2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Callaway Paradym driver - 2022 QBE Shootout

36 minutes ago, radiman said:

I find that entire industry to be insulting to my intelligence.  Like companies basically blatantly saying we are gullible enough to just buy whatever these people tell us.  

But, I am old.  I don't really follow any online personalities.  

The fact that it’s actually a job is crazy to me. “Content creator” is another one. Kind of interchangeable. 

“influencers” used to be people that were actually good at whatever they were peddling. Michael Jordan, Arnold Palmer, etc….now we have Ryan o toole and the she sisters. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ex Blade User said:

The fact that it’s actually a job is crazy to me. “Content creator” is another one. Kind of interchangeable. 

“influencers” used to be people that were actually good at whatever they were peddling. Michael Jordan, Arnold Palmer, etc….now we have Ryan o toole and the she sisters. 

Content creator seems less offensive to me.  They're producing something people are watching I get that.  Calling them influencers like I am too stupid to notice that they're just a marketing tool is the insulting part haha.  

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

8 minutes ago, Ex Blade User said:

True but I work in the film industry as an editor and find it personally offended by the “content” created. Just turn in your phone and jump around or give me a golf tip when you can’t break 80 but look good in yoga pants passes for film content lol 

Haha, I can definitely see that.  

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

"YouTuber" was in the top five career goals of elementary school students per a recent poll.

We old men yelling at clouds may not want to believe that this trend is real but it absolutely is. My 13-year old son can recite hundreds of facts about specific personalities including their subscriber count and cumulative views. He could care less about anything broadcast on network TV these days and I don't see that changing in the future. 

Then again most of us don't believe how much annual revenue is generated by the video game industry, which is WAY bigger than the film industry now. 

Many influencer/gamer/reviewer channels are more popular than network TV shows and require a similar amount of work to produce. Coming up with concepts, filming, editing, publishing and promoting content is way harder and more time consuming than it looks.

Edited by me05501
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

On 1/20/2023 at 10:48 AM, bcflyguy1 said:

Going to D on the Callaway adapter takes the lie angle about 2* upright.

Don't overlook the standard Paradym head when making your choice, particularly since you got on well with the 410 LST.

This.

I'm more of a triple diamond guy by demographic, but the standard head was so good for me.

• Like 2

TSI3 - AD XC 7X

Titleist TSI3 16.5* - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Apex UW 19* - ADDI 9X

Titleist T100S - Project X LS 6.5

Vokey 50/54/58

Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Newport 2

1 hour ago, me05501 said:

"YouTuber" was in the top five career goals of elementary school students per a recent poll.

We old men yelling at clouds may not want to believe that this trend is real but it absolutely is. My 13-year old son can recite hundreds of facts about specific personalities including their subscriber count and cumulative views. He could care less about anything broadcast on network TV these days and I don't see that changing in the future. 

Then again most of us don't believe how much annual revenue is generated by the video game industry, which is WAY bigger than the film industry now. 

Many influencer/gamer/reviewer channels are more popular than network TV shows and require a similar amount of work to produce. Coming up with concepts, filming, editing, publishing and promoting content is way harder and more time consuming than it looks.

Yes I know but the throw away instagram “content” and YouTube stuff does not take as much time to write and produce as a feature film or a (quality) episodic tv series or commercial package. Footage is footage and its time is about equal to edit minus all the time spent with producers and levels of creative input which by itself is half the job. 

I agree it does take a lot of time and effort to continually come up with stupid ideas to film on your phone but that doesn’t mean it’s good

sorry, I’m old and quality of content I work on vs pre internet is staggering. 

back to the paradym that I already preordered due to YouTube reviews….haha

Edited by Ex Blade User

31 minutes ago, Ex Blade User said:

Ha! I guess all those thrown-together videos are good for something. 🙂 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

had the opportunity to test the Paradym TD and the G430 LST this weekend. 

Ended up going with the TD but it took some time for us to get it exactly dialed in: ended up with an 8-degree head turned up 2 degrees, moved the heavier weight to the back, and changed the adapter to 1 degree flat. I'm not sure I would've gone with the TD had I not been fit for it. The Ping was good, I just couldn't find anything really standing out above my current gamer. The TD added 6 mph ball speed which was amazing. I have a 110 clubhead speed and was getting 166 mph ball speed. Really excited for it to come in

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X
Miura AS-1 4-P Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 50,55,60 Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron X5

On 1/21/2023 at 7:36 PM, Mp14forlife said:

Just got done at PGA superstore. Hit the standard paradym and triple diamond. The standard paradym I tried in a bunch of different combos, high loft, then tuning it down, low loft etc...it's a solid club and it is a touch longer and a little faster ball speed than my sim max. All in all a good club but I prob wouldn't upgrade from my sim max.

Now, the triple diamond is a fun club, tried it in the low lofts and it cruises 5 mph faster ball speed than my sim but it was too wild. I then tried it in the 10.5 and it was pretty dang good and consistent and about 12-15 yds longer than my sim max. Two weeks ago, I was averaging 162 ball speed with my sim max, it's winter and haven't hit much but normally I'm mid 160s. I hit a handful at 170 with the TD paradym. Averaged near 167 ball speed. So I'd say it's about 3-5 mph faster than og sim max and 10 -15 yds longer distance. Has me thinking! Lol  all were hit with a prov1x

IMG_20230121_165738958_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230121_165649120_HDR.jpg

Attack angle of 8.7-9.4*? Is that  accurate?

