Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

Just now, Dallas said:

For those that did a direct connection, where did you find the password to make that connection? I can see the BLP in the Wi-Fi options on my iPad, but it prompts me for a password to connect to the network. I don’t see a password anywhere.

Under the BLP. The label says FSSPORTS top right but mine won’t connect. Figure for this price, it would be easier to connect lol

EA36F1ED-E016-457F-829D-6970F08ACAE4.jpeg

1 hour ago, DS12312 said:

Forgot to mention the direct connection.  I'd didn't have any issues with the direct connection to the BLP.  I did have to close FSX Pro and reopen to reconnect to the device with the "new" network, but if only connecting direct to BLP, that shouldn't be an issue

Thanks. Yes. It has been a pain to connect to the iPad and FSX for me. So when I open the app, I connect the iPad directly to the BLP. It says connect then shows “enter Live password”. But then it won’t connect as u have to change to my phone or home Wi_Fi to connect to the internet.  

When you connect direct, what are the steps that you did? Does it ask to connect to FSX live at any point 

3 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

Thanks. Yes. It has been a pain to connect to the iPad and FSX for me. So when I open the app, I connect the iPad directly to the BLP. It says connect then shows “enter Live password”. But then it won’t connect as u have to change to my phone or home Wi_Fi to connect to the internet.  

When you connect direct, what are the steps that you did? Does it ask to connect to FSX live at any point 

I connected everything through Wifi first.  After that it never asked for the "FSX Live" password again and just connected to the BLP.

Did anyone else have an issue getting the FSX Live password to work in the iPad app? If so, how did you get it resolved?  I get an error every time I put it in. Also, how do I find my FSX Pro license? I can’t find any information on the license in e-mails or otherwise to put into the app start screen.

Edited by Dallas

Hello,

Wow - this software and device situation is confusing and I used to work in the PC game space.

I bought the BLP and then paid the $$$$ to unlock the device for eternity.  I updated the firmware and activated the device and it's status is now unlocked.  (BTW - I think i saw this earlier in the long thread but it defaulted to a left handed golfer.  of course it won't register when a right handed golfer hits when it's set to left handed golfer)

I was able to get the ipad app and ipad to connect.  I activated the ipad license.  Seems to work fine.

I decided to try to get the FSX 2020 software running on my laptop.  I installed the version for GC3 since the BLP is unlocked and in the software grid it said 'FSX 2020' vs. FSX 2020 Gold'.  But when i tried to activate the software it said the license code not associated with the device and I should contact support.

Has anyone else seen this issue?  Am I using the wrong software?  is the license code for the ipad the same code i should use on FSX 2020?  Does the same code support both platforms at the same time?

Thanks for any insight into this! 

47 minutes ago, Dallas said:

Did anyone else have an issue getting the FSX Live password to work in the iPad app? If so, how did you get it resolved?  I get an error every time I put it in. Also, how do I find my FSX Pro license? I can’t find any information on the license in e-mails or otherwise to put into the app start screen.

I have the same Issue. @DS12312 said he connected to Wi_Fi first at home. Then direct  from the iPad to the BLP. 

On the iPad, there’s an option to connect to the BLP. Do you choose the left one with the Wi_Fi icon or the right one with the plug icon? 

So glad you guys are doing all this beta testing for me. It's gonna be great when I get one later. 🙂

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

1 hour ago, liltwigy said:

Has anyone been able to get fairgrounds to work on gc3? I log in it says my device is connected but it wont register any of the shots!

Note on Foresight Sports support page for Fairgrounds

PLEASE NOTE: DOES NOT SUPPORT GC3 OR LAUNCH PRO DEVICES AT THIS TIME. 

Program latest release date was January 19, 2021

Edited by DS12312
  • Like 1

Getting kind of frustrated with the subscription status. I paid for Gold subscription day 1 out of the box. My unit says my Gold subscription expires in October of 2022. 

however when connecting BLP each time, the days left on my subscription is at like 10 days and counts down each time. 

Twice now it’s been at 0 days and it won’t let me into the software until I call customer service. 

frustrating it’s not counting down from 365 days, rather than 30 days. 

8 hours ago, YoungJedi said:

Getting kind of frustrated with the subscription status. I paid for Gold subscription day 1 out of the box. My unit says my Gold subscription expires in October of 2022. 

however when connecting BLP each time, the days left on my subscription is at like 10 days and counts down each time. 

Twice now it’s been at 0 days and it won’t let me into the software until I call customer service. 

