2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2022 HSBC Women's World Championship, March 3-6

18majors

On 3/1/2022 at 1:23 AM, 18majors said:

Some notable betting odds by Draftkings:

Jin Young Ko                     4/1          Lydia Ko                       7/1        Brooke Henderson           14/1

Patty Tavatanakit             16/1         Yuka Saso                   22/1      Leona Maguire                  25/1

Hannah Green                  28/1        Atthaya Thitikul           28//1     Ayaka Furue                      45/1

Ariya Jutuanugarn            65/1        Hinako Shibuno           70/1     Matilda Castren               100/1

Su Oh                               100/1       Yealimi Noh                 130/1                                             

@18majors Is there a Link to these betting odds eg DraftKings?  

fyi for those interested... I found out via the TV broadcast that HSBC/IMG produce a Daily Newsletter for the HSBC WWC (with tee times/groupings...

...Newsletter= advertised as a QR code on-screen during the TV broadcast)

Newsletter also includes details of the venue / selection of players bio's.

But!! Should we tell the IMG intern that they uploaded a draft, i.e. Commissioner Mollie's Intro message in the newsletter = "Welcome to the 2022 [INSERT TOURNAMENT NAME]" (😬🚫🤬)

https://www.hsbcgolf.com/womens/daily-newsletter

R1: https://www.flipsnack.com/imggolf/hwwc22_digital-newsletter_day1-cjlg3fitk5.html

image.png.3374a823e1bab8901fd3f291388eb1b1.png

On 3/1/2022 at 8:33 PM, 18majors said:

Notable pairings from #1 tee when Golf Channel starts at 10:30 AM Singapore time:

9:28 AM                Ashleigh Buhai, Atthaya Thitikul, Jenny Shin

9:40 AM                 Ariya Jutuanugarn, Madelene Sagstrom, Hyo Joo Kim

9:52 AM                 Inbee Park, Hannah Green, Brooke Henderson

10:04 AM                Hinako Shibuno, Minjee Lee, Sei Young Kim

10:16 AM                Lizette Salas, Patty Tavatanakit, Sung Hyun Park

10:28 AM                Jin Young Ko, Lydia Ko, Yuka Saso

10:40 AM                Danielle Kang, Leona Maguire, Nasa Hataoka

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, 8602081 said:

Coverage starts tonight..

So happy that they are back.. 

golf-channel.png?w=55
  • March 02 Golf Channel (ET)9:30 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.
  • March 03 Golf Channel (ET)9:30 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.
  • March 04 Golf Channel (ET)11:00 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.
  • March 05 Golf Channel (ET)11:00 p.m. - 2:30 a.m.

Does anybody recognise the commentator voices, on the TV broadcast? 

i recognised Kate Burton and Alison Whitaker from the intro at the start

(but am guessing i missed some of the others... different vs prior year).

i heard one referred to as "Sandy"(eg "Sandy MacKenzie" perhaps?)

... and "Trish" (e.g. "Trish Johnson"?)

Didn't find the info on the commentator team here: https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2022/03/02/nbc-sports-presents-live-tournament-coverage-of-seven-events-this-week-headlined-by-pga-tours-arnold-palmer-invitational-on-nbc-golf-channel-peacock/  

Edited by JungleJimbo

Awesome first page of the leaderboard

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

16 minutes ago, TiScape said:

1st day of the tournament and on page 8! Impressive 👏🏼 

*The thread was started February 9th! 😂 Over on ‘Tour Talk’ the tournament threads are started the same week as the tournament. 😜 You guys get a big head start!! Lol

Yes but there have been no LPGA events for a month so this thread has plenty of filler so its a bit of a one-off.

However there are a core regular posters that give each event plenty of comments.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

25 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Awesome first page of the leaderboard

Your girl Patty is doing well - as she almost always does! Super all-round player.

• Like 2

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

46 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

Does anybody recognise the commentator voices, on the TV broadcast? 

i recognised Kate Burton and Alison Whitaker from the intro at the start

(but am guessing i missed some of the others... different vs prior year).

i heard one referred to as "Sandy"(eg "Sandy MacKenzie" perhaps?)

Didn't find the info on the commentator team here: https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2022/03/02/nbc-sports-presents-live-tournament-coverage-of-seven-events-this-week-headlined-by-pga-tours-arnold-palmer-invitational-on-nbc-golf-channel-peacock/  

Commentary team gives it too much of an LET feel IMO and the Brit/Aussie voices are too samey.

I'm also not a fan of same sex commentary teams, for me it is more enjoyable to have the counter-point of different genders together whether it is a women's or men's event. Also too much chat, like a team of Karen Stupples, just a bit too much for me, I'm finding it slightly tiresome.

