2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Callaway Paradym driver - 2022 QBE Shootout

I realized after posting this I get banned for life but did anyone compare the GBB to the Paradym?

I have an AD-DI, AD-HD and Kaili blue and tried all of those shafts in both heads yesterday and was surprised and how nice with GBB was. Plus its much more expensive then the Paradym which I find odd. It was only one afternoon of playing but I was very surprised at how each the GBB was to launch without a great swing and how far it went. 

• Haha 1

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

12 hours ago, Mp14forlife said:

Rahm could plug that aldila shaft into any head made in the last 5 years and he's winning those tournaments. The dude is in the zone and will be cool to see if he continues to ride this wave into the majors. 

video game design GIF by gfaughtCan't keep him down!  

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

7 hours ago, ob1soccer said:

I realized after posting this I get banned for life but did anyone compare the GBB to the Paradym?

I have an AD-DI, AD-HD and Kaili blue and tried all of those shafts in both heads yesterday and was surprised and how nice with GBB was. Plus its much more expensive then the Paradym which I find odd. It was only one afternoon of playing but I was very surprised at how each the GBB was to launch without a great swing and how far it went. 

I found GBB to launch quite high, want to draw, and to be VERY low spinning. It’s very effective at decoupling launch and spin; raising launch angle without as much spin increase. Great fun for making TrackMan scream, but not the best scoring tool on course, for me at least. Performance of the whole GBB line is indicative of unusually low CG placements.

GBB is for the player that can benefit from light weight, help raising launch, some draw enhancement, and maximum distance at the expense of some control that comes with keeping spin on.

• Like 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

After weighing my Paradym head and finding it to be 192 and the sliding weight to be 10 grams not 15 grams I contacted Callaway again. I'm still confused as to why they'd select a light weighted head and lighter movable weight on a build 3/4 inch shorter than standard. Apparently they add weight to the shaft tip first and then figure out head weight to achieve swing weight. This seems backwards to my thinking but it is what they did. I was also told they're adding hot melt to heads and using a lighter sliding weight to balance that out. So the 15g weight advertised to tune in flight of the driver is not exactly true. I'm honestly disappointed with Callaway but have added lead tape to the head and it is performing well. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 Tensei 1k white
Callaway GBB Denali black 

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58m PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

33 minutes ago, tigercolt77 said:

After weighing my Paradym head and finding it to be 192 and the sliding weight to be 10 grams not 15 grams I contacted Callaway again. I'm still confused as to why they'd select a light weighted head and lighter movable weight on a build 3/4 inch shorter than standard. Apparently they add weight to the shaft tip first and then figure out head weight to achieve swing weight. This seems backwards to my thinking but it is what they did. I was also told they're adding hot melt to heads and using a lighter sliding weight to balance that out. So the 15g weight advertised to tune in flight of the driver is not exactly true. I'm honestly disappointed with Callaway but have added lead tape to the head and it is performing well. 

Wow that is disappointing. Ping have gone down the route of adding super heavy weights at the back to add MOI and flight shape options. Who knows where Callaway site the hot melt, but a 10g sliding weight is really undermining the impact that can have. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

I found GBB to launch quite high, want to draw, and to be VERY low spinning. It’s very effective at decoupling launch and spin; raising launch angle without as much spin increase. Great fun for making TrackMan scream, but not the best scoring tool on course, for me at least. Performance of the whole GBB line is indicative of unusually low CG placements.

GBB is for the player that can benefit from light weight, help raising launch, some draw enhancement, and maximum distance at the expense of some control that comes with keeping spin on.

I agree with all those points and I personally benefit from all those options. I usually launch too high, with slight pushes.

Low spin also good for me as well. Obviously this was one day testing which means nothing. Need to get on trackman outside and on the course to get some better information

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

The Para TD 10.5 is stupid good, 3rd round today and for the record I am 64 and swing like a lumberjack with normally high driver spin (OTT on bad ones) and I doubt I get to 105 mph with the very best swings. Had 3 today out to 260 and nearly drove a 274 yd par 4 (3 ft off the front edge. 

That is incredible for me, I have played this course many times and could not get to that Par 4 with the Rogue TD with the same shaft and I feel like I missed it a bit. It is a very low spin head and set at +1 / N I can just wail at it and if I center it up it is long, misses a bit off the toe still carry very well.

