2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Callaway Paradym driver - 2022 QBE Shootout

2 minutes ago, endy said:

Excellent stuff. The HULK making the TSR3 come alive and leaving the Paradym essentially unchanged is an interesting tidbit, and I guess goes to show why fitting is so important. Different shaft/head combinations don't always mesh up the same. 

I was FLOORED. I went in with as open mind as I could but playing the Ventus line in Driver, 3W and Hybrid for the last 3 years I didn't really expect that to change. Sure maybe fit into a TR Black or Blue vs. my current Black 7x but never a manufacture change. Hitting the TSR3 with the Hulk next to the Paradym was an experience for sure. Also, Paradym with a Hulk shaft is not winning ANY beauty contests 😄

Titleist TSR3 9*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 70 TX

TaylorMade Mini BRNR 11.5*, Hzrdus Smoke Green Hulk PVD 90 TX
Titleist TSR3 13.5*, Ventus Blue TR 80 X

TaylorMade SIM2 Rescue 2HY, Ventus Blue 90HY X
Srixon ZX Utility 20*, Ventus Black 100TX

Srixon ZX7 5-PW, LAGP L-Series 05
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 3 50, 55 & 60 LAGP L-Series 05

LAB Link.1, LAGP P-Series 135
Titleist -ProV1X

18 hours ago, TJ83 said:

Anyone hit the Triple Diamond yet, does it sounds as good in person as it does in these review videos? Sounds super muted which I'm a sucker for lol 

YES. Better actually!

• Like 1

Titleist -ProV1X

Order placed to go in 1st thing tomorrow.

10.5* TD with Kai'li 60 s

15* TD with Kai'li 70 s

18* TD with Kai' li 80s

I went TD on the FW's to be able to adjust the loft up and I like the extra weight option for SW options, since I like to tinker with shafts and lengths.

now the wait begins

• Like 2

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX CB  5-11 Steelfiber i95 r

Chikara 54* Steelfiber 110 s

Chikara 58* Steelfiber 110 s

SLED # 1  35.5

Just now, endy said:

Unfortunately will have to clear 200 ball speed if he wants to sniff being a WRX member 

In his TSR3 video he pushed 207BS @ 142SS 😳

• Like 1

Titleist -ProV1X

1 hour ago, endy said:

That is decent lol. Gonna have to look that one up! I am guessing with his long drive background he has been in the 220 range. Could probably review his membership application at that point. 

Titleist TSR3 Tensei 1k white
Callaway GBB Denali black 

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58m PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

5 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

9* PTD is absolute tank piss-missler!  Very deep firm feeling strikes especially compared to Rogue Max LS.   I played Rogue Max LS all last year and Sim/Sim2 prior to that.  First off, the look blew me away in person.  It's just super pretty to look at.   Nothing jumps off or screamed cheap cheesy or gimmicky.   I popped ZF in and the shaft head combo came alive.  Out of probably 20 drives, I hit one terrible pulll hook and blew one right.  Both dead into the fan (25mph) and so I know my swings were just off there.  I have no data other than head to head on a windy day....PTD comes off hotter and flatter than Max LS.  It's a little less forgiving as to be expected but I will say...I hit 3 high toe shots and they stayed in the air and went relatively straight like a high, low-spin push draw that ends up on the left side of the fairway.  More to come as I get settled in.  Noted the ZF combo is pretty good bc the mid launch mid spin kept the ball flight in a nice window. IMG_7007.heicIMG_7008.HEICIMG_7009.HEICIMG_7011.HEICIMG_7012.HEIC

IMG_7012.HEICUnavailable

Put that heavy weight back...club is legit in that setting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

Triple diamond with heavy weight back is really good.

Need to try this tomorrow 

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

4 hours ago, getitdaily said:

Triple diamond with heavy weight back is really good.

Yeah, thats what I am thinking for the PTD as well. I had a Speedzone, similar to this PTD with the 2 weights. I toyed with it - the heavy weight in front was unstable and very punishing but the heavy in the back was too high a launch. Ended up ordering 3rd party weights to balance it out, that was a great head when I did that. I think I might have a lot of fun tuning this PTD head... now where did I put those Epic Flash Sub Zero weights in my garage?!?!?!

😁

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

2 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

9* PTD is an absolute tank piss-missler!  Very deep firm feeling strikes especially compared to Rogue Max LS.   I played Rogue Max LS all last year and Sim/Sim2 prior to that.  First off, the look blew me away in person.  It's just super pretty to look at.   Nothing jumps off or screamed cheap cheesy or gimmicky.   I popped ZF in and the shaft head combo came alive.  Out of roughly 20 drives, I hit one terrible pulll hook and blew one right.  Both dead into the fan (25mph) so I know my swings were just off there.  I have no data other than head to head on a windy day....PTD comes off hotter and flatter than Max LS.  It's a little less forgiving as to be expected but I will say...I hit 3 high toe shots and they stayed in the air like a high, low-spin push draws that ends up on the left side of the fairway.  More to come as I get settled in.  Noted the ZF combo is pretty good bc the mid launch mid spin kept the ball flight in a nice window.

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7008.jpg

IMG_7009.jpg

IMG_7011.jpg

IMG_7012.jpg

IMG_7010.jpg

Both heads look so good!!! PTD looks a wee tad smaller back to front.

