Fujikura iron shafts.

QuigleyDU

1 hour ago, Trippels said:

With the X100 tour issue being the most popular iron shaft on the tours, where tight weight tolerances is the whole idea, and most pros being very head weight sensitive, wouldn't the parallell set up of the axioms be a hindrance for tour adoptions?

I think there are many tour players who really care about their iron shafts and have really become so accustomed to one over the years that it’s hard to change, maybe even harder to change that than an iron head. Many of the current steel offerings have been around for decades and been in some pro’s bags almost as long.

If you’ve been using say x100s forever, you would know exactly how it feels at every point in the swing for every kind of shot (true or mishit), and what this feel means for shot shape, location of club head/clubface, etc (ive used DG S300 and X100 my whole life and even I can even notice this, and I’m as far as possible from being a pro). While most of us only play casually, I imagine if you were playing for your own well-being, that level of predictability, from years or even decades of use, would make it tough to switch. Especially when your irons are really about consistently hitting a number at the right height window, and not maximizing distance. 

Obviously there are exceptions, but I’d guess it will take a hot second for more tour adoption and would say that has nothing to do with the quality of these shafts.

• Like 2

I don’t think adoption of graphite XS iron shafts is really there on the PGA tour.  I mean how many might play graphite only a few?  I see way more on LPGA which makes sense as our swing speeds are more in line with theirs. Everyone that I play with with faster swing speeds play X100. They don’t even consider graphite. 

15 minutes ago, gsrjc said:

I don’t think adoption of graphite XS iron shafts is really there on the PGA tour.  I mean how many might play graphite only a few?  I see way more on LPGA which makes sense as our swing speeds are more in line with theirs. Everyone that I play with with faster swing speeds play X100. They don’t even consider graphite. 

I think this kinda feeds into my point above, if you’ve been in X100s for 10-20+ years it’s going to be hard to switch. That said, really good players do make the move into XS graphite, and do so in sufficient numbers for every major manufacturer to make at least one XS graphite iron shaft. It just may take some time, and ultimately may be one of those things where tour adoption is really slow.

Edited by NNJ
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NNJ said:

I think this kinda feeds into my point above, if you’ve been in X100s for 10-20+ years it’s going to be hard to switch. That said, really good players do make the move into XS graphite, and do so in sufficient numbers for every major manufacturer to make at least one XS graphite iron shaft. It just may take some time, and ultimately may be one of those things where tour adoption is really slow.

Good point. One friend who swings driver at 116 switched to Axiom 125X and he loves them. He came from X100

15 hours ago, ericft said:

has there been some issue with the manufacturing process of some of the shafts? strange that no tour player has put one in play..specifically the 125x version

They are working with several tour players, but most changes are made in the off-season. 

• Thanks 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

On 6/4/2023 at 9:14 PM, phatcatkev said:

So if you wanted more height and spin, could you put a full set of the long shafts in?

no

2 hours ago, Trippels said:

With the X100 tour issue being the most popular iron shaft on the tours, where tight weight tolerances is the whole idea, and most pros being very head weight sensitive, wouldn't the parallell set up of the axioms be a hindrance for tour adoptions?

not sure we follow here...huh?

We have not offered AXIOM on tour yet. 

http://fujikuragolf.com http://fujikuragolf.com/dealer-locator

35 minutes ago, ericft said:

what would folks recommend or @Fujikura Golf for someone that likes the heavier weight for staying on plane but cannot handle the x flex? 4-GW tipping recommendations, a way to soft step the 125x one or two times vs trying to find some way to hard step the 105 x...what weights would they come out to?

Hi, there's not really a way to make 125x play significantly softer. We don't recommend attempting anything extreme for soft/hard stepping. We developed 6 SKUs for AXIOM to accommodate most golfers by offering popular weights & flexes, but obviously not all. Stay tuned in the future, maybe we'll release more options.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jvtphigolf said:

Would really love to try these but still fighting out where around me has these to try out! 

On that note, now we wait for Velocore putter shafts so we can have it in all the clubs in the bag 😂

You could put in a Axiom 125X short parallel if you really wanted to and end up with a fairly normal putter shaft weight. Assuming a plumber's neck hosel

17 minutes ago, jvtphigolf said:

Would really love to try these but still fighting out where around me has these to try out! 

On that note, now we wait for Velocore putter shafts so we can have it in all the clubs in the bag 😂

The MC putter line isn’t Velocore but they feel amaIMG_6968.jpeg.654848b5a72bc4795979fc81556a7f0c.jpegzing 

• Like 3

SIM 9.0 Ventus Blue 7X, SIM 15* Ventus Blue 8X
U500 2i, OT100, P7.MC 3-4, P7.MB 6-P, Modus 120 X
MG2 53, 58 Modus 120 X, Toulon Garage Austin

Just now, glenjames said:

Play lefty and putt righty?

Yeah. Played right handed for 10 years, but had 3 elbow surgeries after age 15. Switched to lefty but didn’t see the need to putt left handed 

• Like 1

SIM 9.0 Ventus Blue 7X, SIM 15* Ventus Blue 8X
U500 2i, OT100, P7.MC 3-4, P7.MB 6-P, Modus 120 X
MG2 53, 58 Modus 120 X, Toulon Garage Austin

9 hours ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Hi, there's not really a way to make 125x play significantly softer. We don't recommend attempting anything extreme for soft/hard stepping. We developed 6 SKUs for AXIOM to accommodate most golfers by offering popular weights & flexes, but obviously not all. Stay tuned in the future, maybe we'll release more options.