Whilst each commentator offers something, Ali Whitaker is a level above the others, just so well prepared with course knowledge (did anyone hear her correct - nicely - one of her colleague's inaccurate comments on the green slope of the 'prawn cracker' green) and actually talks to the players to get deeper insight. Also she has a nice manner with some levity. I would like to see her do some regular commentary in America.

As an LPGA event (co-sanctioned?) it needs more of an American feel - maybe an American male commentator would help?

• Like 3

I enjoyed the commentary! They are very chipper, energetic, cracking jokes, but do agree it has kind of an amateur ish feel to it for being the "Asian major"

Jeeno is going to shoot 65 tomorrow. 

Salas gets WAY too much TV coverage ..

SH Park looks suicidal out there. Her mental game is lost. 

Edited by woahnelly
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Commentary team gives it too much of an LET feel IMO and the Brit/Aussie voices are too samey.

I'm also not a fan of same sex commentary teams, for me it is more enjoyable to have the counter-point of different genders together whether it is a women's or men's event. Also too much chat, like a team of Karen Stupples, just a bit too much for me, I'm finding it slightly tiresome.

Whilst each commentator offers something, Ali Whitaker is a level above the others, just so well prepared with course knowledge (did anyone hear her correct - nicely - one of her colleague's inaccurate comments on the green slope of the 'prawn cracker' green) and actually talks to the players to get deeper insight. Also she has a nice manner with some levity. I would like to see her do some regular commentary in America.

As an LPGA event (co-sanctioned?) it needs more of an American feel - maybe an American male commentator would help?

"+1" i.e. i share your view @Rapidcat...

perhaps Jay Townsend should join this LPGA commentator team, for some counterpoint/ variety w.r.t. the same-same voices?

= i.e. he is a regulator commentator on the European Tour broadcasts

albeit he previously had run-ins with players e.g. Rory McIlroy?

In previous years, the commentator team included some local Singapore ex-professional players (and their relative age similarity with the active pro's meant some degree of rapport eg Su-Ann Heng with Yani / InBee etc ...

similar to how Ali Whitaker has a rapport with Bronte Law/ Georgia Hall etc?)

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

perhaps Jay Townsend should join this LPGA commentator team, for some variety w.r.t. the same-same voices?

That's a call with potential, very distinctive, rich US voice with a decent golf pedigree.👍

In general terms, I like Grant Boone as a host and Tom Abbott (Brit, I know).

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, woahnelly said:

SH Park looks suicidal out there. Her mental game is lost. 

Agree re Salas, she's won once in how many years? Also, you might want to watch her putting but her short length and ball-striking in general doesn't warrant preference over most other players. Sorry, but it is boring.

SH Park - so hard to watch but she needs to be managed on course, for whatever reason she doesn't seem to consult much with her caddie, think she is a bit of a self-sufficient loner. Example was the fairway metal shot that she dunked on the front nine, she should never have played it (ball above her feet in the rough and having to avoid water into the green). 3 seasons ago she might have pulled that shot off but not now and when she fails her confidence is shattered, her last 2 seasons has hurt her resilience so much.

She needs to get a top caddie that she can respect and agrees to work with who will put his hand on that club in that situation and say "no way are you hitting this".

How much does her mother control her golf?

Such a pity, she was gold in her pomp.

Edited by Rapidcat
  • Like 2

Yuka Saso's ball striking is so good, terrific ball compression, she hits shots that few of her competitors can. She hits it like a male golfer.

Maybe her shot selection though could be improved (wood out of fairway bunker today an example, just the wrong shot, even for her).

Streaky putter though, when she's on she can win anything. Should have shot much lower today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

Yuka Saso's ball striking is so good, terrific ball compression, she hits shots that few of her competitors can. She hits it like a male golfer.

Maybe her shot selection though could be improved (wood out of fairway bunker today an example, just the wrong shot, even for her).

Streaky putter though, when she's on she can win anything. Should have shot much lower today.

Your description of Yuka Saso= Really aligns with the chatter that she is the “female Rory” in so many ways!

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, aenemated said:

PGA's been kind of a snoozefest.

The PGA can be a SNOOZEFEST because the elite pros are a bunch of Pink Shirts and don't play much....so many of the events have lousy fields making it BORING.

They are playing for too much money and endorsements.

The Honda last week was playing TOUGH....it's too bad week didn't see more elite pros getting BEAT up in the Bear Trap.

There are maybe only 15 PGA events worth watching....unless a weak field event has a couple of STARS playing well so it's nice to watch on Sunday to cheer them on.

Just now, JungleJimbo said:

Your description of Yuka Saso= Really aligns with the chatter that she is the “female Rory” in many ways!

