2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Adidas Golf 2022

ZG21 just feels like you bought an adidas running shoe with spikes on it for grass. I find it really is a matter of preference, some really like the formal "feet locked into the turf" feeling of rigid golf shoes more like the 360 and GFores, some prefer a little more fluidity in their feet that a sneaker like shoe provides. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SilenceX said:

ZG21 just feels like you bought an adidas running shoe with spikes on it for grass. I find it really is a matter of preference, some really like the formal "feet locked into the turf" feeling of rigid golf shoes more like the 360 and GFores, some prefer a little more fluidity in their feet that a sneaker like shoe provides. 

Used some pro shop credit to buy some Gfore Debossed Gallivanter and wore them first time yesterday. Pleasantly surprised by the traction, but disappointed in the comfort. Not sure I would want to walk 18 in them. ZG21 are comfortable and the lockdown traction is unmatched IMO. 

2 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

I returned mine too. Returning my GFores too. Can you compare the 360 to the ZG21? I owned the 360 for about an hour and have tried the ZG21 a few times. Looking for others thoughts.

Didn’t like the MG4x2?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

8 minutes ago, Minarets said:

Didn’t like the MG4x2?

Posted in that thread. Just too loose in the toe and heel area. Just not as stable as I hoped. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

4 hours ago, Junior2594 said:

Glad I returned my 360's

Got these bad boys today at PGA Superstore

Super Clean

70708.jpeg

70709.jpeg

Thanks for posting.  I have been waiting for these to show up on the adidas website.  Just ordered 2 pair

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)

Vokey SM9 (5012F, 5614F, 608M)

Odyssey AI-One double wide DB

1 minute ago, JSSPRADLIN said:

Thanks for posting.  I have been waiting for these to show up on the adidas website.  Just ordered 2 pair

I don’t see them on adidas.com

4 hours ago, SilenceX said:

Definitely a matter of personal preference, but the ZG21 is the first golf shoe I've ever worn that was as comfortable as a running shoe, with as much grip as a spiked shoe, with solid water proofing that actually held up.  

These just check every box for me.  Can wear them whether it's hot and dry or pouring down rain.  

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)

1 minute ago, Minarets said:

I don’t see them on adidas.com

They aren't.  But they are on the PGA tour superstore website.  I hadn't been looking at retailer sites.  

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)

Have worn my Solarthon walking two rounds this week in the hot weather here. Super comfortable, these truly are just like a running shoe.

• Like 2

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

Spent another hour at PGA SS trying on lots of shoes. Got it narrowed down to the ZG21 and ‘22 Code Chaos. Both great shoes. Chose the ZG21 because I mostly play in wet conditions in the mornings and wants the spikes. Plus the CC had a minor area that bothered me on the left foot. ZG21 are just very comfortable, light weight, and very stable. Looking forward to my round in the morning waking in these. 

Appreciate the help in this thread and the GFore thread. 

• Like 2

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

5 hours ago, OspreyCI said:

Spent another hour at PGA SS trying on lots of shoes. Got it narrowed down to the ZG21 and ‘22 Code Chaos. Both great shoes. Chose the ZG21 because I mostly play in wet conditions in the mornings and wants the spikes. Plus the CC had a minor area that bothered me on the left foot. ZG21 are just very comfortable, light weight, and very stable. Looking forward to my round in the morning waking in these. 

Appreciate the help in this thread and the GFore thread. 

what made you decide on the ZG21 over the MG4+?

I have some CodeChaos 21 that are super comfortable but the waterproofing is absolutely horrible. After 3 months they basically had no waterproofing. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KParks said:

what made you decide on the ZG21 over the MG4+?

I have some CodeChaos 21 that are super comfortable but the waterproofing is absolutely horrible. After 3 months they basically had no waterproofing. 

The MG4+ does not have the heel cushion of the Adidas boost. MG4X2 just too much room and not very stable. I had a short stint with CC when they released, but sold because I liked spikes at the time where I played. I would say the ‘22 CC where very comfortable and seemed even lighter that the original. May be not trying them in for a awhile. Waterproof is a big vacuum in what shoes I wear. Sounds weird saying that because I live in AZ. Haha. I just play all my rounds first thing in the morning after all night watering. 

ZG21 just won out in every aspect and I know my feet won’t get soaked in these. 

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I picked up a pair of the new Tour 360s in the all white and silver yesterday, and played a round with them this morning.  I found them very comfortable out of the box in the toe box and they were very stable. I love the way the look as well.  

My only complaint was the heels started to blister around the 9th hole.  I was walking a hilly course, and the last Tour 360 model did the same thing to me the first time I took them straight to the course and not to the range a few times to break them in.  Fortunately, I had some athletic tape in my bag, so that helped with the heels.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

Blisters seem to be an issue with the 360 over the years. Don't know why they always go with the leather heel liner and not fabric of some sort. 

