2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Callaway Paradym driver - 2022 QBE Shootout

53 minutes ago, trentyoung33 said:

Different shafts. Using different shafts in TSR ball speed stayed pretty consistent, though.

While the shafts were different, they were all “low/low” 7X shafts.

Even though multiple shafts can be classified as having the same launch and spin characteristics (ex: low/low) or the same stiffness stamping doesn't mean that they are equal. Take a look at an EL shaft chart comparing two or have a Mizuno shaft fitting, and you'll see that one shaft (based on tempo, toe down, kick angle, and release factor) may fit your swing great, and another (with similar launch, spin, and flex designations on paper) may be an awful fit and not transfer energy efficiently or in a correct direction at the correct time.

• Like 1

What's in the bag:

2037880946_callawaylogo100x.jpg.a3c48e823911f6f5d5b8b92cd5d721ee.jpg

Paradym Triple Diamond 9* (shaft: Ascent)

Paradym Tripe Diamond 3+ & 5 FW (shafts: Kai'li Red)

Paradym 4 hybrid (shaft: Ventus blue HB with VeloCore)

Paradym 5-PW, AW, GW (shaft: Fujikura Vista Pro)

Jaws Full Toe 56 & 60 (shaft: Project X Catalyst)

Odyssey Eleven Tour Lined CS

Tested the TD again today, was swinging a lot better and had more stable spin on my epic speed ~102 Mph speed, and ~2700 spin on average, and today the TD started to punish me. When I tested it last week I was not hitting as well, and spinning in the 3000s on my Epic speed so the TD lowering things was great, but today I was averaging 2100 with more than a few that just dropped out of the sky in the 1700/1600 range.

Re-tested the standard, and it was way more stable. I ended up lowering the loft to 8 deg on the standard and was getting my best numbers. I have a bad feeling TD will punish me too much on certain days, even with the heavy weight in the back. Now I'm really conused... more testing needed.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD -  Autoflex SF505X

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim2 Ti  - TourAD VR 7S

2 Srixon ZX Utility -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

4 Hybrid: Titelist TSi2 - Kuro Kage 60s

PW-5:  Titelist T150 - Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Wedges: Titelist SM9 50,55,60  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Putter: Evnroll ER2

20 minutes ago, dodgyman said:

Tested the TD again today, was swinging a lot better and had more stable spin on my epic speed ~102 Mph speed, and ~2700 spin on average, and today the TD started to punish me. When I tested it last week I was not hitting as well, and spinning in the 3000s on my Epic speed so the TD lowering things was great, but today I was averaging 2100 with more than a few that just dropped out of the sky in the 1700/1600 range.

Re-tested the standard, and it was way more stable. I ended up lowering the loft to 8 deg on the standard and was getting my best numbers. I have a bad feeling TD will punish me too much on certain days, even with the heavy weight in the back. Now I'm really conused... more testing needed.

Heavy weight in front or back on P3D?

21 minutes ago, getitdaily said:

Heavy weight in front or back on P3D?

Heavy weight in the front initially but had to put it in the back. Things were better but still got knucklers. Going 10.5 with TD is an option, but I'm asking myself why? Standard's MOI was impressive, and with -1 loft it was perfect. My heart says TD, but my brain is strongly advising against it.

• Like 4

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD -  Autoflex SF505X

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim2 Ti  - TourAD VR 7S

2 Srixon ZX Utility -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

4 Hybrid: Titelist TSi2 - Kuro Kage 60s

PW-5:  Titelist T150 - Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Wedges: Titelist SM9 50,55,60  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Putter: Evnroll ER2

1 hour ago, Callaway Staffer said:

Even though multiple shafts can be classified as having the same launch and spin characteristics (ex: low/low) or the same stiffness stamping doesn't mean that they are equal. Take a look at an EL shaft chart comparing two or have a Mizuno shaft fitting, and you'll see that one shaft (based on tempo, toe down, kick angle, and release factor) may fit your swing great, and another (with similar launch, spin, and flex designations on paper) may be an awful fit and not transfer energy efficiently or in a correct direction at the correct time.

Yeah, I’m aware but multiple shafts tested with TSR showed 175 ball speed, and of the 3 I tested with the PD nothing was over 171. I think the PD is really good at a lot of things, just don’t think it’s as fast.

