2022 Masters - Who is going?

2bGood

36 minutes ago, dmbolp said:

Going; got 4 Mondays thru the 2020 lottery

I got 4 Tuesday badges courtesy of the 2020 lottery.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

9 minutes ago, dmbolp said:

I live 2 hours away, been to about 10 Mondays, 1 Wednesday, 1 Saturday.  I think Monday is the best day to be there in person.  Course is in perfect shape, Tiger goes off #1 at 8am on Mondays (if he's there), most of the big names play at least 9 holes, allowed to bring a camera in, all the merch is still available, and tie it to a guys golf weekend the previous FRI-SUN.  And the Sunday night before is the easiest night to get a hotel in town all week, so as to be on the course when the gates open. 

Yeah that would be a good experience. A 2 hour drive isn’t bad at all. I’m just not big on watching practice. Have never been able to get into pre-season baseball or football either. But like I said. Nothing but good feelings for anyone that is into it and gets the chance. 
But I’m with Allen…

image.gif.2ef954a2d1440e80b750d7763750d222.gif

LOL

Edited by TiScape
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Yeah that would be a good experience. A 2 hour drive isn’t bad at all. I’m just not big on watching practice. Have never been able to get into pre-season baseball or football either. But like I said. Nothing but good feelings for anyone that is into it and gets the chance. 
But I’m with Allen…

image.gif.2ef954a2d1440e80b750d7763750d222.gif

LOL

🤣

I know but I imagine, especially if one has never been there, Monday be really cool to see Augusta, see the players (especially TW or the top guys since it gets crazy to try to follow them during the event), and a more chill vibe.

As you know, golf if different than going to a baseball game where all the action is right in front of you.

Its so spread out in golf and as dope as big TVs are now, it can be much better to watch in the comfort of home. 

Just now, bscinstnct said:

🤣

I know but I imagine, especially if one has never been there, Monday be really cool to see Augusta, see the players (especially TW or the top guys since it gets crazy to try to follow them during the event), and a more chill vibe.

As you know, golf is different than going to a baseball game where all the action is right in front of you.

Its so spread out in golf and as dope as big TVs are now, it can be much better to watch in the comfort of home. 

Is it?! Has the topic of the comparison ever come up here??? 😂😜🙃

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Is it?! Has the topic of the comparison ever come up here??? 😂😜🙃

Well, I been million ball games but only one golf event. 2019 PGA Championship. 

Went on Thursday and TW was teeing off early so we got there real early, saw some range and then…TW on the practice putting green. It was dope!

And fortunately, since it was early and TW and BK we’re teeing off on the 9th, and the ninth like miles away, it was a little wet ground and Bethpage has some hills to traverse, was not even many people on TW first hole!

Waiting for TW and got to see Sergio and AScott hit driver on the other hole. AS bigger in person than TV and he piped this ball like just kept rising.

Then, TW come waking over and go straight in the porto potty! 🤣. But was quick lol. TW play like crap but got to see him and BK really up close for like 3 holes. Then, was like poof! Millions of TW fans show up and wasn’t worth following anymore since he hacking lol.

So, cruised around, parked at a few good holes, saw most everybody. Even saw JD in his golf cart!

But, back to my analogy…it must be really tough to follow the leaders and really see much. And on TV you get to see everything! But, I guess if someday TW in the hunt at a major on Sunday, I’ll have to check that out ; )

Thats not me in the Tiger get up, I swear! 🤣

9D6A91BB-6B85-40DE-AC49-01775048D344.jpeg

ADDF7BC4-247F-4BBB-8436-7EBB714B803F.jpeg

854B2B27-8A84-4B2C-9E03-1C81394EEB60.jpeg

9BB36578-3D71-4726-9D11-C2395E7CE30B.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Well, I been million ball games but only one golf event. 2019 PGA Championship. 

Went on Thursday and TW was teeing off early so we got there real early, saw some range and then…TW on the practice putting green. It was dope!

And fortunately, since it was early and TW and BK we’re teeing off on the 9th, and the ninth like miles away, it was a little wet ground and Bethpage has some hills to traverse, was not even many people on TW first hole!

Waiting for TW and got to see Sergio and AScott hit driver on the other hole. AS bigger in person than TV and he piped this ball like just kept rising.

Then, TW come waking over and go straight in the porto potty! 🤣. But was quick lol. TW play like crap but got to see him and BK really up close for like 3 holes. Then, was like poof! Millions of TW fans show up and wasn’t worth following anymore since he hacking lol.

So, cruised around, parked at a few good holes, saw most everybody. Even saw JD in his golf cart!

But, back to my analogy…it must be really tough to follow the leaders and really see much. And on TV you get to see everything! But, I guess if someday TW in the hunt at a major on Sunday, I’ll have to check that out ; )

Thats not me in the Tiger get up, I swear! 🤣

9D6A91BB-6B85-40DE-AC49-01775048D344.jpeg

ADDF7BC4-247F-4BBB-8436-7EBB714B803F.jpeg

854B2B27-8A84-4B2C-9E03-1C81394EEB60.jpeg

9BB36578-3D71-4726-9D11-C2395E7CE30B.jpeg

I agree with your last paragraph. When it comes to golf, I like watching on TV much more than in person. Baseball, definitely in person. Football in person only if I’m on the 50ish. If you are towards the end and the action is on the opposite side of the field, you can’t tell if they picked up 1 yard or 8! 

