2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Mizuno JPX 923

thl9077

11 hours ago, dlow206 said:

anyone know of anyone that is taking preorders?

Tour Spec Golf

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

I called Mizuno today to inquire on component availability. They said minimal issues with shaft availability, but anything else besides Project X would be safe choices. I asked specifically if Nippon availability was good and he said yes, and that DG inventory is good as well. 

For grips, they also said no issues. 

I will be putting my own Steelfiber shafts in, so im looking for the path of least resistance so that i can get my order in a timely manner upon release. 

Saw the whole lineup today.  Really look nice, no drastic changes just small cosmetics and some tech changes in the internal weighting and face construction..etc.    The Hot Metal HL look good for what they are, not SGI model but very much like the Hot Metals with a weaker loft, but a bit hotter face.    They really expect it to be a hit for those who struggle getting enough height on their 5-7 irons.   

Hot Metal and Hot Metal pros not a huge change, the 923 has a bit more of a cambered sole on the Hot Metal, the Hot Metal Pro looks to be a bit less offset than the 921 model.  

As mentioned before Forged and Tour not being released until Jan/Feb.  They are staggering the releases so that they will have ample supply for each head when launched.   I could be wrong, but 923 Forged seemed a tad smaller sole and blade length than 921, but then again i'm in the middle of recovering from eye surgery so take that for what it is. 

Saw catalog pics of new drives including a new driver model.  Can't say anything abut those, other than they look good.   

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

On 9/6/2022 at 3:33 PM, HIRED said:

What is the best place to order from at go live? 

Any authorized dealer should be able to take your order and send it in to the rep.  But most likely won't get any faster processing than those placed on the official launch date.  

Vokey

2 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

Saw the whole lineup today.  Really look nice, no drastic changes just small cosmetics and some tech changes in the internal weighting and face construction..etc.    The Hot Metal HL look good for what they are, not SGI model but very much like the Hot Metals with a weaker loft, but a bit hotter face.    They really expect it to be a hit for those who struggle getting enough height on their 5-7 irons.   

Hot Metal and Hot Metal pros not a huge change, the 923 has a bit more of a cambered sole on the Hot Metal, the Hot Metal Pro looks to be a bit less offset than the 921 model.  

As mentioned before Forged and Tour not being released until Jan/Feb.  They are staggering the releases so that they will have ample supply for each head when launched.   I could be wrong, but 923 Forged seemed a tad smaller sole and blade length than 921, but then again i'm in the middle of recovering from eye surgery so take that for what it is. 

Saw catalog pics of new drives including a new driver model.  Can't say anything abut those, other than they look good.   

hows the offset on the HL compared to standard HM?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

hows the offset on the HL compared to standard HM?

To me pretty minimal  The rep said there is a slight bit more. But I couldn’t really tell. 

Maybe a slightly wider sole but agsin if you aren’t holding them side by side you wouldn’t think it’s bigger. 

Edited by Carolina Golfer 2

Vokey

I’m told offset values have not changed 921 model to 923 model. The 8i-PW in the Forged and Tour are slightly more compact than the 921 models. 

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

12 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

I’m told offset values have not changed 921 model to 923 model. The 8i-PW in the Forged and Tour are slightly more compact than the 921 models. 

After seeing them all in hand yesterday, I agree with you on the Forged and Tour.   As for the offset between 921 and 923, I mentioned in a post above, the 923 Hot Metal Pro appeared to have a bit less offset than the 921 Model, but that is strictly my naked eye, and to be honest I'm awaiting cataract sugery on my 2nd eye, so one eye was seeing 20/20 and the other 20/200.....so take that for what it's worth 🙂

• Like 1

Vokey

7 hours ago, Carolina Golfer 2 said:

After seeing them all in hand yesterday, I agree with you on the Forged and Tour.   As for the offset between 921 and 923, I mentioned in a post above, the 923 Hot Metal Pro appeared to have a bit less offset than the 921 Model, but that is strictly my naked eye, and to be honest I'm awaiting cataract sugery on my 2nd eye, so one eye was seeing 20/20 and the other 20/200.....so take that for what it's worth 🙂

My rep said offset values for Tour, Forged, HM and HMP are unchanged 921 to 923. I guess we’ll find out on the 23rd. 

• Like 1

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

1 minute ago, ChipDriver said:

Yen is trading at 140 yen per dollar.  Not sure if that affects the Tour Spec price or not....

Tour Spec’s price is set. Nice thing about their site is you can select different currencies. 

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

What exactly is Mizuno trying to do here. with the lofts in the 923 HM? I hadn't looked closely and just thought they increased loft across the set, but that is not the case. 

Is this how they are trying to lower launch in the shorter irons (with the higher CG mentioned in their marketing materials) with higher spin?

image.png.8c1a349fe367da80a0c3c7af90f307b7.png

Edited by dlow206

2 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

My rep said offset values for Tour, Forged, HM and HMP are unchanged 921 to 923. I guess we’ll find out on the 23rd. 

