PXG 0211 Iron feedback wanted....

mantan

Preferably XCor, but interested in feedback from users on any model. Some of the feedback I found from a search were from people who raved about them....but the bag signature is something else.  (No judgement there, I've done the same thing myself....)

Thank you!

Edited by mantan

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland Launcher XL Hy-wood 18*
Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 4H

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Srixon MKii ZX5s 6-PW Modus 105s

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 48*

Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 52*
Cleveland CBX4 Zipcore 56*

PXG Battle Ready 'Bat Attack' 

• mantan changed the title to PXG 0211 Iron feedback wanted....

I have the DC version which is now my backup set.  Shot 77 my lowest round of the season with them.  Only went away from them because the Gen4 in Darkness finish were so affordable.

The DCs were so soft feeling, albeit not as soft as the forged XPs that I’m playing now.  They’re long too but with consistent distances, no hot spots or fliers.

I wouldn’t hesitate to play the xcor version…in fact, i might go for a Darkness set once/if they go on fire sale.

• Like 1

I have the 2019 version. I like them a lot. I am getting them MOI matched and i bet that will really make them come alive for me. When i was fit for them, they felt the best and gave me great consistency

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

I had the 2019 0211’s and moved them on to my son when I got the Gen3’s…a few months ago I picked up the new Xcor2 in Black because well they were in Black 😂 and the cheapest price they’ve been to date. I absolutely LOVE them and don’t see them going anywhere. They’re not as soft as the Gen 3’s but they do feel very very good. And the dispersion and forgiveness is on another level compared to the Gen3’s I was playing. 

• Like 1

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

And they just went to $99 an iron.  I gotta pull the trigger...

• Like 1

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Bought the 0211 driver on PXG’s eBay site in October of 2021 and loved it. At $79 a club I figured I would give the 0211 DC a try and scheduled a fitting in Reno. Unfortunately the fitter quit before my appointment. I spoke with the PXG rep on the phone and we figured out something that should work for me. Ordered 5-gap 2° upright +1/4” with Cypher reg shafts.

Our season is May thru November so I only hit them into a net for 4 months. Bottom line is they replaced my Srixon ZU, 585, 785, Z combos.

Index was 6 in May and dropped to 1 by November. I added the 4 iron and SW in June. Shot my age (69) 4 times this season on a tough course. They are soft and long — about 15 yards over the Srixon. Yes the lofts are strong, however, they fly higher than the equivalent Srixon.

My miss has been left with them so PXG is gonna adjust the lie back to 0°. Cost for adjustment for the 9 clubs — $50 including shipping. BOOM BABY!

• Like 1

I got mine at the last $99 sale.  I’ve played 5-6 rounds.  I think they aren’t quite as soft as the Gen 3’s I replaced with these.  These have a more crisp, (not harsh) feel.  The one thing I really enjoy is the improved accuracy and very repeatable.  I’d say, it’s the best clubs in that $100 range.  Also, during that sale, I got the free fitting, free shipping AND Nippon shafts that were $39 upgrade, for no extra charge.

I only hope they keep these sale prices going.

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I love the progressive head sizes compared to the XP’s.

Edited by Soccerrick10
  • Like 1

I appreciate the feedback. I scheduled a fitting session for Tuesday.

I love my Srixons. But one of my favorite sets of all time was a set of black TA5s I had back in the day. I love the PXG driver and putter I was fit for. I hit my Srixons well.  I actually did an iron fitting for an 0311P and they couldn't beat my Srixons. It definitely wasn't worth spending $169/club to do it. But I'm thinking an 0211 6-GW will fit the yardage gap of my ZX5 5-PW. And for $713 for a set of black irons, it's worth it.

• Like 1

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

On 11/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, SurfDaddy said:

Bought the 0211 driver on PXG’s eBay site in October of 2021 and loved it. At $79 a club I figured I would give the 0211 DC a try and scheduled a fitting in Reno. Unfortunately the fitter quit before my appointment. I spoke with the PXG rep on the phone and we figured out something that should work for me. Ordered 5-gap 2° upright +1/4” with Cypher reg shafts.

Our season is May thru November so I only hit them into a net for 4 months. Bottom line is they replaced my Srixon ZU, 585, 785, Z combos.

