2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

Just now, Avidswampthing66 said:

Stock at $850 is an upcharge shaft

Yes it is....as was incorrectly mentioned above.

• Like 1

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

5 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

That's not reflected on Callaways website. The TR Blue 6 is a $250 upcharge on all of the Paradym models. See post above.

Here we are again with Cally and TM coming together with @Fujikura Golf to bring more confusion to their potential customers.  So lame. Two non velocore Ventus Shafts and now two more non velocore TR shafts.  

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

Just now, Avidswampthing66 said:

Here we are again with Cally and TM coming together with @Fujikura Golf to bring you more confusion.  So lame.

Exactly. There is no way any manufacturer is going to give you a real Velocore Ventus for $0 upcharge. Maybe Johnny Wunder misunderstood the question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rlb4 said:

Exactly. There is no way any manufacturer is going to give you a real Velocore Ventus for $0 upcharge. Maybe Johnny Wunder misunderstood the question.

Its totally bananas, even us wrx's get confused some.  Imagine you weren't a shaft nerd or in the know.  "This is one of the hottest shafts right now, the Ventus" 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

24 minutes ago, rlb4 said:

thanks for the clarification. Think they should do like a non-velocore version with like completely different graphics or something. Hate how the Ventus blue stock shaft for example literally looks identical to a Ventus blue with velocore. Obviously buying the shaft for the premium quality, and performance. But, was never a very big fan of how shaft companies do that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HitBombs said:

thanks for the clarification. Think they should do like a non-velocore version with like completely different graphics or something. Hate how the Ventus blue stock shaft for example literally looks identical to a Ventus blue with velocore. Obviously buying the shaft for the premium quality, and performance. But, was never a very big fan of how shaft companies do that. 

It's not just Callaway. Several manufacturers are kind of deceptive in their lack of distinction between the real and made for versions. It's kind of shady and takes advantage of non gear heads.

• Like 1

seriously why would they mislead us. That might fly with the regular guys but not with the true wrxers

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

30 minutes ago, HitBombs said:

That is because the Ventus Blue stock shaft IS the one with velocore AND you pay an upcharge....see my pic above.

DRIVERS:  BLACK OPS TOUR 9* and 10.5*,  Diamana WB 53X / Ventus Blue+ 5X / Vanquish 4TX

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17* and 22*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0317ST, Xtreme Dark, 6 - GW, KBS CTaper LE Black 125 S+

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Seems like a much larger gap between Velocore/ non-velocore vs.  the HZRDUS hand crafted/ standard HZRDUS. 

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

Hit the triple diamond a bit today inside. Man, this thing looks and sits great. The hit feels a bit heavy and muted. If I was basing a buy on looks alone, I think this might be the one. The standard Paradym is very friendly and confidence inspiring. It feels like a brick on a stick in a good way, very stable. I also hit the Stealth 2's and think I prefer the sound/feel off of those heads a bit more, but it was indoors. Great first impressions on all the heads. No clear winners on just a few hits for me.

• Like 1

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Hit the fairways today with a tr blue 7x. Triple diamond sits nicely but did what I knew it would...a lot like my rogue st ls. Paradym x sits hugely closed even when lofted down. Paradym will get tested more. Super easy to hit. Will hit it more tomorrow and will have my rogue to test against it. 

Leaning aerojet at this point. The paradym fwys look really, really good. Like a blue/gray m series from TM. 

• Like 1

Another win with Paradym has got to feel good for Callaway and this new release.  Pretty sure Si Woo is in PTD, with a Ventus Black?  

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

For anyone who has pre ordered, can the triple D be ordered with different weights? Stock says 14,2. 

can it be ordered 14 and 6? Want to play the driver at 45.25 or 45. Want d4

Edited by geauxWRX

Titleist Tsr2 9* / TPT Power 17Lo
Titleist Tsr3 15* / Ventus OG blue 7s

Callaway UW 21* / Fujikura motore VC 8s 
Mizuno Pro 245 4-PW / C taper r 110
Titleist SM9 raw 50.54.58 LZ 5.5
Titleist ProV1
LAB DF 3

1 minute ago, geauxWRX said:

For anyone who has pre ordered, can the triple D be ordered with different weights? Stock says 14,2. 

can it be ordered 14 and 6? Want to play the driver at 45.25 or 45. Want d4

Not specifically. Only if you specify a SW to hit and/or go shorter and need more weight. But Callaway will also add up to 2-4g of tip weight (.335 lead weights) first before giving you more head weight.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

50 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Another win with Paradym has got to feel good for Callaway and this new release.  Pretty sure Si Woo is in PTD, with a Ventus Black?  

