2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Callaway Paradym driver - 2022 QBE Shootout

10 hours ago, radiman said:

Version 6 I believe looking at the USGA site.  Version 7 is the TDS and version 8 is the TDS+.  But, version 4 is also a TDS.  The confusing part is version 2 and version 5 are both triple diamond.  And version 7 and version 4 are TDS. Lol, I think I am just confusing myself even more. 

Man that reads like the DaVinci Code. I need to hire Tom Hanks or Sherlock to understand what Callaway did.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

9 hours ago, Minarets said:

I was pretty dead set on TSR4 with 1k black. X stiff.  Just tried the TD 8 -1° with the AV white in stuff and was getting great launch And spin.   Now I need it NOW lol.  Tired of spinning my driver 2500-3400 and landing 250 yards.  Where is best play to buy that won’t wait until release date?

I’m not convinced on the 1K Black.  It’s got some heft and is probably too low latching for me.  I’m having inconsistent results even withe the TSR4 weights switched.  Still hoping for a TD “S” limited release like last year 

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cobra Snakebite 2023 Versatile 58 bent to 59 Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

1 hour ago, Lemonde said:

I’m not convinced on the 1K Black.  It’s got some heft and is probably too low latching for me.  I’m having inconsistent results even withe the TSR4 weights switched.  Still hoping for a TD “S” limited release like last year 

I’m not sure as I get told 1700-1900 spin is too low.  But that’s what I was getting with the 8° TD turned down to 7°. My launch was 14-16, 1700-1900 spin.  Ball speed was 154-157. Carry 270ish.   I am happy with that.   

with TSr4 8° to 7.25°  I was getting 2100 spin, launch 17° and carry 265.  

my PXG 0811x proto is like 17-20 launch, 2700-3000 spin and carry 250.   

the too low of spin, sounds good to me. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

1 hour ago, Minarets said:

I’m not sure as I get told 1700-1900 spin is too low.  But that’s what I was getting with the 8° TD turned down to 7°. My launch was 14-16, 1700-1900 spin.  Ball speed was 154-157. Carry 270ish.   I am happy with that.   

Don't turn the paradym down...spin will come up a touch. 1700-1900 is really cutting it close to having knuckle balls.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

Don't turn the paradym down...spin will come up a touch. 1700-1900 is really cutting it close to having knuckle balls.

With ball speed around 155mph I would take a guess at the CHS being around 105mph, so for the degree of loft change that will add around 250rpm or so of spin.

if the heavy 14g weight from front to back increases spin by around 350-400rpm or so.

Making these adjustments may get you exactly where you want to be in terms of spin.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

So I originally was hitting it at 8° and was getting 2200-2400 spin but my total was coming up short.  Carry was further by 5 yards.  He turned it down 1 and obviously my carry was just shorter by 5 but the rollout was much greater. I know you can’t count on that total tho. 

1 minute ago, Minarets said:

So I originally was hitting it at 8° and was getting 2200-2400 spin but my total was coming up short.  Carry was further by 5 yards.  He turned it down 1 and obviously my carry was just shorter by 5 but the rollout was much greater. I know you can’t count on that total tho. 

You know what settings give what data. Now, it's go to course and see how it plays. You may find the occasional low spin shot isn't worth the extra 5 yards...1700 can get sideways quickly if you are too open or too closed to path or target line.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, getitdaily said:

You know what settings give what data. Now, it's go to course and see how it plays. You may find the occasional low spin shot isn't worth the extra 5 yards...1700 can get sideways quickly if you are too open or too closed to path or target line.

It’s not the low spin that makes the ball go offline, in fact it can be quite the opposite! 

The reason why there is a stigma about low spin being “uncontrollable” is due to-

1. The fact that a very low spin loft is often one of the major driving factors in the spin being low. Shots struck with lower spin loft tend to be harder to control.

A forward CG location has lower spin properties than one located towards the rear of the head. Forward CG locations will generally be less stable on poor strikes as the MOI will be lower than if the CG was more  towards the rear of the head.

High toe strikes are lower spin shots, however if this is a miss hit compared to what  the player was aiming for in terms of strike location on the face then it will draw/hook away relatively more than expected from their intended target. (Assuming their intended strike was in line with the CG of the club)

Lower spin shots actually tend to not curve as much if the spin axis is tilted, so lower spin is actually very good if you want to hit the ball straight.

5 minutes ago, HISPL said:

It’s not the low spin that makes the ball go offline, in fact it can be quite the opposite! 

