gear.. probably why I have 3 sets of clubs inbound and still browse BST...

Odyssey Ai-One Seven CH 

2 hours ago, DS12312 said:

@Frank_Dux @Balboa

The software difference appears to be very minimal (club compare and tile customization).  The BLP can be turned into a GC3 with the $4k full unlock option.  If you haven't gotten the BLP yet and paid $800 for the first year of Gold, I'd seriously consider the full unlock option if the Club Compare is a big item for you to have

Thanks. The BLP is already a big step up for me from the Mevo+. Can’t afford right now to drop another $4k u fortunately. 

My question is how does the club compare function exactly work and what are you missing? Is there a work around manual work around like exporting the data later and compare it excel? Compare your clubs to other clubs?

Edited by Frank_Dux

1 hour ago, Frank_Dux said:

Thanks. The BLP is already a big step up for me from the Mevo+. Can’t afford right now to drop another $4k u fortunately. 

My question is how does the club compare function exactly work and what are you missing? Is there a work around manual work around like exporting the data later and compare it excel? Compare your clubs to other clubs?

Right now when I want to compare, I use the "table" feature. Basically hit a bunch a shots with club 1, change to club2, hit shots. Look at table, go to avg for club 1, scroll down to avg for club 2 and compare. It gets difficult if you hit a lot of shots, as you have to scroll more to see averages.. can always take a screen shot and paste somewhere to compare. 

• Thanks 2

Odyssey Ai-One Seven CH 

19 minutes ago, liltwigy said:

I cant find any info with where it is supported with the GC3 though.

I dont believe it is formally supported. However, the community creates a connection for it. Unfortunately, I dont know how to do it. Can someone who has used GS Pro before with Foresight pass along a link that shows a step by step?

Edited by CardsChamps11

8 minutes ago, CardsChamps11 said:

I dont believe it is formally supported. However, the community creates a connection for it. Unfortunately, I dont know how to do it. Can someone who has used GS Pro before with Foresight pass along a link that shows a step by step?

I am guessing it is very similar to the way GSpro works with the GCquad . There is a 3rd party application that is needed to interfaces the two

44 minutes ago, 2ndCut16 said:

Right now when I want to compare, I use the "table" feature. Basically hit a bunch a shots with club 1, change to club2, hit shots. Look at table, go to avg for club 1, scroll down to avg for club 2 and compare. It gets difficult if you hit a lot of shots, as you have to scroll more to see averages.. can always take a screen shot and paste somewhere to compare. 

@2ndCut16 Thanks for this. Guess I will have to do the work around. I guess if all of us here in the BLP thread just stepped up and got the GC3 or even GCQuad in the first place, we wouldn't have these issues, waste valuable time and money.

We could have taken all this time in the forum, bought more Crypto Currency and paid for the GCQuad already 😜🤣

Edited by Frank_Dux
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Topher925 said:

GSPro's discord is the best place to find all info regarding integration and setup, and there is a specific channel for GC3/BLP, as well as all other launch monitors, etc. https://discord.gg/9yqFCBM

Do you need the unlocked version or the Gold subscription to use?

1 minute ago, CardsChamps11 said:

Do you need the unlocked version or the Gold subscription to use?

I believe so, although I don't know whether the silver or basic subscriptions have been tested.

The workaround for GC3/BLP integration was just released. And by released, I mean created by users in the GSPro community. As discussed in the discord channel, there isn't much desire by GSPro users to create (or release publicly) integration that circumvents FSX subscriptions, in hopes to avoid upsetting Foresight and being blocked out entirely. If Foresight gets their subscribers $$, then they don't have as much incentive to block GSPro. 

Another question which I haven't seen discussed(sorry if it has been). What does future upgrades of software (after fsx play, which I've heard will be included) mean for the blp vs the gc3. Will the subscription always give you the newest version of fsx? Or will updates stop after fsx play? I would assume on the gc3 any updates after fsx play will come at a cost.

4 hours ago, CardsChamps11 said:

How do you get fsx pro to open and other applications at the same time ?

1 hour ago, Balboa said:

LOL! That’s very true. Either pay 5 years up front or annual! 

Who knows what kind of launch monitors will be available 5 years from now! 

Very true. I think the main question has to be overall value. When time comes to sell, which route provides you with the best return? That's the main question in my mind. 

I updated to latest firmware today, 1.1.8.8., and just completed a session with BLP Gold in FSX Subscription 2020 and FSX Pro (PC) via wifi. The unit instantly connected when I opened the applications and had zero disconnects, probably ~100 shots.

I've since improved my wifi coverage which maybe had something to do with it, but my previous complaints of slow connectivity and/or disconnects are now nonexistent. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Topher925 said:

I updated to latest firmware today, 1.1.8.8., and just completed a session with BLP Gold in FSX Subscription 2020 and FSX Pro (PC) via wifi. The unit instantly connected when I opened the applications and had zero disconnects, probably ~100 shots.

I've since improved my wifi coverage which maybe had something to do with it, but my previous complaints of slow connectivity and/or disconnects are now nonexistent. 

That is great news. So with the BLP Gold, you can use the FSX 2020 AND FSX Pro both on the PC based on what you said above. Have you also tried to use FSX Pro on an android or iPad tablet? Thanks!