2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

I ordered the Launch Pro on 12/22 with next day shipping. They said it would go out for delivery no later than 1/5. The next day they were sold out. On Christmas Eve, 2 days after my order, I had a delivery I had to sign for. I thought it was something my wife ordered until I saw it had my name on it. I couldn’t believe I got it so fast!

On Christmas, the local course was closed so I grabbed 30 extra balls I had laying around and went to the course to use my balls on their range. The unit worked well, and I didn’t register it at that point. 

I registered it today and activated my 30 day gold trial. I thought I had set it up with my iPad, but when I went to a golf center in my town (with trackman4) to try it out, the iPad wasn’t registering any shots. The unit was displaying the data on the touch screen, but that was it. The numbers with the track man and the Launch pro were pretty similar. Ball speed was 100% on point. Club speeds were close when not exact and launch AoA were accurate as well. 

After reading this thread, I was able to get it set up with my laptop with the usb cable and learned how to set up my graphics card correctly. A little foot wedge in my bedroom confirmed that it works as the screen showed the ball go about 5 feet on the screen. 

Now, I don’t want to haul my laptop to the range or the course, so how EXACTLY do I get my iPad to work with the launch pro so I can see data and hopefully some 3D range so I’ll know if I want the gold sub or a full unlock?

Which app am I supposed to use and how do I get it to work. I used to be good at this stuff, but I’m totally lost. 

Thanks in advance!

Michael

1 hour ago, No_Ugos said:

I ordered the Launch Pro on 12/22 with next day shipping. They said it would go out for delivery no later than 1/5. The next day they were sold out. On Christmas Eve, 2 days after my order, I had a delivery I had to sign for. I thought it was something my wife ordered until I saw it had my name on it. I couldn’t believe I got it so fast!

On Christmas, the local course was closed so I grabbed 30 extra balls I had laying around and went to the course to use my balls on their range. The unit worked well, and I didn’t register it at that point. 

I registered it today and activated my 30 day gold trial. I thought I had set it up with my iPad, but when I went to a golf center in my town (with trackman4) to try it out, the iPad wasn’t registering any shots. The unit was displaying the data on the touch screen, but that was it. The numbers with the track man and the Launch pro were pretty similar. Ball speed was 100% on point. Club speeds were close when not exact and launch AoA were accurate as well. 

After reading this thread, I was able to get it set up with my laptop with the usb cable and learned how to set up my graphics card correctly. A little foot wedge in my bedroom confirmed that it works as the screen showed the ball go about 5 feet on the screen. 

Now, I don’t want to haul my laptop to the range or the course, so how EXACTLY do I get my iPad to work with the launch pro so I can see data and hopefully some 3D range so I’ll know if I want the gold sub or a full unlock?

Which app am I supposed to use and how do I get it to work. I used to be good at this stuff, but I’m totally lost. 

Thanks in advance!

Michael

I just did this on my iPhone to get it connected.  Opened FSX Pro app.  Logged in to FSX live account.  Changed to WiFi from unit.  Password is FSSPORTS.  Refreshed connection(it took a while).  It connected and I could hit some shots.  I believe you need to have an internet connection to sign in first and then you connect to the unit’s wifi.  Some people using an ipad have mentioned they use the hotspot on their phone to connect.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, kwettig said:

I just did this on my iPhone to get it connected.  Opened FSX Pro app.  Logged in to FSX live account.  Changed to WiFi from unit.  Password is FSSPORTS.  Refreshed connection(it took a while).  It connected and I could hit some shots.  I believe you need to have an internet connection to sign in first and then you connect to the unit’s wifi.  Some people using an ipad have mentioned they use the hotspot on their phone to connect.  

Thanks! I’ll try that tomorrow 👍

2 hours ago, kwettig said:

This is exactly it. You have to do all this going in and out of the Wi_Fi (similar to Mevo+ w/out the account log in). Wish FS could do something to override this extra step. 

Using the iPhone or mobile as a hotspot will allow you to log in. You need some device to act as Wi_Fi. 

10 hours ago, Pens #1 fan said:

Obviously a lot of people on this thread actually have the BLP or GC3, my question is how many of of you are hitting into a net then looking on a TV or PC screen or do you have a full sim set up with a screen and projector. I have a Skytrak now and just hit into a net, trying to justify the upgrade just to hit into a net. 

If you have an accurate aim point and alignment into a net the iPad or PC for the screen should be fine.  The screen/projector is for a full immersive experience.  I will upgrade at some point, but in no real rush at this point with my set up in a garage where we also need to park cars.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DS12312 said:

I've found that Srixon Z-Star hold up well.  The worst by far for me have been Cut golf balls.  Maxfli Tour X have been decent too and are generally cheaper than other tour level balls.

Are the covers scuffing or the balls actually breaking?  Do you keep the balls out in a cold garage or is everything in inside? How many shots are you hitting daily?

Thanks. Yeah just noticing on pro-v1s the paint is coming off. I’m hitting about 100 balls a day into it. I’ve got some srixon xv’s so I’ll try those. 

Been hearing vice balls hold up well? Haven’t tried them though. 

5 hours ago, kiddoc said:

I did too.

iPad would not connect despite all the new steps mentioned in the thread.

I had to delete the FSX Pro app from my phone, then it worked perfectly on my iPad.

