2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Callaway Paradym driver - 2022 QBE Shootout

22 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Stock set up for TD goes 14G front, 2G rear off the shelf or to your door.  Folks have been liking switching the weights to gain more spin and a little higher launch.  I def noticed a difference.  Billy Bobs offers weights if you want to dial it in further.

Do you know if they offer a full weight kit option like Titleist?

Edited by TheMoneyShot

6 minutes ago, TheMoneyShot said:

Do you know if they offer a full weight kit option like Titleist

Not via CallawayI  Besides a tour van buddy or a rep, you can go the Billy Bobs route.   The same weights are in Rogue St and Maverick heads as well.

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 2

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

On 1/19/2023 at 9:03 AM, callawayjay said:

Im talking about throttling the above tour average swing speed and focus on something repetitive and less intense. 

my greatest golf lesson I ever witnessed was a good 18 years ago when I had more speed, my buddies and I always played $100 nassaus and this particular day the head pros daughter was joining us.  She was a sophomore at Wichita St.  Upon learning of our game she said “I’ll play, and I’ll play back with you(from the tips)”

I live in texas, it was really windy and as my and my 2 buddies try to muscle 3 woods OB on 495 par 4 approaches, she methodically dinks it to 80 yards, then to 2 feet, then a putt for par. 

all 3 of us payed her $300 each. I specifically remember because I had to write a check. 

my short game got way better going forward. 

distance is king but putting and chipping is what makes the pros their living. 

I get the moral of the story here, but lets face it pros need a total package in order to compete on tour. Having a really good short game and not gaining strokes in the remaining categories will result in a subpar year on tour or losing your tour card

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

6 hours ago, Wardonation said:

Kai'li in "TX" is the premium offering in the whole line. Tighter tolerances lower torque.

Mitsubishi stated the different flexes are all the same materials. Obviously the TX has lower torque so more prepreg in the tip I’m guessing. I have the white in tx now and that thing is low spin but feels awesome. Got the x TD so hoping it will add a hair spin to the reportedly low spin of the head. Pretty psyched. 

Edited by Ex Blade User

On 1/14/2023 at 6:57 PM, SwingBlues said:

What loft & where was the heavier weight, front or back? Yeah, Paradym 3D is definitely low spin, should loft up by the sounds of things from other golfers who tested the head

Weight was 14 front and 2 back. Duh!  Can’t believe I didn’t check that once I saw the flight.  Looking forward to trying it again adjusted. 

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - HZRDUS Black

Stealth+ 2.0 at 16 degrees

G430 7 wood, flat minus 1.5

Ping I210's (again)

Glide 4.0 48, 53, 58

Ping Anser PLD

Pro V1X 

Bag - Hoofer Lite

22 hours ago, Cyride said:

Wonder why a lot of the tour heads appear to be a different shade of blue and black.  Maybe I am just seeing things.

It depends on how much shading, overcast, and/or (sun)light is present when the picture or video was taken, and if a flash was used (or what aperture setting was used in the camera) during taking of the picture. In shade, overcast, or indoors without direct bright light the drivers will look pure black. If under direct sunlight, or bright light you will see more blue. The camo like pattern on the bottom actually shifts too if you move the driver while standing in place. If you haven't seen the driver head in person you should. As many have already said pictures don't do it justice, and its best looking in person.

19 hours ago, UnderPar18 said:

Curious but when the TD gets delivered to the customer or the customer takes it off the shelf, is the heavier weight in the front or the back and what are the two stock weights. I ask because most videos i have seen the spin is on the lower side and i was wondering if that's with the weight in the front and not giving a fair representation of how most consumers would want the weight in the back. 

If the weight is in the back has any explored with a heavier back weight and if so did you gain enough height or spin back?

Some people swear they see a difference. Out on the course I haven't seen enough of a change to call it significant for me. If you read on Callaway and a few other websites it says swapping the 14 gram and 2 gram weights accounts for a 250 rpm spin difference. To me that isn't as significant as turning up or down the loft a degree (which accounts for 400-500 rpm). 