The reason why there is a stigma about low spin being “uncontrollable” is due to-

1. The fact that a very low spin loft is often one of the major driving factors in the spin being low. Shots struck with lower spin loft tend to be harder to control.

A forward CG location has lower spin properties than one located towards the rear of the head. Forward CG locations will generally be less stable on poor strikes as the MOI will be lower than if the CG was more  towards the rear of the head.

High toe strikes are lower spin shots, however if this is a miss hit compared to what  the player was aiming for in terms of strike location on the face then it will draw/hook away relatively more than expected from their intended target. (Assuming their intended strike was in line with the CG of the club)

Lower spin shots actually tend to not curve as much if the spin axis is tilted, so lower spin is actually very good if you want to hit the ball straight.

That's a lot of words to repeat that 1700-1900 low spin is not your friend.

Edited by getitdaily
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

That's a lot of words to repeat that 1700-1900 low spin is not your friend.

No, not at all, perhaps I wasn’t clear.

1700-1900rpm of spin IS your friend, as long as the player is aware of how to play the shot to generate these spin numbers with a shot that is predictable.

Trying to play a shot where the intended strike is located high in the toe will result in lower spin, so long as the player is aware of how the gear effect will influence the ball flight then this is not a problem.

If the player makes a swing that would usually result in more of a cut/fade and they make a strike that neutralises this (more towards the toe) it can be a straight ball flight that is low spin.

I keep this in mind and like to play with this as my intended shot, it allows me to hit it straight with low spin and my miss is a predictable fade/cut.

• Like 1

Just now, HISPL said:

No, not at all, perhaps I wasn’t clear.

1700-1900rpm of spin IS your friend, as long as the player is aware of how to play the shot to generate these spin numbers with a shot that is predictable.

Trying to play a shot where the intended strike is located high in the toe will result in lower spin, so long as the player is aware of how the gear effect will influence the ball flight then this is not a problem.

If the player makes a swing that would usually result in more of a cut/fade and they make a strike that neutralises this (more towards the toe) it can be a straight ball flight that is low spin.

I keep this in mind and like to play with this as my intended shot, it allows me to hit it straight with low spin and my miss is a predictable fade/cut.

I get everything you're saying, believe me, I understand the dynamics. 

But what you're saying, simply put is 

"As long as you strike it almost perfectly, you can play at 1700-1900"

The reason 1700-1900 is not playable is because no one, not even tour players, have the ability to hit every drive, under pressure, with the face control and strike location control to have 1700-1900 not be a problem at some point.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, getitdaily said:

I get everything you're saying, believe me, I understand the dynamics. 

But what you're saying, simply put is 

"As long as you strike it almost perfectly, you can play at 1700-1900"

The reason 1700-1900 is not playable is because no one, not even tour players, have the ability to hit every drive, under pressure, with the face control and strike location control to have 1700-1900 not be a problem at some point.

But the miss is just a “relatively soft” fade/cut unless the strike is very much out of the heel of the club.

I think you would find it is actually very playable!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HISPL said:

But the miss is just a “relatively soft” fade/cut unless the strike is very much out of the heel of the club.

Been there. Done that. It's playable for a lot of shots. But then you're standing on the 16th tee with a 1 shot lead and make a suspect swing and the ball goes OB. Whereas, at 2200-2500 that ball falls in the rough.

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, HISPL said:

What @getitdaily is saying is very sound. You're free to do what you like - but 1700-1900 on a center strike has zero margin for error and your mis-hits will drop below 1600 which is comical. Conversely, If a center strike is 2200-2400 - you have much more room to play with on this mis-hits and they wont go offline so much.

I think you can 100% better tune your numbers with a different setup, but again its you and your money so if you like it thats all that matters.

I just spoke with a 10ish cap high spin player who got fit into a Paradym TD model with the 14g weight forward just because the fitter wanted to cut his spin that way. I warned him about playability on the course as well; even at the risk of me sounding like a dick know-it-all explaining it to him. We'll see how it goes.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Like 3

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

In my experience if your well struck drive is spinning sub 2k your toe and high strikes have a chance of landing in knuckle ball city. 

• Like 1

TSR3 9° Ventus Black TR 6X - Stealth+ 3W Ventus Blue 6TX - Stealth+ 5W Ventus Black TR 8X - Mizuno 225 4i / MP 20 5-PW Proj X IO 6.0 - Titleist SM9 S200 50.12F 55.11D 60.04T - Rossie White Hot (Circa ~2002...I forget)

Indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

16 minutes ago, MattC555 said:

In my experience if your well struck drive is spinning sub 2k your toe and high strikes have a chance of landing in knuckle ball city. 