Index was 6 in May and dropped to 1 by November. I added the 4 iron and SW in June. Shot my age (69) 4 times this season on a tough course. They are soft and long — about 15 yards over the Srixon. Yes the lofts are strong, however, they fly higher than the equivalent Srixon.

My miss has been left with them so PXG is gonna adjust the lie back to 0°. Cost for adjustment for the 9 clubs — $50 including shipping. BOOM BABY!

How was the gapping for the short irons?  I'm thinking about going 6-G which I'm anticipating will replace the same yardage gaps as my current 5-48*.  But the one thing that concerned me were the 5-6* gaps between the 9-G.  The 0211s round out with a 54* and 60*.  I'll see what the fitting shows, but thinking I may keep my 52* and 56*. (my lob wedge is a bag ornament)

Edited by mantan

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

i have said it many times before, and every time someone asks me how I like them....pound for pound you will not find a better iron that is under $100 a piece.  They simply perform, sound wonderful, and give you the forgiveness needed.  I have not experienced any fliers either, which is a huge plus.  These will be in my bag for another 3 years, just love them.

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5*

Stealth+ 3W

Stealth+ 5W

Honma TR20V 5-GW

Edel SMS 54/58

Custom Built Putter by Myself

21 hours ago, mantan said:

How was the gapping for the short irons?  I'm thinking about going 6-G which I'm anticipating will replace the same yardage gaps as my current 5-48*.  But the one thing that concerned me were the 5-6* gaps between the 9-G.  The 0211s round out with a 54* and 60*.  I'll see what the fitting shows, but thinking I may keep my 52* and 56*. (my lob wedge is a bag ornament)

For reference, my Driver speed tops out at 100 mph, 9 iron is 85, Gap 75. At 5,000' elevation my 0211 9 iron ranges from 145-155, P is 130-145, Gap is 115-130.

Played all 3 versions of the 0211 from the original in 2019, to the XCOR and then the XCOR2.

All are very good but preferred the original as they were easier to reshaft and work with since the newer versions stock length is +1/2” as compared to the 0311P.

Heads are also about 7g lighter to account for the extra 1/2”.  

I ended up in Gen4 0311XP as swingweighting is so much easier with the big center weight, as I switched from steel to graphite shafts. 

0211’s overall are excellent irons and really are a mix of 0311XP heads in the long irons and 0311P in the short irons.

If you play them stock length and loft, they are essentially one club longer than a “players” set standard like the 0311P.

My irons used to start at 5i but with the longer shafts and stronger lofts, I dropped the 5i as well and moved to 6i as my longest iron.

I subscribe to the Tom Wishon theory that your longest iron should be no more than 24* in loft and 38” in length which happens to be right about what the 0211 XCOR2 6i is at stock (length is just a hair over 38” at stock length).

Watch PXG Express on eBay and you can generally pick up a set for even less than what you would pay direct from PXG.  Any condition is very playable, even in Value condition and generally exceeded what PXG rated their condition. 

29F066CF-0B13-497A-AADE-1359DBC03623.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Radeon962 said:

Played all 3 versions of the 0211 from the original in 2019, to the XCOR and then the XCOR2.

All are very good but preferred the original as they were easier to reshaft and work with since the newer versions stock length is +1/2” as compared to the 0311P.

Heads are also about 7g lighter to account for the extra 1/2”.  

I ended up in Gen4 0311XP as swingweighting is so much easier with the big center weight, as I switched from steel to graphite shafts. 

0211’s overall are excellent irons and really are a mix of 0311XP heads in the long irons and 0311P in the short irons.

If you play them stock length and loft, they are essentially one club longer than a “players” set standard like the 0311P.

My irons used to start at 5i but with the longer shafts and stronger lofts, I dropped the 5i as well and moved to 6i as my longest iron.

I subscribe to the Tom Wishon theory that your longest iron should be no more than 24* in loft and 38” in length which happens to be right about what the 0211 XCOR2 6i is at stock (length is just a hair over 38” at stock length).

Watch PXG Express on eBay and you can generally pick up a set for even less than what you would pay direct from PXG.  Any condition is very playable, even in Value condition and generally exceeded what PXG rated their condition. 