I've experimented with different combinations of the 14 gram, 2 gram, and an 8 gram weight I have. For me I've determined I like the 14 gram weight forward, and 2 gram weight back (as it comes from Callaway) best.

If you have access to a decent launch monitor that gives accurate spin rate readings then getting fit using that is the best way to find what settings you should use. Start by getting the loft right to get you in the general area of what spin rate you need, and fine tune it with the weight positions at the end (if needed).

Most people can't consistently control their spin within 250 rpm shot after shot...

Theoretically you could put the heavy weight in the back if you're playing a course with wet fairways, and forward when playing on windy days to tweak things in your favor under those conditions.

Edited by Callaway Staffer

What's in the bag:

2037880946_callawaylogo100x.jpg.a3c48e823911f6f5d5b8b92cd5d721ee.jpg

Paradym Triple Diamond 9* (shaft: Ascent)

Paradym Tripe Diamond 3+ & 5 FW (shafts: Kai'li Red)

Paradym 4 hybrid (shaft: Ventus blue HB with VeloCore)

Paradym 5-PW, AW, GW (shaft: Fujikura Vista Pro)

Jaws Full Toe 56 & 60 (shaft: Project X Catalyst)

Odyssey Eleven Tour Lined CS

16 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

Not via CallawayI  Besides a tour van buddy or a rep, you can go the Billy Bobs route.   The same weights are in Rogue St and Maverick heads as well.

Will they use different weights if you order shorter than standard 45.75”? 

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

1 hour ago, getair23 said:

Will they use different weights if you order shorter than standard 45.75”? 

Depends where you buy from. If you buy directly from Callaway, through one of their reps or fitters, from a place that places the order directly through one of the reps, or through Callaway's ordering system you can tell you want swing weight maintained. If you order from some other website, or place who places their special orders through their corporate people (like Dicks Sporting Goods and Golf Galaxy) who then go and place it with Callaway (using a middleman who usually know nothing about golf, don't play, and probably deal mainly in footwear or ski department orders) for your order then all bets are off on what you might get...

Edited by Golf Scientist
  • Like 1
Spoiler

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 9* 

Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16* Tensei blue

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW Nippon Modus 3 105 irons

Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe 54* & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105 wedges

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 6STR putter

2 hours ago, Callaway Staffer said:

It depends on how much shading, overcast, and/or (sun)light is present when the picture or video was taken, and if a flash was used (or what aperture setting was used in the camera) during taking of the picture. In shade, overcast, or indoors without direct bright light the drivers will look pure black. If under direct sunlight, or bright light you will see more blue. The camo like pattern on the bottom actually shifts too if you move the driver while standing in place. If you haven't seen the driver head in person you should. As many have already said pictures don't do it justice, and its best looking in person.

Some people swear they see a difference. Out on the course I haven't seen enough of a change to call it significant for me. If you read on Callaway and a few other websites it says swapping the 14 gram and 2 gram weights accounts for a 250 rpm spin difference. To me that isn't as significant as turning up or down the loft a degree (which accounts for 400-500 rpm). 

I've experimented with different combinations of the 14 gram, 2 gram, and an 8 gram weight I have. For me I've determined I like the 14 gram weight forward, and 2 gram weight back (as it comes from Callaway) best.

If you have access to a decent launch monitor that gives accurate spin rate readings then getting fit using that is the best way to find what settings you should use. Start by getting the loft right to get you in the general area of what spin rate you need, and fine tune it with the weight positions at the end (if needed).

Most people can't consistently control their spin within 250 rpm shot after shot...

Theoretically you could put the heavy weight in the back if you're playing a course with wet fairways, and forward when playing on windy days to tweak things in your favor under those conditions.

Did you notice a change in sound and feel when swapping the weights?

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

6 hours ago, halfsumo said:

Did you notice a change in sound and feel when swapping the weights?