How about a 115g S+ option that could be tipped to play "stiff" and "xstiff"? 🙂

6 hours ago, NNJ said:

She just left the house unlocked and alarm off on her way to work this morning while I was still asleep…anyone could have just walked into the house and robbed me or worse!

Calling some fitters today…I’m gonna do it…

Nice dude on calling fitters not that your wife left the house unlocked with alarm off. 

Just ordered a mid 125X and long 125x to test out in my 4i and 7i. Just so happened that the tip of my 125x MMT broke on my 7i last weekend. 

Looking forward to testing them out. Figure I could easily sell them on here for someone else to test if I prefer to stick with the MMTs. Been happy with the MMTs, but this is WRX and you all make me tinker way more than I should…

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 8:59 AM, Fujikura Golf said:

maybe it's the price point

~$900 for a set of iron shafts has got to be a barrier to a lot of people. It certainly is for me.

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 LS MK II 9.5° - Attas 11 70S
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Piretti Cottonwood II, 375g - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

On 6/26/2023 at 7:38 PM, kerila07 said:

@Fujikura Golf any plans to have these offered as upcharge shafts from

any of the major manufactures in upcoming releases?

TBD stay tuned

On 6/26/2023 at 11:17 PM, m_w said:

How about a 115g S+ option that could be tipped to play "stiff" and "xstiff"? 🙂

appreciate that input/suggestion.... noted for sure!

15 hours ago, gsrjc said:

Built with gray pure pro grips and black and silver ferrules. D4 swing weight.   Grainy photo. Sorry. 

5C97E900-FAE3-483D-B5F5-DA9B351FAAC4.jpeg

sweeeet!

• Like 2

Just got back from the range. Besides the smokey skies here it was a great day to try new clubs and shaft. The wind was into me on the range which I prefer because it magnifies any error and you can truly see what the ball is doing. One thing to note, instead of installing the Axiom shafts in my current PXG Gen3 XP set, I was able to find a brand new set of PXG Gen3 P irons for a crazy low price and installed them in those. So here goes my Axiom review:

Short irons

After warming up I began hitting my PW. Started hitting a couple knock down shots and first thing I noticed was how stable the shaft felt but could feel it kick at the ball. Was able to keep the ball down and hit my targets. Besides the feel, I saw more distance than I expected since the lofts are 2* weaker on the P irons vs the XP irons.

Then went on to full shots. Right away saw a much higher initial launch and peak height. HOWEVER, I didn’t lose any distance, in fact even with a 2* weaker club I was hitting it as far or maybe a couple yards further than my XPs. The shafts are so stable with a great kick at the ball and so consistent. I was swinging it well today, and not sure if it’s Velocore, but I hardly missed the center of the face all evening. I saw the same results with the 9 iron and 8 iron. Just so consistent shot after shot, with buttery feel. 

Mid irons

Loved seeing the 7,6, and 5 irons coming out in a much higher window. Once again, even though the lofts are weaker than my XP’s and getting a higher launch and peak height, I didn’t lose any distance or control. Obviously I’m seeing higher launch, and higher peak height and decent angle but with no ballooning. I must be gaining ball speed since there is no loss of distance. Feel again is just so soft and pure. Just like the short irons, very consistent strike and carry yardages.

Playing in the morning, and really looking forward to hit them on the course into greens I’m familiar with. I’m extremely impressed. I’ve played SF, Recoil, and MMT in the past, but the Axioms are by far the best I’ve played.

• Like 3

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

On 6/28/2023 at 11:38 PM, hammergolf said:

Just got back from the range. Besides the smokey skies here it was a great day to try new clubs and shaft. The wind was into me on the range which I prefer because it magnifies any error and you can truly see what the ball is doing. One thing to note, instead of installing the Axiom shafts in my current PXG Gen3 XP set, I was able to find a brand new set of PXG Gen3 P irons for a crazy low price and installed them in those. So here goes my Axiom review:

Short irons

After warming up I began hitting my PW. Started hitting a couple knock down shots and first thing I noticed was how stable the shaft felt but could feel it kick at the ball. Was able to keep the ball down and hit my targets. Besides the feel, I saw more distance than I expected since the lofts are 2* weaker on the P irons vs the XP irons.

Then went on to full shots. Right away saw a much higher initial launch and peak height. HOWEVER, I didn’t lose any distance, in fact even with a 2* weaker club I was hitting it as far or maybe a couple yards further than my XPs. The shafts are so stable with a great kick at the ball and so consistent. I was swinging it well today, and not sure if it’s Velocore, but I hardly missed the center of the face all evening. I saw the same results with the 9 iron and 8 iron. Just so consistent shot after shot, with buttery feel. 

Mid irons

Loved seeing the 7,6, and 5 irons coming out in a much higher window. Once again, even though the lofts are weaker than my XP’s and getting a higher launch and peak height, I didn’t lose any distance or control. Obviously I’m seeing higher launch, and higher peak height and decent angle but with no ballooning. I must be gaining ball speed since there is no loss of distance. Feel again is just so soft and pure. Just like the short irons, very consistent strike and carry yardages.

Playing in the morning, and really looking forward to hit them on the course into greens I’m familiar with. I’m extremely impressed. I’ve played SF, Recoil, and MMT in the past, but the Axioms are by far the best I’ve played.

Which weight class?