Fujikura Member Trip and VeloCore Fitting Experience Live at Fujikura HQ! Follow Along Here!

19 hours ago, hammergolf said:

Good stuff! I’m second guessing myself a little with my hybrid. I like it, and it’s definitely better than what I had in it. I’m going to stick with it for now, but an Axiom 75 might be in the future because I just love the feel. I like my wedges as is, but it’s a thought. 

A more cost effective option for the wedges could be the Fuji Pro’s, GREAT shafts.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST / Ventus TR Blue 6x
Ping G430 Max 5W / Ping Tour 2.0 75

Srixon ZX7 4-PW / Fuji Pro TourSpec 115X

Cleveland 50/55/60 Zipcore Tour Rack / Recoil 115 F5

Scotty Phantom X 11.5

Just checking in to explain the lack of updates on my part: FedEx seems to have lost my shipment from Fujikura. I'm supposed to get a call back from FedEx by Monday ... but the box has been "delayed" with no movement and no updates for more than 8 days now, so I'm not too optimistic that they'll find it. The folks at Fujikura have been helpful in trying to get updates from FedEx as well. We'll see what happens.

• Sad 2

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

4 hours ago, eric61 said:

Just checking in to explain the lack of updates on my part: FedEx seems to have lost my shipment from Fujikura. I'm supposed to get a call back from FedEx by Monday ... but the box has been "delayed" with no movement and no updates for more than 8 days now, so I'm not too optimistic that they'll find it. The folks at Fujikura have been helpful in trying to get updates from FedEx as well. We'll see what happens.

Well that sucks!!! Hopefully they get it sorted and your shafts arrive asap. I’m so impressed by mine. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

Can anyone that has experience with both the Axiom and Steelfiber chime in with a comparison? I currently play a Steelfiber cw i95 regular (however, sometimes think I should have gone with the stiff, fitter said with my tempo I could go with either).  Trying to decide if the axiom 105s would be too much club?  Another datapoint, prior to Steelfiber I played the recoil 110 F4 soft stepped once. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, urjc22 said:

Can anyone that has experience with both the Axiom and Steelfiber chime in with a comparison? I currently play a Steelfiber cw i95 regular (however, sometimes think I should have gone with the stiff, fitter said with my tempo I could go with either).  Trying to decide if the axiom 105s would be too much club?  Another datapoint, prior to Steelfiber I played the recoil 110 F4 soft stepped once. 

Well I can chime in here. I played SF i95 R for many years, and I played Recoil 95 as well. I’m in Axoims now, and they are the best I’ve played. With Axiom they have the stability of SF but with a better feel that’s not as boardy. However, what I really like is that better feel comes with even tighter dispersion. For me, SF always played stiff to flex, but Axiom play true to flex. @Puppetmaster @eric61 or @CactusGolf can maybe add some insight since I believe all 3 of them were fitted into 105’s.

13 hours ago, urjc22 said:

1 hour ago, hammergolf said:

Well I can chime in here. I played SF i95 R for many years, and I played Recoil 95 as well. I’m in Axoims now, and they are the best I’ve played. With Axiom they have the stability of SF but with a better feel that’s not as boardy. However, what I really like is that better feel comes with even tighter dispersion. For me, SF always played stiff to flex, but Axiom play true to flex. @Puppetmaster @eric61 or @CactusGolf can maybe add some insight since I believe all 3 of them were fitted into 105’s.

I’ve played the Steelfiber i110S before and was fitted into the Axiom 105X. 

I’d say the Steelfibers are more linear whereas the Axioms have more of a mid-soft, load-then-kick feel — yet still very stable and for me, excellent dispersion. 

The other big difference is it’s easier to achieve heavier swing weights with the Axioms than with Steelfiber, if that’s something you’d want.

I don’t know if I’ve hit a graphite iron shaft that’s super close to the feel of Axioms. Just in terms of feel, the closest that comes to mind for me is the Recoil Dart 105. It launched lower than Axiom for me but the feel was in a somewhat similar ballpark. I think Axiom is a little more stout in the butt section though.

• Like 1

Driver: Ping G430 LST 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

Hybrids: Ping G430 3H, 5H @25* | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 5-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

Third round in with the Fujikura shafts. Nobody on the course this afternoon so I played a two ball scramble because I wanted to test the ‘23 Pro V1X vs my gamer Tour BX.

