2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Callaway Paradym driver - 2022 QBE Shootout

To all those wanting custom colors through Callaway, I just don't see it happening.  The older models that were offered with that option had black crowns and the customization was done to the painted parts of the driver.  I wouldn't think that they are going to offer different forged carbon sole or crown colors as that would be very cost prohibitive.

22 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Some people like Picaso, some like Dali.

...but everyone loves Leo D

For me, I think this year is one tough one to figure out - Aerojet & LS, Paradym 3D and standard & Stealth 2+ and even the G430 LST are all in consideration.

All of them are so damn good, sound great (not obnoxious like 425s) and I think it's a question of deals and adjustability

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

51 minutes ago, TJ83 said:

Anyone hit the Triple Diamond yet, does it sounds as good in person as it does in these review videos? Sounds super muted which I'm a sucker for lol 

Calling @QuigleyDU

• Like 1

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

2 minutes ago, Cruisin1966 said:

Calling @QuigleyDU

It sounds fantastic!!! 

• Like 3

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Adam Scott has been testing the Triple Diamond head this week amongst some other drivers including his current Stealth gamer and the Ping LST.  Will be interesting to see what he plays this week, he has had a much better season off the tee with the Stealth in 2022.

gettyimages-1455831257-612x612.jpg

• Like 2

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

1 hour ago, KrazyTrain18 said:

Adam Scott has been testing the Triple Diamond head this week amongst some other drivers including his current Stealth gamer and the Ping LST.  Will be interesting to see what he plays this week, he has had a much better season off the tee with the Stealth in 2022.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/610045b6f775786869a4f03bbc6ea866d3e558421809bdcec86344355da3a40c/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/610045b6f775786869a4f03bbc6ea866d3e558421809bdcec86344355da3a40c/1280/https://wrxcdn.golfwrx.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/gettyimages-1455831257-612x612.jpg.d153194f1399d8d5106dc7898ba9afc9.jpg

I truly think this is the driver to beat this year.. sneaky Srixon may be number two.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Some people like Picaso, some like Dali.

Haha! No doubt, “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” as they say.

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Srixon ZX5 (4-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 S

WITB on WRX

3 hours ago, TJ83 said:

Anyone hit the Triple Diamond yet, does it sounds as good in person as it does in these review videos? Sounds super muted which I'm a sucker for lol 

It does sound and feel that good, yes.

Played 18 with a PTD head for the first time today after logging several rounds with the Paradym. TD is noticeably but not substantially less forgiving than the standard head (which is an absolute tank), but when you squish one the TD head is an absolute thumper. This version of TD also seems to handle the high toe strike better than previous iterations. 

Pretty sure I’ll end up gaming the standard head because it’s just so easy and fun, but the TD is awfully alluring in its own way.

Edited by bcflyguy1
  • Like 2

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

8 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Played 18 with a PTD head for the first time today after logging several rounds with the Paradym. TD is noticeably but not substantially less forgiving than the standard head (which is an absolute tank), but when you squish one the TD head is an absolute thumper. This version of TD also seems to handle the high toe strike better than previous iterations. 

Pretty sure I’ll end up gaming the standard head because it’s just so easy and fun, but the TD is awfully alluring in its own way.

I've been using stealth plus since it came out. You have any time with the Stealth Plus for comparison? My miss is always high toe but I'd say the Stealth hasn't been unforgiving for me. I do wish it was more muted but that has nothing to do with hitting good drives lol

Just now, TJ83 said:

I've been using stealth plus since it came out. You have any time with the Stealth Plus for comparison? My miss is always high toe but I'd say the Stealth hasn't been unforgiving for me. I do wish it was more muted but that has nothing to do with hitting good drives lol

Haven’t hit a single ball with a Stealth head, sorry.

• Like 1

WITB Link

6 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

...but everyone loves Leo D

For me, I think this year is one tough one to figure out - Aerojet & LS, Paradym 3D and standard & Stealth 2+ and even the G430 LST are all in consideration.

All of them are so damn good, sound great (not obnoxious like 425s) and I think it's a question of deals and adjustability

Right with you but I think the AJ LS and the Paradym TD are the 2 standouts.  I’ll hit and prob buy all 4 though like last year and multiple heads, again like last year but the TD is so far leading the pack. 

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 hour ago, bcflyguy1 said:

I like hearing that as the high toe is my miss.  

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

1 hour ago, bcflyguy1 said:

...that is great news 👍

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

Very interested in trying out the triple D.  

I think the back and front weight ratio will prove to be big in terms of forgiveness and trajectory.  I remember my Mav Sub Zero fairway was a completely different club based on how I set the front and back weight.  Since I play my drivers less than 45.75, there is even more weight to mess around with.

