2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Level Golf - New! 902 PD

i*windows

Can't say anything but excellent about these clubs.  I would recommend them in a heartbeat.  Also, I saw an IG post where they were checking the frequency on a shaft.  They posted that they check all the shafts and sort by frequency so the whole set matches.  Now that's what I think is cool about this company.  Your clubs will be the specs you ordered.  

• Like 1

Sim max driver
915 4w
913 hybrid
C300 4 iron...Staff Model blade 5-P
Vokey wedges

SpiderX

TP5

I did a demo of the 902-OS and enjoyed it enough to order a set. Look and feel are amazing, and on the launch sim it's numbers are right up there with any of the OEM's I tried. My only "complaint" was lack of grip options, but after speaking with Eric it made sense why, so I just ordered their grips loose in the box to keep as spares down the road. Turnaround time was two days from order to being told they were ready for pickup (I live local), which of course was way faster than I was expecting and my grips weren't anywhere close to being in yet, so I had to sit around and stare at my new irons while I waited. Well, my Gripmaster roo's finally came in yesterday and I got my clubs all assembled, can't wait to take them out this weekend. 

21 hours ago, vman said:

Anybody got a 902 PD pitching wedge pic at address. Need to see the offset. Thanks in advance

Can't help you on the PD's, but they're listed at 2.0mm, same as the OS, so here's the OS pitching wedge for reference. 

IMG-0471.jpg

Edited by SilenceX

On 5/6/2022 at 7:25 AM, skmcclure said:

I don’t know how I missed that. Thanks @ikegoody

My demo 632 CB arrived on Monday, took it took the range Tuesday and it reminds me so much of the Hogan Edge GS set that I always regretted getting rid of.  A well struck shot feels so nice and smooth. And you know it by feel exactly where and how much you missed on a not so well struck shot.  Seems to be about a full club shorter than my Callaway '19 Apex which is what I was expecting.

2 hours ago, SilenceX said:

I did a demo of the 902-OS and enjoyed it enough to order a set. Look and feel are amazing, and on the launch sim it's numbers are right up there with any of the OEM's I tried. My only "complaint" was lack of grip options, but after speaking with Eric it made sense why, so I just ordered their grips loose in the box to keep as spares down the road. Turnaround time was two days from order to being told they were ready for pickup (I live local), which of course was way faster than I was expecting and my grips weren't anywhere close to being in yet, so I had to sit around and stare at my new irons while I waited. Well, my Gripmaster roo's finally came in yesterday and I got my clubs all assembled, can't wait to take them out this weekend. 

Can't help you on the PD's, but they're listed at 2.0mm, same as the OS, so here's the OS pitching wedge for reference. 

IMG-0471.jpg

Many thanks, I emailed Eric and he took and sent me a pic straight away. I mean you don't get that kind of response from the OEM'S.

Whatever works.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the 902PD with SF i95R last week. Eric had them build and shipped in two days. I received on Tuesday, and have walked nine with them twice this week. 

You guys might remember I have (had) the PF-1/PF-2 combo with Elevate 105S. I bought the new irons hoping the graphite would ease some aches and pains. 

Some early impressions, these feel just as good through the ball as the PF. I couldn’t say that about the original 902, which I demoed with the PF. I feel a thin shot more pronounced with the 902PD, but there is practically zero penalty except for the lower trajectory. Between the stronger lofts and 10gm lighter shafts, these are one club longer than the PF (expected).  Just like the PF, the 902PD are uncanny accurate. Better than I deserved on several swings. 

At address, the New Level irons are some of the best looking out there. 

I ordered these without grips. Added Star grips myself. Gotta brag on those grips. They are grippy and comfy. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 with Speeder NX Blue

Titleist TSi1 7 wood with Tensei Blue

Taylormade P790 UDI 2 iron

New Level 902PD irons with SF i95R

Titleist SM7 50° and 60°, Cleveland RDX 56°

Odyssey OG1

Maxfli Tour ball

I’m going to get NL 902-PD later this year or next year. Setup:

Utility - 21 (20)

5i - 25 (24)

6i - 28

7i - 32

8i - 36

9i - 40

PW - 44

AW - 48

GW (S) - 52

SW (M) - 56

LW (M) - 60

Plus Driver at 9 degrees and 4-wood at 17 degrees.

