2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

On 12/10/2021 at 4:56 AM, c0d3x said:

I just started reading this forum (can't sleep 2am...) so I figured I'd answer what questions I saw and give some other setup advice. I haven't read all 96 pages (insomnia not that bad yet) so if I repeat covered topics, sorry. 

I've had the GC3 setup for indoor use for the last two months, I've played maybe 20 rounds of golf on it and hit maybe 2k range balls, some things I've figured out, some things still annoy me. 

If you are using it indoor with a projector /screen setup, when you do the launchmonitorconfig.exe (I think that is right). You actually have to put the numbers in for every launch monitor, not just the GC3. So enter your room/hitting dimensions for the gc2, gc3, and GC Quad. If you only do the GC3 it doesn't actually take. 

The battery is definitely good for around 3 hours, maybe a bit longer I've never timed it, but I only charge the unit every couple uses. 

My only annoyance, it just getting the unit to connect to fsx2020. Both CPU and GC3 are using wifi, and the signal is very strong, but I plan on it taking me 1-2 minutes to get it connected every use, I spend that time stretching, so I make do. Also, without fail it will disconnect once a session about 5 minutes in, and then takes me another minute or two to get it connected again. 

I was hopeful the firmware update that just came out would help with that, but it did not. 

But besides for the wifi connection issues, the unit is great. 

As for fsx2020, I haven't figured out how to have the putting green grid view on by default, I have to turn it on every round, just annoying. 

And when using the practice range, table view shows you peak height and decent angle, but when you export it to excel, those fields vanish, also annoying.

Hope those of you waiting for your to arrive get them soon. Obviously, I'm not active on this forum, I'm normally on a different forum, but I'll follow this thread and help if I can. 

Cheers 

20211101_093922.jpg.3bd9ab723acafd77493b7934e440c95a.jpg

My tip for quick connection is to turn on the unit first, and then launch FSX after. Typically always comes up right away. 

when I launch FSX first, takes the time you mentioned. 

I also plug it in via the cord and run to my laptop so it has the choice of either the micro usb or wifi (even though Wi-Fi is strong). 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, YoungJedi said:

My tip for quick connection is to turn on the unit first, and then launch FSX after. Typically always comes up right away. 

when I launch FSX first, takes the time you mentioned. 

I also plug it in via the cord and run to my laptop so it has the choice of either the micro usb or wifi (even though Wi-Fi is strong). 

Thanks for the tip. So run LM first, then FSX. Do you connect the unit to the PC via USB-C then HDMI to your projector if you have one?

3 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

Thanks for the tip. So run LM first, then FSX. Do you connect the unit to the PC via USB-C then HDMI to your projector if you have one?

Turn on LM 

Connect HDMI to laptop (have it setup connect to TV) 

Connect micro USB as well 

Open FSX. Should pop up right away, or after first “refresh”

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Seth5051 said:

I asked Bushnell Support about this last week, no response yet.  I'm going to start a case with Foresight and see if they can clarify.

Thanks - please keep me posted if you don't mind... I will be a bit disappointed if that isn't a feature that the BLP subscription gets. I was under the impression the Gold Subscription was full access / same as GC3.. if not, might sell the BLP and get a GC3.

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9*| Ventus Black 6X
Titleist TSR2+ 14.5*| Ventus Black 7X
Titleist TSR2 18*  | AV Raw Blue 8TX
Mizuno 245 5-PW  | Project X LS 6.5
Titleist SM9 46 - 50 - 54 - 58 | PX Rifle 6.0
Odyssey Ai-One Seven CH 

For those of you who are building out a simulator, a question on the landing surface area between your hitting mat and the screen. My simulator is in a garage with concrete floors so I bought some 2x2 foot, 1 inch thick EVA foam tiles from Amazon to cover this area. I am looking for a cheap/thin turf to staple onto the EVA tiles. It does not need to be super nice as I'm not planning to do much putting, just looking for something that is (a) green (b) absorbent (when the simulator is not in use I will be parking a car in the garage that will sometimes have wet/snowy tires) and (c) thin, as the tiles are already an inch thick. Any recommendations? 