Will be curious to follow how people set up the weights.

14 hours ago, TJ83 said:

I hit both and the standard with the sliding weight actually spun more consistently for me compared to the triple diamond. The triple diamond felt harder at impact. The standard had about 2 mph better ball speeds for me as well. 

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

2 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Yesterday I had the 2g weight forward and the 14g weight back and saw nothing in the flight to suggest excessive spin.

The Paradym head really is what I've been wanting to see from the company for several cycles now; a Max type of head that you can get nearly or just as neutral as the TD types. The rounds I played with the Paradym with the weight full toe produced no left misses that weren't obviously caused by my craptitude. Also interesting to note that the Paradym heads launch lower than their loft stamping would indicate. I had to go all the way up to a 12* head to hit the windows (12ish launch with 2500ish spin) I want to see while the 10.5 PTD head had no problem hitting those same windows.

The video I'll link below is a fascinating watch. Nick is a "Jedi Master" fitter at the ECPC, and he's dropping all kinds of truth bombs during this fitting.

Trigger warning: the shaft discussion may hurt some "forum golfer" feelings. Doesn't make it any less true.

Great video, thanks

hey bcflyguy, is your PTD 8* or 9*? Sorry if I missed this mention.

5 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Great video, thanks

hey bcflyguy, is your PTD 8* or 9*? Sorry if I missed this mention.

10.5, set N/S.

• Like 1

WITB Link

5 minutes ago, hokiealumn said:

I was very fortunate to be used a tester of sorts with my local fitter for all of the new 2023 Equipment. I hit A LOT of balls and heres my quick summary of all of them:

• Callaway - Paradym is going to be a problem for other manufactures this year. Its a big improvement over Rogue and Rogue netted me a 11 yd carry improvement over my SIM2.
  • Ping - Its loud AF still for a 118SS. I hit 5 balls with it and moved on, couldn't get over the sound
  • Cobra - Aerojet LS 9* head turned to its lowest setting sat super open and looks like it had 12* of loft at address. LTDX do not do this. I couldn't keep anything remotely playable with it in the grid.
  • Taylormade - Stealth2+ - Decent numbers but I honestly preferred the look and sound of OG Stealth to Stealth2.
  • Titleist - TSR 3/4 is where I spent most of my time as well as the Paradym. Ball speeds were fairly equal and spin was lower with the TSR4. Sound was great and TSR3 is way more forgivable than my current gamer (Rogue TDLS 9*).
  • **Fitting Summary - Ultimately it came down to the Paradym and TSR3. Paradym was 8*, STD loft setting & Neutral. TSR3 9* was C1 and back weight at T1. First hit both with Ventus TR Black 6x and they were neck and neck but forgiveness nod was given to TR3 as miss hits were not as punishing.

My fitter then put the Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5 TX in each and things were night and day. Ball speed up, launch down, carry increased and spin maintained 2200ish in the TSR. Paradym remained mostly unchanged from the Ventus. Longest of the day was 118SS, 1.5 efficiency, 177 BS, 318yd carry with 343yd overall.

TSR3 9* with Hzrdus Smoke Green was the winner for me. Happy to have the TSR on order. If you are chasing max distance, Paradym may fit you well and Callaway will do very, very well with it this year.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/2dac78d6deea6d31295f4062226030b6adbd81e63f7e6fce4f78db0ce13334fe/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/2dac78d6deea6d31295f4062226030b6adbd81e63f7e6fce4f78db0ce13334fe/1280/https://wrxcdn.golfwrx.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/IMG_0321.jpeg.69d0b63b48dbada0596e83f958dfc117.jpeg

Did you hit the standard paradym at all? Or just the triple diamond? Good write up and review! 

15 minutes ago, hokiealumn said:

I was very fortunate to be used a tester of sorts with my local fitter for all of the new 2023 Equipment. I hit A LOT of balls and heres my quick summary of all of them:

• Callaway - Paradym is going to be a problem for other manufactures this year. Its a big improvement over Rogue and Rogue netted me a 11 yd carry improvement over my SIM2.
  • Ping - Its loud AF still for a 118SS. I hit 5 balls with it and moved on, couldn't get over the sound
  • Cobra - Aerojet LS 9* head turned to its lowest setting sat super open and looks like it had 12* of loft at address. LTDX do not do this. I couldn't keep anything remotely playable with it in the grid.
  • Taylormade - Stealth2+ - Decent numbers but I honestly preferred the look and sound of OG Stealth to Stealth2.
  • Titleist - TSR 3/4 is where I spent most of my time as well as the Paradym. Ball speeds were fairly equal and spin was lower with the TSR4. Sound was great and TSR3 is way more forgivable than my current gamer (Rogue TDLS 9*).
  • **Fitting Summary - Ultimately it came down to the Paradym and TSR3. Paradym was 8*, STD loft setting & Neutral. TSR3 9* was C1 and back weight at T1. First hit both with Ventus TR Black 6x and they were neck and neck but forgiveness nod was given to TR3 as miss hits were not as punishing.

