2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Callaway Paradym driver - 2022 QBE Shootout

2 hours ago, tigercolt77 said:

Exactly, I'm guessing length adjustment is a pretty common request. But providing no proof it was done or how is baffling. 

Callaway almost never uses the heavier driver head weights to SW peoples clubs. They only use those for shorter stock builds like 44.75" womens drivers.

Callaway will add either 2g or 4g .335 tip weights to SW the club up to a certain point but they will not match a desired or even stock SW if you go too low (over 1").

So there you have it.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

3 hours ago, tigercolt77 said:

So, I ordered my club at 45 inches from Callaway and called to request the swing weight be kept at standard. I asked how they'd do it and if I could specifically request a heavier movable weight to achieve it. I was told no, but they would add this to the notes per my request. The head weight was not adjusted so when I received it and put my Tensei 1K white in the swing weight is too light. I called them to ask if the adjustment was made to my custom request. I was told "it should have been" but could get no answer as to how or if it was actually done. I asked for the heavier weight so I could bring up the swing weight and was told no, we don't send those out separately. Just a bit frustrated with Callaway and not sure what to do to get the swing weight correct. Their only solution was return the club for a refund... I'm assuming they tip weighted the shaft for swing weight but they had no idea if or how the club was adjusted per my request. 

I can send you an 8 gram weight I have laying around if that helps

• Like 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

Went to PGA superstore today with my og sim max. That thing is still a beast, it was right there with the paradigm triple diamond and better dispersion. Playing that sim max turned down and open is just a great combo for my swing. I think about the only real way to gain speed with any of these drivers the past few years is to do it thru shaft, light weight, different profile etc, and maybe playing around with a different ball.

I also hit the aero jet standard head. Doesn't feel as good as the Callaway but pretty consistent. Those cobras run low spin in general, and the standard aero maintained decent spin all around on good hits and miss hits, pretty solid driver. 

First report on course, took the TD to a tournament as the first round. First shot sliced way right and I was like uh oh... After I settled down I hit a ton of fairways, 50% total (I suck, my average is 35%) and at least two of those were dead straight, I just hit them into bunkers due to bad management. It was about the only club in the bag that worked today, but boy am I excited. I know... honeymoon period and all that, but the two things that I do think are real:

- The club just sits great. This is obviously really personal, but I find 9% of all drivers I want to hit sit too closed, and this is the first I've played where I felt comfortable at address.

- The thing is ridiculously forgiving. For a TD head I was expecting the range not to translate to the course and have more curve, but it's just straight. Distance wise I never expected and never saw huge gains, it's really the forgiveness that's incredible.

I think we're going to get a long for long time. At least 2 years 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD -  Autoflex SF505X

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim2 Ti  - TourAD VR 7S

2 Srixon ZX Utility -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

4 Hybrid: Titelist TSi2 - Kuro Kage 60s

PW-5:  Titelist T150 - Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Wedges: Titelist SM9 50,55,60  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Putter: Evnroll ER2

Where can I buy a weight kit for the triple diamond? 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

25 minutes ago, Mp14forlife said:

Went to PGA superstore today with my og sim max. That thing is still a beast, it was right there with the paradigm triple diamond and better dispersion. Playing that sim max turned down and open is just a great combo for my swing. I think about the only real way to gain speed with any of these drivers the past few years is to do it thru shaft, light weight, different profile etc, and maybe playing around with a different ball.

I also hit the aero jet standard head. Doesn't feel as good as the Callaway but pretty consistent. Those cobras run low spin in general, and the standard aero maintained decent spin all around on good hits and miss hits, pretty solid driver. 

The thing is, all these new drivers still have to conform to the USGA COR/CT standards, which has everything to do with the trampoline effect of the face.  The only way to introduce a longer driver is to make it more aerodynamic or create a better shaft.  Ya can't mess much with the face... that's already maxed out.

• Like 1

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

On 2/17/2023 at 5:01 PM, loosetooth said:

Shop order came in yesterday - I was jealous of all you that were getting the early drop.

9° Triple Diamond. I’m a slow, chimpy swinger. Max out around 100 club, 44ish ball. Carry/total with the Paradym is about the same as my Epic Speed TD with the same shaft/shafts. 

Two shafts I’ve been gaming are Accra Tour Z RPG 352 M4 & Ventus TR RED 5S. I built a Graphite Design Tour AD CQ 5s a month ago - thinking slightly higher spin with very similar mid/butt feel to the other two. Was spinning quite a bit more with my Epic Speed & thought it would marry well with the Paradym. 

Interesting that the Callaway stock equip is 2g face/14g deep. I figured I would be messing with the weights. First tried to use 6g face/10g deep. Spin was consistently under 2K. Followed with the 2/14 & was close to 3K on misses. Settled with 4/12 & this was the sweet spot. Consistently 2,300 - 2,500. Misses never went below 2,100 or above 2,700. Incredible consistency. Was able to control the window & the spin was unbelievably steady. L/R misses were considerably closer to target. Crazy consistent dispersion.