2 minutes ago, rvmcd said:

For those of you who are building out a simulator, a question on the landing surface area between your hitting mat and the screen. My simulator is in a garage with concrete floors so I bought some 2x2 foot, 1 inch thick EVA foam tiles from Amazon to cover this area. I am looking for a cheap/thin turf to staple onto the EVA tiles. It does not need to be super nice as I'm not planning to do much putting, just looking for something that is (a) green (b) absorbent (when the simulator is not in use I will be parking a car in the garage that will sometimes have wet/snowy tires) and (c) thin, as the tiles are already an inch thick. Any recommendations? 

Someone mentioned Amazon. I’m thinking of doing a similar setup 

Limited-time deal: · Petgrow · Artificial Grass Turf Lawn 7FTX12FT,Economy Indoor Outdoor Synthetic Grass Mat, Party Wedding Christmas Backyard Patio Garden Balcony Rug, Rubber Backing/Drainage Holes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNX2L46/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_dl_795F98PP2N3NP9R7YM9D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rvmcd said:

I literally went to Home Depot and got their “putting turf” back in the carpet section. Was pretty cheap, and I slapped it right on top of some gym foam. Check my post history for some pics

• Like 1

You guys have my mind scrambling on this thing 😂😂

Sorry for my tech ignorance or lack of knowledge here. I am looking at trying to pick up a LP on this next release on Wednesday. My only issue is due to ceiling space I do not have a room to do a full sim setup, yet just my impact net in my garage. Saying this will I not be able to truly get the benefits out of the system? I figured I’d be able to set up a TV and see everything next to me instead of having a projector and such. Will this work? 

Thank you for anyone’s educated opinion. 

PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614765-noyes-witb-updated-8-4-13/"]WITB Link[/url]

13 minutes ago, Noyes26 said:

Sorry for my tech ignorance or lack of knowledge here. I am looking at trying to pick up a LP on this next release on Wednesday. My only issue is due to ceiling space I do not have a room to do a full sim setup, yet just my impact net in my garage. Saying this will I not be able to truly get the benefits out of the system? I figured I’d be able to set up a TV and see everything next to me instead of having a projector and such. Will this work? 

Depends on what you want out of the launch monitor.  I have had a net and ipad or computer beside me in a garage for almost a year and have gotten better with my irons and chipping immensely.  Is it the full golf sim experience, no, but it is much easier to practice with other time commitments than driving to a range or course.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Noyes26 said:

My favorite way to use it is at the course/range with no iPad/computer/etc just using the on screen display 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luke.Sutton said:

Mine wasn’t cheap but I think it was reasonable… it’s the money putt outdoor turf from GrassTex. I purchased from Gung-ho golf @GungHoGolf. Lays down flat and heavy enough you don’t have to staple it. I think that piece of turf  was $1200ish. 0CEED4B6-ECA4-44A1-9A05-AD6FCAC1C2E0.jpeg.7de9257634ff74f177059d2b3d255f84.jpeg

One of the best setups i've seen! beautiful! nice glass of wine or a good tripel beer haha. got the Peleton on a Black Friday deal. Love it!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Noyes26 said:

Good luck with the pickup. Waiting for mine along with others here on the 3rd delivery. Make sure to set an alarm to buy! 

In our house, our ceiling is angled, so the lowest part is 8" then goes up to 15+". I can put metal frame up to 8" and should be fine. 1" 10 feet at Home depot is $18.75/pipe. If you don't have that height, yes, you can do a net and TV. Our friends do that in their garage. That will work for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rvmcd said:

I bought a strip of Foss EcoFi Tee Time carpet from menards.  Rolls super quick…11 stimp? but rolls very true.  They also make an automarine indoor outdoor carpet I thought about using.  They are both around 50¢ a sq ft. 

EcoFi Tee Time

EcoFi Automarine

Menards also carries some cheaper grasstex putting surfaces $2-4 a sq ft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DS12312 said:

Thank you for posting that.. I must have missed that when I bought the BLP.. wish I went with the GC3 now...

