2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

Great looking course @imkirby34.

Fine score. Glad you had an enjoyable afternoon. 🏌️

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Good Monday morning, Loungers!  We have much needed rain and high wind today.  It is a perfect day for indoor projects.  

346612526_628206425880981_2750512581596253001_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° with UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 Wood 14.5° with Ventus Velocore Blue-6R

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG 0311 Gen 3 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 57°

SC Phantom X 11.5  putter

13 hours ago, touch said:

Today's best in show automobile award went to the Ferrari SF90 Spider though.

Such a gorgeous car.

3 F .jpg

2 F .jpg

1 F .jpg

If that's the daily driver I'd like to get a look at the rest of the stuff in the garage for special occasions.

Edited by sunbeltgolfer
  • Like 2

"If I give you an aspirin don't take the whole bottle."

"No pretty woman can miss a single shot without the man giving some poor advice."

The weather turned to cold and windy Friday night with a dusting of snow on the ground this AM.  Asheville would be shutdown, but out here it is just a nuisance.  The Sunday golf game with the boys was cancelled so my wife wanted to hit the simulator for some golf.  Saturday is when my wife and I play golf, so we trudged out to the sim so my wife can be ready for the season.  I honestly don't think I hit the ball as consistently well in the last 5 years than I did that day.  Because it is a sim, you get all the info, and the irons were straighter, longer, AND higher than I have ever seen them.  The driver was going an extra 20 yards as well.  The Mrs was 5 under her handicap and I was 11 under.  Of course, sim handicaps don't really count, but it is a marker nonetheless.

Sunday comes around, and if Harvey Penick didn't descend from the heavens and slap us down like bugs.  Both of the quotes are true.  The trigger for the backswing I have been working on, which is a slight push off the left foot became a full blown slide and I was hitting fat/thin you name it and I offered it.  My wife sensing my issues began to also play poorly, and as always, she asked if I was seeing anything.  Because I am a fool, I answered. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, mshills said:

@touch that is fantastic, 17 rounds to date this year! 👍🏼

This week it looks like play can finally get more regular here in western PA. The weather has been pretty poor, cold and wet, but I’m thinking we are on the back side of that now. In addition to weather, Feb and Mar are pretty intense for me at the office, plus championship time in my boys winter sports mean I have many excuses why I’ve not been playing!

I’d better get to it. The USGA event I entered is on May 7 and that will be here in a split second. Iron play is my weakness with the single wing, and that won’t get sorted in a month. I can knock the rust off of the short game to some extent, and I’m confident with driver in my hand. No pressure and no expectations, but I am definitely looking forward to teeing it up with a bunch of other adaptive players and seeing how I do. 

You do have to get your game in shape.  May isn't too far away in the grand scheme of things.  I think it will be great fun for you, and am looking forward to hearing about it.  Our pro is very involved in the Heroes Golf Program.  I am not familiar with it, but he will post stuff when he is in Frisco, TX, or wherever at the PGA meetings, and just finds it really rewarding.

I think you have answered this, and I hope this question isn't considered distasteful, but I know you had an accident and lost the use of one arm.  Will you be exclusively competing with others with a single arm, or could you be competing with someone with a prosthetic leg, or loss of sight, or some other physical limitation?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

You do have to get your game in shape.  May isn't too far away in the grand scheme of things.  I think it will be great fun for you, and am looking forward to hearing about it.  Our pro is very involved in the Heroes Golf Program.  I am not familiar with it, but he will post stuff when he is in Frisco, TX, or wherever at the PGA meetings, and just finds it really rewarding.

I think you have answered this, and I hope this question isn't considered distasteful, but I know you had an accident and lost the use of one arm.  Will you be exclusively competing with others with a single arm, or could you be competing with someone with a prosthetic leg, or loss of sight, or some other physical limitation?

It is no problem at all, thanks for asking!

I am actually not sure. This is the first year the USGA has held qualifying so it’s new territory. I think they took six or eight players in the “ARM” category last year. The highest GHIN of all the entrants was 4.0 😳 so there are some one arm guys out there who can flat out play! My expectations are realistic, no pressure to qualify, and I cannot wait for the experience and see how I measure up. 

I am fairly sure I will be playing with a mix of adaptive players. Off the top of my head there are arm, leg, multiple limb, short stature, neurological, cognitive, vision impaired, and seated player divisions. Some of the scores put up last year at Pinehurst are pretty dang remarkable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

33 minutes ago, Petethreeput said:

"If I give you an aspirin don't take the whole bottle."

"No pretty woman can miss a single shot without the man giving some poor advice."

The weather turned to cold and windy Friday night with a dusting of snow on the ground this AM.  Asheville would be shutdown, but out here it is just a nuisance.  The Sunday golf game with the boys was cancelled so my wife wanted to hit the simulator for some golf.  Saturday is when my wife and I play golf, so we trudged out to the sim so my wife can be ready for the season.  I honestly don't think I hit the ball as consistently well in the last 5 years than I did that day.  Because it is a sim, you get all the info, and the irons were straighter, longer, AND higher than I have ever seen them.  The driver was going an extra 20 yards as well.  The Mrs was 5 under her handicap and I was 11 under.  Of course, sim handicaps don't really count, but it is a marker nonetheless.

Sunday comes around, and if Harvey Penick didn't descend from the heavens and slap us down like bugs.  Both of the quotes are true.  The trigger for the backswing I have been working on, which is a slight push off the left foot became a full blown slide and I was hitting fat/thin you name it and I offered it.  My wife sensing my issues began to also play poorly, and as always, she asked if I was seeing anything.  Because I am a fool, I answered. 