2 hours ago, RobotDoctor said:

I went to the Monday practice round in 2015.  While the tournament is not going on it is still worth going.  Seeing the course with your own eyes is very enlightening and a slight shock.  Everyone thinks they know this course well because they have seen it on TV many times over many years.  Being on the grounds offers a perspective that simply cannot be conveyed.  For those who don't want to be bothered going to practice rounds please don't apply.  That gives the rest of us a slightly better chance to be selected.  I will continue to apply for tickets as long as ANGC and The Masters tournament committee offers this option.  Practice rounds or tournament rounds, makes no difference to me.

I would agree with you that seeing it on TV/in pictures, doesn’t do it justice. If the only way someone is able to be on the grounds and experience it is by going to a practice round, I say go for it. I’m very fortunate that I have the option, so I pass on the practice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TiScape said:

I agree. But hey, to each their own. Personally I’m only making the effort to go for a tournament day. 

I have always been a big fan of taking in practice round, great way to see the course and get up closer to the players.

I have 4 Wednesday tickets through the lotto so I get to see the par 3 contest. I will end up grabbing a Tuesday ticket and Thursday ticket since I am there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2bGood said:

I have always been a big fan of taking in practice round, great way to see the course and get up closer to the players.

I have 4 Wednesday tickets through the lotto so I get to see the par 3 contest. I will end up grabbing a Tuesday ticket and Thursday ticket since I am there.

That’s awesome. Enjoy

I haven’t decided if I’m going. If I do it will most likely be Sat/Sun. 

Edited by TiScape

13 hours ago, TiScape said:

I would agree with you that seeing it on TV/in pictures, doesn’t do it justice. If the only way someone is able to be on the grounds and experience it is by going to a practice round, I say go for it. I’m very fortunate that I have the option, so I pass on the practice. 

In your case I would agree.  I've never been to the tournament proper and hope one day I will be able to do that.  One thing I will not do is buy from a ticket broker or scalper.  It is a risky thing to do.  Maybe one day I'll be fortunate enough to be selected in the lottery or be invited by someone.  

• Like 1

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

It’s crazy to me that these golf fans are not aware of how insanely competitive the market is for ANGC practice round tickets. This is a HUGE deal. They (practice round tickets) go for literally thousands of dollars (if not won via lottery) and are sold out every single year.

A trip to ANGC is in many cases a once in a lifetime experience.

It’s the only venue in golf that can demand this kind of practice round traffic.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CCTxGolf said:

It’s crazy to me that these golf fans are not aware of how insanely competitive the market is for ANGC practice round tickets. This is a HUGE deal. They (practice round tickets) go for literally thousands of dollars (if not won via lottery) and are sold out every single year.

A trip to ANGC is in many cases a once in a lifetime experience.

It’s the only venue in golf that can demand this kind of practice round traffic.

I’m fortunate that I’ve been a few times and have never had to enter the lottery or buy from a broker or scalper. I am aware there is a demand for practice tickets, had no idea that they go for thousands! I’ve always thought the lottery was only for tournament days 🤷🏼‍♂️ Haha 😜

My wife and I have two tickets for Saturday's round (originally got them through the lottery for 2020 spring--was guaranteed getting tickets again via reentering the lottery).  Will be our first time there and as excited as I am to finally see the course, my wife is even more excited.  Playing golf mid-late week prior in Charlotte with in-laws and staying Friday night in Columbia for the 60 mile trek to Augusta Saturday morning.  

• Like 2

PXG Black Ops 10.5* w/Fujikura Motore F3
PING G425 Max 3 wood w/ALTA CB 65 Slate

Taylormade Stealth 15* w/Hzrdus RDX 75

SRIXON 3 (22°) Utility Iron w/Recoil Dart F3   
PXG 0317T (5-W) w/Recoil Dart F4

PXG Sugar Daddy II 56* w/Recoil Dart F4

VOKEY SM9 50° & 60° w/Tensei AV
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 w/Accra Shaft (Black on Black)
PRO V1x

• 2 months later...

Have 4 practice round tickets for Tuesday from the 2020 lottery but two of my buds are iffy this time  around...should be able to find replacements pretty easily!!

TaylorMade Sim Max 9.5*
Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
TaylorMade P790 5-PW
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
Scotty Cameron 009m
Bridgestone Tour Bx

18 hours ago, 2bGood said:

Surprised so few wax members are making the pilgrimage this year. 

I'm not really. People who won these tickets won them three years ago. Situations/things/life changes. Frankly its been such a hassle scheduling and cancelling things twice already if we had gotten postponed on again, I'd probably be selling my tickets right now. 

So, I guess I'm not too surprised that some people who won tickets decided not to/cant go.

• Like 1

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash