Callaway Releasing Limited Driver and 3Wood

11 hours ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Did you try Will Peoples yet?

7 hours ago, Davethegolfer said:

True Spec/Fairway Jockey will hook you up

I have sent out a few inquiries this weekend. Will follow up on them tomorrow. Really hoping they follow the same pricing as we’ve seen so far. 

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I’m now waiting for that adjustable ST LE fairway to be released😝

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Here’s a side by side of 💎💎💎T vs LS adjustable head

17A10153-91E1-4EDC-8188-EB09C77466D8.jpeg.a94a056eca77468dc343e49fc1b1d4a6.jpeg

• Like 2

Ai Smoke 9* 🔹🔹🔹w/ Accra TZ6 ST

OG Sim Ti 16.5 w/ D+ LTD 80TX

Cobra King Tec 19* w/ TZ6 95M5

T200-T150 4-PW w/ Accra TZi 115's

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 46* bent to 48* w/ Accra TZi 115

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50 & 54* & Vokey SM9 58M* D grind w/ PX LS 6.0's

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

Hasn’t started….other head got here Friday. 

Shootout went down against epic flash sz and 💎💎💎 won that battle thus far.  

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

48 minutes ago, jgreer1421 said:

Hasn’t started….other head got here Friday. 

Shootout went down against epic flash sz and 💎💎💎 won that battle thus far.  

Whered you get an adjustable LS head.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / AI SMOKE 21° + UB7 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SC PHNTM7.5

FB……it’s a fitting head.  At least what I was told lol.  

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

1 hour ago, jgreer1421 said:

FB……it’s a fitting head.  At least what I was told lol.  

Ya supposedly. If it doesnt work out let me know ill take it off your hands.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / AI SMOKE 21° + UB7 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SC PHNTM7.5

38 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Ya supposedly. If it doesnt work out let me know ill take it off your hands.

You got it. Going to give the 💎💎💎 a few sessions and then will decide if I even want to bother with the adjustable head.  It’s being used as primarily a tee only club anyways, so adjustable head will likely be available pretty soon lol

• Like 1

LAB DF3

Chrome Tour

3 minutes ago, jgreer1421 said:

You got it. Going to give the 💎💎💎 a few sessions and then will decide if I even want to bother with the adjustable head.  It’s being used as primarily a tee only club anyways, so adjustable head will likely be available pretty soon lol

My current Callaway tour issue 3w and 4w is an adjustable model so all my shafts are already setup for it hence me wanting to track one down. I've seen these 'fitting heads' trickle out into the market.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 1:31 PM, radiman said:

Has anyone been able to get their 🔷🔷🔷T 3w in play yet?

Had mine in play for a few rounds now. Ventus TR 8X. As expected, a hammer off the tee. Sometimes I will keep driver in the bag just to hit this thing, it’s just fun to hit. Don’t need it much, if ever, off the turf but it just glides through. I usually don’t take divots or hit down with fairways off the turf but I’ll be damned if I don’t find myself doing just that with it lol. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Steg0726 said:

Man when did they say they were releasing these triple diamond  tour 3 wood heads? This is what I’m looking for to replace my XR 3 deep. If anyone has one they want to sell let me know. 

Was a stealthy release only for select accounts. I wish I would have gotten one when I could. They were the same retail price as everything else. Now they’re going for an absolute premium elsewhere. 

im personally holding out hope that we may see some of the triple diamond epic speed heads hit cpo eventually. Been waiting on a reasonable price on that head for a long time. 

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

19 minutes ago, radiman said:

Was a stealthy release only for select accounts. I wish I would have gotten one when I could. They were the same retail price as everything else. Now they’re going for an absolute premium elsewhere. 

im personally holding out hope that we may see some of the triple diamond epic speed heads hit cpo eventually. Been waiting on a reasonable price on that head for a long time. 

Thanks man. Hate when they do these quiet releases. Wish they would just make a retail version. 

1 hour ago, Steg0726 said:

Thanks man. Hate when they do these quiet releases. Wish they would just make a retail version. 

You and me both dude, you and me both. There’s hope though. They finally made the triple diamond driver retail this year. So, I’m really hoping they do something similar with the fairway next year. 

