2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Juju Swing

zacgolf

• zacgolf changed the title to Juju Swing
54 minutes ago, WalleyeWilly said:

It is different, but it isn't different at the same time in my opinion. 

Was Stewart Maiden wrong saying we don't hit the ball with our back swing.    No, he wasn't.   It's a simple truth without vacating an orthodox back swing works too in making the game simpler for many, but even simple can get messed up.     What the JuJu guy knows is how to use momentum and inertia to his advantage which when combined properly builds pressure the ball doesn't like too much but usually puts a smile on our face

The JuJu guys comes out of the shot a little on the video I watched, so he's losing a little pressure.  

?

Looks similar to Matt Wolff or the Kawamura swing which I guess theoretically makes some sense in that if you take the club inside then you generally have to hoist the club over the top to get back to the ball whereas if you take it way outside like the Juju swing then you have to way shallow the club to get back to the ball. But I don't know, it all seems very unnatural. Like you would never lay an ax completely flat to split wood or lay a baseball bat flat to hit a low outside pitch. I guess it also seems like a lot of unnecessary motion or arc to have to time up.

That swing is Very Interesting.... I used to play a lot of slowpitch softball.... pi55in missiles laser beam show 🔫

This is similar to a technique used for extreme distance.....a la the pro Brett Helmer.  Plus we would even throw in a huge front leg lift to get all that weight on the back side before exploding forwards

So athletically this swing makes complete sense for power.... and even done it for fun with driver but gonna have to try it with irons and see whats what.... but I bring the club back way on the inside but should still work lol 🐒

Can't figure how to like my own posts

Happened to see an article about this on another golf website today.  Looks like he worked with former NBA player Rick Barry and turned him into a long-drive champ (in his age group).

I think like most other alternative swings it can certainly work for some people... but at first glance it doesn't seem to be any "easier" than learning a more standard method.  The swing is apparently named after his daughter Juju who is still a teenager I believe and has quite the TikTok/Instagram following for her golf.  The article I referred to linked to a few vids of Juju swinging, and all I can say is that she smashes the heck out of the ball.

So Gravity Golf (or the Miller Barber swing) is now called Juju. 🤔

Taylormade Sim2 10.5° (turned down to 9°) - Tensei White 60 stiff

Ping G400 3 and 5 Woods - Diamana D+ Limited 70 stiff

Ping G400 22° Hybrid - Diamana D+ 90 Stiff

Ping i200 5-UW - Modus Tour 105 stiff

Vokey SM4 54° and 58° - DGS-300

Cameron Special Select Newport 2

4 hours ago, RobertBaron said:

Looks similar to Matt Wolff or the Kawamura swing which I guess theoretically makes some sense in that if you take the club inside then you generally have to hoist the club over the top to get back to the ball whereas if you take it way outside like the Juju swing then you have to way shallow the club to get back to the ball. But I don't know, it all seems very unnatural. Like you would never lay an ax completely flat to split wood or lay a baseball bat flat to hit a low outside pitch. I guess it also seems like a lot of unnecessary motion or arc to have to time up.

i dont know you would lay the arm flat to skip a rock or throw side arm. If you were going to slap someone you might turn the hand down flat in the windup and even point the fingers at them before transition where you switch to leading with the help and hinging the wrist and fingers back. 

Side-arming O'Day joins Yankees thriving on guile, not gas | Taiwan News |  2021-02-19 08:48:49

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

The motion works. It can be seen in Led's 'A' swing, Lee's Gravity Golf, the Motion Gankas teaches, all with minor tweaks/differences of wrist clock, club shaft angles, and how to transition.

I'm not begrudging the guy for making a living teaching his version. Hell, the more instructors using different language to get the same point across, the more people they can help. After watching the second vid, I see he named his method after his daughter, so I have no problem with that. I don't even care that he has a mamber's site for subbing to watch videos. ALL teachers are doing that. 

My only criticism is the evangelical pitch. I have extensively worked on a similar move, and when it works, it is amazing, but when I was off, I hit it all over the planet. I have evolved into an "avoid extremes" mindset. I want to be A LITTLE steep going back, and let my pivot shallow back to the plane coming down. I don't hit bombs, but my misses aren't far off my good shots. I also don't have the huuuuuge plane shift, so 1/2 swings are a lot easier (without having to go to a new motion.)

All in all, I wish the guy and his daughter the best and it's worth looking into if the A swing or Gankas, or GG didn't click and you can't stop the steep downswing.

• Like 3

Taylormade Sim2 10.5° (turned down to 9°) - Tensei White 60 stiff

Ping G400 3 and 5 Woods - Diamana D+ Limited 70 stiff

Ping G400 22° Hybrid - Diamana D+ 90 Stiff

Ping i200 5-UW - Modus Tour 105 stiff

Vokey SM4 54° and 58° - DGS-300

Cameron Special Select Newport 2

27 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

And for $39.99 a month (LOL) you can subscribe and keep learning all about this nonsense.

Another YouTube shill job here.

“Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.”

86f7d126d4838c440e2e54d899256299.jpg

• Haha 4

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

3 minutes ago, aenemated said:

“Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.”

86f7d126d4838c440e2e54d899256299.jpg

I'm sure there is academic interest and no reason for me to rag on it, lol, but the constant drops of this or that YouTube guru (this one his marketing vid from three years ago) get a little old. But have at it, not like it's on my lawn, haha.

I'll just say it is INCONCEIVABLE that "method" is a way for most folks to get better!

• Haha 1

When I do this drill it feels like the Juju swing looks.  Drill starts at 2:00.