Way out on the toe is a wounded duck as it should be. I do find I have to tee it with the top of the ball even with the top of the driver or just slightly higher to get the best results.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

1 minute ago, rorykoepka said:

Does anyone know if the round weights in the rogue st ls triple diamond work for the paradym triple diamond? Thanks!

yes, just not goldish colored

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

Bought an 8° TD head today at my local store and just got done taking her for a spin on my quad vs my 8° tsr3. Ventus Black 6X in both. Playing 45”. TD felt a bit light with the stock weight so I have a 8 gram weight coming to swap out for the stock 2. Ran the head in the stock hosel setting with the 14 up front and 2 in the rear. Ball speed was on average 3mph faster than my 8 degree TSR and spin was about 400rpm less. Spin window on the TSR was just too high, hence the change. Numbers on the TD before taking time to get it any more dialed are: 179 ball speed, 14 launch and 2300 spin. Was able to turn the ball over very easily and still keep spin around 2k. Likely going to throw the 8 gram weight in the rear and move the cog to a more flat position to move my start line a hair. Overall, very happy with the head and know I can get it dialed in much better than my TSR that I’ve been gaming since they dropped. 

• Like 2

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

1 hour ago, KingTitus said:

Bought an 8° TD head today at my local store and just got done taking her for a spin on my quad vs my 8° tsr3. Ventus Black 6X in both. Playing 45”. TD felt a bit light with the stock weight so I have a 8 gram weight coming to swap out for the stock 2. Ran the head in the stock hosel setting with the 14 up front and 2 in the rear. Ball speed was on average 3mph faster than my 8 degree TSR and spin was about 400rpm less. Spin window on the TSR was just too high, hence the change. Numbers on the TD before taking time to get it any more dialed are: 179 ball speed, 14 launch and 2300 spin. Was able to turn the ball over very easily and still keep spin around 2k. Likely going to throw the 8 gram weight in the rear and move the cog to a more flat position to move my start line a hair. Overall, very happy with the head and know I can get it dialed in much better than my TSR that I’ve been gaming since they dropped. 

Do you think you’ll stick with the 8 degree over the 9 or was there much difference? 

7 minutes ago, endy said:

Do you think you’ll stick with the 8 degree over the 9 or was there much difference? 

Spin for me was almost identical between the two. The 8 just hit my launch window a little better. I think 8 is the winner. Honestly surprised how playable the head is for being such a “low spin head”. Hit a few high toes that stayed above 1800 and held their line nicely 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitus said:

Spin for me was almost identical between the two. The 8 just hit my launch window a little better. I think 8 is the winner. Honestly surprised how playable the head is for being such a “low spin head”. Hit a few high toes that stayed above 1800 and held their line nicely 

What’s your swing speed ?

Word of caution guys. My triple diamond shaft from end of grip to end of adapter is 44.25 inches but I’m getting a playing length of just over 45 inches. I feel like in the past that would be a playing length of about 45.5. Has anyone else noticed this? I had the store swap the shaft I wanted from the paradym driver and just screw it into my triple diamond driver. Not sure if this years models are playing at different lengths but be aware

27 minutes ago, Ex Blade User said:

What’s your swing speed ?

126-130 depending on how I’m feeling 

2 minutes ago, Ex Blade User said:

Can I borrow some?! Lol

I’m liking the TD so far. Had the kaili tx in rogue and ordered the kaili x for paradym but like it better with the tx even though I only swing around 108

Lol come grab some! Gets me in trouble some times.

Would love to try the Kaili TX. Hit the kaili X before and enjoyed the feel. The TX looks like a different beast on paper. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitus said:

Lol come grab some! Gets me in trouble some times.

Would love to try the Kaili TX. Hit the kaili X before and enjoyed the feel. The TX looks like a different beast on paper. 

It’s awesome. Love the x in 3/5 wood with the extra kick and spin but the tx really works in driver for me. A touch of kick great feel and very firm tip. People say blueboard feel white performance but I hate blue boards and love whiteboards it feels like a high end whiteboard to me. Kind of like my modus 120

• Like 1

Honestly I wish Callaway came out with the model Rose is using. Tweaked Paradym with ability to reduce spin and more TD looking. Even watching the Steph Curry fitting he smashed that head and it was much easier to get height and control. 

• Like 1
:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

13 hours ago, UnderPar18 said:

Honestly I wish Callaway came out with the model Rose is using. Tweaked Paradym with ability to reduce spin and more TD looking. Even watching the Steph Curry fitting he smashed that head and it was much easier to get height and control. 