Edited by kevinmdowney

In the bag:

9 Degree BOM w/ Aldila NVS 65

17 Degree BOM 4 Wood w/ Aldila NVS 65

21 Degree Dynacraft Utility Iron

4-PW, 52, 56, 60 Alpha MDC Irons & Wedges w/ Apollo Acculite 95 Shafts

Star Sidewinder Midsize Grips

32” Callaway Divine Line Putter 

Had been emailing back and forth with Eric for a bit and finally pulled the trigger a few weeks back.  I decided to get heads only and was fitted by my local Top 100 fitter.  These are amazing irons!  Super soft and going down to the 105 gram shaft was a nice change for this not-so-young golfer.  The "Scooby Doo" ferrules are a nice touch too! 🙂  I will say the forging is very soft and they already show some bag chatter, but my MacGregors are 30 years old and perform just fine with a nice patina and smattering of dings.  I also put the SPN-M Wedges into the bag (50/56) as well.  The shape is classic and fits my eye very well.  I would recommend these to anyone asking!  

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

Edited by tomc262
  • Like 2

Ping G410 Driver
Cally Epic 4 Wood

Founders Club 200 Series MBs or BeCu Ping Eye2 or MacGregor CB92s, Ping Eye2 SW

Ping Zing2, MyDay in BeCu or Goodwood SS Sunday

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to give these a go. I have some Catalyst 100s that were in my MMC’s and finally got a shaft puller after working on clubs for close to 5 decades (coolest thing ever in my mind but i digress) Anyway the MMCs are going to Roger Dunn in the morning along with my Vokey wedges. I’m going full old man(ish) Just turned 55 and i really want to play some senior amateur events. That 57 yr old playing at the County Club has me all fired up. Anyway just ordered 5-A in the 902 PD and really looking forward to building them up based on everything ive read!

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got em to the golf course today and they did not disappoint! 

E2CF18AB-450B-46BB-AAA0-1DF339A808DF.jpeg

• Like 4

New Level SPN Milled 53 

Well, I’m in.  Got a demo OS iron here for a steal and loved it.  While they call it OS, it’s more mid sized.  Mostly just longer heel to toe but great topline and small offset, like a J40 DPC.  Then I remembered the 623M’s I had several years ago and liked then asked myself why I ever moved them?  

I got fit into some Mizuno 225 earlier this year and honestly the build quality was atrocious.  2 of the irons showed up with epoxy on the ferrule or hosel, 3 irons had loose ferrules running up the shaft, and the align grips were all crooked (I had to redo them)…and I waited 3 months for them.  I understand the situation the industry is in, but for $1200 plus - not acceptable to me.  Time to look elsewhere…

I reached out to some stand up members who gave me some thoughts and opinions - specials thanks to @dmeeksDC and @SuperDave.  I sent some emails to NL and Eric was super responsive as others have noted.  We discussed build options down to swing weight details.   I loved I could get Recoil 110 as a more than reasonable priced upgrade built exactly how I wanted them. He even let me order some BB&F ferrules shipped to NL to use in the build…so I jumped on a set of PD and a utility iron.

Cant wait to get them!  For reference or those considering a purchase, here’s some pics courtesy of my buddy @Nixhex524 that sealed the deal.  

I highly recommend reaching out to NL and considering a purchase!

902 OS vs PD (OS on left)

D0D4BA41-9E91-4973-B6BE-6098132A189F.jpeg.46bc79ae8916c0b45f09a6d09da199f6.jpeg

902 PD vs ZX7 (PD on left)

64001D01-9577-4BF7-99DC-5D61E6C0FCC1.jpeg.31e1279b9ee263086138f26fb1b1cb63.jpeg

Edited by CC Stryder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CC Stryder said:

Well, I’m in.  Got a demo OS iron here for a steal and loved it.  While they call it OS, it’s more mid sized.  Mostly just longer heel to toe but great topline and small offset, like a J40 DPC.  Then I remembered the 623M’s I had several years ago and liked then asked myself why I ever moved them?  