I’ll try that as well. I’m clearing out the garage so I can set up my net and mat again. I haven’t had it set up in about a year

5 hours ago, DS12312 said:

@No_Ugos on the comparison to TM and BLP with club speed, I think they measure at slightly different points so that metric won't necessarily match

Yes. It’s the face speed on LP and the trail edge on the trackman. Sim 2 seems to be close with TM, and surprisingly it was fast on TM on 3 or 4 occasions (I hit 150 balls that session)

Edited by No_Ugos

3 minutes ago, No_Ugos said:

Yes. It’s the face speed on LP and the trail edge on the trackman. Sim 2 seems to be close with TM, and surprisingly it was fast on TM on 3 or 4 occasions (I hit 1850 balls that session)

1850 balls in a session??? I wouldn't be able to move my arms or stand and would have blisters all over my hands

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Thats two thus far Shooter said:

Thanks. Yeah just noticing on pro-v1s the paint is coming off. I’m hitting about 100 balls a day into it. I’ve got some srixon xv’s so I’ll try those. 

Been hearing vice balls hold up well? Haven’t tried them though. 

The Dick's Sporting Goods Maxfli Tour balls have incredibly durable covers.

• Like 3

After two sessions, I can't say enough about how much I love this device, but how much I hate the software and the overall experience.

My scenario is dead simple: I want to take the device to the range and see accurate numbers. I can see the key numbers on the screen, which is great. However, I want to see more and review data. No simulation, no online play, no cloud storage, just review numbers from the session on my phone.

Why you can't register the device at home and then simply open an app on your phone without passwords, two different apps, an always-on internet connection, connection switching, delays, a laptop, an IPad, cables, etc. is mindblowing for something that costs $3k. If by luck you get the software to work, the UI looks like a summer intern's unsupervised project and it routinely crashes. It's even more insulting when a product 90% cheaper like Rapsodo or Mevo does the software reasonably well. 

The product is a game changer but right now it's really frustrating at least for how I want to use it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DS12312 said:

No, not yet and I'm not sure of there is anyone that's trying to build an interface to connect to that software

I haven’t attempted it yet but I did come across a workaround for TGC and GC3.

• Like 1

PING G425 9* Tour 65 X - PING G400 Stretch 13* HZRDUS Yellow - PING G425 17* Hybrid Tour 85 X
PING I210 4-U Project X 6.5 - PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 55 & 60* Project X 6.0
PING VALOR CB 35"

5 minutes ago, jamie said:

I haven’t attempted it yet but I did come across a workaround for TGC and GC3.

Does it void the warranty? 

Driver: Titleist TSi3 (10 degrees)[TENSEI Av Raw White] 

Fairway woods: Titleist TSi2 (15.75 degrees), Titleist TS3 (19.5 degrees)[Diamana D+ Limited]

Irons: Taylormade p770 (4)[DG TI X100], Mizuno JPX 900 Tour (5-9)[Project X LZ 6.5]

Wedges: Vokey SM8 (47-11F, 51-13F, 55-15F, 59-7LK)[DG TI S400]

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X5

2 hours ago, gripz said:

After two sessions, I can't say enough about how much I love this device, but how much I hate the software and the overall experience.

My scenario is dead simple: I want to take the device to the range and see accurate numbers. I can see the key numbers on the screen, which is great. However, I want to see more and review data. No simulation, no online play, no cloud storage, just review numbers from the session on my phone.

Why you can't register the device at home and then simply open an app on your phone without passwords, two different apps, an always-on internet connection, connection switching, delays, a laptop, an IPad, cables, etc. is mindblowing for something that costs $3k. If by luck you get the software to work, the UI looks like a summer intern's unsupervised project and it routinely crashes. It's even more insulting when a product 90% cheaper like Rapsodo or Mevo does the software reasonably well. 

The product is a game changer but right now it's really frustrating at least for how I want to use it.

You absolutely can register the device AND login to FSX Pro app at home on WiFi and then all you need to do when you are at the range/course is connect to the unit’s WiFi and reopen the app it will record every shot.  I just walked down to the GC3, turned it on, and had it connected to my phone in less than 5 minutes and it didn’t miss a shot.  I can then upload the session to FSX Live when I’m done and look at it anytime, anywhere online.  I’ll concede that the iPhone app is clunky.  It’s too small for iPhone and the front camera and speaker blocks a bit of the screen but it’s certainly usable.  Would presume it’s much better on a bigger screen but all my iPads are quite old.  All of these steps are laid out well in the user manual.  

https://www.foresightsports.com/fsx-pro-ipad-user-manual

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwettig said:

You absolutely can register the device AND login to FSX Pro app at home on WiFi and then all you need to do when you are at the range/course is connect to the unit’s WiFi and reopen the app it will record every shot.  I just walked down to the GC3, turned it on, and had it connected to my phone in less than 5 minutes and it didn’t miss a shot.  I can then upload the session to FSX Live when I’m done and look at it anytime, anywhere online.  I’ll concede that the iPhone app is clunky.  It’s too small for iPhone and the front camera and speaker blocks a bit of the screen but it’s certainly usable.  Would presume it’s much better on a bigger screen but all my iPads are quite old.  All of these steps are laid out well in the user manual.  

https://www.foresightsports.com/fsx-pro-ipad-user-manual

Wow. Thanks. I can’t believe it’s easy to connect once we actually read the manual 😂

• Like 1