5/21 - PGA Championship - NY

5/28 - Ft. Worth - TX

6/4 - The Memorial - OH

6/18 - US Open - CA

7/23 - The Open - ENGLAND

- Alternate Event

*Many dates remain tentative

Edited by billyspan
add events & dates, CJ Cups change, removed subjective header, added Fortinet Napa 9/18, Bermuda add, Prez Cup add, WGC-China cancelled
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Maybe PGA forgoes that whole wrap-around fall schedule and gives that time of year to LIV?  That might be a good play for both, especially if there are more non-US events during that time.

I personally like seeing the European courses on the Euro/DP Tour, provided they don't take all the events to the "Americanized" courses.  Links and heathland courses are not something we have much in the way of here so it is nice to see golf played in a different manner in a different setting.

I don't have much need to see K-Club, etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The 22-23 schedule is definitely going to be different that is for sure.

Given the pulling power of LIV, it seems all but impossible that they are at any point going to give up and crawl back where they came from. The PGA Tour will have to adapt. The fall series would seem to be the obvious choice. Either ditch it in entirely or convert it into either some sort of additional qualifying ground for the Korn Ferry or joint venture with the DP World Tour (which still sounds stupid to say). Let LIV play September through December in warmer climes and just deal with it.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

1 hour ago, MattyO1984 said:

The 22-23 schedule is definitely going to be different that is for sure.

Given the pulling power of LIV, it seems all but impossible that they are at any point going to give up and crawl back where they came from. The PGA Tour will have to adapt. The fall series would seem to be the obvious choice. Either ditch it in entirely or convert it into either some sort of additional qualifying ground for the Korn Ferry or joint venture with the DP World Tour (which still sounds stupid to say). Let LIV play September through December in warmer climes and just deal with it.

I don’t think LIV wants that type of compromise. They’re playing events in June/July. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, redfirebird08 said:

I don’t think LIV wants that type of compromise. They’re playing events in June/July. 

Don't disagree with you but they have said that they don't want to infringe on the big events...not sure how long that would last, wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them. They definitely seem like the sort that if you gave them an inch, they would take a mile. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Just now, MattyO1984 said:

Don't disagree with you but they have said that they don't want to infringe on the big events...not sure how long that would last, wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could throw them. They definitely seem like the sort that if you gave them an inch, they would take a mile. 

I would think they only mean the majors. Those are the only sacred events in the game. Comments from DJ, Mickelson, and others have made it clear that the goal is to only play LIV events & majors. 

My thoughts on this change almost daily, but I think if LIV sticks around past 2023 or 2024 you might see the PGA Tour become a place for the top players only. I mean the top 50 or so, with little turnover and maybe 5 cards or so from the KF Tour. That tour could then become a little richer and be the place where more guys “make a living”. 

Either way the pga tour is going to have to allow guys to play LIV events without getting suspended/banned/whatever. Jay M is probably done, the policy board will rewrite some rules soon and new leadership will allow the current crop of guys back if they want to come back. 

8 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

My thoughts on this change almost daily, but I think if LIV sticks around past 2023 or 2024 you might see the PGA Tour become a place for the top players only. I mean the top 50 or so, with little turnover and maybe 5 cards or so from the KF Tour. That tour could then become a little richer and be the place where more guys “make a living”. 

Either way the pga tour is going to have to allow guys to play LIV events without getting suspended/banned/whatever. Jay M is probably done, the policy board will rewrite some rules soon and new leadership will allow the current crop of guys back if they want to come back. 

Agree with this, JM will likely be replaced.  Long as LIV is a non-qualifying invitational, with unlimited funds, more players will join as the dust settles.  I believe the KFT has more talent, top to bottom, than LIV, over a 4-day event.  There is no shortage of world class tour talent in their 20's and more in the next generation.  Both tours can co-exist. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, golfandfishing said:

I kick that can around as well. 

i think at this point that the LIV turns into the euro-Asian tour at best. It will attract a lot of good Americans.  But it won’t get them all. Not nearly all.  And the KFT has better players right now than the LIV.  If you sent the best 10 KFT players to play in the LIV field next time , they’d clean up.  They’re used t being -25    And shooting 63 to get into an event.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Welcome the players back and make 6 events mandatory to keep their Tour status.

Riviera, Pebble Beach, Bayhill, TPC Sawgrass, Muirfield Village, TPC Southwind (St. Jude).

Pull 80% of the purses from the other events and pour them into those six and space out around the majors from March to August. They should all be $20m+ events. Treat them as the biggest non-major events of the year, heck start counting the "Big 6" wins separately from other tour events. For LIV contracted players, you could offer them appearance bonuses to appear in other events throughout the year that don't contradict with LIV.

Let LIV figure out their schedule around that. This should have been on the table from the start. The options were 1) Cede a little space to the stars who want to make more money but also keep their PGA Tour legacy/reputation intact or 2) Go scorched earth while you lose and get crushed by billions of dollars anyway.

Golf and PGA Tour would have been in vastly better position to grow if Monahan had chosen path #1.  And they could have undercut the relevance of LIV events with their "Big 6".  Now LIV is going to end up with all the talent anyway, their events will grow in stature because it'll be the only competition where all the stars get together, and we're going to get to see Alex Smalley be congratulated by Jack on the 18th green of Muirfield.