Driver

Im driving it further with less curve with the Ventus Blue TR 5 than I was in my previous setup. Easily getting 10-15 yds more carry. On a few holes at my home course it’s made a big difference. The 3rd hole is 440yds with water in front of the full width of the green to carry on your 2nd shot to a shallow, angled green tilted back to front. It’s just a tough hole, but what made it tougher for me is that there is an upslope in the fwy that my ball used to hit into leaving me with a long 2nd shot. However, now I can carry the upslope and hit the speed slot so today I had 40yds less in than normal. The 4th has a bunker at the corner of the dogleg that I had to play left of since I just barely couldn’t carry. Being forced to take that line added 20-30 yards to a hole that’s already 452. Now I can carry that bunker and it leaves me 30yds closer. The shaft is just giving me the high launch trajectory that I like and basically doesn’t curve. In my old shaft, I drove it well, but would pretty much aim at the right edge of the fwy and draw it back to the fwy. With the TR, I just aim right where I want the ball to finish and it doesn’t curve much.

Fwy woods

I tried my new g430 today, and frankly didn’t like it. It’s not the Ventus Blue TR’s fault, as in my g425 it’s awesome. I know how much better it is in that club. With g425 3wd head and Blue TR is easier to launch off the deck, has more ball speed, and carries around 10yds further. The g430 will be on bst shortly. The first Ping fwy I’ve hit that I just didn’t like.

Hybrid

I hit 3 really nice hybrid shots today. The Ventus Blue HB 6 is sooo much better than the previous shaft I had in my g425. Kinda like the driver and fwy wood, higher launch, more speed, less curve. 

Irons

These shafts are just sooo good. They have the best feel of any shaft I’ve ever hit. I’m in the 75 gram option and played MMT 70 before. I am playing new heads with these Axiom 75 shafts that are 2* weaker than my previous irons. Knowing that, I expected higher launch and peak height. What I didn’t expect is that I would hitting these new weaker irons as far I was hitting the previous stronger lofted clubs. Like the other clubs, I don’t seem to curve the ball as much with the Axiom shafts. Even my misses are not as far offline as my previous clubs. These are just giving me everything I wanted and needed. Great feel, more ball speed, higher peak height, steeper decent angle, with tighter dispersion. 

Velocore is a technology that is definitely going to help me play better golf. Thanks again @Fujikura Golf!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

Driver

Im driving it further with less curve with the Ventus Blue TR 5 than I was in my previous setup. Easily getting 10-15 yds more carry. On a few holes at my home course it’s made a big difference. The 3rd hole is 440yds with water in front of the full width of the green to carry on your

Apologies if you have already covered this, but how much of that distance improvement do you think comes from lower weight vs your previous shaft (if any) vs the profile of the Ventus suiting you better / special Ventus magic?

Fujifit puts me in Red / TR 6x and I have played Red 6X before. I'm thinking of tipping a TR Red 5S because I might be able to swing a lighter shaft quicker. I know the answer is "get fit" but it's next to impossible to test multiple upcharge / exotic shafts where I live.

@Fujikura Golf, any thoughts for someone with playing ball speed low to mid 160s (can touch 170) who prefers a higher launching shaft with a little bit of action?

Edited by GolfTurkey

1 hour ago, GolfTurkey said:

Apologies if you have already covered this, but how much of that distance improvement do you think comes from lower weight vs your previous shaft (if any) vs the profile of the Ventus suiting you better / special Ventus magic?

Fujifit puts me in Red / TR 6x and I have played Red 6X before. I'm thinking of tipping a TR Red 5S because I might be able to swing a lighter shaft quicker. I know the answer is "get fit" but it's next to impossible to test multiple upcharge / exotic shafts where I live.

@Fujikura Golf, any thoughts for someone with playing ball speed low to mid 160s (can touch 170) who prefers a higher launching shaft with a little bit of action?

