2022 HSBC Women's World Championship, March 3-6

18majors

10 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

The player coverage and number of on-course cameras 🎥 at this HSBC WWC event = probably a reflection of the $$$ invested by Singapore/ IMG for this showcase event? 

If so... then Maybe LPGA should increase the number of IMG-run events?

I realize some of the purses for the Asia Swing are not great.

BUT

The gals always brag how pampered they are on the Asia Swing.

All expenses paid....chauffeur driven in upgraded courtesy cars, etc, etc....I assume the sponsor bore these costs? 

9 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Good point - just shows it can be done.

None of the commentators were walking holes during play were they? I assumed that they were all calling from the booth but only my assumption?

If so, adding a Bones/Jerry Foltz type on course person would be a nice addition to the camera work? Maybe the humidity and potential showers doesn't lead to a presentable on-course commentator being feasible.

Have to admit though, the commentators did a good job with shot/player description.

@Rapidcat Kate Burton previously posted on IG (circa 2021?) showing the offsite studio they were using for commentary work (and that they were working from multiple studios including London(?))

... am guessing they might’ve shifted back onsite to a nearby air-conditioned trailer (I think Kate is based in SG)

https://www.instagram.com/p/COjWx9ggQYa/

1C1A537C-F317-4F00-B0B9-4AB74B15D004.jpeg

4A4E9D88-9AD0-4EE9-BF22-23622A9FA51A.jpeg

46DFE5FC-F59E-4C3A-BAFF-CE263082C0E7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

That's what the etc was for.

Will need to be a big headstone, maybe with a carving of a player in knee-highs🤣

And perhaps some comments from Crusty, SNaP1 etc

• Haha 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

Ok...WTH.....supposedly it ALWAYS rains in the afternoon in Singapore and didn't someone say it rained 4" recently in one day.

The course looks dry and hard....so is there a sub-air system?

This is what 2" of daily rain looks like in the winter in Van City to create lovely WET MUCK HOLE WINTER golf conditions here...and yes I play golf year rd here...including today.

From last winter:

Condition walking from the green to next tee.

A tee block

Casual water in a fairway.

And yes....I need to play lift, clean and cheat here Nov to April.

IMG_1048 (1).JPG

thumbnail_IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1047.JPG

11 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

@Rapidcat Kate Burton previously posted on IG (circa 2021?) showing the offsite studio they were using for commentary work (and that they were working from multiple studios including London(?))

... am guessing they might’ve shifted back onsite to a nearby air-conditioned trailer (I think Kate is based in SG)

https://www.instagram.com/p/COjWx9ggQYa/

1C1A537C-F317-4F00-B0B9-4AB74B15D004.jpeg

4A4E9D88-9AD0-4EE9-BF22-23622A9FA51A.jpeg

46DFE5FC-F59E-4C3A-BAFF-CE263082C0E7.jpeg

How many here remember?....likely 8-10 years ago at the Shoprite.....Aza and Belen were invited into the production truck to work the coverage and direct all the GC staff to create the telecast....it was a gong show and they butchered it...but it was fun to watch.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, KBong said:

Ok...WTH.....supposedly it ALWAYS rains in the afternoon in Singapore and didn't someone say it rained 4" recently in one day.

The course looks dry and hard....so is there a sub-air system?

Yes there's a sub-air system at Sentosa.
Details in Link/ videos.
(p/s: Torrential thunderstorms again in SG this afternoon, from 3-4pm onwards ... the LPGA ladies were lucky to have completed their round today early, albeit the TV broadcast mentioned some rain/umbrellas for the tail-enders).

=====

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/environment/flash-flood-warnings-issued-for-upper-paya-lebar-ang-mo-kio-amid-heavy-rain

=====

http://www.eighteenunderpar.com/blog/2012/11/09/the-agronomy-of-sentosa-golf-club/ 

(Quote: "In preparation for the Barclays Singapore Open, Sentosa Golf Club in Singapore ensures the condition of its golf course is immaculate each year. Being in a tropical region, it is definitely not without challenges. As seen this week, rain delays have put the scheduling of the Barclays Singapore Open in disarray. With the downpour, how does the golf course maintain its playability?

Through its YouTube channel, the Singapore Open filmed a series of short videos with the Chief Agronomist at the Sentosa Golf Club, Andy Johnston. In these videos, Andy Johnston gives an informal introduction to agronomy, which is the science of cultivation of land, soil management, and crop production. He also goes on to discuss the rough and fairway, bunkers as well as the sub air system, that is invaluable to a tropical region golf course with its abundance of rain.")

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WTH....The Great Lady of China....DFL???

I really like The Smiling Cinderella.....WTH.....76....I have always said that I think she'll only be a mid level LPGA pro....I hope I'm wrong...I don't think she'll be on the LPGA long term due to average/mediocre play???

BLADES 76...so much for my prediction that Charley will win...duh.

Yealimi POSING again...75...Roy Clarke is toast....we might see a new loop in Pattaya.

Lydia's driving can be BRUTAL...she snap hooks too often getting her in lots of trouble.

I believe Lydia's SNIPS are caused by swinging too hard chasing distance.

She turned a great -5 into a -3 on the last hole.

Lydia's putting saves her so many times....I wish I had her flat stick....I three jacked from 10 feet and missed a 3 foot birdie chance today...DUH....I'm such a POSER....last rd my putting was garbage too....though many rds prior my putting was good...I HATE GOLF.

I thought JYK was gonna airmail it in for a +2....nice recovery with a -3...but she's still rusty.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Speaking of BLADES, I only caught one glimpse of Charley when her group was held up by Carlotta's double rinsing, there was a shot of her back on the edge of the fairway and she appeared to be wearing white HIGH HEALED golf shoes, maybe like sneakers with the raised soles that some shorter gals are wearing everywhere. Looked like a lot of extra lift in the heel though.