29F066CF-0B13-497A-AADE-1359DBC03623.png

Your dead on about the specs. The 0211 7-iron is essentially the same spec as my ZX5 6-iron.

My fitting is tomorrow and I'm going to look at the numbers through that lens. I hit my ZX5 6-iron 170 yards.  I'm anticipating the 0211 7-iron will be in the 170-175 range, though interested if it's in the same launch window. 

I love my ZX5s. It's kind of silly that I'm even looking. But I love the black finish and want to be fit for a set. I'm returning the 0311 5-wood I didn't like. So I'm using my wife's logic that a refund doesn't mean you spent the money and then considering new irons for $500 is worth it.  The things we will rationalize for ourselves, lol!

Though I am going to be objective about their performance. If I don't love them in the fitting bay, I'm fine sticking with what I have. I love the $25 fitting process because it's cheap enough to take a flier on.

Edited by mantan
  • Like 2

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

Interesting fitting session today. I got fit right after playing a round. So honestly, I was a bit drained.  And ran out of gas quickly in the session.

I loved how the 0211s look. They felt good at impact.  Not as good as Srixons, but as a guy who played PIng G irons for a long time, they were more than fine in that department.

I thought the KBS Tour Lites would be my favorite based on a previous session. But I really don't like the feel of that shaft. Feel is HUGE to me. The one thing I've learned in previous sessions is that a shaft feeling 'natural' to my swing is HUGE. Surprisingly the shaft that felt/performed the best was the DG 105. My previous experience with Dynamic Gold was the original shaft we played back in the day and that was heavy and low launching.  I had demoed the Dynamic Golf SL years ago which was their low weight version for awhile....and hated it.

I really like the feeling of the DG105 at transition and through impact.  I currently play the Modus 105s. They've been great. They feel like the old Rifle shafts with a solid/stable feel and high strong ballflight. I'm a high ball hitter.  One of the things I love about my current ZX5 with the Modus is I feel I can stick a green with a 5-iron.  Also found out in trying different shaft lengths that it feels more natural with better dispersion with the 0211 standard length shafts  (+.5 inches) than one built to the same length as my current clubs.

The downside is it's an upcharge shaft (?!?), but with the credit I have from the club I returned, it's still the same cost.

Decisions, decisions.

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

I have been using 0211DC XCOR irons with graphite shafts over the past 12 months and would classify them as tweener handicap irons. They have very small offset and are a progressive set, which means that the longer irons go far without having to over exert myself. These clubs have helped me to develop of smooth swing tempo and to lower my scores from high 90s to mid 80s. I've gained a lot of confidence from inside 165 yards (7i to W). And while I can occasionally get on the green from 195 yards I need to practice my 5i some more. 

Best value out there.

Keeping in mind, I'm old, with a slow swing speed well below the normal 100++ mph that everyone on this site seems to have (😂), I've been playing the 0211DC irons for just about a year, occasionally putting my 2018 Callaway Apex irons back in the bag for a round or two. Over 133 rounds this year, the PXGs are 5-8 yards longer per club obviously due to stronger lofts and longer shafts. They are just as or more forgiving, and I think, for a cast club, they are surprisingly as soft feeling as the forged Apex irons. Tough to beat the performance/cost ratio.

I played the DC's, not the Xcor2 but if they are anything like the original DC's, they are good sticks.

A couple things about the DC's I noticed.  1) Stupid long, even with the jacked lofts, they carried farther than all other like lofted irons.  2) Extremely accurate, I had full confidence in hitting greens from 200 out with the 6 iron.  My driver swing speed is 103-105.  A 24 degree iron should not carry that distance with my swing speed.  3) Bump n runs around the green were iffy.  With the hot face of the DC's it was difficult to control bump n runs.  Especially with the PW or GW.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik

4 Wood: PXG Gen 5

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 

Irons: Cleveland ZipCore XL (5-AW)
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 4 ZipCore  (54, 58)
Putter: Toulon Memphis

I have the 0211 DC's and they are easily 1.5 to 2 clubs longer than what I normally play.  For reference the 0211 6 iron is 24° whereas my gamer 4 iron is 25°. They are obscenely forgiving and straight.  In fact I'd say they are TOO straight at times.  VERY easy to hit long.  For me personally, I score a little better when I play them.  But I REALLY don't like the lack of feedback on missed shots and coming from solid forged irons I've never gotten that pured feel from them. 