TSI3 - AD XC 7X

Titleist TSI3 16.5* - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Apex UW 19* - ADDI 9X

Titleist T100S - Project X LS 6.5

Vokey 50/54/58

Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Newport 2

6 hours ago, aspazian said:

Anyone surprised to see the low upcharge costs for certain premium shafts? Diamana TB, ZF, Tour AD BB and TP showing as $167 CAD adders on the Canadian site. 

Yeah I saw that as well.  Since the ZF is prior gen to the new GT that made some sense but yeah those are great shafts at good prices.  Im assuming Callaway has a little deal going to hopefully boost pre-sale numbers.  I game ZF in the PTD and its $$

• Like 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

3 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Paradym fwys tested...std and 3d. Didn't test the max since it sits really closed even at -1

Rogue st ls gamer hit first. Ignore the ballspeed numbers on it. It's faster than that. Just wasn't loose enough when I hit it. Hit an epic flash I have as well. 

20230116_160454.jpg

20230116_160504.jpg

20230116_160516.jpg

20230116_160530.jpg

So, what's your takeaway from the testing?  Worth the upgrade this year?  Rogue st ls was a very solid offering last year (still is) but being adjustable now is 100% a good move 

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

8 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

So, what's your takeaway from the testing?  Worth the upgrade this year?  Rogue st ls was a very solid offering last year (still is) but being adjustable now is 100% a good move 

100% replacing rogue st ls. It's been a really good 3w but having the option to loft down and open the face more is really big for me. Plus, both aerojet and paradym are incredibly easy to hit while also not ballooning up. 

Now where I go is a big guess right now. After evaluating today's numbers, std paradym is in play and is a great option. I'll hit it again Friday and compare vblack to vblue tr 7x. I'll have my other vblack setup with a TM tour adapter Soni can see what stealth2+ at 15, 14.5, and 14 do with that sliding weight. 

The cool factor goes to stealth2+. My head is telling me aerojet. But it's also the only head I haven't hit with my gamer shaft so far. I'll test it later this week too. Paradym is a pleasant surprise. 

Fun times, 3 really awesome options so far. 

Edited by getitdaily
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, belh22 said:

Similar results with driver as well? 

If you're asking me...

No. Std paradym didn't work for me. Triple diamond with heavy weight back was really, really good but not better than my stealth+. Aerojet drivers are good, I'm sure. But shaft options for testing are not great. I play ventus blue/ black so hitting a hzrdus silver or im10 green just aren't cutting it. Haven't hit stealth2+ yet. Will on friday.

49 minutes ago, TJ83 said:

Guessing this is their Max version similar to Paradym X but without it being as draw biased 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, TJ83 said:

Saw this Max Fast Paradym not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet thought I'd share 

Screenshot_20230117-172346_YouTube.jpg

The "Max Fast" = the fixed hosel model (presumably also engineered to be lighter ... similar to XXIO).  I've heard that it's a JDM / Asia-specific model.

(i see the Speeder NX NVY 40 = a stock shaft).  

Details: https://www-callawaygolf-jp.translate.goog/jp/クラブ/ドライバー/PARADYM-MAX-FASTドライバー/p/BP_007132/configuratorPage/CPQCONFIGURATOR?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

.."Max Fast" = Also mentioned here: 

https://golf.com/gear/new-clubs-usga-conforming-list/ 

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JungleJimbo said:

The "Max Fast" = the fixed hosel model (presumably also engineered to be lighter ... similar to XXIO).  I've heard that it's a JDM / Asia-specific model.

(i see the Speeder NX NVY 40 = a stock shaft).  

Details: https://www-callawaygolf-jp.translate.goog/jp/クラブ/ドライバー/PARADYM-MAX-FASTドライバー/p/BP_007132/configuratorPage/CPQCONFIGURATOR?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

.."Max Fast" = Also mentioned here: 

https://golf.com/gear/new-clubs-usga-conforming-list/ 

Like the epic star from their older models probably 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golfingfanatic said:

Lol

Crossfield fully embracing the clickbait titles and clownshoes thumbnails I see. Gotta do what you gotta do to survive on YT I guess.