... Haha what a great post. When I started teaching a wise old southern Pro told me "when yer given' out infurmayshun, do it by tha teaspoon, not tha shuval". It is so easy to have one thing over take another. The golf swing is a full body synergy and even though some have more of a body swing and others can be more handsy, they still need to work together. Working on individual pieces is sometimes necessary to break a bad habit or correct a flaw but in and of itself, it will eventually cause problems. I think it really is amazingly complicated because one of the few things we remember from high school is every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

... A swing key that gets you to concentrate on or slightly exaggerate a move will almost always go too far in the opposite direction. I remember when Andrew MaGee won two tournaments in a row and was talking to the guys in the booth and said Pro's are just like Am's and always looking for a key or a thought that has them swinging well and they ride it til it doesn't work anymore. Asked what was the longest a swing key worked for him he said once he had one that almost worked for two weeks, but Friday the 2nd week and missing the cut he had to abandon it. It is a little like someone getting in your head playing a match saying "Do you breathe in or out to start your backswing?" 

... Because my disc can make my muscles tight in my lower back I can use my core too much, meaning less torque between my hips and shoulders and I am unable to throw and my swing becomes more of a pull. So I start cocking the club quicker and able to throw but sooner than later I am cocking too quickly and throwing too much and not using my body and the back and forth cycle repeats itself. To the naked eye it doesn't look different but it feels pretty different to me. The problem is it is subtle even if it feels radical and why we over do things. Like everyone, I play my best golf when I am not thinking and everything is working together but feel like that is the middle of the pendulum. For me, on one side a little too much body and on the other side a little too armsy so being in the middle is when the magic happens. I think we all have our tendencies and flaws and we battle them our entire golfing lives. 

... Giving the Mrs instruction is a whole nuther subject. 🤪

• Like 3

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

... Not that it will but I imagine it is hard enough being Tigers son and "following" in his footsteps but it would be nice of the media left him alone. He is no Tiger, but then again who is? Just let the kid just be a kid, but 'Murica Media probably ain't gonna let that happen.

"Over the weekend, Charlie Woods made his American Junior Golf Association debut. Woods played in the Will Lowery Junior Championship and finished in a tie for 32nd place of 51 players, shooting +21. Woods shot 78-81-78 in the three rounds. The winner of the event, Patmon Malcom, finished the event at -7."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, miamistomp said:

Had a weird sorta hole in one today. Very nice private par 3 course-18 hole - longest 140 yards

90 yard hole . I hit a sand wedge that was so high it went thru the canopy of a large tree next to the green- rattled around like a pachinko ball and ended up in the hole

... You have company! 🥳 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Rachel Heck: Why I'm Remaining An Amateur | No Laying Up

I found this piece very well-done and impressive.  I guess all is not what you think as behind the scenes a different path can be considered (and taken).  

Great read, indeed. 

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

29 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

Rachel Heck: Why I'm Remaining An Amateur | No Laying Up

I found this piece very well-done and impressive.  I guess all is not what you think as behind the scenes a different path can be considered (and taken).  

Very well written and extremely touching.

Thanks Lance. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, aenemated said:

And since there'll be no more touring - going back to my old routine of a round at least once a week! And yep, charity tournament at Painted Desert is Saturday! The only kinda charity I donate to ... 

image.jpeg.0aad7271ae0ea456097749a9f6c6a0a7.jpeg

Never played there so we'll see how it goes! 

This is great for a couple of reasons. First the cause that is being supported is important. Dogs rule. Second you are playing a course that I played probably 50 times when I lived there. You know aen it had to be a fun course for me to drive all the way from Green Valley to Craig Road to play golf. 😄 I think you will enjoy Painted Desert. 

If I may ask a favor and get you to grab me photos of holes 2,3,17,and 18. I would love to relive some of my Vegas golf memories.  

Don't slice it off the first tee box or you might be paying for a windshield.  😂

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

That's pretty darn impressive to me.  You were playing 6100 yards on a semi-hilly course in less-than-ideal conditions. 

Kay Adams Applause GIF by FanDuel  

Thanks NCL.

Today we played the West to South out of the three 9's. The North has the most elevation change. To me today I played a flat golf course. The course was damp so it played extra kind. I had flat stances for most of the day and I welcomed that. But yes to reel off that many pars is fun, and it's pretty rare in my game. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, NCLancer said:

You were playing 6100 yards 

Yes that was a bit more than I like to bite off, but I was playing with the young laddie boys so we split the difference between the seniors and the blues so we all could play the same tee box. Many of my 5 wood approach shots were spot on. Without those I'm not making as many pars. 🙂 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, touch said:

This is great for a couple of reasons. First the cause that is being supported is important. Dogs rule. Second you are playing a course that I played probably 50 times when I lived there. You know aen it had to be a fun course for me to drive all the way from Green Valley to Craig Road to play golf. 😄 I think you will enjoy Painted Desert. 

If I may ask a favor and get you to grab me photos of holes 2,3,17,and 18. I would love to relive some of my Vegas golf memories.  

Don't slice it off the first tee box or you might be paying for a windshield.  😂

Hahah I totally will but you're gonna have to remind me on Saturday, buddy! Forecast is looking like upper 60s but cloudy ... which means it's gonna be windy. 

Like it was today at another range session. After my standard 56° warmup, it was mostly all working shots with my 7i. Then some drivers for fun and PW flighting cool down. Left to right wind started to really pick up as the sun was getting further down so I was tryna see how hard I could get it to go both ways. Man, that's fun. 

A big tee shot? Sure, that's cool bro. Go tell all your friends about it. Get back to me when you can do this ...

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 10° Ventus Black

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB 8-PW Axiom 105S

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.12°D Axiom 125X

Scotty Cameron Newport MMT Putter Concept

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)