No, what I was getting at is that you should be aiming for a toe strike that is low spin, anything that is closer to the middle or heel

will spin more.

Aiming to hit the ball high toe will mean that anything that isn’t struck there will be a “softer fade” and higher spinning.

What I'm reading is that you are trying to hit the club outside the sweet spot - high and on the toe.  This is not something I try to do or would recommend, but to each their own.  I aim to hit the middle of the face.  My typical miss is toe side.  These misses are shorter and left of my good strikes.   

TSR3 9° Ventus Black TR 6X - Stealth+ 3W Ventus Blue 6TX - Stealth+ 5W Ventus Black TR 8X - Mizuno 225 4i / MP 20 5-PW Proj X IO 6.0 - Titleist SM9 S200 50.12F 55.11D 60.04T - Rossie White Hot (Circa ~2002...I forget)

Indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I just spoke with a 10ish cap high spin player who got fit into a Paradym TD model with the 14g weight forward just because the fitter wanted to cut his spin that way. I warned him about playability on the course as well; even at the risk of me sounding like a dick know-it-all explaining it to him. We'll see how it goes.

Couldn't agree with you more on this point.  Having a LM (GC3) I have seen it first hand that what looks great indoors (sub 2000 spin) doesn't translate (for me at least) to the course in a playable way.  I am a 3 handicap currently - and the low spin knuckle ball happens more than I would like playing a driver that is LM star.  Consistency is highly underrated.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, cubuffs said:

Couldn't agree with you more on this point.  Having a LM (GC3) I have seen it first hand that what looks great indoors (sub 2000 spin) doesn't translate (for me at least) to the course in a playable way.  I am a 3 handicap currently - and the low spin knuckle ball happens more than I would like playing a driver that is LM star.  Consistency is highly underrated.

I have been saying this for years now. I don’t buy a driver unless I can get a demo to play 9 holes with at the club. Hitting indoors rarely translates to the course for me. I want to see the flight outside.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 7:14 AM, Minarets said:

1700-1900 spin will def get you the CHLOROFORM ball, but also the potential for horrific misses. 2000-2300 at your speed is $$ if you could bring the PTD spin up just a hair.   I think its potentially the quickest head this year.  Let us know how it all shakes out

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Thanks 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

Apparently you cannot order the 8° triple diamond right now until the official launch date? I see on several sites it’s not available. Tried to order from Golftec too.  No dice. Only 9 and 10.5

Shopping Cart

1 item(s) currently in your bag
Paradym Triple Diamond Drivers
Paradym Triple Diamond Drivers
Availability: In Stock
Qty:  

• Hand: Right
  • Loft:
  • Shaft Origin: Factory Installed - Stock
  • Shaft Material: Graphite
  • Shaft Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemical
  • Shaft Type: Mitsubishi Kai’li White 70 Graphite
  • Shaft Flex: XStiff
  • Grip: Golf Pride - Tour Velvet 360 Grey Cap (55g)
  • Item No: spr5624841
Straight from Callawaygolf.com
Edited by tbone18
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, tbone18 said:

Shopping Cart

1 item(s) currently in your bag

• Hand: Right
  • Loft:
  • Shaft Origin: Factory Installed - Stock
  • Shaft Material: Graphite
  • Shaft Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemical
  • Shaft Type: Mitsubishi Kai’li White 70 Graphite
  • Shaft Flex: XStiff
  • Grip: Golf Pride - Tour Velvet 360 Grey Cap (55g)
  • Item No: spr5624841
Straight from Callawaygolf.com

Thanks. I just tried it and it said shipping in 2 to 4 weeks. Weird. I’ll try again shortly.

3 minutes ago, Redbird said:

Who did you all order from that you’re getting them before the 24th?  

Think most shops that took preorders are receiving them before the “launch” on the 24th. Was told by the small shop I ordered my 3W from that they’d probably have it next week.

TSI3 - AD XC 7X

Titleist TSI3 16.5* - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Apex UW 19* - ADDI 9X

Titleist T100S - Project X LS 6.5

Vokey 50/54/58

Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Newport 2

1 hour ago, Redbird said:

Direct from Callaway

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

1 hour ago, Redbird said:

My club was able to get mine in early

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X
Miura AS-1 4-P Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 50,55,60 Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron X5