The GD CQ was slightly too spinny. The RPG & TR Red were nearly identical - numbers & flights/windows. Spins were in the perfect range. For whatever reason, the RPG seemed to up-spin less with low misses from bunty-cuts(a go-to tee shot for me). I think it may have been some fatigue, but the RPG slightly edged the TR Red.

Final setup is Paradym TD 9° set at +1/N. 4/12 weight set-up. Accra Tour Z RPG 352 M4.

Most won’t care about the results/tuning from this slow, old man - but maybe there’s a few chimpers out there that read this. Hah. Hope everybody is getting some game weather to try all their new gear. 

Good stuff and I’m right there with you in the old and slow group.   Ha 

Sounds like some solid testing.  Glad you found a good combo.   And I’d you decide to move on from that TR shoot me a PM.   I have it on my G430 and it seems to work for me 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

3 hours ago, Minarets said:

Where can I buy a weight kit for the triple diamond? 

Also Billybobs (you can also use the same weights from Rogue TD and Maverick line)

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Thanks 1

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

4 hours ago, Pleasedwith3putts said:

I'm excited to give the TD a good test but Rahm is not a good ad for it at the moment 😝

Rahmbo is driving the ball like Rory just now as neither player can hit a fairway to save their lives and both have the dreaded two way miss going, I can't understand why they don't hit way more fairway woods off the tee to find some more fairways.

53 minutes ago, ARSM1932 said:

Rahmbo is driving the ball like Rory just now as neither player can hit a fairway to save their lives and both have the dreaded two way miss going, I can't understand why they don't hit way more fairway woods off the tee to find some more fairways.

Schauffele too, not many pros that are a good ad for the 2023 driver line up 🙃

Put the Paradyms in play for the second round with the Graphite Design shafts in my sig and night and day better all around.

Hit the driver at N/ S off the 1st two tees and saw real low flight, lofted up 1* and it came alive. Hit some of the best drives in weeks and had a couple out past 250 carry which is huge for me. The misses were still quite good and only one stinker bad swing that still was in play. Just right rough.

I have the 3 wood at 16* and nearly made it on 2 par 5's in two which is rare and the 5 wood lofted up to 20* is just stupid easy to hit and I shocked myself  with a couple of recovery shots that I was just trying advance and made the fringe or on the green. 

Very happy with them set up like this and look forward to getting better with more reps. I am not a range rat so all my testing is during rounds with friends.

• Like 4

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

8 hours ago, hoosierfan0035 said:

Weird, the driver lineup has already won 4 times this season 🙃

5 times as Callaway is off to a great start with their sales 

Edited by Tiptx1122

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

Got 2 range session in with my Paradym 3D 9 degree Ventus Blue 6X over the weekend and here are my initial thoughts:

• Much more forgiving than I was expecting
  • Neutral flight bias for my swing
  • Very solid sound and feel; not a trampoline feel off the face
  • Overall shape, face angle and even color are great to my eye

Messed around with the weights and cogs and the best combo with how my early season swing is +1 loft, heavy weight back.  This is very similar setup to how my LTDx LS is setup (9* +1, heavy weight in the toe) and the BIG advantage the Paradym has over the Cobra is that the Paradym is MUCH more accurate with less total dispersion.  Also did not see a hard left toe dip in the Paradym like I do occasionally get with the LTDx LS.

First round with the Paradym 3D is this upcoming Friday at my most played course; excited to see how I perform with it in the bag.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 9* Graphite Design VF 6

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 7
Callaway Apex UW 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 8
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 9

Titleist T100 5-PW Vokey SM9 50* Fujikura Axiom 125
Artisan 55*DS+LE 59* DR+LE Nippon Modus3 125 wedge
LAB DF3

On 2/17/2023 at 5:26 AM, dodgyman said:

The only thing I haven’t done is test outdoors but the AF does seem to be made for this head. This is the shaft I used with my epic speed, and I did not need to change anything with it. I don’t know the weight difference between the two heads but the AF seems to fit the new head better than the old one, and agreed that it is a killer combo, the two compliment each other.

I’m still waiting on my PTD but I did find a gem in a head I haven’t played in over a year.  Had the AF SF505XX in an Epic Speed TD but in the very rare Triple Diamond D driver.  Was hitting some monster bombs with the AF but of course I moved on to other heads and eventually sold the AF with Cally adapter.  Of course I went back to an AF and started testing in the TSR3 lineup recently.  However I paired the Epic Speed TD D head with a Ventus Black 6X and good lord it’s been amazing so far.  I’ve tested it against an Tour Issued Aerojet LS, Mizuno ST Z 230 and my trusted TSR3.  All with the same Ventus Black TR 6X.  So far the Epic Speed TD D has been the longest overall and most consistent.  Going to test it vs the G430 LST and my TSR3 with AF tomorrow.  I’ve been very surprised with the results. 

also have a FreeFlex shaft (next big competitor for the AutoFlex) coming this week from S. Korea and I’m going to put a Cally adapter on it so I can hit the PTD and the Epic Speed TD D.  