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I wish they made driver heads smaller on a normal basis.  I’m not even a skilled golfer and I find the smaller heads are much easier to use.  The aerodynamics of the larger heads don’t feel right and the stock shafts at retail are way too long (not a problem given that I could cut it, but the length is just asking for trouble for someone unskilled).  The 300 Mini feels pretty much perfect.  As long as I make solid contact, I know that even a mishit isn’t going to produce much left or right curvature, so the next shot should be playable hopefully.  There have been plenty of instances where I’ve hit standard size drivers into the fairway of a different hole.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NHenson815 said:

I wish they made driver heads smaller on a normal basis.  I’m not even a skilled golfer and I find the smaller heads are much easier to use.  The aerodynamics of the larger heads don’t feel right and the stock shafts at retail are way too long (not a problem given that I could cut it, but the length is just asking for trouble for someone unskilled).  The 300 Mini feels pretty much perfect.  As long as I make solid contact, I know that even a mishit isn’t going to produce much left or right curvature, so the next shot should be playable hopefully.  There have been plenty of instances where I’ve hit standard size drivers into the fairway of a different hole.  

I am the same. Everyone makes these squat faced drivers that focus on making it long heel-toe for that forgiveness, but I’m finding I benefit much more from top-bottom forgiveness.

Especially when I play at shorter than 45.5 (which honestly should be 90+% of people), the head looks so much bigger to me too. The 300 Mini at it’s standard length is almost perfect visually for me, I wish it was actually even just a hair taller. TSi/TSR4 comes close in volume at 45” length, but perhaps even just a tad smaller.

I’m waiting for all the TSi4 heads and TSR4 heads to hit the BST/bay.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2022 at 11:01 PM, Steg0726 said:

Man when did they say they were releasing these triple diamond  tour 3 wood heads? This is what I’m looking for to replace my XR 3 deep. If anyone has one they want to sell let me know. 

Just so you know, the Rogue ST 💎💎💎T doesn't operate like a true "deep faced" 3-wood. Yes the face itself has more surface area and camber to get into the turf but its not a head that is low-spin more lower launch. If anything it sits on the higher side of spin and mid-launch. It look cool yes but if you are looking for something to match the XR deep, the Rogue ST LS is the match-up. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 8:14 AM, TheMoneyShot said:

They should’ve just did a normal release for these too so that people don’t have to go on a scavenger hunt to find them. 

There isn't a huge market for a mid- spin 440CC head. Maybe here on the gear head forums but we represent 1/10000th of the golf marketplace. I know for players like us that want the "tour issue" gear its frustrating but ultimately its a business and producing product that will only truly work for a small crop of players makes no sense. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JohnnyCallaway said:

There isn't a huge market for a mid- spin 440CC head. Maybe here on the gear head forums but we represent 1/10000th of the golf marketplace. I know for players like us that want the "tour issue" gear its frustrating but ultimately its a business and producing product that will only truly work for a small crop of players makes no sense. 

And yet the prior year we got Epic Speed TD DS, TD LS, and TD. Maybe if they had some consistency in releases people wouldn't be upset. Prior year you could get the different models if you wanted one of them without much fuss. Also not the best customer service when you have golf shop employees calling a company asking about a club and no one can give consistent info. "We don't make a model like that" well you actually do because I'm holding one in my hand with a TA serial in wrapper with a callaway invoice. 

Hoping for better next year from Callaway or it's gonna be Stealth time.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

15 hours ago, swgolf12 said:

And yet the prior year we got Epic Speed TD DS, TD LS, and TD. Maybe if they had some consistency in releases people wouldn't be upset. Prior year you could get the different models if you wanted one of them without much fuss. Also not the best customer service when you have golf shop employees calling a company asking about a club and no one can give consistent info. "We don't make a model like that" well you actually do because I'm holding one in my hand with a TA serial in wrapper with a callaway invoice. 

Hoping for better next year from Callaway or it's gonna be Stealth time.

@JohnnyCallaway was specifically referencing the 440cc model in this thread with his post - and he's 100% right. The demand for a 440cc head is abysmal. The only other company making one is Titleist in the 4 series? Why design and tool up the factory to make these when you'll only sell a few hundred at most. I'm willing to bet tour adoption was even so low on these Callaway said "Uhhh, lets just sell the rest of this batch as TA serials because we have plenty on the tour trucks for all 4 players that use it."