I didn't notice a change in sound, but I thought I noticed a difference in feel. I feel like with the 14 gram weight forward and the 2 gram weight in the back I felt the ball compressing and springing off the face more. It could have been my imagination. I plan to go back to that setting for my round tomorrow, and see if it gives me the same sensation again... 

What's in the bag:

2037880946_callawaylogo100x.jpg.a3c48e823911f6f5d5b8b92cd5d721ee.jpg

Paradym Triple Diamond 9* (shaft: Ascent)

Paradym Tripe Diamond 3+ & 5 FW (shafts: Kai'li Red)

Paradym 4 hybrid (shaft: Ventus blue HB with VeloCore)

Paradym 5-PW, AW, GW (shaft: Fujikura Vista Pro)

Jaws Full Toe 56 & 60 (shaft: Project X Catalyst)

Odyssey Eleven Tour Lined CS

Just got done at PGA superstore. Hit the standard paradym and triple diamond. The standard paradym I tried in a bunch of different combos, high loft, then tuning it down, low loft etc...it's a solid club and it is a touch longer and a little faster ball speed than my sim max. All in all a good club but I prob wouldn't upgrade from my sim max.

Now, the triple diamond is a fun club, tried it in the low lofts and it cruises 5 mph faster ball speed than my sim but it was too wild. I then tried it in the 10.5 and it was pretty dang good and consistent and about 12-15 yds longer than my sim max. Two weeks ago, I was averaging 162 ball speed with my sim max, it's winter and haven't hit much but normally I'm mid 160s. I hit a handful at 170 with the TD paradym. Averaged near 167 ball speed. So I'd say it's about 3-5 mph faster than og sim max and 10 -15 yds longer distance. Has me thinking! Lol  all were hit with a prov1x

IMG_20230121_165738958_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230121_165649120_HDR.jpg

Edited by Mp14forlife

15 minutes ago, Mp14forlife said:

Just got done at PGA superstore. Hit the standard paradym and triple diamond. The standard paradym I tried in a bunch of different combos, high loft, then tuning it down, low loft etc...it's a solid club and it is a touch longer and a little faster ball speed than my sim max. All in all a good club but I prob wouldn't upgrade from my sim max.

Now, the triple diamond is a fun club, tried it in the low lofts and it cruises 5 mph faster ball speed than my sim but it was too wild. I then tried it in the 10.5 and it was pretty dang good and consistent and about 12-15 yds longer than my sim max. Two weeks ago, I was averaging 162 ball speed with my sim max, it's winter and haven't hit much but normally I'm mid 160s. I hit a handful at 170 with the TD paradym. Averaged near 167 ball speed. So I'd say it's about 3-5 mph faster than og sim max and 10 -15 yds longer distance. Has me thinking! Lol  all were hit with a prov1x

/cdn-cgi/mirage/e7549045455b02c1e4dd55cd9c158750b835c990d012716c6b42e7ec2c92bbec/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/e7549045455b02c1e4dd55cd9c158750b835c990d012716c6b42e7ec2c92bbec/1280/https://wrxcdn.golfwrx.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/IMG_20230121_165738958_HDR.jpg.c100e36afaa57e60cfe06605346ffcb1.jpg

Just buy it😜

• Like 1

It seems that this driver line is lower launching than last years? Can anyone confirm?

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

50 minutes ago, SaVo_ said:

well, ladies and gentleman. Another win for the Paradym in the books

3 in 3 starts, and 3 of top 4 spots this week. Staff is on a heater.

Odyssey with 7 putters in the top 10.

Edited by bcflyguy1
  • Like 2

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Anyone who thinks they need a premium priced shaft should take a look at Rahm. Dude has dominated with the Tour Green.  I’ve played the same shaft for years because of my love for the Aldila NV Green.  NV Green always reminds of my favorite time for golf equipment (2004-2008.) Tour Green was a great fit for me but recently went Hulk Green. Also, Paradym might replace my OG Sim..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, solarsaurusrexx09 said:

Anyone who thinks they need a premium priced shaft should take a look at Rahm. Dude has dominated with the Tour Green.  I’ve played the same shaft for years because of my love for the Aldila NV Green.  NV Green always reminds of my favorite time for golf equipment (2004-2008.) Tour Green was a great fit for me but recently went Hulk Green. Also, Paradym might replace my OG Sim..