Edited by Kmagnuss

For those that have the PXG dark finish, how would you say they wear over time?  While I love the black color on irons, I really don’t like it if it wears quickly

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond
PXG 0211 (15)

PXG 0211 (19)
PXG Gen 6 0311P 5-AW
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54, 58
Seemore Mini Giant DF

1 hour ago, pgetzen said:

For those that have the PXG dark finish, how would you say they wear over time?  While I love the black color on irons, I really don’t like it if it wears quickly

The DLC coating that PXG uses is second to none, best "black" finish I've ever seen.

I have the PXG Gen 4 Xtreme Darks and have been playing them for probably about 4 - 5 months now. I'm retired and play 36 holes pretty much every day. My clubs still look brand new.

• Like 1

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

1 hour ago, SEP1006 said:

The DLC coating that PXG uses is second to none, best "black" finish I've ever seen.

I have the PXG Gen 4 Xtreme Darks and have been playing them for probably about 4 - 5 months now. I'm retired and play 36 holes pretty much every day. My clubs still look brand new.

Agree completely that the Darkness finish is extremely durable.  I’ve had my Gen4 XPs and SDII wedges since June and the the back/bottoms still look new.

My PW shows the most face wear and it’s not horrible.  This finish is very similar (if not the same process) as the Maltby DBM finish.

55E9D498-E5B2-446D-AC8A-B149D914F899.jpeg

2AF39B97-8B1C-424B-A1D1-DD06BE8A7D25.jpeg

1CF0DB53-01E8-4D2F-A019-8A489B574957.jpeg

• Like 1

I appreciate all the feedback. I decided just to sit tight for now.

I loved the PXG driver and putter I was fit for that I was just jonesing to add more clubs to the bag. But after sleeping on it, I realize I'm trying to force a fit that wasn't there naturally. I was taking a flier at $119/club for the black models. But I'd either be paying more to upgrade or going with a shaft that wasn't optimal. 
PXG will always have sales. I may hold on until they close these out when next year's 0211s come out.

:PXG:0311 9* (Gen 5)

PING G430 Max 10.5 

Cleveland XL Halo 5H

• 5 months later...

I had the PXG GEN5 P's and hit these XCOR2's and I like them better than GEN5's.  The shape and sole is what I like most about the XCOR2's.  They feel just like the GEN5's.....foregiveness same......sound off face same.....performance same.  I just like the thinner sole these have and head shape which is a little more compact.  I have owned all the PXG sets from GEN1 - GEN5's and these are the best PXG irons I have owned.  I have them in the Tour Elevate stiff shafts and the launch is good and high.  Irons are strong lofted but I hit them as high as weaker lofted irons.  Anyway, just an incredible iron.

• Like 3

I tried a friend’s PXG 211 driver at Top Golf and was immediately sold on PXG.  I went for a fitting and they fitted me to a 311 driver 3 wood and I thought I was set.  Went back to get fitted for irons, figuring that I would get the 311’s, but the fitting revealed I got better performance from the 211’s.  I also ended up with 2 311 hybrids.

Im coming off a set of Titleist MB’s which I strike consistently but just can’t get the distance with my old body.  I can’t speak about the clubs highly enough, accurate, good feedback… a bit longer.

The fitting was painless and resulted in the correct bag… highly recommend.  Also, can’t really beat the price.

Ray

2 hours ago, lsuscott said:

I have owned all the PXG sets from GEN1 - GEN5's and these are the best PXG irons I have owned

DITTO, I've said it on multiple threads here on the forum but these irons are simply amazing. I'd be willing to bet that PXG themselves had to be surprised by the performance of these XCOR2's.

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT 
PUTTER -   PXG Battle Ready Gunboat w/M16 Stability Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

Can anyone comment on the cost of the iron fittings? I am interested in the irons and based on price are very reasonable. Just interested if there is a fitting cost if you buy from them? The irons appear to be $699 on the website so getting a fitting and clubs for that price is a great deal. Adding a fitting cost to it brings a few other clubs into play. Thx.