2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

15 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

If you’ve had any issues and your unit is one of the first, maybe you should want to tell them you’ve had on/off issues. Want to have it inspected or replaced before warranty runs out 

Had some b4 errors a long time ago with a certain firmware and ball lock freezing on another. Seemingly no other issues not resolved by firmware updates. Spends 99% of the time plugged in so I don’t know if there’s any battery issues.  Hope I’m not one of the first to find out how much a new battery repair costs out of warranty.  😬  

Anyone running the new firmware 1.7.0.73? 

Just now, kwettig said:

Had some b4 errors a long time ago with a certain firmware and ball lock freezing on another. Seemingly no other issues not resolved by firmware updates. Spends 99% of the time plugged in so I don’t know if there’s any battery issues.  Hope I’m not one of the first to find out how much a new battery repair costs out of warranty.  😬  

we used to have B4 and C10 errors then it Went away. I don’t plug it in all the time as I don’t want to over charge the battery. Prefer it to cycle. Bummer it didn’t turn off but glad we found out before the warranty 

3 hours ago, kwettig said:

Might want to occasionally take it down to 0%. 

https://help.foresightsports.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406649401747-GC3-Battery-Maintenance-Device-Charging-

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

Thanks helpful. Figured to use the battery as much as possible and only charge below 30%. I guess you can go plugged in all the time and “de-charge” 1/mo. I’m surprised but I guess the lithium battery is really good and they tested it. 

Anyone having issues with distances with woods? My irons are spot on distances but my driver even when getting up into 120 club head is hardly carrying 280 and spins around 2400. Which is super short compared to course and and trackman. My trackman numbers where couple into 340 with over 300 carry. Seems like the past 2 updates have cause some sort of issue for me. It use to be fine before them. I’ve tried with the barometer off and on and no change. 

TSi3 9* Ventus Black 7x

TSI3 13* Tour AD HD 8X

U505 1 iron Ventus Black 10tx

T200 4-5 PX 7.0

T100s 6-pw PX 7.0

Vokey Sm8 48,54,58T

Cameron Phantom x7

4 hours ago, DroppingBombs said:

Anyone having issues with distances with woods? My irons are spot on distances but my driver even when getting up into 120 club head is hardly carrying 280 and spins around 2400. Which is super short compared to course and and trackman. My trackman numbers where couple into 340 with over 300 carry. Seems like the past 2 updates have cause some sort of issue for me. It use to be fine before them. I’ve tried with the barometer off and on and no change. 

Are you hitting from the back of the detection area? I remember some people reporting some issues when hitting shots with high ball speed from the front of the detection area.

4 hours ago, DroppingBombs said:

Anyone having issues with distances with woods? My irons are spot on distances but my driver even when getting up into 120 club head is hardly carrying 280 and spins around 2400. Which is super short compared to course and and trackman. My trackman numbers were couple into 340 with over 300 carry. Seems like the past 2 updates have cause some sort of issue for me. It use to be fine before them. I’ve tried with the barometer off and on and no change. 

I’ve noticed I’m a little shorter with 3 wood lately.  I don’t really hit driver much anymore as my ceiling isn’t high enough to not make me swing differently.  I hit a couple drivers though and checked the numbers vs flightscope trajectory optimizer and the GC3 still gave me higher carry numbers.

On 10/14/2022 at 9:54 PM, No_Ugos said:

Any change to the barometer readings?

I haven’t noticed anything unusual.

17 hours ago, DroppingBombs said:

I actually noticed the same thing on mine a couple weeks ago.  I almost never hit my driver on the sim and one day I decided I would give it a try and the exact same thing happened to me.  I figured it would get worked out with an update down the road so I haven't retested it.   Irons have been spot on but the driver was way off.

Edited by tygunz

On 10/12/2022 at 4:25 PM, kwettig said:

sent the BLP out Wed, they got it Friday and are sending me out a new one today. Really great customer service.  

I have to renew my subscription coming up. Sorry if it’s in an earlier post but I’m not clear. Are you guys running FSX 2020 on desktop still Or did any of you upgrade to Play? Is the play driving range any better? I assume when we renew the subscription, it’s still for 2020, not for Play, right? Thanks 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

sent the BLP out Wed, they got it Friday and are sending me out a new one today. Really great customer service.  

I have to renew my subscription coming up. Sorry if it’s in an earlier post but I’m not clear. Are you guys running FSX 2020 on desktop still Or did any of you upgrade to Play? Is the play driving range any better? I assume when we renew the subscription, it’s still for 2020, not for Play, right? Thanks 

Play is included in Gold right now

On 10/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, whumber said:

Are you hitting from the back of the detection area? I remember some people reporting some issues when hitting shots with high ball speed from the front of the detection area.