The footage only showed her way back behind Carlotta and she was half standing in the rough so it could be some optical illusion but it sure looked like it. Surely not, though.

Anyone else notice this? Can't find any Charley images from today on-line.

Edited by Rapidcat

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Rapidcat said:

Yeah, I'm fortunate that I can manipulate my hours to do whatever I want when I want to - almost.

Not found a way to record the live channels - I guess Foxtel is keeping some functionality separation to justify the exorbitant fee for that vs their KAYO service. I was a Foxtel subscriber for 20 years but ditched it for KAYO.

TBF to you, it took me some research to find out it was showing live on 503. According to the Foxtel guide, R1 highlights (1.5 hours) are being replayed on 503 tomorrow morning, not sure if that helps with your work hours:

image.png.a108114cbca421704a5221cef989f35c.png

I appreciate your research. Looks like I watch it live on 503, or not at all.

2 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

Yeah, fair enough, I must have seen the front of the shoe a little obscured by the rough with the heel not obscured so the heel's design prominence was accentuated (image below showing the heel):

image.png.73931f543b8d8c7e55772f485c3c9055.png

1 minute ago, Raving Shanker said:

I appreciate your research. Looks like I watch it live on 503, or not at all.

Like you I was annoyed when I thought it wasn't being shown in Oz after 1 month of no LPGA, hence the research.

I hope this isn't going to be the format for all LPGA events on KAYO, that's my concern.

Will be interesting to see if replays are made available after the event has finished, granted that isn't the same once you know the result/watching live or later that day.

On 3/1/2022 at 8:19 PM, KBong said:

There are a TON of LPGA nicknames....but I'm too lazy to type them out....likely well over 30-40+ nicknames.

@Argonne69 had a nickname thread/glossary.

Arg can you find it?...or was it deleted by the mods?

I believe it was deleted.

• Sad 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

On 3/2/2022 at 9:19 AM, KBong said:

There are a TON of LPGA nicknames....but I'm too lazy to type them out....likely well over 30-40+ nicknames.

@Argonne69 had a nickname thread/glossary.

Arg can you find it?...or was it deleted by the mods?

@Argonne69 Is this the Nicknames thread? (or is @KBong referring to another thread?)

Will delete this post if ... that old Nicknames thread was meant to stay dead!:deadhorse:

(😬🚫🤬)

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So how many consecutive GIRs did Jin Young have? The LPGA website is acting up and not displaying the full scorecard for me.

• Like 1

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Just now, JungleJimbo said:

@Argonne69 Is this the Nicknames thread? (or is @KBong referring to another thread?)

It's weird how the site's search engine doesn't always work. I searched for "Nickname" in the title and came up empty.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

So how many consecutive GIRs did Jin Young have? The LPGA website is acting up and not displaying the full scorecard for me.

Her streak was broken at 66 according to the commentary today.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 18majors said:

Huh - beat you to it🙂

Who's your Huckleberry?

I'm your huckleberry | Movies, Tombstone movie, Val kilmer

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Good point - just shows it can be done.

None of the commentators were walking holes during play were they? I assumed that they were all calling from the booth but only my assumption?

If so, adding a Bones/Jerry Foltz type on course person would be a nice addition to the camera work? Maybe the humidity and potential showers doesn't lead to a presentable on-course commentator being feasible.

Have to admit though, the commentators did a good job with shot/player description.

if the players can stand the heat and humidity i am sure the comms could too,especially when they can dive into the toilets or refreshment huts any time

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

Your girl Patty is doing well - as she almost always does! Super all-round player.

I'll say it again, she's got my favorite swing on any tour right now. Just so simple and efficient and powerful. 

7 hours ago, TiScape said:

You’re not gonna tell us your rooting for your girl Danielle Kang because she’s a member at your club??? 😜🤣

😂😂😂 And Queen Bee, too! 

I swear I gotta get in with her brother. Dude's playing Shadow Creek like twice a week haha "Hook a homey up, Al!" 

• Haha 4

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ Edition

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 4-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

I'll say it again, she's got my favorite swing on any tour right now. Just so simple and efficient and powerful. 

😂😂😂 And Queen Bee, too! 

I swear I gotta get in with her brother. Dude's playing Shadow Creek like twice a week haha "Hook a homey up, Al!" 

Watched a video of her, her brother and another LA homey David Lipsky on the tour pro only back range at Summerlin. Very cool set up for her. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

😂😂😂 And Queen Bee, too! 

I like Patty's swing too. Inbee looks like she's chopping wood. 

I'm glad the announcers don't mention Rory every time they talk about Saso ... Now they will remind us of her citizenship change due to passport reasons. Yay!

Hyo Joo swing is a work of art it, should be immortalized in the Louvre! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, woahnelly said:

I'm glad the announcers don't mention Rory every time they talk about Saso ... Now they will remind us of her citizenship change due to passport reasons. Yay!

I watched most of the coverage in FF....I assume the Asia Swing team refrained from mentioning ECP & Brittany?

The commentators are too nice to say the TRUTH...that Saso changed passports in order to SHILL the Japanese of more MONEY.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, woahnelly said:

Hyo Joo swing is a work of art it, should be immortalized in the Louvre! 

It's hilarious to watch all the tourist RUNNING once they enter the Louvre to see the Mona Lisa.

I was shocked to see how small the painting is....lunch bag letdown.

I think the next viewed pieces are the Venus de Milo and the Winged Victory.

Supposedly the avg tourist only spends 1 hour in the Louvre.

Supposedly tourists only watch the Grand Canyon for 20 minutes.

I really liked the Musee d Orsay.

• Like 1