My fitter then put the Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5 TX in each and things were night and day. Ball speed up, launch down, carry increased and spin maintained 2200ish in the TSR. Paradym remained mostly unchanged from the Ventus. Longest of the day was 118SS, 1.5 efficiency, 177 BS, 318yd carry with 343yd overall.

TSR3 9* with Hzrdus Smoke Green was the winner for me. Happy to have the TSR on order. If you are chasing max distance, Paradym may fit you well and Callaway will do very, very well with it this year.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/8def03317ec46c7c9a294688d5fbca3ce30cb05967bb21432eb7dc515d5c5b9f/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/8def03317ec46c7c9a294688d5fbca3ce30cb05967bb21432eb7dc515d5c5b9f/1280/https://wrxcdn.golfwrx.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/IMG_0321.jpeg.69d0b63b48dbada0596e83f958dfc117.jpeg

Drop this in the 2023 driver comparison thread on the equipment forum...

Edited by getitdaily
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mp14forlife said:

Did you hit the standard paradym at all? Or just the triple diamond? Good write up and review! 

Coming from the Rogue TDLS as my current gamer, my fitter did not think it was prudent of our time.

Titleist TSR3 9*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 70 TX

TaylorMade Mini BRNR 11.5*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 90 TX
Titleist TSR3 13.5*, Ventus Blue TR 80 X

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 2HY, Ventus Blue 90HY X
Srixon ZX Utility 20*, Ventus Black 100TX

Srixon ZX7 5-PW, LAGP L-Series 05
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3 50, 55 & 60 LAGP L-Series 05

LAB Link.1, LAGP P-Series 135
Titleist -ProV1X

31 minutes ago, hokiealumn said:

IMG_0321.jpeg

I'm interested to know what you thought of the looks of the paradym. I was one of those that was disappointed when pics first came out, but after being lucky enough to see one in person, I'll be the first to admit I was dead wrong: this thing is absolutely gorgeous in person. It almost looks like a "luxury" collector's item, idk.

I agree with you with everything else - I didn't get to hit any of the new drivers, but watching others hit, the paradym sounds as perfect as a driver should. Stealth still has that characteristic carbon note, ping sound is different, but still loud. I agree I prefer the matte of the OG Stealth over the glossy. And yes, performance-wise paradym is the real deal this year, nothing comes close. No wonder they're having such a huge marketing push for this thing, I foresee a lot of people considering a switch to callaway

44 minutes ago, hokiealumn said:

IMG_0321.jpeg

Excellent stuff. The HULK making the TSR3 come alive and leaving the Paradym essentially unchanged is an interesting tidbit, and I guess goes to show why fitting is so important. Different shaft/head combinations don't always mesh up the same. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Glassmen61 said:

I'm interested to know what you thought of the looks of the paradym. I was one of those that was disappointed when pics first came out, but after being lucky enough to see one in person, I'll be the first to admit I was dead wrong: this thing is absolutely gorgeous in person. It almost looks like a "luxury" collector's item, idk.

I agree with you with everything else - I didn't get to hit any of the new drivers, but watching others hit, the paradym sounds as perfect as a driver should. Stealth still has that characteristic carbon note, ping sound is different, but still loud. I agree I prefer the matte of the OG Stealth over the glossy. And yes, performance-wise paradym is the real deal this year, nothing comes close. No wonder they're having such a huge marketing push for this thing, I foresee a lot of people considering a switch to callaway

It looks better in person than it does in photos. Getting rid of the shark fin/chevron on the crown is a HUGE step forward. If I had been buying on feel, looks and sound alone I'd have a Paradym TD on order but the numbers didn't stack up in its favor for me. Plus TSR3 is shipping in two weeks or less and its a cheaper upgrade for me vs. Paradym TD. YMMV.

Titleist TSR3 9*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 70 TX

TaylorMade Mini BRNR 11.5*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 90 TX
Titleist TSR3 13.5*, Ventus Blue TR 80 X

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 2HY, Ventus Blue 90HY X
Srixon ZX Utility 20*, Ventus Black 100TX

Srixon ZX7 5-PW, LAGP L-Series 05
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3 50, 55 & 60 LAGP L-Series 05

LAB Link.1, LAGP P-Series 135
Titleist -ProV1X

• easyyy unfeatured this topic