I’m actually playing a Ventus TR 5R which is heavier than my previous shaft which was a 45 gram Aldila Quanta. I was in a very good fit before the change. In fact, after seeing the numbers in my fitting, the fitter mentioned that he was going to have his work cut out for him. But the numbers and results speak for themselves. With TR Blue I picked up over 4mph ball speed with no change in launch, spin, or dispersion. In fact, EVERY guy on the trip picked up ball speed, carry distance, and tighter dispersion.

TR tends to play a touch stiffer than the standard Ventus. How did the Ventus Red 6X work for you previously? The most important thing I found is to not guess on what profile will fit you based on the tip stiffness. When you find the right handle profile the performance changes immediately. For example, I hit TR Blue higher and further than TR Red. I think every Wrx’ r that was on the trip probably ended up in a different profile than they would have said before they were fit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

I’m actually playing a Ventus TR 5R which is heavier than my previous shaft which was a 45 gram Aldila Quanta. I was in a very good fit before the change. In fact, after seeing the numbers in my fitting, the fitter mentioned that he was going to have his work cut out for him. But the numbers and results speak for themselves. With TR Blue I picked up over 4mph ball speed with no change in launch, spin, or dispersion. In fact, EVERY guy on the trip picked up ball speed, carry distance, and tighter dispersion.

TR tends to play a touch stiffer than the standard Ventus. How did the Ventus Red 6X work for you previously? The most important thing I found is to not guess on what profile will fit you based on the tip stiffness. When you find the right handle profile the performance changes immediately. For example, I hit TR Blue higher and further than TR Red. I think every Wrx’ r that was on the trip probably ended up in a different profile than they would have said before they were fit.

I would say the Red 6X was good not great but difficult to say because the head that it was in wasn't the best fit. I currently play a Red 7X in my 7 wood which I would also call ok to good but not great (I'm not the best at saying why something does or doesn't suit me perfectly, I just know when it's the case, whereas some people can pinpoint exactly "oh the handle is too stiff and the mid too loose" or whatever).

I played blue (also non TR) in a hybrid before and didn't really like it. The soft handle to very stiff tip is just a weird mix for me and I had an off the planet left miss in there with that one. Also had black in the driver but that's hard work.

If it helps at all, Modus 105X in my irons is a really good fit, but I'm looking at Axiom for my elbows. I guess I like stable but still smooth feeling shafts. Nothing obviously whippy but not a pole either.

7 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

I would say the Red 6X was good not great but difficult to say because the head that it was in wasn't the best fit. I currently play a Red 7X in my 7 wood which I would also call ok to good but not great (I'm not the best at saying why something does or doesn't suit me perfectly, I just know when it's the case, whereas some people can pinpoint exactly "oh the handle is too stiff and the mid too loose" or whatever).

I played blue (also non TR) in a hybrid before and didn't really like it. The soft handle to very stiff tip is just a weird mix for me and I had an off the planet left miss in there with that one. Also had black in the driver but that's hard work.

If it helps at all, Modus 105X in my irons is a really good fit, but I'm looking at Axiom for my elbows. I guess I like stable but still smooth feeling shafts. Nothing obviously whippy but not a pole either.

Axiom 105X would be a very good option. Essentially tight dispersion of steel with much better feel. Very stable feel, but not boardy.

Can you feel the shaft kick in the Red 6X or Red 7X? Based on your previous experience with Blue and Black, I think TR Red might be exactly what you’re looking for. It’s a little more stable in the mid section than the standard Red.

10 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

Can you feel the shaft kick in the Red 6X or Red 7X? Based on your previous experience with Blue and Black, I think TR Red might be exactly what you’re looking for. It’s a little more stable in the mid section than the standard Red.

I remember a bit of a kick with the 6X and I could hit it quite high, but nothing that bothered me.

The 7X has very little kick because my club builder cracked the bottom of the shaft when changing adapters and had to cut a bunch off. It plays short and heavily tipped, basically a Ventus "Purple".

6 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

I remember a bit of a kick with the 6X and I could hit it quite high, but nothing that bothered me.

The 7X has very little kick because my club builder cracked the bottom of the shaft when changing adapters and had to cut a bunch off. It plays short and heavily tipped, basically a Ventus "Purple".

I think TR Red is what you’re looking for, but would be better to try one before you buy to confirm

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

As @hammergolf said the Red sounds right in theory, so if you don't load it that hard, I'm guessing it could work. Honestly not sure how much more you'd be squeezing out in that set up vs the 6-X you're already using, also factoring in any potential dispersion issues with a lighter weight. That would be an interesting side-by-side for sure. 