• Like 2

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

Decided to try this out on the range a bit yesterday.  As a former tennis player the movement makes sense, swing feels very similar to hitting a big looping topspin forehand.  

Was definitely inconsistent as all I had to go by was basically that one YouTube video posted above.  But when I did it correctly I was really smashing the ball.  Swing felt much faster through impact and irons were flying higher and longer than usual for me. Worked well with th driver also.

So I think this swing definitely has some legit merit after a very brief experiment.  Definitely had some bad swings with it as I did not do it correctly every time... but I think if someone took the time to ingrain the move they could likely gain a lot of swing speed and solve some over the top issues.  Not sure it's for me as I hesitate to go down a swing change rabbit hole.  But when you do it right the swing feels great and effortless.

1 hour ago, 4thand11 said:

Decided to try this out on the range a bit yesterday.  As a former tennis player the movement makes sense, swing feels very similar to hitting a big looping topspin forehand.  

Was definitely inconsistent as all I had to go by was basically that one YouTube video posted above.  But when I did it correctly I was really smashing the ball.  Swing felt much faster through impact and irons were flying higher and longer than usual for me. Worked well with th driver also.

So I think this swing definitely has some legit merit after a very brief experiment.  Definitely had some bad swings with it as I did not do it correctly every time... but I think if someone took the time to ingrain the move they could likely gain a lot of swing speed and solve some over the top issues.  Not sure it's for me as I hesitate to go down a swing change rabbit hole.  But when you do it right the swing feels great and effortless.

The biggest danger with this imho is opening the clubface with such a large steep to shallow transition. 

• Like 1

I have not tried the full swing but I was listening to him talk about "driving the trail elbow through the ball". I was hitting 10 yard left to right draws down the middle. I don't usually hit draws with my driver, usually more of a slight fade to slice. But when I exaggerated the elbows, I shallowed and hit great. 

When I did my driver lesson the instructor used a pool noodle to keep me from going over the top. It worked as long as I had a noodle to swing under, but that has never been the case on course. 🤣

But focusing on my trail elbow did WAY batter. I might sign up to give it a shot ($50 is half the price of an hour lesson). 

• Like 1

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

• 1 month later...

Under the guise of exaggerating a move to try and obtain a different outcome, I decided to give this a shot with the intention correcting my seemingly inability to shallow the club. 

Have to say, I'm pretty surprised by the results. Like any other "theory", copying what is shown on insta, tiktok or youtube without hearing the full breakdown from the instructor will prove disastrous. 

So I cant say Im in for a full swing conversion, I definitely appreciate what I've learned so far, and as a DRILL I can see how this may help my ingrained hacker profile of taking club inside, crossing line at top and pulling down steep

If someone has any interest in it, I'd say drop the $50 and learn precisely what is being taught and not get turned off by those who just brush it off. BP is amazing, very responsive to folks asking questions, posting vids etc, and the personal feedback is worth it on its own

• Like 1

I know there's a lot of nay-sayers about this swing, I surely had doubts at first glance, but I gave it a go on the course yesterday and had an amazing day off the tee. No way I could have the success I had without signing up for his course, just watching a video or an Instagram post and trying to copy it would lead to tragically awful results. Nothing comes for free, I put a lot of work in with drills and range for a couple weeks before taking it out to the course and I know I've only scratched the surface. Again, I really gave this a shot as a drill to help me keep from getting too far inside and get a more shallow path but I may be on my way to a full convert. 

I tried this swing a few months ago.  I was a member on the site for 2 months.  It's cool but I wouldn't recommend it for people who already have a decent swing base because this is so different.  You can't really do this method without committing fully to it.

The Facebook group is pretty active and Brad is pretty responsive.

If people are curious I'd urge them to give it a try and see if it feels more natural than their current swing.  For me it led to too many new thoughts so I stayed with my current swing. 

On 4/24/2022 at 10:07 AM, 4thand11 said:

I've only seen a video or two about the swing on social media, but I tried it the other day.  My first three swings were all over the place, but on my 4th, I hit my 7i 10-15 yards farther than usual and on a rope with very little effort.  Then my next few were all over the place again.  I struggle with path issues, and I can see how this could help someone with a sucky inside backswing.  It also felt like it forced my wrists into a good position.  But honestly it seems more like a great drill for beginners rather than a long term swing.  But whatever works works.  To each their own.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The jujuswing works, it is not even up for debate. The reason it works is because the right wrist doesn't set at all in the backswing and when it does set in transition it creates amazing angles and an inside attack. It is not "a manipulated outside" move. Done properly (not some piece-meal attempt that you interpret it to be) it will add a huge amount of speed and make ball striking way more consistent. A half and half version of it or it done incorrectly usually ends in disaster. Comments of 'I tried it on the range and it didn't help' are completely irrelevant to whether it does actually work or not. I guarantee that you were absolutely nowhere near doing it correctly.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, Jsp3316 said:

I've had success trying this swing still working on improving, anyone else have updates?

I think the swing totally works, but requires 100% commitment to being a member of the site and/or getting instructions directly from Brad

I easily picked up 7-10 mph on swing speed, so I am certain it works.

The problem for me is/was the only help you can get when things go awry is from someone who knows the swing. The bad shots for me on course were really bad, I found that I couldnt be confident with the irons. The driver though? Man do i miss some of the bombs I hit. For reference, I'm an older fellow, 55, and live around 95-100 driver speed and with juju I was consistently over 100 mph and hit 112 a couple times. Good luck with it, I know it works