I got fit into some Mizuno 225 earlier this year and honestly the build quality was atrocious.  2 of the irons showed up with epoxy on the ferrule or hosel, 3 irons had loose ferrules running up the shaft, and the align grips were all crooked (I had to redo them)…and I waited 3 months for them.  I understand the situation the industry is in, but for $1200 plus - not acceptable to me.  Time to look elsewhere…

I reached out to some stand up members who gave me some thoughts and opinions - specials thanks to @dmeeksDC and @SuperDave.  I sent some emails to NL and Eric was super responsive as others have noted.  We discussed build options down to swing weight details.   I loved I could get Recoil 110 as a more than reasonable priced upgrade built exactly how I wanted them. He even let me order some BB&F ferrules shipped to NL to use in the build…so I jumped on a set of PD and a utility iron.

Cant wait to get them!  For reference or those considering a purchase, here’s some pics courtesy of my buddy @Nixhex524 that sealed the deal.  

I highly recommend reaching out to NL and considering a purchase!

902 OS vs PD (OS on left)

D0D4BA41-9E91-4973-B6BE-6098132A189F.jpeg.46bc79ae8916c0b45f09a6d09da199f6.jpeg

902 PD vs ZX7 (PD on left)

64001D01-9577-4BF7-99DC-5D61E6C0FCC1.jpeg.31e1279b9ee263086138f26fb1b1cb63.jpeg

Nicely done. You will love them. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

I recently picked up a 7i-AW set of 902PD after testing.  Really impressed with the quality of these irons, the build, the responsiveness of Eric and his team, and the turnaround time.  So impressed that I ordered and received SPN wedges in 52 and 56.  

Smooth, consistent, gorgeous.....all you can ask for in an iron set.

Here's some pictures of the wedges.

• Like 1

Yep, you will love them Chad @CC Stryder!!!  

I had some 902 PD before courtesy of @dmeeksDC, and was blown away by the quality of these irons.  The milling on the heads is beautiful and the satin finish is exactly what I want..  traded them away and decided to take the plunge again only this time with the OS in the 4 and 5 irons as my ZX7 set has a ZX5 4 iron so I want a good comparison but with a heavier shaft in the NL.  I will get these out tmw for their maiden voyage, very much looking forward to it!!!  Will report back, but I already know they perform.  

• Like 3

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, captwilks67 said:

Mine arrive today. Taking them out for a round this afternoon and can’t wait!! Ordered on Thursday and they arrive today!! 

insane turn around. Can’t wait to compare to my ZX5s and P790s 

I’ll be interested as I have the ZX5’s

Ping G430 Max 10.5, VA Nemesis 55 four

Ping G430 5-18, VA Vylyn 65 four

Ping G430 4H, 5H, 6H, Alta 70S

Mizuno Pro 245, 6-gw. MMT 85S

Ping S159 54S, & 54H, MMT 105S

Odyssey Nano 7, stroke lab

Pro V 1X or Z-Star XV

I ordered the 902PD Demo 7 iron a month ago and played for about 4 rounds, couldn’t believe how good it felt. I was fitted for a set of PXG 0311p Gen 3s last fall but I never loved the turf interaction. Pulled the trigger and ordered the rest of the NL 905PD irons and they came in last week. After a couple of rounds I took them in to my guy and had the lofts and lies checked and adjusted.

These irons are some of the nicest feeling forged clubs I have owned plus they are very forgiving. I’m a sweeper and the thinner soles plus the worn leading edge make these irons cut thru the turf. 
The only negative I’ve found is with the PW and the way the top line cuts into the hosel it gives the appearance of more offset. Reminds me of the older Mizuno irons, but in sure I’ll get use to the look. 

