Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

2 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

I am guessing this might be a mis-read as 1100 is silly low (have no idea about unekor), but still largely an unplayable ball on the golf course unless you are playing st andrews style courses with 100+ yard wide fairways. 

I’d use total spin rather than back/side…still not quite 1500.  And attack angle in top left corner says 14.5?!?

1 minute ago, Benoit61 said:

Yes that one is ridiculously low … what will happen in the real world if I’m launching 17 degrees, hitting 7 up on it and spinning it 1500-1800 with 120-122 CHS ? Why is it unplayable I guess is my question … thanks for the answers by the way 

The lower the total spin the more axis tilt affects the shape and the more offline you will hit it with similar face to path angles.  If you can hit it dead straight with 1800 spin it will go forever if you launch it high enough…just hard to control.  Easiest change would be to move to a higher spinning ball.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indygolf21 said:

Below 2000 is rare but 1500 doesn’t seem impossible if you’re hitting up on it that much. I’ve never seen such an upward attack angle.  Do you always hit up on it that much?

Also, at 120 club speed with a severely upward attack angle, a 310 carry seems about right. 

Only since trying to up my club speed … I was swinging around 108 all summer and decided to up my speed a bit 

2 minutes ago, Benoit61 said:

Yes that one is ridiculously low … what will happen in the real world if I’m launching 17 degrees, hitting 7 up on it and spinning it 1500-1800 with 120-122 CHS ? Why is it unplayable I guess is my question … thanks for the answers by the way 

Army golf all day. It's very hard to reliably control the face with that much AoA , combined with those low spin numbers will make it very hard to have consistent shot shape. Close the face a hair too much or get it out on the toe, dead duck hook. Leave it open a hair too much and its a right of right block fade (like the one that missed 50y right). You also have to accept that those carry numbers are inflated, 170 ball speed doesnt carry 310-320. It's a well known foresight quark if you research a bit. 

At 120mph+ CHS your goal should be center face contact, such that you are producing consistent 175mph+ ball speeds with 2000+ rpm of spin. At that speed do don't need super high launch or super low spin. 11-13 launch and 2500rpm of spin at 175mph balls peed will be much more playable/consistent. 

4 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

Army golf all day. It's very hard to reliably control the face with that much AoA , combined with those low spin numbers will make it very hard to have consistent shot shape. Close the face a hair too much or get it out on the toe, dead duck hook. Leave it open a hair too much and its a right of right block fade (like the one that missed 50y right). You also have to accept that those carry numbers are inflated, 170 ball speed doesnt carry 310-320. It's a well known foresight quark if you research a bit. 

Waiting for my BLP as I'm in the 3rd batch of presales. I have my new Laptop PC and Projector ready to go. Just to confirm, are you saying at the end that the FS LMs are inflated overall or just on the driver with super high ball speeds? Was hoping this thing is reliable and accurate 😅

Edited by Frank_Dux

3 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

Waiting for my BLP as I'm in the 3rd batch of presales. I have my new Laptop PC and Projector ready to go. Just to confirm, are you saying at the end that the FS LMs are inflated overall or just on the driver with super high ball speeds? Was hoping this thing is reliable and accurate 😅

I think everyone is saying the launch Angle and spin is accurate, it’s just the carry distance that is inflated in this case.  Can anyone confirm?

VPR Strike Driver, MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
VPR Strike 3 Wood, MRC Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
2011 VR Pro Combo 3-PW, DG AMT X100
Vokey SM7 52F 58K 62M
2012 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Nike RZN Black

Just now, Frank_Dux said:

Waiting for my BLP as I'm in the 3rd batch of presales. I have my new Laptop PC and Projector ready to go. Just to confirm, are you saying at the end that the FS LMs are inflated overall or just on the driver with super high ball speeds? Was hoping this thing is accurate 😅

Just driver shots, mainly those that are low spin (sub 2k rpm) and high launch. It can be a rabbit hole since they are used by so many "fitters" who fit players into these unplayable launch conditions because foresights algo keeps pumping up carry as spin gets comically low. In reality those shots tend to fall out of the air and have big directional misses because it's easy to have very high spin axis numbers when total spin is so low.

As long as you keep spin north of 2200-2300 or so, they are very accurate.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kwettig said:

0D068D21-DADF-4D09-AB26-6FF56C6974CC.webp.80210224d706cc33ab583207e2581360.webp

Chasing chart numbers like this (and the one from trackman), has ruined a lot of perfectly good/functional golf swings. With modern equipment there is zero reason to entertain such extreme angles of attack. PGA tour average is around -1 for a reason. More than -2 is a problem, but so is +5 or more. Golfers do the same thing chasing the elusive draw, they go from a -2 path to +6-7 path and wonder why they hit it all over the place lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

Chasing chart numbers like this (and the one from trackman), has ruined a lot of perfectly good/functional golf swings. With modern equipment there is zero reason to entertain such extreme angles of attack. PGA tour average is around -1 for a reason. More than -2 is a problem, but so is +5 or more. Golfers do the same thing chasing the elusive draw, they go from a -2 path to +6-7 path and wonder why they hit it all over the place lol

True. 2 way miss then army golf like you said. Can talk to a fade…

6 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

I don’t totally disagree.  Lots of ways to optimize for all kinds of deliveries though.  If he wants to hit 8 up that’s cool with me.  I’d just change some variables to get spin in a better spot…starting by trying a different ball.  If he wants to change his swing that’s cool too…find a good instructor.  But there’s nothing wrong with seeing what’s optimal and working it out from there IMO

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Benoit61 said:

Ball only draws there’s no two way miss here … miss is a bigger draw than expected 

That’s great if only a one way. Just turns more on a bigger draw? Just throwing it out there but have you felt just holding off a little when that happens? Less release?

