2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

2024 Bag Is Set Challenge (BISC) Thread!!!

Dan Drake

On 2/25/2024 at 6:51 PM, Mych said:

Concur

image.gif.32ca7db044dec194931575fecc3178a4.gif

• Like 1

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

2 hours ago, RSLP said:

Is this a parody thread?  Many Golfwrx'ers won't be able to get to March w/ out a bag update!

Although not as big an offender as some on this thread, you know who you are, I am notorious for switching out drivers during the year. I've also been known to dabble with iron shafts.

Not this year. I am going to remain strong. I'm going to ignore the fact that I am currently fighting the pulls in the simulator and won't be making any changes.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

1 hour ago, RSLP said:

8 hours until March is an awful long time, have you not seen the results of the new drivers:  longer, hotter, more forgiving!

Driver is the least of my challenges right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@jvincent are you still in? It's been a while homes, hope you're doing well

I'm still in here.....is this supposed to be hard?

I kid , i kid.....Serge might have a new putter soon.....in which case i'll immediately be out. 

But until then....

• Haha 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

1 hour ago, MtlJeff said:

@jvincent are you still in? It's been a while homes, hope you're doing well

I'm still in here.....is this supposed to be hard?

I kid , i kid.....Serge might have a new putter soon.....in which case i'll immediately be out. 

But until then....

Still in. I am committed to playing the same bag all year.

I may also be winning the "biggest miss on a par 3 with a 7-iron" prize too, but that's definitely not the clubs. Probably.

• Like 1

I need a ruling @Dan Drake....

A couple weeks ago my PXG driver shaft broke during play. Last week I changed the shaft to one I had stashed away and went to the range to test it... it felt like garbage, so I went back tonight to compare it against my old driver (TM M6), and the M6 felt better in every way. 

So does my initial post-repair range session count as "bagging" the repaired driver, or am I still in the broken-club replacement window until I play another round, particularly since my repair was a failure due to the shaft I chose? 

Edited by Mych
  • Like 1

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

13 hours ago, Mych said:

I need a ruling @Dan Drake....

A couple weeks ago my PXG driver shaft broke during play. Last week I changed the shaft to one I had stashed away and went to the range to test it... it felt like garbage, so I went back tonight to compare it against my old driver (TM M6), and the M6 felt better in every way. 

So does my initial post-repair range session count as "bagging" the repaired driver, or am I still in the broken-club replacement window until I play another round, particularly since my repair was a failure due to the shaft I chose? 

Good question and I guess this needs a touch of clarification:

Past Jan. 1, the first golf-like activity of the year starts everyone's BISC clock, so to speak, and sets their bag.  This is done as such to make sure that our beloved golfers in the northern territories suffer equally as much as those of us in the southern parts of the northern hemisphere (if you are from the southern hemisphere, please reverse those for accuracy).

But during the year, you may tempt yourself however you so desire, as only playing a green grass round of golf with a different bag can officially expel you from the BISC for that year.  The committee feels that anything more exacting than that would simply be impossible for all but the lamest and most boring of WRX'ers out there.  (apologies to all lame and boring WRX'ers, only slight offense is intended here)

So, much like watching a PGA touring professional take a free drop from an immovable obstruction, then another free drop from a cart path, and then another free drop from an overzealous fan, and finally another free drop because the TV producers said so and they now have a flat lie from the center of the fairway with a wedge in their hands as opposed to being neck-deep in some spinach with absolutely no shot (similar to my odds of completing this foolishness), you have managed to MacGruber your way into a gray, but safe and acceptable, area of the BISC rules.  You are still in.  

BUT........

You only stay in if you continue to play the PXG with a replacement shaft of your choice.  If you put the M6 in play, like Heidi Klum says about fashion, "One day you are in and the next day you are out."  Also, you cannot intentionally break the PXG head so that you can change completely over to the M6 driver.  

......Of course, you might be able to find another loophole.  Maybe have Mrs. Mych kick the PXG head down the sidewalk for 15 minutes or so, until it is deemed "unplayable" and then replace it with the M6?  Sounds like the committee needs to put a few addendums into the rules....

• Haha 3

'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

8 minutes ago, Dan Drake said:

Past Jan. 1, the first golf-like activity of the year starts everyone's BISC clock, so to speak, and sets their bag.  This is done as such to make sure that our beloved golfers in the northern territories suffer equally as much as those of us in the southern parts of the northern hemisphere (if you are from the southern hemisphere, please reverse those for accuracy).