I've personally tried the 50-X shaft thing in the past with the Fuji Blur and Fubuki J, but didn't really gain anything overall. 

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Dropped my irons off today to get installed!  I ended up picking up an extra 105S to put in my AW.  I have A LOT of golf coming up over the next month or so (EOM July will be three rounds in a weekend and then the following weekend will be Wednesday through Sunday two a day).  I actually also picked up Fujikura Pro 115s to put in the 52/56/60.  One of the reasons is that I've had a lot of right elbow trouble that seems to "shock" with mishits.

I'm really looking forward to getting them installed because the experience with the Ventus TR Red has been fantastic.  Except for the fact that I can't make it home in time to beat my wife to pick up packages of shafts.  She wasn't "thrilled" with the Ventus TR Red that I bought for my fairway. 

But the experience with the Ventus TR Red 7S in my Paradym has been wonderful.  Distance has increased, especially off the tee with no loss (actually gains in accuracy).  I've had to work on the shots off the deck since it feels like it kicks a little different than the Atmos, but I'm sure that will change.  Don't pay attention to the 2nd shot in the first picture.  That typically happens when you block a 3W off a tree into a patio set and have it bounce back in the rough.....that was a rough hole.

I know that we were jsut focused on driver and irons....but the 3W Ventus is something else.  When I originally posted, my 3W was 241 yard average (mostly off the tee), now I'm up to 261.  Driver popped up a yard and I'm looking forward to seeing the data after a few more rounds to see if FIR increaesed.

image.png.71d9d4413bb400cac3b80c7ed46067c8.png

image.png.c9238703d1f80885f5a9813b3be97ef3.pngimage.png.426f21774acbd6916c98b5148704a5ad.png

Edited by CactusGolf
  • Like 2

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

1 hour ago, CactusGolf said:

Dropped my irons off today to get installed!  I ended up picking up an extra 105S to put in my AW.  I have A LOT of golf coming up over the next month or so (EOM July will be three rounds in a weekend and then the following weekend will be Wednesday through Sunday two a day).  I actually also picked up Fujikura Pro 115s to put in the 52/56/60.  One of the reasons is that I've had a lot of right elbow trouble that seems to "shock" with mishits.

I'm really looking forward to getting them installed because the experience with the Ventus TR Red has been fantastic.  Except for the fact that I can't make it home in time to beat my wife to pick up packages of shafts.  She wasn't "thrilled" with the Ventus TR Red that I bought for my fairway. 

But the experience with the Ventus TR Red 7S in my Paradym has been wonderful.  Distance has increased, especially off the tee with no loss (actually gains in accuracy).  I've had to work on the shots off the deck since it feels like it kicks a little different than the Atmos, but I'm sure that will change.  Don't pay attention to the 2nd shot in the first picture.  That typically happens when you block a 3W off a tree into a patio set and have it bounce back in the rough.....that was a rough hole.

I know that we were jsut focused on driver and irons....but the 3W Ventus is something else.  When I originally posted, my 3W was 241 yard average (mostly off the tee), now I'm up to 261.  Driver popped up a yard and I'm looking forward to seeing the data after a few more rounds to see if FIR increaesed.

image.png.71d9d4413bb400cac3b80c7ed46067c8.png

image.png.c9238703d1f80885f5a9813b3be97ef3.pngimage.png.426f21774acbd6916c98b5148704a5ad.png

Interested to hear you guys’ reviews when you get the Axioms installed in your irons.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

Interested to hear you guys’ reviews when you get the Axioms installed in your irons.

Those irons can't come home soon enough lol

• Haha 2

Toulon Palm Beach

1 minute ago, Puppetmaster said:

Those irons can't come home soon enough lol

When are the Cobra Tours arriving??

On 6/1/2023 at 12:43 AM, Puppetmaster said:

On the Axioms, I was the one coming from the KBS Tour V 110s, which are the S flex, but y'all knew that, and the final decision was the Axiom 105 in S flex, hardstepped once. 