Correct

• Like 1

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

11 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Here we are again with Cally and TM coming together with @Fujikura Golf to bring more confusion to their potential customers.  So lame. Two non velocore Ventus Shafts and now two more non velocore TR shafts.  

10 hours ago, BirdieBob said:

That is because the Ventus Blue stock shaft IS the one with velocore AND you pay an upcharge....see my pic above.

I’m confused now. The $250 up charge option, for the Ventus Blue 6TR, is the velocore shaft. Correct? I thought the $100 off there was a decent deal so was going to pre order it but not if it’s non-velocore. 

7 minutes ago, Maceez13 said:

I’m confused now. The $250 up charge option, for the Ventus Blue 6TR, is the velocore shaft. Correct? I thought the $100 off there was a decent deal so was going to pre order it but not if it’s non-velocore. 

You are correct!  It is the Velocore shaft.  I was just saying in general that it's confusing marketing.   

• Like 1

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

I don't think this was posted but in any case, very interesting comment on the Paradym X from the Robot test - tightest dispersion of all the 3 heads. PTD is just pure low spin which we all knew.

Lots of talk about the toe shot/gear effect that a few of us here are very, very interested in where it seems the 2 other models does better than the vaunted PTD head.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

On 1/12/2023 at 1:35 PM, hokiealumn said:

I was very fortunate to be used a tester of sorts with my local fitter for all of the new 2023 Equipment. I hit A LOT of balls and heres my quick summary of all of them:

• Callaway - Paradym is going to be a problem for other manufactures this year. Its a big improvement over Rogue and Rogue netted me a 11 yd carry improvement over my SIM2.
  • Ping - Its loud AF still for a 118SS. I hit 5 balls with it and moved on, couldn't get over the sound
  • Cobra - Aerojet LS 9* head turned to its lowest setting sat super open and looks like it had 12* of loft at address. LTDX do not do this. I couldn't keep anything remotely playable with it in the grid.
  • Taylormade - Stealth2+ - Decent numbers but I honestly preferred the look and sound of OG Stealth to Stealth2.
  • Titleist - TSR 3/4 is where I spent most of my time as well as the Paradym. Ball speeds were fairly equal and spin was lower with the TSR4. Sound was great and TSR3 is way more forgivable than my current gamer (Rogue TDLS 9*).
  • **Fitting Summary - Ultimately it came down to the Paradym and TSR3. Paradym was 8*, STD loft setting & Neutral. TSR3 9* was C1 and back weight at T1. First hit both with Ventus TR Black 6x and they were neck and neck but forgiveness nod was given to TSR3 as miss hits were not as punishing.

My fitter then put the Hzrdus Smoke Green 6.5 TX in each and things were night and day. Ball speed up, launch down, carry increased and spin maintained 2200ish in the TSR. Paradym remained mostly unchanged from the Ventus. Longest of the day was 118SS, 1.5 efficiency, 177 BS, 318yd carry with 343yd overall.

TSR3 9* with Hzrdus Smoke Green was the winner for me. Happy to have the TSR on order. If you are chasing max distance, Paradym may fit you well and Callaway will do very, very well with it this year.

IMG_0321.jpeg

I was skeptical to believe this as I have played Titleist in the past.  They always make great looking and sounding drivers, but the TSI 3 lacked the distance compared to other drivers for me.  I was able to play the TSR 3 yesterday and all I can say is WOW.  They have finally done it.  I can't think of a better sounding driver.  It was keeping up with my LTDX in distance, and they changed the face so that you can see the ball marks now.  Fantastic driver.  