I’ve tried everything lol the best solution was to remove the dot on clubface but still seems to be 20 yards off. Had a couple finally read 170 but still down a bit on that end too. I’m guessing something was changed with the past updates and hopefully they can figure it out. It’s hard to play when my 7i goes 190 but my 2i only goes 220 lol and driver 250. 

TSi3 9* Ventus Black 7x

TSI3 13* Tour AD HD 8X

T200 4-5 PX 7.0

T100s 6-pw PX 7.0

Vokey Sm8 48,54,58T

Cameron Phantom x7

On 10/17/2022 at 11:05 AM, tygunz said:

I actually noticed the same thing on mine a couple weeks ago.  I almost never hit my driver on the sim and one day I decided I would give it a try and the exact same thing happened to me.  I figured it would get worked out with an update down the road so I haven't retested it.   Irons have been spot on but the driver was way off.

That’s what I’m thinking I’ll wait it out in see. I know they tried to fix the low spin 400 drives people would get some im assuming it’s something to do with that patch 

TSi3 9* Ventus Black 7x

TSI3 13* Tour AD HD 8X

T200 4-5 PX 7.0

T100s 6-pw PX 7.0

Vokey Sm8 48,54,58T

Cameron Phantom x7

Is there consensus that FSX PLAY is worth upgrading to?

A friend of mine has GC4 and asked me if it's worth the $500.  

Any pitfalls to the upgrade?  Is it really just a graphics upgrade?

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

On 10/16/2022 at 6:29 PM, ilikegolf26 said:

What’s best carry bag for the GC3? Looking for something a little cheaper than the $175 Foresight one….

I use this with my quad. More discrete as well

https://www.amazon.com/CADeN-Professional-Mirrorless-Waterproof-Accessories/dp/B07L68MRQL/ref=sr_1_3?crid=MMPCTV9ZESPU&keywords=camera+backpack&qid=1666207972&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI3LjIyIiwicXNhIjoiNi44NiIsInFzcCI6IjYuMzMifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=camera+backpack%2Caps%2C618&sr=8-3

14 minutes ago, Krt22 said:

Thanks. It says it has a PC compartment but don’t see photos showing it. Does it have a place for a laptop?

2 hours ago, DNice26 said:

I’m surprised he has to pay. I have a BLP (GC3) and just upgraded it last night no extra charge. I like it. Yes. Better graphics so far. I’m still trying to figure out how to change the red trace line to blue lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frank_Dux said:

I’m surprised he has to pay. I have a BLP (GC3) and just upgraded it last night no extra charge. I like it. Yes. Better graphics so far. I’m still trying to figure out how to change the red trace line to blue lol

Maybe he doesn't...?     How do we confirm that?    I noticed it asks for the foresight license #.  When you type that in, would it update to say the FSX Play is free?

Thank you!

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

4 minutes ago, DNice26 said:

Maybe he doesn't...?     How do we confirm that?    I noticed it asks for the foresight license #.  When you type that in, would it update to say the FSX Play is free?

Thank you!

Ah, maybe because I have  a subscription for the BLP.  Best is for him to call Foresight and ask

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DNice26 said:

I only play courses on Play.  I rarely start up 2020 anymore.  The graphics just make it that much more enjoyable for me.  Pitfalls: The data is better in 2020.  I have a swing camera coming so that will change as I can use the camera replay in 2020.  Some contests are not on Play yet.  

When I upgraded I received Harbor Town and Del Monte courses with the upgrade so it kind of lessened the blow of paying for an upgrade that was rumored to be free.  I’d be sure to take advantage if they have any promotions they might have for the upgrade.

If they have a GC3 it’s a paid upgrade software purchase.  Unlocked BLP would be a paid upgrade as well.  It’s included on the new subscription silver and gold tiers and they basically added it in to the new higher price of the BLP.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwettig said:

I only play courses on Play.  I rarely start up 2020 anymore.  The graphics just make it that much more enjoyable for me.  Pitfalls: The data is better in 2020.  I have a swing camera coming so that will change as I can use the camera replay in 2020.  Some contests are not on Play yet.  

When I upgraded I received Harbor Town and Del Monte courses with the upgrade so it kind of lessened the blow of paying for an upgrade that was rumored to be free.  I’d be sure to take advantage if they have any promotions they might have for the upgrade.

If they have a GC3 it’s a paid upgrade software purchase.  Unlocked BLP would be a paid upgrade as well.  It’s included on the new subscription silver and gold tiers and they basically added it in to the new higher price of the BLP.  

Can you change the color of the shot tracer for the Range on Play? For the life of me I couldn't find how to lol