Edited by Sparty4202
  • Like 2
  • Driver - Ping G400 10.5 Graphite Design VR 5 R1
  • Wood - Taylormade Sim TI 5 wood 19* (17.5) Diamana 65R
  • Wood - Callaway Epic Speed 7 wood 21* HZRDUS 60-5.5
  • Hybrid - Ping G430 22* R 
  • Hybrid - Ping G425 26* @ 25* R
  • Irons - New Level 902 PD 6-PW & AW Elevate MPH 95 R 
  • Wedge - Ping Glide 2.0 50* AWT 
  • Wedge - Callaway  MD3 Milled 56/10 TT Elevate MPH 95 R
  • Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird 34” 
  • Ball - Maxfli Tour 

Alright. Just got done with my round. These are insanely good. The 902PD compared to ZX5s is like night and day. 

they are more forgiving while carrying longer distances. They definitely feel a little lighter in the hand. They cut through turf incredibly well. The accuracy is point and shoot. They look amazing at address and definitely have a wonderful forged feel. 

i will be listing my ZX5s and P790s today. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sparty4202 said:

The only negative I’ve found is with the PW and the way the top line cuts into the hosel it gives the appearance of more offset. Reminds me of the older Mizuno irons, but in sure I’ll get use to the look. 

I thought the same thing on the 9-AW.  In fact, the first range session I did with mine, I hit a couple of hosel rockets while trying to turn the ball over.  Seemed like the hosel was getting in the way as I shut the club face.  I will caveat that I normally play BH Icons or Titleist MBs or similar with a small profile.  It required an adjustment period but isn't a deal breaker.  

The clubs perform very well and I am impressed by the feel in a DTC iron.  Having used thin soled irons for most of my life, they aren't as friendly in deep rough.  But without that reference, I would think they are great.  If that makes any sense....  Once you've hit a 690 or 712 MB out of thick rough, everything else feels grabby.  

I don't think you can go wrong with these sticks unless you are a near scratch player looking for all those workability options.  They are point and shoot with premium feel and reasonable forgiveness.

1 hour ago, CMoore2J said:

I am currently looking into demoing these - I currently play Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, am looking for something slightly more forgiving but not  P790 like rocket launchers - would the 902PD fit that profile? 

I think these would suit your needs nicely.  They aren't rocket launchers at all.  My length dispersion comment was caused by expectation.  I am looking for irons that hit a specific yardage within 3 yards +/-.  Most golfers have a wider error range and a cavity back like these suit that expectation.  The 902 PD are slightly stronger lofted identical to the T100s.  So the AW is the same as a normal PW (48°), or what the kids now call "Retro Loft,"  Haha.

Edited by OnTheBag

I have a set of Srixon 585 and a set of 902-PD. The 902 are noticeably smaller with a thinner top line. If you like the size of the ZX5, you may look at the 902-OS. Same tech as the PD. 10% larger profile. 

Odyssey OG1

Maxfli Tour ball

585 on the left, 902-PD on the right. The loft difference jumps out, along with size diff. 

73844CC3-3FE4-4417-B688-61DDBBF5D405.jpeg.862bd1c70e5974ab2df2ffff084fd614.jpeg

• Like 1

Odyssey OG1

Maxfli Tour ball

1 hour ago, dlovage said:

I recently bought a single iron 1126 and loves it. How would it compare to the newer PD and OS 902s?

Much more similar to the 902-OS. In fact, I’d say if you can play one the other will be no problem. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

These look pretty sweet.  I need to hit one.  

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

• 2 weeks later...

Late afternoon solo nine getting some reps in. Number 8 is a longish downhill par 3. 5 iron from the blacks@ 217,  6 iron from the blues@ 200, and 7 iron from the whites @ 180. 5 iron is actually the closest 

F36A24AF-AA67-4EBA-A1FD-21AD740E8961.jpeg

FFE2F884-E628-444A-9717-16E992B5BA16.jpeg

• Like 1

New Level SPN Milled 53