• Like 3

Driver: Cobra LTDX 9 degree; HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black

Fairway Wood: Taylormade M6 15 degree

Titleist u510 2 iron

Srixon ZX5 4-PW; ACCRA iSteel 115

Wedges Vokey SM9 58/54/48

Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 2 

17 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Actually, I dont think its that bad. Not as confusing as it was 10-15 years ago. Now you just look for velocore. If you dont know any better thats kind of on you. Id also argue if you dont know any better, the velocore probably isnt going to benefit you. When I shopped for. My truck, there is the XL, XLT, Lariot, Platinum and so forth. Most look exactly the same, but werent. It was on me or a salesman to decipher the differences and if it was right for me.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Before you were on staff with Callaway, what other drivers were you a fan of for feel and sound? Just trying to judge the bias.

Sound was a very important part of choosing a driver back when I would buy them for myself. Drivers I liked the sound of that I played in the past were: TSI3, M5, Epic Subzero (original), King Cobra LTD, R11s, R9 Superquad (can't recall what order I played drivers prior to those). I had a Epic Max LS prior to the Paradym, and I remember the first time I hit the Max LS the sound shocked me because it was so much louder than all the clubs I'd played previously. I eventually got used to the sound somewhere during my first round using it. The Paradym TD is a huge improvement over the Max LS in sound. The six people (who play a wide spectrum of different drivers) I've played with during my three rounds using the Paradym TD so far have all commented on how good the sound is when I hit the Paradym.

What's in the bag:

2037880946_callawaylogo100x.jpg.a3c48e823911f6f5d5b8b92cd5d721ee.jpg

Paradym Triple Diamond 9* (shaft: Ascent)

Paradym Tripe Diamond 3+ & 5 FW (shafts: Kai'li Red)

Paradym 4 hybrid (shaft: Ventus blue HB with VeloCore)

Paradym 5-PW, AW, GW (shaft: Fujikura Vista Pro)

Jaws Full Toe 56 & 60 (shaft: Project X Catalyst)

Odyssey Eleven Tour Lined CS

6 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

I don't think this was posted but in any case, very interesting comment on the Paradym X from the Robot test - tightest dispersion of all the 3 heads. PTD is just pure low spin which we all knew.

Lots of talk about the toe shot/gear effect that a few of us here are very, very interested in where it seems the 2 other models does better than the vaunted PTD head.

Like the rogue max last year the X model is probably going to be a big sleeper this year. As soon as I can get my hands on a TC head I’m going to put one against my rogue max.

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

1 minute ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Like the rogue max last year the X model is probably going to be a big sleeper this year. As soon as I can get my hands on a TC head I’m going to put one against my rogue max.

Interested in this as well…I’ve hit all three and honestly hit Triple Diamond and the X model the best…for me at least the normal Paradigm wasn’t as good…I play Rogue LS triple Diamond for frame of reference 

Under construction....

On 1/13/2023 at 5:55 PM, trentyoung33 said:

I hit the Paradym TD against the TSR3 yesterday and as much as I wanted the Paradym to win, TSR3 was 3-4 mph faster.

Paradym TD is extremely consistent with spin and carry, but ball speed didn’t once get to what I was averaging with the TSR3.

Did you have the same shafts in both clubheads, or were they different shafts in the two different clubheads?

What's in the bag:

14 minutes ago, Callaway Staffer said:

Did you have the same shafts in both clubheads, or were they different shafts in the two different clubheads?

Different shafts. Using different shafts in TSR ball speed stayed pretty consistent, though.

While the shafts were different, they were all “low/low” 7X shafts.

TSI3 - AD XC 7X

Titleist TSI3 16.5* - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Apex UW 19* - ADDI 9X

Titleist T100S - Project X LS 6.5

Vokey 50/54/58

Scotty Cameron Teryllium T22 Newport 2

On 1/13/2023 at 8:03 PM, UnderPar18 said:

My concern with PTD is the spin. In the reviews I’ve seen it seems like guys are lifting up and just barely getting enough spin. 

I was going to possibly get a PTD in 10.5 but feel like I would need a Ventus TR Red 6x instead of the blue to aid with launch and spin. 

I had a Epic Max LS at 9*, and my new Paradym TD is also 9*. Using the same shaft in both I definitely saw a drop in launch and spin using the Paradym TD head. I got my spin rate back up by increasing the loft using the Optifit hosel adjustment (and the head still looked square at address). I highly recommend someone contemplating the Paradym TD try a higher loft than what they are used to, or try a higher launch and spin shaft than what they are used to. It's no wonder both Rahm and Shauffule are using 10.5* model heads.

What's in the bag:

• easyyy unfeatured this topic