Edited by ilikegolf26

3 hours ago, Ex Blade User said:

Yes I know but the throw away instagram “content” and YouTube stuff does not take as much time to write and produce as a feature film or a (quality) episodic tv series or commercial package. Footage is footage and its time is about equal to edit minus all the time spent with producers and levels of creative input which by itself is half the job. 

I agree it does take a lot of time and effort to continually come up with stupid ideas to film on your phone but that doesn’t mean it’s good

sorry, I’m old and quality of content I work on vs pre internet is staggering. 

Hahaha "back to the paradym that I already preordered due to YouTube reviews….haha"  That cracks me up.

I do like some of the content people provide and are willing to answer questions. Johnny Wunder for Callaway has always been open and I feel honest when asked questions.  I only use him example because were are on the topic of Paradym.  

Edited by kenwiggins11
misspelled a word
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kenwiggins11 said:

Hahaha "back to the paradym that I already preordered due to YouTube reviews….haha"  That cracks me up.

I do like some of the content people provide and are willing to answer questions. Johnny Wunder for Callaway has always open and I fell honest when asked questions.  I only use him example because were are on the topic of Paradym.  

I know I am a golf club ho. THAT can’t be denied ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One thing that's confusing me: Carl's Golfland has the Diamana PD and TB as custom shaft options (only a $200 upgrade) on Paradym drivers and fairway woods. But I can't find those listed anywhere else, or on Callaway's website (where the only Diamana options are the BF and ZF). I wonder what the deal is.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

17 minutes ago, eric61 said:

One thing that's confusing me: Carl's Golfland has the Diamana PD and TB as custom shaft options (only a $200 upgrade) on Paradym drivers and fairway woods. But I can't find those listed anywhere else, or on Callaway's website (where the only Diamana options are the BF and ZF). I wonder what the deal is.

They’ll appear soon; just back ordered.

• Like 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

3 hours ago, eric61 said:

The deal is $200 upgrade *snicker*

15 hours ago, getitdaily said:

The deal is $200 upgrade *snicker*

I mean, considering it's $200 vs. the normal $350 list price, it's a reasonably good price! Compared to Callaway charging $350 for most Ventus shafts that retail for $350, or $250 for Graphite Design shafts that go for $380, for example.

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Ping G430 Max @20* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X (or sometimes G430 3H with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

4 Utility: Ping iCrossover @23.5* | Graphite Design Tour AD DI 95X (or sometimes G430 5H at 25* with Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S)

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

I got to test the Paradym TD against 3 other drivers recently and it came down to the TD and Tsr3. Both really solid drivers but the TD had an extra gear for me. I tried both with the new Hzrdus 4gen black 60 6.5. I liked it most with the 14g in the back. Up front with the 14g if you’re swinging well its a total beast. I was still getting great numbers with it in the back and seemed a little more consistent. Love the look and feel as well. Im a high spin/low launch type player and this was in 25-30* weather with range balls. I was impressed nonetheless. Will be the first Cally driver in the bag in a long time.

Edited by dbone919
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, dbone919 said:

I got to test the Paradym TD against 3 other drivers recently and it came down to the TD and Tsr3. Both really solid drivers but the TD had an extra gear for me. I tried both with the new Hzrdus 4gen black. I liked it most with the 14g in the back. Up front with the 14g if you’re swinging well its a total beast. I was still getting great numbers with it in the back and seemed a little more consistent. Love the look and feel as well. Im a high spin/low launch type player and this was in 25-30* weather with range balls. I was impressed nonetheless. Will be the first Cally driver in the bag in a long time.

Someone needs to test a TD with an 8g/8g split...

Just now, getitdaily said:

Someone needs to test a TD with an 8g/8g split...

or a 6/10 split  LOL

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Just now, dbone919 said:

I will definitely be ordering some extra weights for it to test out. You got along well with the 8/8 split I remember reading back a page or two. 

I never tested 8/8...only had std weights in a demo head. Definitely got along well with 2g/14g. But I bet 8/8 or 6/10 and I would have gotten those higher spin strikes to be under 2500. 

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

5 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

I never tested 8/8...only had std weights in a demo head. Definitely got along well with 2g/14g. But I bet 8/8 or 6/10 and I would have gotten those higher spin strikes to be under 2500. 

Gotcha. You must have just been wondering aloud about the 8/8…i read too many posts on here lol my best strikes are usually nowhere near that low of spin but definitely anxious to get this driver n mess around with the weights a bit. Unfortunately its gonna be awhile yet here in Northern MI. 

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

4 minutes ago, dbone919 said:

Gotcha. You must have just been wondering aloud about the 8/8…i read too many posts on here lol my best strikes are usually nowhere near that low of spin but definitely anxious to get this driver n mess around with the weights a bit. Unfortunately its gonna be awhile yet here in Northern MI. 

6 and 10 could be the golden ticket!  Word is most Pros are splitting the weight like 8 to 8.  I play 14 to 2 and it's been very good.  Tight cuts and I usually have a straight to slight draw.  PTD is def fade biased and the look at address appears ever so slightly open.  

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

18 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

6 and 10 could be the golden ticket!  Word is most Pros are splitting the weight like 8 to 8.  I play 14 to 2 and it's been very good.  Tight cuts and I usually have a straight to slight draw.  PTD is def fade biased and the look at address appears ever so slightly open.  

For sure noticed the fade bias. I hit a standard 10.5* but going to order the 9* n turn it up a degree I think. Time will tell on the weight split but have a couple good options to try out beside the 2/14 with the 8/8 n 6/10 suggestions. Thanks guys! 

• Thanks 1

• easyyy unfeatured this topic