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

Coach had a TD 8 degree head with a Ventus Red 6TX so decided to give it a try (current sent up is Rogue Max LS 10.5 turned down to 9.5 with Ventus Blue 6x).

Was pretty unforgiving if not struck in the middle of the face and also difficult to get up in the air. He had the same concern so Callaway sending him a higher lofted head but sound was great.

Callaway customer service told me they can't specifically change the sliding weight to a heavier one in order to keep standard swing weight on a shorter custom length driver. He had no idea how they'll choose to keep swing weight up but I couldn't request the weight???

AI Smoke Max Ventus Velocore +
Callaway GBB Fuji 757 vi 

Cobra LTDX max 5w HZRDUS Blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58v PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

9 minutes ago, tigercolt77 said:

Callaway customer service told me they can't specifically change the sliding weight to a heavier one in order to keep standard swing weight on a shorter custom length driver. He had no idea how they'll choose to keep swing weight up but I couldn't request the weight???

Just wait for Billy Bob's Golf to start carrying the weights.  Shouldn't be long.  they are already carrying weights for the G430.

https://billybobsgolf.com/product-category/club-making/weights/club-head-weights/

• Thanks 1

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

5 hours ago, Red4282 said:

I actually enjoyed that video. No surprise it keeps up out of the middle. The real test would be dispersion and mishits. But its not night and day like everyone would think. 

I know why Crossfield left the difference in total distance out and don't disagree with that methodology, but I guarantee the total distance gap between the two would be far more substantial than 3 yards with a difference in spin and descent angle (not displayed but can be inferred). Gap might even be big enough to eclipse the standard deviations he likes to point out so often.

One theme in his equipment reviews down the years is he will NEVER pass on an opportunity to undermine the way equipment of all types is marketed, particularly by certain manufacturers that shout the loudest and make the most ostentatious claims. He thinks he's doing the buying public a service, right wrong or in between.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

3 minutes ago, Mp14forlife said:

Lots of reviews of folks doing whatever they can to try and get the triple diamond to be playable. By the time folks add a bunch of loft and put the heaviest weight they can in the back of the triple diamond, you'd think they may be better off just playing the standard paradym?

No, they're not the same driver. Very different feel. Std paradym has a lot of weight back. 3d, even with heavy weight back, still has a decent amount of weight forward 

8 minutes ago, Mp14forlife said:

Lots of reviews of folks doing whatever they can to try and get the triple diamond to be playable. By the time folks add a bunch of loft and put the heaviest weight they can in the back of the triple diamond, you'd think they may be better off just playing the standard paradym?

Done a fair amount of data gathering from testing myself and having other players try both heads, and about the only reason I've been able to come up with that the PTD would be the choice is that the player is put off by the shaping and larger footprint of Paradym or preferring the SLIGHTLY softer sound/feel of the PTD. 

Edited by bcflyguy1

WITB Link

4 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

I know why Crossfield left the difference in total distance out and don't disagree with that methodology, but I guarantee the total distance gap between the two would be far more substantial than 3 yards with a difference in spin and descent angle (not displayed but can be inferred). Gap might even be big enough to eclipse the standard deviations he likes to point out so often.

One theme in his equipment reviews down the years is he will NEVER pass on an opportunity to undermine the way equipment of all types is marketed, particularly by certain manufacturers that shout the loudest and make the most ostentatious claims. He thinks he's doing the buying public a service, right wrong or in between.

He's funny.  There's that...

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

5 minutes ago, Mp14forlife said:

Possibly.  The Triple D is meant to generate the fade shot preferred by tour players and the like.  One would have to ask just how much weighting needs to be added to the Triple D to overcome the designed weighting and loft to reshape the shot shape.  At some point, swing weight will become an issue too

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

15 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Yea but honestly we need more of that, shiels says alot of the same but is much more gentle with his delivery. Crossfield takes joy in getting under your skin a bit lol.

4 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Yea but honestly we need more of that, shiels says alot of the same but is much more gentle with his delivery. Crossfield takes joy in getting under your skin a bit lol.

I probably sounded like I’m disagreeing with him, but I’m not. As a fitter I find marketing claims to often be counterproductive.

• Like 1

WITB Link

• easyyy unfeatured this topic