Odyssey Ai-One Seven CH 

20 minutes ago, 2ndCut16 said:

Thank you for posting that.. I must have missed that when I bought the BLP.. wish I went with the GC3 now...

The "full unlock" option essentially turns the BLP into a GC3...I wouldn't be too concerned of you choose to go that route.  The only thing I've seen mentioned is that if you go the full unlock option is to wait until after the first year of Gold subscription has lapsed since there's no discount on that $4k unlock

2 minutes ago, DS12312 said:

The "full unlock" option essentially turns the BLP into a GC3...I wouldn't be too concerned of you choose to go that route.  The only thing I've seen mentioned is that if you go the full unlock option is to wait until after the first year of Gold subscription has lapsed since there's no discount on that $4k unlock

yeah that is what I plan to do, given I already paid for the gold.. I assumed Gold was basically the same thing - if I had known I would have grab the GC3 to get the extra courses for only a bit extra... Plus I've heard Foresight's customer services is a bit better than Bushnell.. who knows though. 

Thanks again

Odyssey Ai-One Seven CH 

4 hours ago, 2ndCut16 said:

Wow I didn’t see that either.  I can’t believe they would lock you out of club compare or using FSX Pro on PC?  It was my understanding that they would shift everything to subscription model at some point so it’s surprising to see less functionality with the top package.

5 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Wow I didn’t see that either.  I can’t believe they would lock you out of club compare or using FSX Pro on PC?  It was my understanding that they would shift everything to subscription model at some point so it’s surprising to see less functionality with the top package.

https://www.foresightsports.com/fsx-subscription-packages-and-features

Sorry guys. I'm looking at Gold vs. Unlocked on the packages link above. Besides "In Game" Customize Data Tiles and Club compare, the only other differences I see in the chart are:

GOLD: FSX Gold Edition, FSX Pro Gold, Performance Fitting Gold

UNLOCKED: FSX 2020, FSX Pro, Performance Fitting

Looks like you can still use FSX Pro on an iPad and FSX 2020 on PC, right? 

8 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

https://www.foresightsports.com/fsx-subscription-packages-and-features

Sorry guys. I'm looking at Gold vs. Unlocked on the packages link above. Besides "In Game" Customize Data Tiles and Club compare, the only other differences I see in the chart are:

GOLD: FSX Gold Edition, FSX Pro Gold, Performance Fitting Gold

UNLOCKED: FSX 2020, FSX Pro, Performance Fitting

Looks like you can still use FSX Pro on an iPad and FSX 2020 on PC, right? 

Yes, other than Foot Golf and Net Play and the customized data tiles and club compare, nothing else seems to be different.  You can still use FSX Pro on a iPad and FSX 2020 (subscription version) on PC.  The subscription version is very important as I think the regular FSX 2020 will continue to crash on the computer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DS12312 said:

Yes, other than Foot Golf and Net Play and the customized data tiles and club compare, nothing else seems to be different.  You can still use FSX Pro on a iPad and FSX 2020 (subscription version) on PC.  The subscription version is very important as I think the regular FSX 2020 will continue to crash on the computer.

@2ndCut16 @DS12312 If they're essentially the same, just curious what would make you want to change and go with the GC3 over the BLP. Thanks. Makes me have FOMO why I did't go with the GC3 😆

15 minutes ago, doctorgriffo said:

Details?!?

The current solution requires running FSX2020 alongside GS Pro and then an additional interface program alongside it. AFAIK there's another person working on a more direct method that wouldn't require running FSX but no real word yet on when that will be finished. The details on running it are in the SGT Discord inside the #quad-gc3-connection-help channel.

21 minutes ago, whumber said:

The current solution requires running FSX2020 alongside GS Pro and then an additional interface program alongside it. AFAIK there's another person working on a more direct method that wouldn't require running FSX but no real word yet on when that will be finished. The details on running it are in the SGT Discord inside the #quad-gc3-connection-help channel.

Thanks - hopefully the more direct method will be up and running by the time I get bored of the courses in the sim package I got. I’ll have to ask my son to find the info and figure it out - discord is his thing (I am age-appropriately challenged with things like that).