I get what you’re saying. The Tour Green was a $400 shaft when it first came out if I remember correctly, though. Great bargain today. 

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

11 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

3 in 3 starts, and 3 of top 4 spots this week. Staff is on a heater.

Odyssey with 7 putters in the top 10.

Do we really think these guys won because of their paradym drivers? Or did they win because they executed better than everyone else and just were better that week than the field? Snake oil salesman (the trotties and Johnny wonders of the world) will claim its all because of their new products. 

The hype beast marketing machine of golf is really starting to get old. Especially now that OEMs are using influencers more and more. 

• Like 3

Driver: TaylorMade QI 10 w/ Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue 6S

3 wood: TaylorMade Stealth+ w/ Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue 7S

5 wood: Taylormade Stealth+ w/ VA Nemesys 75s

4 Utility Iron: Srixon ZX MKII w/ UST Mamiya Dart 90 F4

5i-U: PING i230 w/ DG TI 120s 

SW: Titleist Vokey SM9 F Grind KBS 610 wedge 120s

LW: Titleist Vokey SM9 D Grind KBS 610 wedge 120s

Putter: L.A.B. DF3

Titleist ProV1x 

9 minutes ago, Bskib said:

Do we really think these guys won because of their paradym drivers? Or did they win because they executed better than everyone else and just were better that week than the field? Snake oil salesman (the trotties and Johnny wonders of the world) will claim its all because of their new products. 

The hype beast marketing machine of golf is really starting to get old. Especially now that OEMs are using influencers more and more. 

Definitely the driver. They've shifted the Paradym.

• Haha 3

Whatever works.

3 minutes ago, vman said:

Definitely the driver. They've shifted the Paradym.

Riiiiiiiiiiight lol

• Haha 1

Titleist ProV1x 

1 hour ago, Bskib said:

Merely a statement of fact, not an assertion of causation.

I wouldn’t want to play Rahm for money if he was using my kids’ junior set and Top Rocks. Don’t care what the OWGR says, Rahm is the best player in the world right now. Just so happens he’s got new woods in the bag.

Having said that, I got the fun opportunity to fit a mini-tour player who was playing the TSi3 driver. The results with PTD were significantly improved, to say the least, and I’ll leave it at that.

Edited by bcflyguy1
  • Like 2

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

2 minutes ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Merely a statement of fact, not an assertion of causation.

I wouldn’t want to play Rahm for money if he was using my kids’ junior set and Top Rocks. Don’t care what the OWGR says, Rahm is the best player in the world right now. Just so happens he’s got new woods in the bag.

Having said that, I got the fun opportunity to fit a mini-tour player who was playing the TSi3 driver. The results were significant, to say the least, and I’ll leave it at that.

I think its reasonable to say Rahm could be playing with two years ago equipment right now and still be beating everyone.  Talent is talent.  Sincerely doubt he is hot now because he has new woods in his hands.  Maybe I just need to delete my instagram and all the marketing trash will just fly over my head!

I am certainly not anti-callaway.  I just appreciate how the Srixons and the Pings of the world go about their business. 

At the end of the day, I may end up with a Callaway driver in my hands.  But it won't be because an influencer jumps on the gram 20 minutes after the tournament ended touting their guy.  

• Like 2

Titleist ProV1x 

1 hour ago, Bskib said:

It’s definitely the driver. That’s why I NEED one. 

influencers are what is wrong with society today. Get off my lawn

Edited by Ex Blade User
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Ex Blade User said:

It’s definitely the driver. That’s why I NEED one. 

influencers are what is wrong with society today. Get off my lawn

Just the word "influencer" makes me cringe.  I'm so hip and worldly, insert awesome OEM driver, back to pseudo spiritual urban lingo and looking cool playing golf in Peru.

Edited by Avidswampthing66
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

• easyyy unfeatured this topic