But during the year, you may tempt yourself however you so desire, as only playing a green grass round of golf with a different bag can officially expel you from the BISC for that year.  The committee feels that anything more exacting than that would simply be impossible for all but the lamest and most boring of WRX'ers out there.  (apologies to all lame and boring WRX'ers, only slight offense is intended here)

So, much like watching a PGA touring professional take a free drop from an immovable obstruction, then another free drop from a cart path, and then another free drop from an overzealous fan, and finally another free drop because the TV producers said so and they now have a flat lie from the center of the fairway with a wedge in their hands as opposed to being neck-deep in some spinach with absolutely no shot (similar to my odds of completing this foolishness), you have managed to MacGruber your way into a gray, but safe and acceptable, area of the BISC rules.  You are still in.  

BUT........

You only stay in if you continue to play the PXG with a replacement shaft of your choice.  If you put the M6 in play, like Heidi Klum says about fashion, "One day you are in and the next day you are out."  Also, you cannot intentionally break the PXG head so that you can change completely over to the M6 driver.  

......Of course, you might be able to find another loophole.  Maybe have Mrs. Mych kick the PXG head down the sidewalk for 15 minutes or so, until it is deemed "unplayable" and then replace it with the M6?  Sounds like the committee needs to put a few addendums into the rules....

Thanks for the clarification. I have a hard decision to make by the weekend 🙂

Still in, but feels like borrowed time. 

• Like 1

WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

Also, FWIW, I am still very much alive in this year's edition of "How stupid am I when it comes to my golf clubs!"  BISC, whatever.......

In a very happy/sad moment, I went skiing with the family a few weeks ago and had what's known as a yard sale while night skiing.  Don't fret, I'm not good enough to be night skiing (or night putting for that matter) nor did I make any money at said yard sale.  Skiing is funny like that. 

Also, if anyone else is independently wealthy, I highly recommend taking up skiing and trying to do a Q(quiver as I'm told its referred to)ISC each year for that ridiculous sport.  

Anyhoodles, the good news out of all of this is that at the end (beginning?  What actually constitutes the beginning and end of a yard sale? I need to know, as more are assuredly part of my future) of my yard sale, my face was in the agreed upon place to halt my flight down said mountainous slope.  The impact compacted a few vertebra and I've had a pinched nerve running down my left shoulder/elbow/hand for the last 3 weeks.  Haven't swung a club (righty) the entire time, its been great!!!

Couple more weeks and I'll set a new PB for this idiotic pursuit. 

'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mych said:

Thanks for the clarification. I have a hard decision to make by the weekend 🙂

Still in, but feels like borrowed time. 

Well, if it is any consolation, I have the utmost faith that you will make the wrong decision, regardless of which direction you go.  At least it'll work out that way if you and I are as alike as it appears.

Golf really is like life in a lot of ways, innit?  

Edited by Dan Drake
  • Haha 1

'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

37 minutes ago, Dan Drake said:

Well, if it is any consolation, I have the utmost faith that you will make the wrong decision, regardless of which direction you go.  At least it'll work out that way if you and I are as alike as it appears.

Golf really is like like in a lot of ways, innit?  

When my driver head went flying off, it came to rest less than a foot from a bulkhead that drops off into a pond full of muck. I would've been unlikely to retrieve my driver head without a fishing net. As luck would have it, that would've been the best outcome for my current situation, but the golf gods smiled on me knowing full well that they were likely leading me to disaster in the BISC. Such malevolent serendipity.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Dan Drake said:

The impact compacted a few vertebra and I've had a pinched nerve running down my left shoulder/elbow/hand for the last 3 weeks.  Haven't swung a club (righty) the entire time, its been great!!!

So if you start playing golf left handed, does that mean you can have a second bag? Asking for a friend…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Iron History: Macgregor blades -> Tour Model 3 -> 20 year hiatus -> Callaway Rogue (ugh) -> PtxPro -> P790 -> MP4 -> MP32 -> 623CB -> ZX5 mkII -> Cobra Tours

Dr: Titleist TSR3

3W: Ping G430 SFT

7W: Callaway Paradym

4H: Cobra King Tec

5-GW: Titleist T100

W: Edison 2.0

P: Odessey Versa 7

After a driver/fairway fitting and no live rounds played in the new year, I'm all set for '24

D -      Callaway Smoke Ai Max

3W -   Wilson Staff Dynapower

3H -    Cleveland Halo XL

4H -    Mizuno JPX 923 FliHi

5H -    Mizuno JPX 923 FliHi

6-GW  Srixon ZX4 MKII

54-58  Ping Glide 4.0

P -       Mizuno OMOI 6

Ball-    Srixon Z Star Diamond 

2 hours ago, Jmccas said:

So if you start playing golf left handed, does that mean you can have a second bag? Asking for a friend…

Please let your friend know that he/she is allowed to have as many bags and play from as many sides as so desired.  

Unfortunately, much like what will happen to me on May 18th, should I even last that long which is almost assuredly a zero % chance, I will be out as soon as I lefty snap-fade my first tee shot onto the driving range on the first hole of my annual buddies drinkin, er, golf trip.  