• Like 3

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

Taking the TD on a trip to Myrtle this week. Will get plenty of work in.  

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

6 hours ago, hoosierfan0035 said:

correction.. 5 times

Great soundbite but by any measure Rahm's driving is worse with the PTD at the moment, final round was a bit better. Let's be clear here, I'm still thinking of buying one, but you can't be blind to the fact that the World #1 is hitting it all over the place, he's just got away with it as the rest of his game is so phenomenal and he's had some great breaks too. Using the win indicator to say his driving is fine is like saying Morikawa must be putting well based on a high finish 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2023 at 9:42 AM, Mp14forlife said:

I'm a big lead tape guy and I'm not as picky as others about aesthetics but that wouldn't be my gripe, if you're paying that kinda price, some answers or explanation would be nice.

No one can expect Cally or TM to do any sort of custom work. Even if they are just cutting down shaft and hitting a swing weight. The only way I would place a customer order from Callaway is direct with the rep or find a " Callaway component" dealer period. Ever since Callaway moved club building to Mexico it has been a mess for custom orders... To expect anything different is being "naive". It is a shame but just the way it is...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

5 hours ago, Wardonation said:

No one can expect Cally or TM to do any sort of custom work. Even if they are just cutting down shaft and hitting a swing weight. The only way I would place a customer order from Callaway is direct with the rep or find a " Callaway component" dealer period. Ever since Callaway moved club building to Mexico it has been a mess for custom orders... To expect anything different is being "naive". It is a shame but just the way it is...

I have a buddy that ordered a PTD at 44.5" and Callaway do swing weight it.  They put 2 14g weights in it.  So if they can't hit there number with a tip weight then they will change the head weights.

Finally hit the paradym TD today and boy is she fast. Considerably faster than my current TSR3 and the Stealth2+. Place I hit it at only had the 9 degree. Spin was pretty much idea but launch was a bit much for me. Now the question is should I go 8 degree to bring the launch down a touch and then have the ability to flip the weights or come up with any sort of weight combo needed to dial in the spin more...

• Like 1

SIM2 8 degree - Ventus Black 7x

SIM2 3 wood - Ventus Black 8x

Srixon ZX Utility 2 Iron - Ventus Black 10TX

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 4-PW - Project X 6.5

Mizuno T20 50/55/60 - Project X 6.5

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1x Left Dash

17 hours ago, Pleasedwith3putts said:

Great soundbite but by any measure Rahm's driving is worse with the PTD at the moment, final round was a bit better. Let's be clear here, I'm still thinking of buying one, but you can't be blind to the fact that the World #1 is hitting it all over the place, he's just got away with it as the rest of his game is so phenomenal and he's had some great breaks too. Using the win indicator to say his driving is fine is like saying Morikawa must be putting well based on a high finish 😁

Rahm was hitting monster bombs with it in Hawaii.  I think Riv is a tough driving course.  Just look at what Max was doing and he's one of the very best drivers of the ball.   Hard to gauge..Rory has been spraying it lately and I'm sure thats on him not the Stealth + or S2+ he went with

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

6 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Rahm was hitting monster bombs with it in Hawaii.  I think Riv is a tough driving course.  Just look at what Max was doing and he's one of the very best drivers of the ball.   Hard to gauge.

He only hit 60% of fairways at the Sentry, joint worst in the entire field with Spieth ranked -10%. He was down to 41% at Riv (ranked -10%) which was only better than 5 players that made the cut. At last years Waste Management he was ranked +15% for accuracy and this year was +1%. Great to hit bombs, but my point stands his accuracy has notably declined for a player at the top of his game, a US Open style set up would have beaten him. Schauffele has only had one +% driving week since switching too. I'm excited by PTD as it's the first driver that has been borderline too low spin for me but I've seen a lot of reviews now suggesting accuracy is the big trade off and you can see that in the stats of the marquee staff at the moment.

4 hours ago, Pleasedwith3putts said:

He only hit 60% of fairways at the Sentry, joint worst in the entire field with Spieth ranked -10%. He was down to 41% at Riv (ranked -10%) which was only better than 5 players that made the cut. At last years Waste Management he was ranked +15% for accuracy and this year was +1%. Great to hit bombs, but my point stands his accuracy has notably declined for a player at the top of his game, a US Open style set up would have beaten him. Schauffele has only had one +% driving week since switching too. I'm excited by PTD as it's the first driver that has been borderline too low spin for me but I've seen a lot of reviews now suggesting accuracy is the big trade off and you can see that in the stats of the marquee staff at the moment.

His driving was spotty leading up to the PTD switch.  It is a very low spin head and that can contribute to delinquency lol but I think its too early to assume or "blame" the driver.  It will be fun to follow the next few weeks.

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 1

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X