Mine said the same when he was showing them to me. I’m sure it was me.  

Vokey

2 hours ago, Davethegolfer said:

Vosh and Mizuno are premiering the forged on their channel later today

I checked YouTube and it says it premiers on 9/23.  Are you referring to their YouTube channel or another one?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

driver :: Callaway Epic 9.5 | EvenFlow 75 6.0 3 wood :: Cobra F9 | Fujikura Atmos 7 S 3 hybrid :: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 | Fujikura Speeder 865 HYB S irons :: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW | Project X LZ 5.5 wedges :: Mizuno S18 50/54/58 Standard | DG Wedge putter :: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2016 bag :: Under Armour Storm Sunbrella Stand

16 hours ago, dlow206 said:

What exactly is Mizuno trying to do here. with the lofts in the 923 HM? I hadn't looked closely and just thought they increased loft across the set, but that is not the case. 

Is this how they are trying to lower launch in the shorter irons (with the higher CG mentioned in their marketing materials) with higher spin?

image.png.8c1a349fe367da80a0c3c7af90f307b7.png

Not to be negative, but it sure looks to me like they are trying to the sell the GW......

Yankees Suck

My game isn't what it used to be and I'm finally moving on from my 2008 Titleist AP2's. I'll be going through a fitting session later this month for the 923 forged and HM Pros.  For anyone who has gamed the prior HMP versions, did you have any issues stopping shots on the green? Seeing the lower spin rates has me concerned I won't be able to stop shots as quick as I'm used to.  The courses I play have well guarded greens so shot stopping is a huge benefit

Edited by MikeGman

2 minutes ago, fullyjosh said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but do we have any confirmations on when these will be in fitting carts in NA? Would that be before or after the 23rd?

Will that also include the Tour/Forged models as well?

Thanks!

I messaged Mizuno and they said the Forged and Tours wouldn't be shipped until Spring.  I did not ask if heads would be available for fittings prior to that.  Not sure that helps you but if there's any correlation between product availability and heads for fitting, that might give you your answer.

• Like 2

My two cents: 

For context, I used to play a lot more and played Mizuno blades (Mp-4 gang) and switched from MP-4’s to the JPX 921 HMP’s.  At first I really liked it, the HMP’s were forgiving and gave me some more distance obviously. 

I had them reshafted a few months back after getting fit because I didn’t agree with the shafts I had in them, while being reshafted, I was in a loaner 921 Forged set and noticed no real difference in forgiveness, while having a little more workability.  The top line on the Forged vs HMP isn’t drastic, but I liked the look of the forged more. Feel felt significantly better than HMP. Now I’m back in my HMP’s and missing the forged.  

For the 923’s, I’m planning on a mix set of 4,5,6 in forged and maybe 7,8,9 in Tour. 

Coming from AP2, I feel like forged would be a straightforward move. 

14 hours ago, MikeGman said:

My game isn't what it used to be and I'm finally moving on from my 2008 Titleist AP2's. I'll be going through a fitting session later this month for the 923 forged and HM Pros.  For anyone who has gamed the prior HMP versions, did you have any issues stopping shots on the green? Seeing the lower spin rates has me concerned I won't be able to stop shots as quick as I'm used to.  The courses I play have well guarded greens so shot stopping is a huge benefit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fullyjosh said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but do we have any confirmations on when these will be in fitting carts in NA? Would that be before or after the 23rd?

Will that also include the Tour/Forged models as well?

Thanks!

We should have the Hot Metal heads in our cart next week.   The Tour and Forged we won't have until prior their release in Jan/Feb.

• Like 1

Vokey

1 hour ago, HIRED said:

My two cents: 

For context, I used to play a lot more and played Mizuno blades (Mp-4 gang) and switched from MP-4’s to the JPX 921 HMP’s.  At first I really liked it, the HMP’s were forgiving and gave me some more distance obviously. 

I had them reshafted a few months back after getting fit because I didn’t agree with the shafts I had in them, while being reshafted, I was in a loaner 921 Forged set and noticed no real difference in forgiveness, while having a little more workability.  The top line on the Forged vs HMP isn’t drastic, but I liked the look of the forged more. Feel felt significantly better than HMP. Now I’m back in my HMP’s and missing the forged.  

For the 923’s, I’m planning on a mix set of 4,5,6 in forged and maybe 7,8,9 in Tour. 

Coming from AP2, I feel like forged would be a straightforward move. 

Thanks for your thoughts. While I agree the forged would be a better transition my game has really fallen off due to some injuries.  I shoot high 80's, low 90's now and have lost about 15mph swing speed (driver), from 105 down to 90 over the past 7 years.  I really need the distance and forgiveness help so can you offer some feedback on the difference in distance between the two for you, 921 forged vs HMP (if you have experience with the forged)?

My natural shot shape is a draw so I can't use clubs with too much offset as it messes with my game and my mind seeing it as I look down on the club.  Titleist and Mizuno fit the bill there pretty well compared to TM, Callaway, etc.