Amazing that she is self-taught modelled on Rory and so many swing similarities.

I think they said today that she doesn't have a coach.

She still is very young but if you could give her Lydia's or Leona's putting game (I'm excluding Inbee's as unattainable as a putting freak) she'd easily win multiple times a year.

Amazing that no matter how good some players are, there is usually a weak component to their game that they often can still improve.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Rapidcat said:

I'd love to comment, but my provider, KAYO, is not showing this! I've been waiting around for a month to see some LPGA and it's not on!

Who is your provider?

BTW, I'd probably agree with you about the commentary team. Trish Johnson's accent is bloody awful. A very "LET" feel indeed. I am not a fan of any of the Brit or Aussie commentators, except for the ones stolen by the US . The guy who anchors on LET tournaments induces homicidal feelings within me. Glad you haven't mentioned him!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rapidcat said:

1) I'm also not a fan of same sex commentary teams, for me it is more enjoyable to have the counter-point of different genders together whether it is a women's or men's event.

2) Also too much chat, like a team of Karen Stupples, just a bit too much for me, I'm finding it slightly tiresome.

1) Agree

2) Agree....I was gonna write the same, but you beat me to it.

Too much CHIRPING by the gals....SHUT UP!

1 hour ago, Rapidcat said:

Not American, but I have always like Tom Abbott.

Why?

Because he will make fun of the pros....but I think GC told him to tone it down.

He used to make fun of POUTY SNaP and her putter SLAMS into her bag.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Raving Shanker said:

I'd love to comment, but my provider, KAYO, is not showing this! I've been waiting around for a month to see some LPGA and it's not on!

Who is your provider?

BTW, I'd probably agree with you about the commentary team. Trish Johnson's accent is bloody awful. A very "LET" feel indeed. I am not a fan of any of the Brit or Aussie commentators, except for the ones stolen by the US . The guy who anchors on LET tournaments induces homicidal feelings within me. Glad you haven't mentioned him!

You're going to hate this but....KAYO is showing it but only live on channel 503.

I am a KAYO subscriber and watched it all that way today - started at 1.30pm Melbourne time and went to 6.30pm.

Hopefully you can watch it live tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, KBong said:

1) Agree

2) Agree....I was gonna write the same, but you beat me to it.

Too much CHIRPING by the gals....SHUT UP!

I turned the sound off towards the end, I had had enough.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KBong said:

Not American, but I have always like Tom Abbott.

Why?

Because he will make fun of the pros....but I think GC told him to tone it down.

He used to make fun of POUTY SNaP and her putter SLAMS into her bag.

I also thought Tom did an excellent MC job at the end of season awards night.

Very smooth (but not slick or disingenuous) and warm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woahnelly said:

Agree...I don't like her and her WOKE agenda.

If there was ever a movie made about Lizette.....Maria Sophia would be cast for the part...a PERFECT fit....the YT below IS A MUST WATCH.🤣

Curb Your Enthusiasm fans will get this.🤣

Larry David  is a comedic GENIUS.

I'm a Chinese Larry David and PROUD of it....but I'm not bald.....but a 4 eye too.🤣

20 minutes ago, Raving Shanker said:

Who is your provider?

@Raving Shanker

if you have VPN access, that you can set to Uk 🇬🇧 …then you can watch on-demand via the SkySports Golf channel (https://youtube.com/c/skysportsgolf)

A336F925-7BF7-4DDA-8AF7-4F0D3D26EEF5.jpeg

1 hour ago, woahnelly said:

1) Jeeno is going to shoot 65 tomorrow. 

2) SH Park looks suicidal out there. Her mental game is lost. 

1) I hope so too.

2) Namdalla is LOST.

She's a wash-out now...she's finished....Yani will be her new best friend.

There will be lots of convo like this:

"Remember when we RULED the WORLD and were GREAT once"

I'm SO MAD....Namdalla might be off the tour next year and I won't be ablet to chirp with the Attack Girls that might have flown into Van City to fangirl Namdalla.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JungleJimbo said:

"+1" i.e. i share your view @Rapidcat...

perhaps Jay Townsend should join this LPGA commentator team, for some counterpoint/ variety w.r.t. the same-same voices?

= i.e. he is a regulator commentator on the European Tour broadcasts

albeit he previously had run-ins with players e.g. Rory McIlroy?

In previous years, the commentator team included some local Singapore ex-professional players (and their relative age similarity with the active pro's meant some degree of rapport eg Su-Ann Heng with Yani / InBee etc ...

similar to how Ali Whitaker has a rapport with Bronte Law/ Georgia Hall etc?)

Su-Ann would have been great this week and then Virada N next week...both are SMOKESHOWS.