'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

23 minutes ago, ONtheRUN said:

After a driver/fairway fitting and no live rounds played in the new year, I'm all set for '24

D -      Callaway Smoke Ai Max

3W -   Wilson Staff Dynapower

3H -    Cleveland Halo XL

4H -    Mizuno JPX 923 FliHi

5H -    Mizuno JPX 923 FliHi

6-GW  Srixon ZX4 MKII

54-58  Ping Glide 4.0

P -       Mizuno OMOI 6

Ball-    Srixon Z Star Diamond 

image.png.f9126d34d78b184105cd5210ad20a703.png

'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

4 hours ago, Dan Drake said:

BUT........

What if you put something in your bag that would signify a change, but never hit it and revert back to the original bag? In or out?

This is hypothetical because I’m already out.

Mizuno ST-Z 220 10.5* - Tensei Blue Raw AV 65S

Ping G425 5w 16.5* - Alta CB 65S, Ping G425 7w 19.5* - Tensei Orange AV Raw 75S

Mizuno CLK 22* & 25* - Tensei CK Blue 70S

Mizuno 919 HMP 5i-PW - Recoil 95 F4, Mizuno T22 54 & 58 - Recoil 95 F4

Odyssey 2 Ball Ten White Hot Tour Insert

Will be out very shortly as trail (right) elbow has a bit of inflammation, a sure sign that attempting to switch back to steel from graphite is a futile attempt. Already had a nice set of raw Vokeys with recoil proto 125 wedge shafts, and a set of irons with recoil proto 110 should be delivered by midday tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

I want to say my current signature is my tools for the year... but I am a weak weak man.

• Haha 1

Driver: Ping G430 Max (Ventus Velocore TR Red 6x)

4W: Titleist Tsi2 16.5* (Hazardus Smoke RDX 70)

7W: Titleist 910 21* (UST Mamiya Attas 75)

Irons: Handmade Stix LB-1 4-PW (Dynamic Gold X100)

Wedges: 50*, 54* & 60* Vokey SM9 (Dynamic Gold S400)

Putter: Odyssey Toulon Austin 

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

25 minutes ago, gator022 said:

What if you put something in your bag that would signify a change, but never hit it and revert back to the original bag? In or out?

If you never use a club you'd have to still be in. 

I mean there's always exceptions for rental clubs , going to top golf etc....

If you never actually use a club you're still in

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

4 hours ago, Dan Drake said:

Also, FWIW, I am still very much alive in this year's edition of "How stupid am I when it comes to my golf clubs!"  BISC, whatever.......

In a very happy/sad moment, I went skiing with the family a few weeks ago and had what's known as a yard sale while night skiing.  Don't fret, I'm not good enough to be night skiing (or night putting for that matter) nor did I make any money at said yard sale.  Skiing is funny like that. 

Also, if anyone else is independently wealthy, I highly recommend taking up skiing and trying to do a Q(quiver as I'm told its referred to)ISC each year for that ridiculous sport.  

Anyhoodles, the good news out of all of this is that at the end (beginning?  What actually constitutes the beginning and end of a yard sale? I need to know, as more are assuredly part of my future) of my yard sale, my face was in the agreed upon place to halt my flight down said mountainous slope.  The impact compacted a few vertebra and I've had a pinched nerve running down my left shoulder/elbow/hand for the last 3 weeks.  Haven't swung a club (righty) the entire time, its been great!!!

Couple more weeks and I'll set a new PB for this idiotic pursuit. 

My ears are burning!

I actually did take up skiing for a few years , and gave it up after a particularly rough day where i was worried about basically shattering my knees and missing golf seasons. 

I'm thinking of ordering Mizuno MP241s just to kinda have them because they look so nice. But not sure i am going to. 

I've already told Serge i will be customer #1 for his new putter. So i'm out as soon as that is done. But other than that still have the same bag. 

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I believe I stated this before, I have my Apex 24 iron fitting this Friday, I will be replacing my Apex Pro 21, which I thought I would never do they have been amazing, that said, I may still not get the new ones unless they are that much better (which they seem to be), going in with an open mind and see what works best, if I do get the new ones, my thoughts are looking at a combo set, 8-10 MB, 5-7 CB. 4i Pro, I will also try the driver (TD), again, mine works great so no issues if I don't get the new one...the rest of the clubs are safe (for at least the rest of this season...lol)

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

FAIL FAIL FAIL 🤦🏼‍♂️😖

Neither of the drivers have lasted into March. 😂 The Ai Smoke just didn’t perform for me. TM drivers just suit me so replaced both Callys with a Qi10 LS which is just fantastic and my old SIM2.

The super hybrid didn’t go as far as my higher lofted hybrid 🤷🏼‍♂️so that’s gone too and the 4i is back in.