• Like 2

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

I do love their look. 

On 1/21/2022 at 11:28 PM, JSSPRADLIN said:

Has anyone found a good replacement spike for their ZG21's?  

Any replacement spikes set up for the “Pins” system will work.  I bought these, and so far they have been great:

Softspikes Stealth Cleat -PINS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BIZPWYA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_PYE8BNV6775A3HC6E9R6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by cookout14

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR

Titleist TSr2+ Ventus TR

Titleist TSr3 18 Ventus TR

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-6 | Tour 7-PW $-Taper

Mizuno T20 50/54/58 $-Taper

SC Phantom X 5.5 / Bettinardi Tour Exempt LN BB1

57 minutes ago, cookout14 said:

Any replacement spikes set up for the “Pins” system will work.  I bought these, and so far they have been great:

Softspikes Stealth Cleat -PINS https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BIZPWYA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_PYE8BNV6775A3HC6E9R6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Awesome.  Thanks

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)

I'm wondering if the ZG21 was a one off shoe?  It appeared last year as the Tour 360 replacement and now the new '22 models are coming out.  Is Adidas planning to release alternate year updates on their shoes?  Just picked up a pair of ZG21 shoes too and although I haven't worn them on the course (we have around 2 feet of snow around Boston at the moment) they were very comfortable trying them on and appear to be very stable.  Hope they work out this year.

15 minutes ago, jimb6golf said:

I'm wondering if the ZG21 was a one off shoe?  It appeared last year as the Tour 360 replacement and now the new '22 models are coming out.  Is Adidas planning to release alternate year updates on their shoes?  Just picked up a pair of ZG21 shoes too and although I haven't worn them on the course (we have around 2 feet of snow around Boston at the moment) they were very comfortable trying them on and appear to be very stable.  Hope they work out this year.

Here's a new color on ADC...

(https://www.adidas.com/us/zg21-golf-shoes/GW0215.html)

Screenshot_20220131-090952_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Walked my first round in the ZG21 yesterday and they were so comfortable right out of the box. Nice stability, excellent heal cushion, and just overall very comfortable. They clean up really easily too. Happy to not have wet feet anymore coming from 369 Prime Knits.

Happy with my final choice with these as I only purchase one pair of shoes a year and walk all my rounds. 

• Like 2

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 1/30/2022 at 8:29 PM, fredstar said:

Blisters seem to be an issue with the 360 over the years. Don't know why they always go with the leather heel liner and not fabric of some sort. 

I didn't even think about the leather and blisters until I started to feel the rubbing of my heal.  I should have known it might have happened from previous shoes and the breaking in of them.  After breaking them in, blisters weren't an issue again.  

I've seen other shoes with fabric on the heal wear very poorly from being used a lot, so maybe that's why they go with leather?  That's about the only thing I can think of.  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

On 1/30/2022 at 9:29 PM, fredstar said:

YES!

I started walking last year and both pair of my tour360's gave me heel blisters. I thought it was me, but now see I am not the only one

Moving to the ZG21 this year

I just got the white/white adidas tour360s in today. They look great and fit good to size but the first thing I felt was the heel. It's leather and hard plastic on the back and I just know that they'll tear up the back of my heels after one round. Love the shoe but sending them back for the $220ish price tag for what they feel like in the heel. Played the ZG21 last year and those were great.

Edited by HappyGilmore22

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

I hate to beat a dead bush on this …..

My 360’s came in last night. Wanted to put them on and walk around the house for a bit. I thought others where exaggerating about the heel. Nope. Slid them on and, yup, that heel tongue is insane. Thick thick. Thick. 

Otherwise they felt phenomenal. Not quite sure what I’m going to do….

5 hours ago, VanTheMan0519 said:

I hate to beat a dead bush on this …..

My 360’s came in last night. Wanted to put them on and walk around the house for a bit. I thought others where exaggerating about the heel. Nope. Slid them on and, yup, that heel tongue is insane. Thick thick. Thick. 

Otherwise they felt phenomenal. Not quite sure what I’m going to do….

Have you tried them with a pair of tab socks on?  I know that helps me if there's a shoe that irritates my achilles with no show (no tab) socks.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Redbird said:

Have you tried them with a pair of tab socks on?  I know that helps me if there's a shoe that irritates my achilles with no show (no tab) socks.  

Yes! In my case, it’s the entire leather backing. My Achilles was fine but the area more near the heel. It sucks. I love the look of these shoes 100%. 

10 hours ago, Redbird said:

I wonder why these aren't on the Adidas app?  

Not sure.  It's frustrating but the all white ZG21, the Grey CodeChaos the Navy Flop Shot and the Navy S2G are all on retailer sites but not on adidas site.  I have no idea why they do this.  

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)