And your example of the Epic Speed line - the TD DS wasnt officially a released model. It just popped up on CPO when they cleaned out the tour trucks (or extra boxes in Carlsbad) for the incoming Rogue ST line. The TD and TD LS were 'extra' models that were post-retail release just like this years TD S was, but from the numbers it seems like it was a planned release and a precursor to the TD LS from the Rogue ST retail line (which can also be argued is just a re-release of the SZ line but thats a different story).

In my opinion Callaway is actually the most friendly company in regards to having tour issue clubs available (through CPO) for past models. Although they do also have the most tour-specific models in general.

I will say there is a big disconnect between what is available, what just 'pops up' for sale through retailers and CPO, and what customer service at Callaways knows about. For some reason they never have answers, so there's that.

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

@JohnnyCallaway was specifically referencing the 440cc model in this thread with his post - and he's 100% right. The demand for a 440cc head is abysmal. The only other company making one is Titleist in the 4 series? Why design and tool up the factory to make these when you'll only sell a few hundred at most. I'm willing to bet tour adoption was even so low on these Callaway said "Uhhh, lets just sell the rest of this batch as TA serials because we have plenty on the tour trucks for all 4 players that use it."

And your example of the Epic Speed line - the TD DS wasnt officially a released model. It just popped up on CPO when they cleaned out the tour trucks (or extra boxes in Carlsbad) for the incoming Rogue ST line. The TD and TD LS were 'extra' models that were post-retail release just like this years TD S was, but from the numbers it seems like it was a planned release and a precursor to the TD LS from the Rogue ST retail line (which can also be argued is just a re-release of the SZ line but thats a different story).

In my opinion Callaway is actually the most friendly company in regards to having tour issue clubs available (through CPO) for past models. Although they do also have the most tour-specific models in general.

I will say there is a big disconnect between what is available, what just 'pops up' for sale through retailers and CPO, and what customer service at Callaways knows about. For some reason they never have answers, so there's that.

TD DS was available at retail you could order it the same time you could order TD LS and TD you just had to order it shops weren't sent stock.  The argument about design and tool up the factory is moot because if they're making 25 heads for tour players just make a run 100X it. What's the worst that happens you sell off a buncha stock to Will Peoples, Niblick, and the other online resellers of tour clubs? It's not like Rogue TD S heads didn't sell out, they were wildly popular when they went on sale and sold out within 24-36 hours.

Everyone used to bash TM when they did this, but now Callaway does it and we're supposed to be accepting of it? 

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

7 minutes ago, swgolf12 said:

TD DS was available at retail you could order it the same time you could order TD LS and TD you just had to order it shops weren't sent stock.  The argument about design and tool up the factory is moot because if they're making 25 heads for tour players just make a run 100X it. What's the worst that happens you sell off a buncha stock to Will Peoples, Niblick, and the other online resellers of tour clubs? It's not like Rogue TD S heads didn't sell out, they were wildly popular when they went on sale and sold out within 24-36 hours.

Everyone used to bash TM when they did this, but now Callaway does it and we're supposed to be accepting of it? 

I mean this is pretty much exactly what they did with the TD S heads.  

Managing and offering as many SKUs as they do is a task in and of itself.  Even for a company as large as them.  They provide a lot of options to keep their staffers happy because they can.  This year, I think there are a lot more Rogue ST that are available at retail in their staffers bags than there has been for a long time.  They have to cut it off at some point.  I think they do a pretty good job isolating what most golfers would need and focusing on that.  And they seem to be open to changing that year after year.  

Edited by radiman
  • Like 1

Taylormade 2024 TP5X

On 10/11/2022 at 10:06 AM, JohnnyCallaway said:

Just so you know, the Rogue ST 💎💎💎T doesn't operate like a true "deep faced" 3-wood. Yes the face itself has more surface area and camber to get into the turf but its not a head that is low-spin more lower launch. If anything it sits on the higher side of spin and mid-launch. It look cool yes but if you are looking for something to match the XR deep, the Rogue ST LS is the match-up. 

I ended up finding one and have liked it so far. I launch it high but I think most of that has been from the shaft I put in it. I am actually comfortable with it having a little more spin than my 3deep. I would get some crazy flyers and over shoot the green. Appreciate the info tho it’s nice to know what the head is designed for.