That's a bummer.  I'm waiting for the 30 day trial to run out before buying any subscription.  Hopefully they can fix that quickly and or get the bug ironed out.

11 hours ago, YoungJedi said:

Is this because the unit is set to phone home every 30 days to validate ?  Are you connecting to the internet when you play?  I think the GC3 has the same timeframe to contact the servers but I haven’t seen any issues since I presumably connect to internet every session.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, xbox_golfer_x said:

I decided to try to get the FSX 2020 software running on my laptop.  I installed the version for GC3 since the BLP is unlocked and in the software grid it said 'FSX 2020' vs. FSX 2020 Gold'.  But when i tried to activate the software it said the license code not associated with the device and I should contact support.

Has anyone else seen this issue?  Am I using the wrong software?  is the license code for the ipad the same code i should use on FSX 2020?  Does the same code support both platforms at the same time?

Thanks for any insight into this! 

Did you figure this out. The people I asked said that if you unlock the blp then you use the regular fsx2020. They could have not known what they were talking about though.

13 hours ago, YoungJedi said:

That’s terrible. So sounds like most of the issues are connectivity on setup.

1) The BLP picking up shots and accuracy of data seem good for everyone right? 

2) I’m on the 30day gold trial. I noticed when I go out of FSX2020 into windows, then go back in to connect, it days 0 day subscription. I have to close out my PC to get the gold subscription to work. I assume you log in and out plus reset and are still having issues.  

3) My issue is direct connecting iOS to FSX Pro On iOS settings my iPad connects to my BLP. I’ve never tried connecting both the BLP and iPad to my home network together. Will try shortly. 

When I open FSX pro, there are 2 choices. BLP on the left with the Wi_Fi icon and looks like a Plug icon in the right. I haven’t tried that yet but maybe it’s the “direct” option. 

3 hours ago, kwettig said:

Is this because the unit is set to phone home every 30 days to validate ?  Are you connecting to the internet when you play?  I think the GC3 has the same timeframe to contact the servers but I haven’t seen any issues since I presumably connect to internet every session.

I am always connected to the internet. it's in my garage which is 10 feet from my Router. 

6 hours ago, DS12312 said:

That's a bummer.  I'm waiting for the 30 day trial to run out before buying any subscription.  Hopefully they can fix that quickly and or get the bug ironed out.

I used the whole 30 day trial and when I got the gold package they prorated the $800 for 11 months so it was around $730. 

5 hours ago, CBMC said:

Did you figure this out. The people I asked said that if you unlock the blp then you use the regular fsx2020. They could have not known what they were talking about though.

I just did the unlocked and when you do it there is a activation code sent for the regular fsx2020. Uninstalled the subscription fsx2020.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CBMC said:

I just did the unlocked and when you do it there is a activation code sent for the regular fsx2020. Uninstalled the subscription fsx2020.

Awesome. I'm planning on going with the basic till I get the money together to full unlock the launch pro.  Thanks for info. I was hoping that is how it works.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 (10 degrees)[TENSEI Av Raw White] 

Fairway woods: Titleist TSi2 (15.75 degrees), Titleist TS3 (19.5 degrees)[Diamana D+ Limited]

Irons: Taylormade p770 (4)[DG TI X100], Mizuno JPX 900 Tour (5-9)[Project X LZ 6.5]

Wedges: Vokey SM8 (47-11F, 51-13F, 55-15F, 59-7LK)[DG TI S400]

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5

I had an issue loading FSX Pro on my PC. It got stuck on the AGREE button of the EULA.

Foresight has a fix for that FYI.

While getting assistance I was told that the FSX Pro software only has 2 licenses. If you have it loaded on the PC you can use either the iPhone App or the IPad App but not not both.

This might help some iPad issues some may be having.

• Thanks 1

Let the Gold trial expire so I could see exactly what is available with just the Basic subscription. 

FSX2020, will run and identify the LP, but will not connect due to the level of subscription.

FSXPro on PC, will connect but is very limited 2d view only.  Lots of lock icons.  PC screen displays the 2d data instantly and the green background indicating that the device is ready for the next shot never seems to change to a white background (top right in the attached images). 

Did not try FSXPro on iOS, but expect the same as the PC version.

LPbasic1.jpg

LPbasic2.jpg

LPbasic3.jpg

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Balboa said:

Do you all know how to change the yardages outside of the preset yardages in the range in FSX2020? For example I want a 135 yard green. 

Right click in the map - you can choose distance, angle to the green etc. Good for setting up chipping as well as specific distances.

• Thanks 1