Yeah, maybe it's just me but I did not like the fact that they put out a Steph Curry Paradym fitting for the public to chew on, yet ended up in the "tour sauce" i.e. standard tour model that the public can't purchase.  It rubbed me the wrong way, and the way JW sort of whispered "tour sauce head" felt slimy.  I don't see the point.

I'm a fan of Steph Curry and Cally drivers....would love to get my hands on that head, but not on BST for $800.

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 3

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

29 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Yeah, maybe it's just me but I did not like the fact that they put out a Steph Curry Paradym fitting for the public to chew on, yet ended up in the "tour sauce" i.e. standard tour model that the public can't purchase.  It rubbed me the wrong way, and the way JW sort of whispered "tour sauce head" felt slimy.  I don't see the point.

I'm a fan of Steph Curry and Cally drivers....would love to get my hands on that head, but not on BST for $800.

At the end of the video it said Paradym Triple Diamond 9* with TR Red tipped 1". Did I miss something about him being in the tour standard head? They tested it between the models but didnt keep it?

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

27 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

My guess is the "tour sauce" is actually a better fit for a lot of golfers than the TD is. But trying to go with a three model release, they opted for the TD since it Low launch and low spin and figured if folks want they can just dial in the regular paradym. I do agree it's weird they showed that as i think that video was intended for the masses who don't understand what that driver actual is. 

:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)

Just now, third-times-a-charm said:

At the end of the video it said Paradym Triple Diamond 9* with TR Red tipped 1". Did I miss something about him being in the tour standard head? They tested it between the models but didnt keep it?

As i watched it, it looked like Steph was hitting the tour head effortlessly and the best, but I think they wanted to end up fitting him into a retail offering for viewers. I could be completely wrong, but it seemed like the tour head seemed like the best fit 

• Like 1

Also noted from the Steph video;

The fitter guy behind the camera said the Paradym Std Tour has 'onset' - or at least more onset - than the retail model for more fade bias.

...he also said the shaping (they compared it on video) was more like a TD model (IE like the single diamond models from previous EF and Mav lines).

So it turns out I was mostly correct about what the head is.

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

30 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Definitely had a manipulative let them eat cake feel. I thought the velo/non velo Fuji was one thing but callaway takes it to another level. 

2 minutes ago, UnderPar18 said:

My guess is the "tour sauce" is actually a better fit for a lot of golfers than the TD is. But trying to go with a three model release, they opted for the TD since it Low launch and low spin and figured if folks want they can just dial in the regular paradym. I do agree it's weird they showed that as i think that video was intended for the masses who don't understand what that driver actual is. 

To be fair to Callaway; sure its possible to fit lots of people into this Std Tour head but retail fitters generally dont need to or want to fiddle with that level of adjustment for the 98% of the golfing public who dont know or care about the nuances that we do on WRX. The retail heads will hit the same optimal numbers for the large swath of golfers.

The 5% of us on here who want the head could have fun with and tune it like they do on tour but that doesnt justify a 4th model to be produced en masse.

Plus, Callaway gets the benefit of another low spinner bay/monitor queen to make sales when Joe Shmoe hits that 1800RPM bomb in Golf Galaxy. Hence why the TD models are hitting shelves with the 14g weight forward.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mp14forlife said:

Definitely had a manipulative let them eat cake feel. I thought the velo/non velo Fuji was one thing but callaway takes it to another level. 

Even the Fujikura velocore confusion is not their fault (they allow it, but...) - that's on the OEMs like Taylormade and Callaway, too. Fujikura can't turn down a multi-thousand QTY shaft order when a big company comes to them and says do what we say so we can sell more drivers.

Edited by third-times-a-charm

9 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

To be fair to Callaway; sure its possible to fit lots of people into this Std Tour head but retail fitters generally dont need to or want to fiddle with that level of adjustment for the 98% of the golfing public who dont know or care about the nuances that we do on WRX. The retail heads will hit the same optimal numbers for the large swath of golfers.

The 5% of us on here who want the head could have fun with and tune it like they do on tour but that doesnt justify a 4th model to be produced en masse.

Plus, Callaway gets the benefit of another low spinner bay/monitor queen to make sales when Joe Shmoe hits that 1800RPM bomb in Golf Galaxy. Hence why the TD models are hitting shelves with the 14g weight forward.

To be fair though even Callaway experienced fitters having issues fitting the TD and decided to make sure all TD heads are being with weight back now and not forward. My point is triple diamond is on such one side of the spectrum that the tour head likely fits more of the masses than the actual TD and is plently low spin especially with having endless amounts of shafts to fit for and even adjusting the front weight for spin.