Edited by Frank_Dux

8 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

That’s great if only a one way. Just turns more on a bigger draw? Just throwing it out there but have you felt just holding off a little when that happens? Less release?

I try to correct ball shape with setup position before doing any changes in my swing in game and I’ve found that for me it’s 99% a setup issue … but again just to be clear I’ve never swing like this on the course … I was just curious if the numbers I got while doing swing speed training 

Edited by Benoit61
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Benoit61 said:

I try to correct ball shape with setup position before doing any changes in my swing in game and I’ve found that for me it’s 99% a setup issue … but again just to be clear I’ve never swing like this on the course … I was just curious if the numbers I got while doing swing speed training 

If you are simply doing speed training, my advice would be to focus on center contact and maximizing ball speed. Based on the numbers you would give up very little in on course distance, but have more ball speed and more spin, leading to a more reliable ball flight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

If you are simply doing speed training, my advice would be to focus on center contact and maximizing ball speed. Based on the numbers you would give up very little in on course distance, but have more ball speed and more spin, leading to a more reliable ball flight. 

That defeats the purpose of swing speed training 

• Like 1

Was able to get a Bushnell Launch Pro on the last pre-order. Was pretty excited. I went back and forth about it or the GC3. Now Im wondering if I made a mistake. 

If I pay $4k for the unlock, am I going to be able to buy more courses in the future with the FSX202 soft on my Bushnell? When I just talked to a Bushnell rep they were unsure. Anyone know yet? 

17 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

How so? What is the point of swinging faster if it isn't translating into more ball speed?  Ball speed is king.

Because if for example my max all out swing is 110 but my controlled on course speed with good Center contact is 105 amd I bring my max to 115 then in theory I can dial it back to 110 with good contact 

52 minutes ago, mjlatshaw said:

Was able to get a Bushnell Launch Pro on the last pre-order. Was pretty excited. I went back and forth about it or the GC3. Now Im wondering if I made a mistake. 

If I pay $4k for the unlock, am I going to be able to buy more courses in the future with the FSX202 soft on my Bushnell? When I just talked to a Bushnell rep they were unsure. Anyone know yet? 

If you unlock its exactly the same as the GC3. 

I am on the 3rd round of pre-orders with the BLP. I see that the software says FSX2020 or FSX Pro. Does that mean I get to only choose one, where as the GC3 comes with both? Thanks for your help! 

Also, can anyone confirm that they have FSX running with an AMD cpu and NVIDIA graphics? 

Edited by Balboa

3 hours ago, Balboa said:

I am on the 3rd round of pre-orders with the BLP. I see that the software says FSX2020 or FSX Pro. Does that mean I get to only choose one, where as the GC3 comes with both? Thanks for your help! 

Also, can anyone confirm that they have FSX running with an AMD cpu and NVIDIA graphics? 

Great. I'm on the 3rd round too. Do you remember what percentage were you at when you purchased? I was about 56%. Hoping we get an early email saying it's on the way. Someone in the threat bought the net package but got his confirmation already. 

On the PC, it recommends not using an AMD CPU and getting an Intel i5, i7 or i9 instead. Nvidia graphic card is recommended. 

Not sure on the Software. I just picked up a gaming PC 16GB RAM, Nvidia Card, Intel i5 for $899 sale at Best Buy just to run FSX 2020. That would suck if we can't run FSX Pro as well. I assume the Gold Package unlocks everything. 

System Requirements:
(minimum spec)
  • Operating System: Windows 7 or greater (64 Bit Required) Works well with Win 8.1, & 10.
  • Processor: Min Spec: Intel i5 or i7 processors (AMD processors not recommended)
  • Memory: Min Spec: 8GB system memory
    Recommended: 16GB for best performance
  • Video Card: Min Spec: Nvidia GTX 1050 ti or greater (AMD GPUs not supported)
    Recommended: GTX 1060, 1660 or 1070, RTX 2060 Premium: RTX 2070 or greater

4 hours ago, Balboa said:

I'm using an AMD Ryzen 1700X with a GTX 970 and it runs fine on max settings at 1920x1200. I was planning to swap in an RTX 2070 I currently have in another machine to the sim machine as I didn't expect the 970 to work but was pleasantly surprised. I do expect I'll have to swap in the 2070 when the GS Pro interface is finally released and/or FSX Play is released.

Edited by whumber