Oh well, at least I tried (not very hard)

On 1/23/2024 at 11:07 AM, PunkGolfWRX said:

👍🏼👍🏼

DR: Callaway PARADYM Ai SMOKE Triple Diamond 8° | Project X Denali Black 60 6.0

DR: Callaway PARADYM Triple Diamond 9°@10° | autoFlex Yellow SF505X

HY: Callaway Epic Super Hybrid #2  16°@15° | Aerotech SteelFiber fc75 F4
HY: Callaway Epic Flash #3 18°@20° | Aerotech SteelFiber fc75 F4
5-PW: Callaway Epic Forged 19 | Aerotech SteelFiber fc90 F4
GW: Titleist Vokey WEDGEWORKS RAW M Grind   50° | Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
SW: Titleist Vokey WEDGEWORKS RAW Low Bounce K 58°@57° | Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
LW: Titleist Vokey WEDGEWORKS RAW T Grind 60°@61° | Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
P: Scotty Cameron H21 Limited Proto PX-7.5-SN-TB | Tour Black 34.5”

Edited by PunkGolfWRX
Error
  • Like 2

DR: TaylorMade Qi10 LS  6.5° | autoFlex SF505X Yellow

DR: TaylorMade Qi10 DESIGNER SERIES BLACK OUT  7.5° | autoFlex SF505X Rainbow

HY: Callaway Epic Flash #3  17° | Aerotech SteelFiber fc75 F4

4-PW: Callaway Epic Forged 19 | Aerotech SteelFiber fc90 F4

GW: Titleist Vokey WEDGEWORKS RAW M Grind    50° | Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
SW: Titleist Vokey WEDGEWORKS RAW Low Bounce K  57° | Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
LW: Titleist Vokey WEDGEWORKS RAW T Grind  61° | Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
P: Scotty Cameron H21 Limited Proto PX-7.5-SN-TB | Tour Black 34.5”
B: CTX/TP5X/-PROV1X Still testing

Bench
HY: PING G410 #3 19° |  Veylix Arcane Wildeye Rainbow Copper Mod S

P: Titleist Scotty Cameron TOUR ISSUE Newport Concept 2 CIRCLE T WELD NECK  | 34”

4 hours ago, gator022 said:

As the distinguished @MtlJeff correctly mentioned, you may put the right club in, take the right club out, put the right club in and shake it all about as often as you like.  You just can't have the "new" club in the bag when you hit a tee shot on a green grass round of golf.  

• Haha 1

'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

3 hours ago, Dan Drake said:

As the distinguished @MtlJeff correctly mentioned, you may put the right club in, take the right club out, put the right club in and shake it all about as often as you like.  You just can't have the "new" club in the bag when you hit a tee shot on a green grass round of golf.  

I like @MtlJeff misunderstood me. I’m saying for example, bag locks with a 7 wood, you decide you want a 3 hybrid tomorrow and swap it out, you play the round never hit it. I’m assuming you’re saying you’re out?

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 220 10.5* - Tensei Blue Raw AV 65S

Ping G425 5w 16.5* - Alta CB 65S, Ping G425 7w 19.5* - Tensei Orange AV Raw 75S

Mizuno CLK 22* & 25* - Tensei CK Blue 70S

Mizuno 919 HMP 5i-PW - Recoil 95 F4, Mizuno T22 54 & 58 - Recoil 95 F4

Odyssey 2 Ball Ten White Hot Tour Insert

7 hours ago, Dan Drake said:

So do range sessions from astroturf not count? Only asking as you said green grass round - I’m already out so would be interested to know for next year 😉

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Taylormade Rescue Dual TP 19 S300
Taylormade Rescue Dual 22 Stiff
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

I'm just here to say "I DID IT" in 2023, the whole year, no changes. 

That will NOT be happening this year.  I am fiddling around with a 4i instead of hybrid for some par 3's we play in league and may try some fairway woods out.  Not totally ho-ing, but not a chance I meet BISC for the whole year.  

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 10.5* HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway 3HL Paradym X HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway 7w Paradym HZRDUS Silver 5.5

Tour Edge C522 4 and 6 hybrids Fubuki HL 55R

Callaway 6-52* irons Paradym HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Catalyst Wedge

Odyssey 11 Triple Track SuperStroke Traxion 2.0 

The decision has been made, my BISC challenge ends this weekend when my old M6 driver makes it's 2024 debut at the top of the bag.

My 2024 BISC obituary:

Here I sit so broken hearted,

tried not to quit but my driver has departed,

PXG was the big stick when the BISC started,

but it got injured and my bag was left unguarded,

as March starts my dream of victory has been upended,

my throne as the king of early exits has been defended,

my bag's current cohort and a past member have blended,

thus my journey to experience ultimate golf stability has ended. 

In haiku form:

Primed to be my year

Had an issue with my gear

Challenge ends I fear

Edited by Mych
  • Haha 4