Be interesting to see your numbers, 4 sure. Thanks for the great pics for us Rogue ST owners to compare 👍

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

7 hours ago, Jim53 said:

Order placed to go in 1st thing tomorrow.

10.5* TD with Kai'li 60 s

15* TD with Kai'li 70 s

18* TD with Kai' li 80s

I went TD on the FW's to be able to adjust the loft up and I like the extra weight option for SW options, since I like to tinker with shafts and lengths.

now the wait begins

I’m willing to bet you will get it right around or before they say they will be shipping.  That seems to be the norm for people who order early.  Really looking at the TD in the 10.5 head like you are getting.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

51 minutes ago, SwingBlues said:

Yeah, thats what I am thinking for the PTD as well. I had a Speedzone, similar to this PTD with the 2 weights. I toyed with it - the heavy weight in front was unstable and very punishing but the heavy in the back was too high a launch. Ended up ordering 3rd party weights to balance it out, that was a great head when I did that. I think I might have a lot of fun tuning this PTD head... now where did I put those Epic Flash Sub Zero weights in my garage?!?!?!

😁

I’ve still got mine from the Mavrik days testing the AutoFlex shafts.  Glad I kept them for the PTD! 

• Like 1

LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

6 hours ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

9* PTD is an absolute tank piss-missler!  Very deep firm feeling strikes especially compared to Rogue Max LS.   I played Rogue Max LS all last year and Sim/Sim2 prior to that.  First off, the look blew me away in person.  It's just super pretty to look at.   Nothing jumps off or screamed cheap cheesy or gimmicky.   I popped ZF in and the shaft head combo came alive.  Out of roughly 20 drives, I hit one terrible pulll hook and blew one right.  Both dead into the fan (25mph) so I know my swings were just off there.  I have no data other than head to head on a windy day....PTD comes off hotter and flatter than Max LS.  It's a little less forgiving as to be expected but I will say...I hit 3 high toe shots and they stayed in the air like a high, low-spin push draws that ends up on the left side of the fairway.  More to come as I get settled in.  Noted the ZF combo is pretty good bc the mid launch mid spin kept the ball flight in a nice window.

IMG_7007.jpg

IMG_7008.jpg

IMG_7009.jpg

IMG_7011.jpg

IMG_7012.jpg

IMG_7010.jpg

What is your normal swing speed?  You are the 2nd person to say the high toe shots were not punished and were going.  Love hearing that as the high toe is my miss.  

Edited by My2Dogs
Typo-autocorrect changed the word and I didn’t realize at first.
  • Like 1

PXG Hybrid stand bag

PXG Hybrid stand bag

11 hours ago, Glassmen61 said:

First head-to-head comparison of the paradym and stealth 2, from a guy we can all relate to:

402?  Good Lord.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

57 minutes ago, My2Dogs said:

What is your normal swing speed?  You are the 2nd person to say the high toe shots were not finished and were going.  Love hearing that as the high toe is my miss.  

105 SS

Really surprised me!  It felt very solid up high on the toe.  Deflection was minimal for the strike location compared to many drivers I've played.   If I was to hit it there with Epic Max Ls or Sim it would just dive left.  Rogue was better in that dept.  But this is yet again another small improvement.  Super curious about moving the heavier weight to the back.  I also have an 8g weight they sent..may try and fool with it for fun.

• Like 2

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

38 minutes ago, Avidswampthing66 said:

105 SS

Really surprised me!  It felt very solid up high on the toe.  Deflection was minimal for the strike location compared to many drivers I've played.   If I was to hit it there with Epic Max Ls or Sim it would just dive left.  Rogue was better in that dept.  But this is yet again another small improvement.  Super curious about moving the heavier weight to the back.  I also have an 8g weight they sent..may try and fool with it for fun.

What's the swing weight of the driver compared to the your gamer? Same?

Try the 8gm front & 14 rear...that looks delish if the swing weight isn't too high. Good stuff, keep reporting back, loving this 👍

Any idea if Callaway would put a heavier weight on the standard head if I order the club 1 inch short?  I would want the swing weight to remain standard but play my driver a bit shorter than the 45.75 inches listed.

I saw the triple diamond and standard heads today and I think they look great in person.  The shape of each to me is good and the blue looks really nice. I was able to hit a few balls indoors with the TD and a Kai'li white and was impressed with the sound and feel.  

Titleist TSR3 Tensei 1k white
Callaway GBB Denali black 

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58m PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

48 minutes ago, tigercolt77 said:

Any idea if Callaway would put a heavier weight on the standard head if I order the club 1 inch short?  I would want the swing weight to remain standard but play my driver a bit shorter than the 45.75 inches listed.

I saw the triple diamond and standard heads today and I think they look great in person.  The shape of each to me is good and the blue looks really nice. I was able to hit a few balls indoors with the TD and a Kai'li white and was impressed with the sound and feel.  

Prop could ask them when ordering to specifically put in the heavier weight on the standard.  

• Like 2

PXG Hybrid stand bag

6 hours ago, My2Dogs said:

Prop could ask them when ordering to specifically put in the heavier weight on the standard.  

7 hours ago, tigercolt77 said:

Absolutely they do.  It's one of those "call and make sure when you place your order type of things"   They sent me an extra 8g in case I wanted to play it shorter.

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

• easyyy unfeatured this topic