Edited by sekrah
  • Like 3

Why make the events they would play anyways the mandatory events?  Adds nothing.

It will be interesting to see if LIV protects their investments and makes events mandatory.  Go to 15 events next year? Mandatory?  Players won’t be nearly as interested in such a tour.  

And I still predict this dies off within a couple years.  If they don’t get ranking points most of the players will soon be unable to play in the majors.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

2 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

Why make the events they would play anyways the mandatory events?  Adds nothing.

It's part of branding those events as the Big 6. It gives them extra stature.  No one cares about The Memorial, it's all mushed together with these other 52 PGA Tour weekends.

And it's an easy bar for these players to maintain their status.

instead, they chose scorch earthed and banned them.  Insane. I can't believe Monahan still has a job.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

It will be interesting to see if LIV protects their investments and makes events mandatory.  Go to 15 events next year? Mandatory?  Players won’t be nearly as interested in such a tour.  

And I still predict this dies off within a couple years.  If they don’t get ranking points most of the players will soon be unable to play in the majors.

Doesn't matter if they are interested or not, it is probably in their contract for the guaranteed payouts. Also, LIV will likely be around for at least 4 years (the duration of many of the player contracts). I don't think we'll see any LIV players tee it up in a regular PGA TOUR event until those contracts run out or the PGA TOUR strikes a deal (2026!).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sekrah said:

It's part of branding those events as the Big 6. It gives them extra stature.  No one cares about The Memorial, it's all mushed together with these other 52 PGA Tour weekends.

instead, they chose scorch earthed and banned them.  Insane. I can't believe Monahan still has a job.

Well,  for starters he did what the players council said to do.

Did you have an answer for what happens when LIV tells the players they’re committed to ALL events?  
Would you rather be a PGA tour player or be a LIV player and tell the Saudi regime-no.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shilgy said:

Well,  for starters he did what the players council said to do.

Did you have an answer for what happens when LIV tells the players they’re committed to ALL events?  
Would you rather be a PGA tour player or be a LIV player and tell the Saudi regime-no.

LIV has already put that language in the player contracts. You better believe there is a minimum they have to play each year to collect. Doubtful anyone is getting a lump sum up front. 8-14 mandatory events with over half in the US.

1 minute ago, billyspan said:

Doesn't matter if they are interested or not, it is probably in their contract for the guaranteed payouts. Also, LIV will likely be around for at least 4 years (the duration of many of the player contracts). I don't think we'll see any LIV players tee it up in a regular PGA TOUR event until those contracts run out or the PGA TOUR strikes a deal (2026!).

Agreed…. I just don’t see many high level pros willing to commit to a set schedule of 15 or more events.

Everything is hunky dory now.  Got a big down payment in the bank…..just 8 events this year.  Fun and games and big bucks.  As they attempt to fill their schedule with more events the enticement becomes smaller.  Sergio is thrilled with more money for fewer events.  More time with the family he says.  What about when it’s 15 events.  Do you think they will grant a release?  What happens to the first player that defies the Saudis and no shows anyways?

image.png.295d18b901b0a39a1c064e743c63d8ea.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billyspan said:

LIV has already put that language in the player contracts. You better believe there is a minimum they have to play each year to collect. Doubtful anyone is getting a lump sum up front. 8-14 mandatory events with over half in the US.

That’s my point Billy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sekrah said:

I like where you are going with this. With LIV going to 14 events in 2023...does the PGA Tour go with 8 or 6 of these "premier" events?

San Diego, Los Angeles, Phoenix, PLAYERS, Canadian Open, Scottish Open, Western Open, Memphis, TOUR Championship

Added the Canadian Open & return of the Western Open. They need to lean on history for help here.

Pgatour need to find a way to put their players under contract with the pgatour as the sole negotiators....

LIv Golf has no source to cultivate talent and they won't be able to poach players from the tour....

Make them sign contracts when entering either the Korn Ferry or rookies on tour.

Problem solved if they could keep their tax status.

Just now, Titleist99 said:

Pgatour need to find a way to put their players under contract with the pgatour as the sole negotiators....

LIv Golf has no source to cultivate talent and they won't be able to poach players from the tour....

Make them sign contracts when entering either the Korn Ferry or rookies on tour.

Problem solved if they could keep their tax status.

Sign a contract for free? 

31 minutes ago, Titleist99 said:

Absolutely not! The tour would have to come up with a dollar amount....you have to remember that coming out of college a player has nothing but his college record....it could be based on that. 

So the Tour would be stuck paying Matthew Wolff 15 billion dollars a year to not make the weekend?

Edited by sekrah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sekrah said:

So the Tour would be stuck paying Matthew Wolff 15 billion dollars a year to not make the weekend?

15 billion is your number .......But, as in everything ....you're worth whatever you can negotiate.

They're negotiating for the right to compete for millions and history on the Pgatour....

4 minutes ago, Titleist99 said:

15 billion is your number .......But, as in everything ....you're worth whatever you can negotiate.

They're negotiating for the right to compete for millions and history on the Pgatour....

PGA has "sports-washed" their own history by hogging the calendar with too many meaningless events. They did this to themselves.

I bet if you were alive then you would have been sick to your stomach about Jack and Arnie breaking away from the PGA of America.

Edited by sekrah
  • Haha 1