The Tour V, much like my driver post above, did not spin enough, even though to my eye, they still launched decently high. Andrew, who is a fantastic fitter btw, wanted me to get more spin and a steeper descent angle. The Axiom 105 did just that, with a tight dispersion, were easier to load and had the right amount of feel (yes, subjective) for my swing. I think Fujikura is pretty darn close to that holy grail of both stability and feel with the Axiom (and Ventus). The hardstep was to give me more of the firmer feel I wanted, without needing to go into the 105X, which was too much work for me given my transition characteristics. 

Also, I hit a few draws and cuts for giggles after the fitting with the 105S and was able to do that, at least, to the best of my limited ability.  

One more note - I tried the 75S and 125X too, I think all of us did. The 75 did not feel like a 75 gram, felt much more stable than the weight would suggest. The 125X was stout but didn't feel like a pipe. Definitely felt all of the 125 grams, but again, they've done a nice job of leaving enough feel in it even though it's stiff, heavy shaft. 

awesome write up thanks

Driver- TITLEIST TSr1 10° AD-HD 6s
3 Wood- TITLEIST TSi2 15° AD-DI 7s
Hybrid- TITLEIST TSr2 21° AD-HY 75s

Irons- SRIXON Zx5 KBS Tour Lite 100s
Wedges- CALLAWAY Jaws Raw Black SF 95
Putter- SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 9.5

Ball- BRIDGESTONE Tour B X

Played today with my old iron set while the Axioms were being installed in my gamer set and had a NIGHTMARE of a ball striking day.  Just goes to show you how important it is to actually be fit for irons and shafts.  Went from a 78 at Griffin Gate last weekend (gamer set) to a 89 today (back-up set).  When I finished the round today, Man O'War called and said everything was ready for pick up!

Came home and installed my Pure Grips (really hard to use anything other than them) and have everything ready to go.  I have a round scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at Griffin Gate so I'm really looking forward to getting out there!  Griffin Gate plays relatively tight and isn't super long (6,800 from the back), but there is a huge priority placed on the 2nd shot.

IMG_8325.JPEG

• Like 4

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

55 minutes ago, CactusGolf said:

Played today with my old iron set while the Axioms were being installed in my gamer set and had a NIGHTMARE of a ball striking day.  Just goes to show you how important it is to actually be fit for irons and shafts.  Went from a 78 at Griffin Gate last weekend (gamer set) to a 89 today (back-up set).  When I finished the round today, Man O'War called and said everything was ready for pick up!

Came home and installed my Pure Grips (really hard to use anything other than them) and have everything ready to go.  I have a round scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at Griffin Gate so I'm really looking forward to getting out there!  Griffin Gate plays relatively tight and isn't super long (6,800 from the back), but there is a huge priority placed on the 2nd shot.

IMG_8325.JPEG

Awesome!!!Cant wait to see the data.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CactusGolf said:

IMG_8325.JPEG

Excellent. Can't wait to hear your thoughts over the coming weeks, including those wedge shafts.

Mine are still at the installer, seems like lots of other people are doing mid-summer builds/rebuilds.

• Like 1

Toulon Palm Beach

4 hours ago, Puppetmaster said:

Excellent. Can't wait to hear your thoughts over the coming weeks, including those wedge shafts.

Mine are still at the installer, seems like lots of other people are doing mid-summer builds/rebuilds.

That's what it sounded like when I dropped mine off.  There are quite a few tournaments this time of the year here in Kentucky (Kentucky State AM qualifier, recruiting events for college players, Barbasol qualifier, etc.) so it sounded like everyone was doing shaft installs the last couple of weeks.  I was shocked that they were able to install in essentially 3 business days.  

Tee time is at 4:12 today so should be easy to get in a full 18!  Pace of play is usually lightning fast as a single at this place.

• Like 1

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

18 minutes ago, CactusGolf said:

That's what it sounded like when I dropped mine off.  There are quite a few tournaments this time of the year here in Kentucky (Kentucky State AM qualifier, recruiting events for college players, Barbasol qualifier, etc.) so it sounded like everyone was doing shaft installs the last couple of weeks.  I was shocked that they were able to install in essentially 3 business days.  

Tee time is at 4:12 today so should be easy to get in a full 18!  Pace of play is usually lightning fast as a single at this place.

Play well…